• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I was never into anime when I was younger, animation and character style irritated me at the time, and my mom would never let me anywhere near it even if I wanted to try it.

As I got older though there came a day when CN started a marathon of the original Pokemon anime, which I decided to watch out of curiosity. I fell it love with it. I've been a bit more open to anime since that day, still hoping that I can find a good place to watch Soul Eater and One Piece. Maybe Desert Punk as well.

also

Anyone remember this show? I freaking loved it when I was younger, and could only recently remember the name of it.
NOSTALGIAHSIFHASPIFHSIPHFSFD

This was probably my favorite show for the entirety of the time that it was around. Actively followed it and I would even look for reruns whenever they were on. I loved it, and if I could I'd probably watch the whole series over again.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was into anime for a while but I started finding their tropes tiresome

Especially since, it seemed to me, newer and newer anime were just getting tropier and tropier

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So the dude who made VGCats and Super Effective! made this T-shirt. I imagine a lot of people will be interested in this.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The early '00s nostalgia is strong in this page...
liek if ur a '00s kid!1!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I didn't know CliffJumper was a Transformer for the longest time.

I thought Cliff just had a hilariously self-aware username.
I never understood his username, but then again, I'm really not one to talk, what with MY username...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always though Cliffjumper's name meant that he'd KO himself in Smash a lot

Or purposely KO himself so the opponent doesn't get the kill or something

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
> Username = HyperFalcon
> Is a fish

DOES NOT COMPUTE.
Do not forget that my second-most used Avatar was a Sea Bass. XD

Why do I get the feeling that adaptations from video games are usually bad?

(Well, there are exceptions, mainly for JRPGs... But then again, you have the Pokémon anime, so...)
Not entirely. I'm more interested in how well they can get the personalities. Pokemon was its own Universe and works well enough. I prefer it over Origins, since it felt more like a logical approach to how stuff works in a real world-based scenario.

Then again, Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm was more popular than the second Live-Action movie. Probably because the characters were all assholes and entertaining. It had a severe Designated Hero Syndrome problem. I think the only one who wasn't a jerk was Liu Kang at best?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Justice League!

I wished he had his own tv show.

Young Justice is cool too, except it was cancelled for some reason.

I wished that Samurai Jack was finished someday...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just noticed; there's a "True Blue Warrior" and an "Azure Warrior" here.
...what the Hell?
I couldn't think of a name more fitting for a tribute to my favorite Valkyria Chronicels character (Though I do find it hilarious how close my name is to @True Blue Warrior). My favorite characters are blue and my worst nightmares (Any Courage the Cowardly Dog and Ao Oni fan know what monstrosities I'm talking about).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Why was the decepticon even named Cliffjumper in the first place?
What kind of a name is "Cliffjumper" for a robot/truck?
Cliffjumper is an AUTOBOT. Autobots are the good guys led by Optimus Prime. Decepticons are the bad guys led by Megatron.

Besides, Cliffjumper is a red Volkswagen Beetle in the original G1 Cartoon (and the movie where he nearly dies), not a truck. If you want a truck from the transformers that isn't Optimus Prime, there's Trailbreaker, Motormaster, Huffer, Gears, Pipes, Swerve, Kup, Ultra Magnus, pretty much all six of the Constructicons, Inferno, Hoist, Hot Spot, Onslaught, Grapple, or Rodimus to an extent.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I just saw someone call ZSS "Zero Skill Samus" and I can't stop giggling

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like how Justice League had Batman Beyond episodes in it

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I just saw someone call ZSS "Zero Skill Samus" and I can't stop giggling
Can't blame 'em
All ZeRo Suit Samus did in the invitational was play chicken with HBox to nab a cheap win
...Yes, I'm still miffed about that.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Cliffjumper is an AUTOBOT. Autobots are the good guys led by Optimus Prime. Decepticons are the bad guys led by Megatron.

Besides, Cliffjumper is a red Volkswagen Beetle in the original G1 Cartoon (and the movie where he nearly dies), not a truck. If you want a truck from the transformers that isn't Optimus Prime, there's Trailbreaker, Motormaster, Huffer, Gears, Pipes, Swerve, Kup, Ultra Magnus, pretty much all six of the Constructicons, Inferno, Hoist, Hot Spot, Onslaught, Grapple, or Rodimus to an extent.
I know that. I know the difference.
I just misread your original comment as "shouldn't have" instead of "should've"

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Can't blame 'em
All ZeRo Suit Samus did in the invitational was play chicken with HBox to nab a cheap win
...Yes, I'm still miffed about that.
You mean ZeRo Skill Samus? :troll:

I agree with you though. That was a stupid finale for a hyped invitational. Also Geoff Keighley :secretkpop:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wished that Samurai Jack was finished someday...
This show had the best intro ever.

And one of the most epic and funky theme songs ever.

They do continue Samurai Jack in the form of comics from what I've heard. Might have to see if I can get my hands on some copies of them somewhere, or read them online.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I always though Cliffjumper's name meant that he'd KO himself in Smash a lot

Or purposely KO himself so the opponent doesn't get the kill or something
Now that you mention it, I used to do this gag in Majoras Mask where I'd jump off a high platform like the entrance to Clock Tower wearing the Blast Mask, activating the mask in mid jump just for laughs.

Either way, some characters in Transformers had some pretty weird names. There was of course the triple changer decepticon Astrotrain, who has two alternate modes, a space shuttle, and of course, a train. Then we have Blaster, you'd expect him to be some kinda decepticon tank, but no, he's basically the Autobot's version of Soundwave. Then there's Jazz. I mean, what? How did Jazz music exist on Cybertron those millions of years before u an civilization started?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Then again, Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm was more popular than the second Live-Action movie. Probably because the characters were all *******s and entertaining. It had a severe Designated Hero Syndrome problem. I think the only one who wasn't a jerk was Liu Kang at best?
That cartoon was great in a bad way. Raiden was the funniest dude. There's too much sarcasm to handle. The Mega Man cartoon was funny too, especially the Mega Man X episode, he just dived kicked Vile like 3 times in one episode.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That cartoon was great in a bad way. Raiden was the funniest dude. There's too much sarcasm to handle. The Mega Man cartoon was funny too, especially the Mega Man X episode, he just dived kicked Vile like 3 times in one episode.
Pretty much. They were fun, regardless of being terrible in a way too. On the other hand, Darkstalkers managed to get the personalities down pat(or made them seriously lovable. Annakiris, lordy... best character ever). The animation itself was really bad. Jeez, poor Morrigan. The anime adaption wasn't much better, to be honest; Somehow Donovan becomes the savior of mankind, despite Dimetri and Morrigan being the official "heroes" of the series. That's their legitimate role. Neither were completely evil in the cartoon, at least. Just jerks, although still on the evil axis overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom