• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I dunno, it is entirely possible that Ash could get a Greninja in the Anime, otherwise Greninja is the big lipped alligator moment of Super Smash Bros
IIRC Sakurai got a suggestion by GameFreak to add Greninja and Sakurai liked that idea. Its added popularity was a nice bonus for Sakurai.
And I think Greninja's popularity is the reason why I assume Ash gets a Greninja. For the same reason why I think he has a Hawlucha, another really popular gen VI Pokémon.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
damn the anime may be getting good:

looks like luxio evolves, ash gets a goomy and evolves it to goodra, serena gets braixen and possiblely has another pokemon like treecko with her, hence her being blocked out, and froakie evolves.
where is this pic from out of curiosity?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Someone is really going to feeling it :

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I wonder why Olimar doesn't have an Amiibo yet, he was the first character revealed outside of the initial batch at the first E3.

Olimar is one of the only Amiibos that I really kind of want.

I want Ness the most, though..

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I wonder why Olimar doesn't have an Amiibo yet, he was the first character revealed outside of the initial batch at the first E3.

Olimar is one of the only Amiibos that I really kind of want.

I want Ness the most, though..
I want the Dr.Mario one, he's going to be late, but I don't care, I want it ! And I'll probably get the one of Mario and Luigi, that for sure.

Oh yeah, did someone already post the amiibo of Ike ? If not, here it is. If yes, here it is again :

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I want the Dr.Mario one, he's going to be late, but I don't care, I want it ! And I'll probably get the one of Mario and Luigi, that for sure.
Ness is the only day one buy for me.

But I'm seriously considering Olimar, Pac-Man, Mr. Game & Watch, and Kirby. The rest of my mains are a little lower.

Hell, if I wouldn't go bankrupt from it, I'd buy the lot of them. Or at least, all of my mains.

If Rayman and Snake end up as DLC and get Amiibos, they would be insta-buys.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is high art compared to Marth's.
Marth's amiibo reminds me of a dollar store action figure. What with the face and all. I mean, it barely constitutes as a face to begin with. :p

Mario, Pikachu and Fox look pretty good, for the ones in the first set.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Hey guys. Thought Sonic Boom couldn't get any more degrading?

Here's your 100% completion award on the 3DS version.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm still waiting for those amiibo figures: :4robinm::4darkpit::4ganondorf:

I hope they don't become Rerbin, Dark Pert and Ganonderp.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Crashboards... >_>

I just started watching the anime, after completing the Visual Novel (some chapters twice). Personally, I think the VN is far superior; they cut quite a lot of extra bits to fit it into the episodic format.

Though it kills the suspense/mystery because I know beforehand what's going to happen AND in more detail.
I've seen the whole series. I'm not one for getting Visual Novels. If I were to ever get one the first would be the Angel Beats one that's being released... at some point.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, they were never human.
:laugh: That's a good one! And quite sinister considering your avatar... :evil:

Anyway, I'm really liking the songs "King Dedede's Theme Ver. 2" and "Fortress Boss (Super Mario World)". The themes arranged in traditional Japanese and flamenco respectively is quite creative and add a lot to the musical variety of the game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The new King Dedede theme reminded me of the Samurai Kirby mini-game from Super Star and it's remake.

Now I really want an alt. where Dedede wears the get-up he had in that mini-game...

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Meanwhile, Ike is having fun :

Less eating, more training :

And a cute picture with Palutena and Lucina :

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
awww :(

Maybe later then.
Yeah. I'll tag you when I'm available.

The new King Dedede theme reminded me of the Samurai Kirby mini-game from Super Star and it's remake.

Now I really want an alt. where Dedede wears the get-up he had in that mini-game...
Samurai, ninja and/or yukata alts for everyone. #PlsSamurai

(At least, for Lucina and Dedede, but the more the merrier.)

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Argh not posted all day yet. Just looked through the last few pages, don't think I missed anything. Is everyone (feeling it:4shulk:) good?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

This might sound strange. But it seems like reasonable torture. Any mortal foolish enough to buy the game kind of knew the consequences. You could tell it was hot garbage just by looking at it.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Is it me or is his face off? Not as bad as Marth, but his face doesn't look right.
The more realistic humanoid the characters are the worse they seem to suffer in regards to the Amiibo design. Ike doesn't look that bad if only because he's got slightly more headroom to work then Marth does.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I was actually just talking to a friend about that, they had another picture of it that shows the characters unblurred:

It's harder to see, but from what I've been told, it confirms Goodra, Luxray, Braixen and Frogadier.

I dunno, it is entirely possible that Ash could get a Greninja in the Anime, otherwise Greninja is the big lipped alligator moment of Super Smash Bros
It was added because they liked what it could do, simple as that. It being in Smash has nothing to do with it appearing in the anime, particularly since the decision to use him in the game may've even predated the planning process for it.

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
The X/Y anime? I watched the first few episodes and didn't really like it, I don't think the anime will ever be as great as it was in season 1, though the series in Hoenn were fantastic.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Viridi's fangirling over Link is going to an extreme...

This may also blow your mind.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

So, is this really our reward? Donkey Kong got the Banana Temple, Mario gets the rooftop, Sonic gets stiff animations. I wonder if the guy even feels fulfilled knowing that the 100% he tried so hard to get ended up with this.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Why do people keep on using purple and other hard to read colours of post text on this dark grey forum?
Are they trying to make their posts harder to read on purpose? This ****s me to no end.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Why do people keep on using purple and other hard to read colours of post text on this dark grey forum?
Are they trying to make their posts harder to read on purpose? This ****s me to no end.
Probably because they're using a different forum theme that compliments purple from their perspective.

Look at the bottom left page to change themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom