• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah, the hearing range of a normal human is 20 Hz to 20 kHz.

About lossy compression, I quote Wikipedia:

Lossy compression is used in practically everything. It's usually far more efficient when it comes to memory saving than lossless compression.

Well, I have both movement and hearing difficulties since birth, but I'm seen as smarter than most people.

The brain does compensate lack of certain skills by improving others. This is a fact.
Well, you can uncompress lossless so, that;s something.

But when I say I noticed differences with lossless, I mean I have to intentionally try. It is very hard to notice them and even than, it may had to do with the level parameter I used with flac, but if I could have some ripped wav of pokemon games and compare them with the ALAC encoded one I got from Itunes, than I might e on to something.

Actually, I have some spare time, I'll try myself with different format with TTYD music :)

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
You have awfully bad taste... >_>

I mean, it's anime, I'll give you that, but couldn't you have chosen a better anime?
Taste is subjective and adheres to a person's individual choice in pleasure and what they find entertaining.

Of course, Sonic X can be argued as bad. But if there are people like CliffJumper that can enjoy Sonic X, than it's doing something right for them.

Then we have the downright miserable, such as, I don't know... Freddy Got Fingered.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I will admit, I'm not really expecting Smash stuff in the Direct tomorrow (Duck Hunt Duo trailer notwithstanding).

I don't really watch very much anime besides Sonic and Pokemon. They aren't worth the trouble.
Says the guy with a Falco avatar...

Pokémon and Sonic are low-tier anime.

You will realize that once you watch better (but more obscure) anime.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Scratch what I said about B C & D.
We have Mii Outfits;
A:4mii:
B:4mario:
C:4luigi:
D:4yoshi:
E:4peach:
F:4dk:
G:4link:
H:4kirby:
I:4falcon:
J:4samus:

and K:4fox:

...Wow. I'm gonna need me an Amiibo.
Kirby Outfit AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~ :4kirby:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Taste is subjective and adheres to a person's individual choice in pleasure and what they find entertaining.

Of course, Sonic X can be argued as bad. But if there are people like CliffJumper that can enjoy Sonic X, than it's doing something right for them.

Then we have the downright miserable, such as, I don't know... Freddy Got Fingered.
I thought it was Chris Heisenberg

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Taste is subjective and adheres to a person's individual choice in pleasure and what they find entertaining. Of course, Sonic X can be argued as bad. But if there are people like CliffJumper that can enjoy Sonic X, than it's doing something right for them.
Yeah, but then there's those weird guys who watch My Little Pony cartoons. What's up with that?
*hides Fluttershy doll behind back*

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
But Wii was by no means a bad MK. Great roster, good tracks. Personally I wasn't fond of the item balance, but the same applies to 8. But I mean the board where everything that's not MKWii is immediately seen as terrible.
Kinda like the die-hard Meleelitists.
Personally, I really like MK GBA's item balance, but of course those were the days when not a lot of new items were introduced.

MK GBA has this neat mechanic where you could "plant" single red and blue shells behind you. They stay there, and when a driver passes by close enough, after some delay, the shell homes in on the driver (could even be yourself in you're not careful). Blue shells only chase after whoever's the leader though. This was kinda cool, because if you're first and have a red shell, you could set up traps for the drives behind you. Or, if you're too far behind and can't really make use of a red shell plant one behind you! Or if you're last place, just plant a red shell and BAM! a nice surprise for whoever's first!

And I miss the ability to prevent spinning as soon as you hit a banana (I think it's only in MK 64 and GBA).

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Personally, I really like MK GBA's item balance, but of course those were the days when not a lot of new items were introduced.

MK GBA has this neat mechanic where you could "plant" single red and blue shells behind you. They stay there, and when a driver passes by close enough, after some delay, the shell homes in on the driver (could even be yourself in you're not careful). Blue shells only chase after whoever's the leader though. This was kinda cool, because if you're first and have a red shell, you could set up traps for the drives behind you. Or, if you're too far behind and can't really make use of a red shell plant one behind you! Or if you're last place, just plant a red shell and BAM! a nice surprise for whoever's first!

And I miss the ability to prevent spinning as soon as you hit a banana (I think it's only in MK 64 and GBA).
I like Super Circuit as well. It's pretty cool.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Yeah, but then there's those weird guys who watch My Little Pony cartoons. What's up with that?
*hides Fluttershy doll behind back*
That was, and still is, a weird revolution in entertainment.

I'll admit, though, I watched the show myself just to see what the fuss was about. And... I liked it. I watched it (secretly), and for a cartoon aimed at kids, it's pretty decent. If I had children, I wouldn't mind them watching it.

I'm just not obsessed with it. I wasn't hyped enough to buy MLP merchandise. I have standards.

*hides Pikmin keyrings sitting on the desk in front of me.*

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I thought that was creepy when I first heard of the brony fandom and my stance on it hasn't changed one bit.

It's one of the few things in this world my mind utterly fails to comprehend. And I have witnessed many weird things before.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Pokémon and Sonic are low-tier anime.

You will realize that once you watch better (but more obscure) anime.
Don't get me started on the Pokemon anime haha. I could rant on and on, but I'll just say I think there's a lot missed potential that happens. I only watch the movies, and maybe select episodes depending if they introduce some of my fave NPCs from the games.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I thought that was creepy when I first heard of the brony fandom and my stance on it hasn't changed one bit.
It's one of the few things in this world my mind utterly fails to comprehend. And I have witnessed many weird things before.
It's literally a cartoon that has a fandom. It's not really that unique. If there wasn't three generations of toy lines before the legitimately well-made kid's cartoon it would not be weird for people my age/gender to like it.

That was, and still is, a weird revolution in entertainment.
I'll admit, though, I watched the show myself just to see what the fuss was about. And... I liked it. I watched it (secretly), and for a cartoon aimed at kids, it's pretty decent. If I had children, I wouldn't mind them watching it.
I'm just not obsessed with it. I wasn't hyped enough to buy MLP merchandise. I have standards.
*hides Pikmin keyrings sitting on the desk in front of me.*
To be fair, for the longest time MLP merchanise was terrible. We either had the dolls, which was...well, for lack of a better term, gay, and well...that's it. Now, they have better plush dolls but they're either bad-looking, or expensive.

The lack of quality merch for MLP was the reason I phased out of the fandom, but mostly that was because I couldn't get into season 3.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Okay, so I just watched this sneak peek of Steven Universe. I just wanna point this out...

THERE'S A NINTENDO GAMECUBE SITTING ON THE FLOOR AT THE BEGINNING OF THE VIDEO.

Rebecca Sugar, you're a boss!

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Okay, so I just watched this sneak peek of Steven Universe. I just wanna point this out...

THERE'S A NINTENDO GAMECUBE SITTING ON THE FLOOR AT THE BEGINNING OF THE VIDEO.

Rebecca Sugar, you're a boss!
This is why Steven Universe, Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Gumball are the only good shows left.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I wasn't serious. I've never faced him so I can't tell if he truly is a level 1 CPU. (But against someone who knows how Link (or more specifically, your Link) operates, 0->deaths will not occur.)
Ok listen, I was not sure what I was doing, nor was I expecting a custom moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom