• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Soo, hey everybody. There was something I was thinking about and I want to hear what everybody has to say. Back before smash 4 was out, why did anybody want Chrom in the game? Granted, I've never played fire emblem, in fact smash hype is how I learned about him, but he seems so bland. Why did no one want Robin? Isn't he the main character, the one you play as? He is a unique character with his magic, Chrom is just a Marth knock off.
Both Chrom and Robin are main characters, as the story focuses mostly on them.

Chrom fills the traditional role of the Lord archetype. This archetype is usually a royal figure and, more importantly, the leader of the army the player controls. Marth and Ike filled this role in their games, which is one of the reasons why I didn't really want Chrom in this game.

Robin is the player character that can be customized to an extent (gender, name, physical appearance and voice). The story also revolves around him as he becomes the tactician of Chrom's army and aids him in the story. He's also the main viewpoint character, as in, the story is told mostly from his perspective.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I predict everyone is going to talk about a character who's chances are lower than 0% next.
But who...?
Edit: and why?

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Sakurai's least favourite franchise? Definitely Pokemon. Out of 718 choices we only get 6? And one is DLC? That's hatred right there.:249:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I've been considering getting something GotG related and this is what I could find.

• Infinity Stone replica
  • Awesome Mix Vol. 1 Replica
  • Star Lord Mask
  • A poster
I really wanna get one before Christmas

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
What good reason?
The only valid reason I can understand not wanting Krystal is because it will mean too many Starfox characters.

But I know that isn't really the case.
Or because she's a boring character.
Or because the majority of her fanbase sucks.
Or because all the games she has been in sold terrible.
Or because she's the only one with no role in Team Starfox.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Or because she's a boring character.
Or because the majority of her fanbase sucks.
It's not the character's fault the games sold poorly. Metroid sold poorly in Japan and Samus made it in. Wario has no major roles in the main Mario games. Wii Fit trainer is a boring character and yet…
Sonic's fanbase is the worst and yet...

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I highly doubt that Sakurai would think of this as an excuse, otherwise Sakurai would've flat out left Wonderful 101 without any kind of representation in Wii U, and Sonic would've been flat out ignored for Brawl.
No role sure is a funny way to say backup support, and even so, that can and probably will change.
Besides, compared to how important Krystal was in StarFox Adventures, this is just flat out crap. Fox saw her potential as backup support all along.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wolf is still a better Star Fox character.

Hell, even Slippy and Peppy would be better choices than Krystal.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
No role sure is a funny way to say backup support, and even so, that can and probably will change.
Besides, compared to how important Krystal was in StarFox Adventures, this is just flat out crap. Fox saw her potential as backup support all along.
Fox: Leader
Falco: Ace pilot
Slippy: Technician
Peppy: Veteran
R.O.B.: Pilot of the Great Fox
Krystal: ?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
The joke is that everyone thought Rosaluma would be an "Obvious Clone" of Peach.
I didn't, Peach and Daisy clones maybe, but I've actually 100% completed Super Mario Galaxy before,
Krystal could be a clone as well.
No, she has that staff, which would make a perfect unique moveset potential.
Fox: Leader
Falco: Ace pilot
Slippy: Technician
Peppy: Veteran
R.O.B.: Pilot of the Great Fox
Krystal: Backup Support
She's backup support, Fox wouldn't just let her in for no reason

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So to be off-topic for a sec. I finally got to the Demons' Market in Okamiden.
Granted it took me a long while with all the sidetracking and getting lost, but I made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom