• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Funny thing you're talking about food when I started reading Shokugeki no Soma (a shounen manga about cooking).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know if this was mentioned today, I didn't really feel like playing catch-up with this thread. But the Captain Falcon, Samus, Fox and Kirby Amiibos will work for Mario Kart 8. So maybe there's a chance they will be playable. Though I don't know for sure.

Soul.

I don't know if this was mentioned today, I didn't really feel like playing catch-up with this thread. But the Captain Falcon, Samus, Fox and Kirby Amiibos will work for Mario Kart 8. So maybe there's a chance they will be playable. Though I don't know for sure.
They are just used for Mii outfits.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Amiibo support update for Mario Kart 8 will be released November 13. Hopefully the first batch of Mario Kart DLC (which is scheduled "November") is also that day.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They are just used for Mii outfits.
That was confirmed already? Well, that's okay. Though I was hoping for something a little cooler.

The Amiibo support update for Mario Kart 8 will be released November 13. Hopefully the first batch of Mario Kart DLC (which is scheduled "November") is also that day.
I imagine that being the case.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
My mind works in mysterious ways mere mortals can't even begin to understand. :troll:

(Don't mind me. I'm just being my insane self...)

However, I do have a point: most people don't care about sound quality that much. You're quite pickier than the mere mortal.
Well, I did wanted to reply to this, but i didn't have time.

The reason it concerns me so much is that listening to an mp3 is clearly not the way the original composer intended. In game, well, that's fine (but rare exceptions exists like the music on ssb43ds...the files itself were equalised to work more on the speaker and I noticed there was something wrong comparing to some high quality videos I've heard and btw, the latest direct proved me even more that there was modification in the files).

Though, normally, almost no one should notice any difference in lossless, even for myself I need the wav near me.

Lossy however, I would be very surprised that it can't be noticed. In fact, this is so significant that I'm sure I would notice something on speakers. My pc speakers is already bad so, not doing it (plus, I'm so picky in quality that i bough a 150$ BOSE headphones...I care that much because the sounds is so mervelous :) ).

But I have to agree on one point, yes I'm VERY picky.

The reason for it is very simple: I pay in my life A LOT MORE attention to anything audio comparing to visuals. I have severe sight issues and just to give you an idea, I currently wear glasses that magnifies near ovject with my pc quite near my eyes. I need and I'm not jpking to use this site at 200$ of display and even worse, I don't even have an appropriate sight to get a drive permit! It's a really bad eyessight...

But I learned that my brain got used by having very close attention to sounds. That is why I'm going very emotional on vgm in games like menu 1 because those type of music are even more engraved in my head than most people.

This is why in games I tend to reference more the audio quality than the visuals, but here's a funny fact: Paper Mario is a very rare exception.

This will interest you, but the major reason that TTYD was marking for me in design that much is because of 2.5D. It's a design where you have 2D objects in 3D environment even though technically, everything is 3D, just made to not look like it. This means that it helps a lot my severe perspective difficulty because there's no depth in the characters and object. Only the environment in which I btw can get enough depth. Plus, the colors of the games are very bright with minimal gradients and unified which is perfectly suited for my sight difficulties.

The only other game that came that close to those tastes outside of this series is wind waker, but this one had depth. I however loved the bright green being heavy present.

So, you know why I still love to post images of the game and music too, but it's very rare that I can detail more on the visuals than the audio. Heck I could write a page on we believe in you mario, but not as much on Rogueport design even though it would be more detailed than usual comparing to other games visuals.

This also explains why I like to main G&W.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
How dare you guys talk about Raccoons without me. :evil:

Anyway, for me to see the nintendo direct, I will have to sprint to my house. >.>

Hoping for Splatoon and Rainbow Curse mostly.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
How dare you guys talk about Raccoons without me. :evil:

Anyway, for me to see the nintendo direct, I will have to sprint to my house. >.>

Hoping for Splatoon and Rainbow Curse mostly.
It's okay. You are a raccoon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My mother was feeding raccoons in her back yard and they ended up deciding to live under the house and tore the underside of it up

She had to call pest control

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
My mother was feeding raccoons in her back yard and they ended up deciding to live under the house and tore the underside of it up

She had to call pest control
You seem to know a lot about raccoons and badgers...

are you a raccoon and/or badger yourself?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Funny thing you're talking about food when I started reading Shokugeki no Soma (a shounen manga about cooking).
You just started reading Soma? Sweet, I can already tell that the food made you hungry and the foodgasms made you laugh. I can already tell that most of the cast will grow on you soon as you see each new character.

Speaking of foodgasms, I had imagined myself in a golden shower of hot cheese when enjoying the Gorilla Cheese Fries in Lincoln Park Zoo. This is the result of reading too much Shokugeki no Soma.

As for new manga, I'm getting into a sumo wrestling one (Hinomaru Zum) and a superhero one (Boku no Hero Academia). Both series had been running in Weekly Shonen Jump this year and doing splendid in the TOC up to this day.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Woah woah woah, it was?!
Believe it or not, it is (I believe it was during a battle with the grunts in Jubilife).
And on top of that, the translators also hid quite a few references to Something Awful.

Edit: I might have gotten the town wrong, but here's an image proving it exists...

It's the best I could find.

Last edited:

Soul.

Maybe if they were the actual characters (Link and Villager-style) instead of Mii outfits, MK8 would be nicknamed ''Nintendo Kart''. :troll:
And expect to see people complain because it's not Mario Kart anymore.

That was confirmed already? Well, that's okay. Though I was hoping for something a little cooler.
Yeah, they're just Mii outfits. I can see them being playable at some point, though.

D

Deleted member

Snake definitely left his mark as the first non-Nintendo character in the Smash Bros. series.

That being said, 3rd Party DLC is something I just don't see. If Snake was to come back, Sakurai and Konami/Kojima would have already done the legal mumbo jumbo and he'd be in the main game, no?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Snake definitely left his mark as the first non-Nintendo character in the Smash Bros. series.

That being said, 3rd Party DLC is something I just don't see. If Snake was to come back, Sakurai and Konami/Kojima would have already done the legal mumbo jumbo and he'd be in the main game, no?
I feel similarly. I don't expect him, but I do want him.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah, they're just Mii outfits. I can see them being playable at some point, though.
What outfit does Kirby give a Mii? Like, Samus, Falcon, and Fox, okay, sure. But Kirby? The Mii would just be all pink.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yet you detest Sonic and Rayman...
You're odd.
People have different tastes! What a scandal!

You just started reading Soma? Sweet, I can already tell that the food made you hungry and the foodgasms made you laugh. I can already tell that most of the cast will grow on you soon as you see each new character.

Speaking of foodgasms, I had imagined myself in a golden shower of hot cheese when enjoying the Gorilla Cheese Fries in Lincoln Park Zoo. This is the result of reading too much Shokugeki no Soma.

As for new manga, I'm getting into a sumo wrestling one (Hinomaru Zum) and a superhero one (Boku no Hero Academia). Both series had been running in Weekly Shonen Jump this year and doing splendid in the TOC up to this day.
Soma is the 4th Shounen Jump manga I'm reading (after Assassination Classroom, Blue Exorcist and Shaman King).

Read 5 chapters, I'm liking it so far. The foodgasm scenes are so over-the-top, it gets funny. :p

(I really need to track all the manga/anime I've read/watched so far. It's getting difficult to list things by memory...)

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I just discovered there's an anime by SEGA which stars their consoles as high school girls called Hi-sCoool! SeHa Girl. No, really.

Those are the consoles:

The lovechild of Miku and Ulala is the Dreamcast, black haired Miku is the Saturn, Cynthia is the Mega Drive, humanized not blue skinned emo Rainbow Dash is the Game Gear, finally Miku's daughter with Sephiroth is the Master System.

Last edited:

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
Believe it or not, it is (I believe it was during a battle with the grunts in Jubilife).
And on top of that, the translators also hid quite a few references to Something Awful.

Edit: I might have gotten the town wrong, but here's an image proving it exists...

It's the best I could find.
OMG that's the best thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
That's nothing new, though. People always find things to complain about.
It's the balance of order.

For every positive, there's a negative.

For justice to exist, anarchy must too.

Yin coexists with the Yang.

Et cetera.

D

Deleted member

I just noticed; there's a "True Blue Warrior" and an "Azure Warrior" here.
...what the Hell?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom