• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Alien Force was all about retcons

Retcons everywhere
Which is why I'm glad Omniverse retconned some of the retcons. For example, Kevin is no longer an alien, but a human with mutant powers like he was meant to. Also, there are things hinting at Omniverse heading towards the original 10,000 timeline but with minor differences.

D

Deleted member

These kind of shows are just.. meh. Good to see Johnny Test canceled though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I dislike it when stories get too inconsistent and retcon stuff too often. It's a sign of mediocrity.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
While on Johnny Test, saw this on NeoGAF:

HOLY ****!
That was one of my bigger gripes with the show, gigantic noveruse of the same music and sound effects.

Did anyone here see Almost Naked Animals? @ Wario Bros. Wario Bros. 's Video's comments reminded me of that.
My jaw dropped the first time I saw the show on Cartoon Network.

I was utterly speechless that such a idea of a show was ever allowed on television in the first place. Thank the almighty heavens it was taken off.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I fear no Man.
But that...THING...
It scares me.png
It scares me.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I watched it, and I liked it. I'm not a brony, and I don't regularly watch the show, just a couple of episodes. I can see why other people like it though.
Also, I must say, if anything, I like the fact that bronies exist because the brony music community is the best thing ever.
I'm a music lover in general, and bronies just love to make music, which makes me a happy Blargg.
This.
I haven't watched Season 4 after I lost interest but I still have some music saved.
Some of the people who made MLP have started doing other stuff that is equally awesome.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Which is why I'm glad Omniverse retconned some of the retcons. For example, Kevin is no longer an alien, but a human with mutant powers like he was meant to. Also, there are things hinting at Omniverse heading towards the original 10,000 timeline but with minor differences.
Ultimate Alien (I believe it was) also retconned magic back in

But also made retcons to Vilgax which were pretty bad

Welcome to MLP. (I think)

Guardians of the Galaxy TV show tho.
MLP was pretty consistent which storyline, I felt.

They even explained how Tirek escaped from the one episode WAY back when Cerberus randomly showed up in town

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
All of you guys complaining about bad cartoons, and I haven't heard any word about The Problem Solverz. I'm serious, as soon as I first saw the commercial for that show, I instantly gave up all hope for CN.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I watched the episodes on Netflix but I moved on to a different series after I was finished

Are there people that consistently just watch that show over and over again?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
All of you guys complaining about bad cartoons, and I haven't heard any word about The Problem Solverz. I'm serious, as soon as I first saw the commercial for that show, I instantly gave up all hope for CN.
Eh, I didn't really mind it that much.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
That was possible on 64? If I knew that, it would have saved me a lot!
I'm pretty sure (just hold break until a music note appears). Sorry, I was just testing some things in MK 64, as there were certain things that I thought happens, but I was wrong (like I thought you could prevent spinning out from those Penguins, I guess it's only bananas). Looking back on it, the game's pretty fast... The only Mario Kart games I've played is 64 and up, but out of all the Mario Karts games I did try, 64 seems to have the highest speeds (maybe MK GBA too).

Soul.

Ehhh...don't really care about shows. Pokémon anime is eh and Sonic Boom is going to last like, 13 minutes. Meh.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Ultimate Alien (I believe it was) also retconned magic back in

But also made retcons to Vilgax which were pretty bad
Yeah, didn't like Vilgax in UA. Glad he's voiced by Steve Blum again in Omniverse and the squid form is no longer his "true form". He isn't as big as a joke in Omniverse, but he's still not back to the glory days of the original. Steve Blum also voices Ghostfreak again.

Charmcaster's new design is closer to the original, and she's awesome again unlike what UA turned her into.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If we talk about good cartoons. Talk about Adventure Time and Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How long did that show last?
I used to not like that show, but seeing that opening made me realize how amazing it was.
8 months

Apparently there are/ were talks to bring the show back

But IDK if there has been any word since April 2013

Soul.

Yeah, didn't like Vilgax in UA. Glad he's voiced by Steve Blum again in Omniverse and the squid form is no longer his "true form". He isn't as big as a joke in Omniverse, but he's still not back to the glory days of the original. Steve Blum also voices Ghostfreak again.

Charmcaster's new design is closer to the original, and she's awesome again unlike what UA turned her into.
Your avatar is so Amphy. Lol, I'm guessing that is from the X/Y anime special?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Since all of the animation I can remember clearly is anime, I will go with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. For me, that was a masterpiece. I'm planning on re-watching it.

Speaking of anime, I do remember that I always preferred Japanese animation, even when I was younger. Something about the general art style of Japanese cartoons (animated or not) and the overall quirkiness and over-the-top stuff always appealed to me.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Since all of the animation I can remember clearly is anime, I will go with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. For me, that was a masterpiece. I'm planning on re-watching it.

Speaking of anime, I do remember that I always preferred Japanese animation, even when I was younger. Something about the general art style of Japanese cartoons (animated or not) and the overall quirkiness and over-the-top stuff always appealed to me.
I've started to prefer Japanese animation as well. I just find it more appealing.
Both the animation, and the OSTs.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I haven't watch Ben 10 in a long time. All I know is that the changed the art style again, though this time for the worse in my opinion. But I do remember hearing that the Secret Saturdays showed up in that show, which was cool. Vilgax was cool, but that's obvious, since he's voiced by Steve Blum.

Anyone remember this show? I freaking loved it when I was younger, and could only recently remember the name of it.
That show got a sequel series, that's only airing in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom