• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't even speaking regarding Krystal's chances, just that saying we don't need her because we have a single staff wielder is kind of facepalm worthy considering that never stopped us getting sword-wielder numbers two through nine.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I've beaten Ocarina of Time at least 3 times.

Ganondorf is the best character there, being the villain and all. :4ganondorf:

Can we all agree that Krystal won't just happen? If there's a Star Fox character happening, it's Wolf, who's more important and more popular than Krystal and was in Brawl as well.
Not to mention Krystal hasn't been in a game since Brawl.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not to mention Krystal hasn't been in a game since Brawl.
And back in Brawl, Sakurai chose Wolf over Krystal as the 3rd Star Fox character.

If custom moves tell me something, is that Wolf and Lucas were worked on for this game, but they realized there wouldn't be enough time to bring them back. Now that DLC is a thing, they can finish what they started.

If Brawl had DLC back then, I'm pretty sure Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda (and Toon Sheik?), Roy and whatever "pra_mai" was supposed to be would have been the DLC characters.

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
If custom moves tell me something, is that Wolf and Lucas were worked on for this game, but they realized there wouldn't be enough time to bring them back. Now that DLC is a thing, they can finish what they started.
Or that Sakurai never intended to include them this time now that he knew he could relegate their specials to custom moves.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Or that Sakurai never intended to include them this time now that he knew he could relegate their specials to custom moves.
I highly doubt Sakurai would ignore the entire differences Lucas and Wolf have from Ness and Fox.

Special moves aren't everything on a character's moveset.

In fact, only ONE of Wolf's special moves is in the game: Wolf Flash.

Given Sakurai statements on how he wanted to bring everyone back but didn't have enough time to do so, I highly suspect said custom specials are remnants of early work put into Lucas and Wolf before they went to the chopping block.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Putting specials in other custom moves still doesn't bring back their other moves and properties. Ness' versions of Lucas' moves still feel a lot different even if there are some similarities.

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
What's with all the Krystal talk? Anybody expecting smash news from the direct besides DHD is crazy. WE GOT MEWTWO A WEEK AGO.

I say instead let's get hyped about xenoblade and splatoon gameplay! Who's with me?

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
What's with all the Krystal talk? Anybody expecting smash news from the direct besides DHD is crazy. WE GOT MEWTWO A WEEK AGO.

I say instead let's get hyped about xenoblade and splatoon gameplay! Who's with me?
Well, everyone said "dont expect new characters" before 50 Facts Extravaganza, and look what happened.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I highly doubt Sakurai would ignore the entire differences Lucas and Wolf have from Ness and Fox.

Special moves aren't everything on a character's moveset.

In fact, only ONE of Wolf's special moves is in the game: Wolf Flash.
Yeah it's possible. Even probable. But it's not like we know anything for sure.

Given Sakurai statements on how he wanted to bring everyone back but didn't have enough time to do so, I highly suspect said custom specials are remnants of early work put into Lucas and Wolf before they went to the chopping block.
Sakurai says a lot of things. If Sakurai intended to bring Snake back, Snake would've been back.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A Nintendo Direct tomorrow (and at a time I can watch it live)?

My predictions:

60% of the Direct all about the Amiibo
Hyrule Warriors' Twilight Princess DLC
N64 Virtual Console
"Games for the holidays"
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
I have doubts for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U content but at least :4duckhunt:trailer

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah it's possible. Even probable. But it's not like we know anything for sure.
We don't know, but logic and rationality exist.

Sakurai says a lot of things. If Sakurai intended to bring Snake back, Snake would've been back.
Anything regarding game development is much easier said than done.

There are lots of things outside of Sakurai's control, contrary to what many people think, which is even more true regarding third party characters like Snake.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
A Nintendo Direct tomorrow (and at a time I can watch it live)?

My predictions:

60% of the Direct all about the Amiibo
Hyrule Warriors' Twilight Princess DLC
N64 Virtual Console
"Games for the holidays"
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
On top of that, Mario Kart 8 DLC is bound to come up.

Maybe they'll start to reveal the NDS Virtual Console games like they planned. Which I still think is bizarre when we can still play them on the 3DS...

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Everybody that says there will be more smash news besides :4duckhunt: is in denial. It's SO obvious.
Thats exactly what was said, but in the end we didnt even get the DHD trailer XD

Im not saying stuff will be shown though. I already stated that its too soon for more DLC news. But you never know with Nintendo...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well, everyone said "dont expect new characters" before 50 Facts Extravaganza, and look what happened.
Well, it was a Smash Direct, so I thought there was a chance DLC could be announced and hoped it would be Mewtwo if that were the case. This has less of a chance since it's a general Nintendo Direct, but I'm expecting at least Duck Hunt so that the last two characters can be put on the website.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I predict everyone is going to talk about a character who's chances are lower than 0% next.
But who...?
Edit: and why?
Lower than 0%...
Primid.
Primid for Smash Bros!
(Primid was one of the few characters I considered during my short time in speculation)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
What? There's a Nintendo Direct!?

Yeeah, as usual, here's hoping for some SMT x FE news. Not gonna have high expectations though

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
We don't know, but logic and rationality exist.
They don't usually go hand in hand with making assumptions predicated on an absence of complete info though.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but even with as much logic and rationality as is capable of being mustered, unless you know the complete story, which none of us do, there's always a chance you'll be wrong when you make definitive assumptions.

Anything regarding game development is much easier said than done.

There are lots of things outside of Sakurai's control, contrary to what many people think, which is even more true regarding third party characters like Snake.
If you want to assume there were third party complications I can just as easily assume that Sakurai didn't bother attempting to bring Snake back and we'd have and equal amount of proof; none. As far as precedent goes, however, there's no reason to think the two companies wouldn't still be open to collaboration, but obviously we're not privy to the actual details.

What we do know is that what Sakurai says and what Sakurai does are not always parallel, contrary to what people think. You've got to take what he says with a grain of salt.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
How crazy would it be if it STILL wasnt the DHD trailer, but instead a Mewtwo trailer with early gameplay.
Get some high definition reference pose Mewtwo gameplay all up in this party!

D

Deleted member

Given Sakurai statements on how he wanted to bring everyone back but didn't have enough time to do so,
Going to play Devil's Advocate here and say that he never said that.
What he had said was two different things:
-There is not enough time to recreate every character that had been in Smash thus far.
-The development team is trying to put as many characters in the game as possible (both old and new).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom