• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Yet, KIU had sexual jokes, even though they were mild.

You have freaking Tharja from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

They're publishing and marketing Bayonetta 2 of all things.

Truly, Nintendo wouldn't make sex jokes, right?

(Also, did you know that Nintendo collaborated with Playboy to advertise Bayonetta 2?)
Nintendo, Playboy and Bayonetta 2 together? That doesn't sou...

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-and-playboy-team-up-to-promote-bayonetta-2#.VFlIlfmsXW4

D

Deleted member

Oh. That makes a lot more sense.
What about Jill though? Why is she DLC? And by the same token, why Shuma-Gorath still on the disc unfinished?
Not sure why Jill specifically was DLC, but there was equality going on; since Marvel would get a DLC character, Capcom would get one as well.
Again, why Jill is something I can't answer. Supposedly "rival" characters were tied to a theme, and so Jill, from a survival horror game about freaks of nature was tied to Shuma-Gorath, a freak of nature. Also tentacles. *shrug*

As for why Shuma was unfinished, I believe Shuma was the more complete of the two. Why he was on-disk near completed, I have no clue.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Not sure why Jill specifically was DLC, but there was equality going on; since Marvel would get a DLC character, Capcom would get one as well.
Again, why Jill is something I can't answer. Supposedly "rival" characters were tied to a theme, and so Jill, from a survival horror game about freaks of nature was tied to Shuma-Gorath, a freak of nature. Also tentacles. *shrug*

As for why Shuma was unfinished, I believe Shuma was the more complete of the two. Why he was on-disk near completed, I have no clue.
My guess is Marvel wanted both sides to have equal amount of characters, and Capcom decided to take focus off of one of theyr planned characters, this being Jill (because I guess she was the lowest priority), so they could have them both as DLC.

As for being finished, guess he was nearly finished but at that point Marvel said nooo so they decided to put what they had on the disc to lower DLC weight in the future, and focus on other characters for the time being.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Who is Rocket Raccoon?
Some guy.
He apparently is a Rocket, and he hits people with dead raccoon.
And not team rocket, like an actual living rocket.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rocket Raccoon being in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 actually was part of the reason I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy.
Rocket Raccoon was the only thing I knew about the GotG before seeing the movie. And Groot by association (why isn't Groot in any of Rocket Raccoon's Hyper Combos?).

And yet it was the best Marvel movie IMO.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That makes a bit more sense. Jill was made into a DLC character because either they couldn't finish her in time, or to keep Marvel and Capcom's character roster completely equal.

Still wish they'd kept some form of MvC2 Jill. I hate Resident Evil 5's version of her so, so much.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Subject: 89P13
Name: Rocket

Criminal Record: 13 counts of Theft, 14 Counts of Excape from Incarceration, 7 Counts of Mercenary Activity, 15 counts of Arson.

Know Associates: Groot, Lylla
Misread that as Groose and Hylia.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Name: Rocket

Criminal Record: 13 counts of Theft, 14 Counts of Escape from Incarceration, 7 Counts of Mercenary Activity, 15 counts of Arson.

Know Associates: Groot, Lylla
And Role: The token shorty :cool:

D

Deleted member

My guess is Marvel wanted both sides to have equal amount of characters, and Capcom decided to take focus off of one of theyr planned characters, this being Jill (because I guess she was the lowest priority), so they could have them both as DLC.
I honestly think that Jill would not have been included if Shuma wasn't.
It seems to me that Jill was an afterthought when Capcom needed to add another character of theirs to go with Shuma.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Lol I was having internet problems and trying to fix it, went to use the bathroom, and when I came back it was normal again. Wtf.

Also chugga video in 5 minutes
Funny story, when I mentioned in class that I mash F5 to refresh, no one understood. Kids these days, they don't know...they missed out. It waz a gud show!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Lol I was having internet problems and trying to fix it, went to use the bathroom, and when I came back it was normal again. Wtf.

Also chugga video in 5 minutes
Congratulations! I knew you could do it!
You know... it!

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Which one of these should I get?

• An Infinity Stone replica
  • A movie poster w/Rocket
  • Rocket cutout
  • Star Lord Mask
  • Awesome Mix Vol. 1 w/ Headphones and Cassette Player

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Which one of these should I get?

• An Infinity Stone replica
  • A movie poster w/Rocket
  • Rocket cutout
  • Star Lord Mask
  • Awesome Mix Vol. 1 w/ Headphones and Cassette Player
The 6th one.

• A pet raccoon with sunglasses and a rocket launcher.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Rocket Raccoon was the only thing I knew about the GotG before seeing the movie. And Groot by association (why isn't Groot in any of Rocket Raccoon's Hyper Combos?).
And yet it was the best Marvel movie IMO.
Same. I mean, seriously, he is a Raccoon with giant laser guns and an accent. That is pretty cool.
I saw the first teaser for GotG and was immediately like "MUST SEE CUZ ROCKET"

And it ended up being one of my favorite movies ever.

D

Deleted member

That makes a bit more sense. Jill was made into a DLC character because either they couldn't finish her in time, or to keep Marvel and Capcom's character roster completely equal.

Still wish they'd kept some form of MvC2 Jill. I hate Resident Evil 5's version of her so, so much.
I think Frank West had something to do with the moveset rehaul.

D

Deleted member

If you can house train it, I don't see why not.

It might have to be a baby raccoon, so it hasn't already grown into it's primal habits. Raise it domesticated like a dog, you know?
Raccoons, even when raised as infants, are very destructive in a household.

Can they be pets? Yes. But it's quite costly in house repairs.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think Frank West had something to do with the moveset rehaul.
Like, think due to actual evidence, or just based on the similarities of their movesets?
Either way, I see your point. Frank West does sort of have the same gimmick of "summoning" zombies.
Though Frank seems to be doing it on accident, Jill is voluntarily summoning things that she is assigned to kill.

Kind of like Duck Hunt, actually.

kylexv

Smash Master
Hey guys, I must do homework so I'll get this fast; those are the Amiibos that are officially going to be compatible with Mario Kart 8:
  • :4mario:
  • :4luigi:
  • :4bowser:
  • :4peach:
  • :4falcon:
  • :4samus:
  • :4link:
  • :4kirby:
  • :4fox:
Forgot :4yoshi: and :4dk: (They're already in the game)
Also there is no Bowser amiibo announced yet.

Nintendo, Y U No :4pikachu:? He's the only one of the Original 8 that's not compatible.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
So I started a Mario World LP with @exaggeratedhonesty

If you guys could give support that would be awesome.

Also, Nintendo is still a *** when it comes to youtube. Like really, Nintendo is just pissing everyone off. stap plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom