• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Remember your frame data!

Girl = Krystal
Man in Suit = Sakurai
Blue Area = Nintendo Direct
"Krystal": DDDDDDDDDDDDDLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCC!
"Sakurai": Wait your turn!
"Krystal": Perhaps I'll get my chance, another day....

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
More because it's day 1 DLC and that's usually Taboo.
And for good reason I would say.
If the day 1 dlc is good quality who cares? What if while they're doing the final tweaks they have enough time to build a dlc character? I wouldn't be opposed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If the day 1 dlc is good quality who cares? What if while they're doing the final tweaks they have enough time to build a dlc character? I wouldn't be opposed.
If it's free, most would be fine with it.
But the thing is it usually isn't. In most cases it's locked on-disc content (which is already a prickly subject) and you're paying for content that you should, by all means, have already.
Tabuu confirmed for Day 1 DLC.
Tabuu confirmed for day 1 DLC for every game ever.
These guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
But the thing is it usually isn't. In most cases it's locked on-disc content (which is already a prickly subject) and you're paying for content that you should, by all means, have already.

These guys.
Nintendo has never done on disk dlc.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

These guys.

That's me!
(Not really though.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo has never done on disk dlc.
True, they never have, but even if it's not on-disc content it easily could have been in the final product to begin with, instead of being withheld from consumers for more scratch.
I don't think that there'll be day 1 DLC for Smash anyway, but I'm just voicing my stance on the idea of day 1 DLC and why it's more bad than good.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
True, they never have, but even if it's not on-disc content it easily could have been in the final product to begin with, instead of being withheld from consumers for more scratch.
I don't think that there'll be day 1 DLC for Smash anyway, but I'm just voicing my stance on the idea of day 1 DLC and why it's more bad than good.
I don't think Nintendo will pull a Capcom. Were you aware of the locked disc content fiasco on Street Fighter x Tekken?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hey more content is more content.

D

Deleted member

I don't think Nintendo will pull a Capcom. Were you aware of the locked disc content fiasco on Street Fighter x Tekken?
Eugh, don't remind me.
I don't think Nintendo will pull something like that, but as I said, I'm more or less stating my opinion on day 1 DLC.
Hey more content is more content.
Content that could've been in the final game right from the get-go, instead of being locked behind a paywall. See what I'm saying here?

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Eugh, don't remind me.
I don't think Nintendo will pull something like that, but as I said, I'm more or less stating my opinion on day 1 DLC.

Content that could've been in the final game right from the get-go, instead of being locked behind a paywall. See what I'm saying here?
Nope. :3

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Street Fighter x Tekken had DLC announced.
People hacked the game.
All of said DLC was already in the game.
The DLC was just a script that unlocked said content, yet was paid.
Rage ensued.
Wow, that's greedy.

Anybody wanna talk about your favorite NES games? Preferably made by Nintendo?

Mine is the original Zelda, and I am an advocate of the infamous Ice Climber.
Wild Gunman.
Or Adventure Island. I always thought that game was Mario, it was only a year ago or so I found out it wasn't.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Street Fighter x Tekken had DLC announced.
People hacked the game.
All of said DLC was already in the game.
The DLC was just a script that unlocked said content, yet was paid.
Rage ensued.
They also did this in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 with Jill Valentine and Shuma-Gorath if I remember correctly.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Please elaborate.
Basically.
  • On the advent of SF x TK's release, Capcom promised that Character DLC would be 'on the way.' Not free DLC, of course.
  • People hacked the CD ROM to see if there was any hidden details in the game.
  • Turns out there was 12 hidden characters on the disc, locked away, that were fully playable.
  • People were pissed, for Capcom had lied to their fans and audience, and still priced the DLC in the end.
  • Riot.
I can't remember if they tried to apologise for this in any way, but yeh. This was probably a major backlash against Capcom that have put them in their current financial state.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Anybody wanna talk about your favorite NES games? Preferably made by Nintendo?

Mine is the original Zelda, and I am an advocate of the infamous Ice Climber.
Preferably my Ninty? Super Mario Bros. Classic. Also fan of Duck Hunt and Wild Gunman. Most of my NES favorites are third party though, and there are even few games that arent great that I still love like Werewolf: The Last Warrior. Not the worst game even but very flawed, and boy do I love it.

Staarih

Smash Master
I just ended up (re)watching some of the cutscenes from Subspace Emissary in Brawl and man, while I wasn't a fan of the mode itself, the cutscenes are so cool and the characters have so much interaction between each other. If only we could see something similar with the cast we have now... though I guess something similar was sort of touched upon with the newcomer trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom