• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Two can play, Frosty. It's not just the new game they're promoting, it's the Year of StarFox as well. They're gonna need serious advertising, so there's no reason to believe that one is plenty.
There are other (and better) kinds of promotions other than adding two characters in Smash:
- Mass marketing
- Make an anime adaptation
- Merchandise
- Pre-order specials

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So I've been recently playing more as Pkachu, R.O.B., G&W and Wario. I must say, they all feel really good to play as.
As far as my win records go, my best characters are Shulk, Lucina, and Dr. Mario.
Here's some "Music" (If you can even call it that...)
Oh that...I wonder how they made this one.

Because I know that the wind waker weird sfx of the blobs were a JP argument reversed and speed up.

Wonder what was that argument btw...but the spm one, I'm even more curious because it's sounds so much creepy...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
While I know for a fact that telling what I said already convinced some...

but why are you even claiming I'm borderline even if I have a good hearing while you admit to have hearing disabilities?

That is really my question...
My mind works in mysterious ways mere mortals can't even begin to understand. :troll:

(Don't mind me. I'm just being my insane self...)

However, I do have a point: most people don't care about sound quality that much. You're quite pickier than the mere mortal.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
There are other (and better) kinds of promotions other than adding two characters in Smash:
- Mass marketing
- Make an anime adaptation
- Merchandise
- Pre-order specials
That still doesn't make it right to ignore it. Think about how you would feel if you were making the next Zelda game and Sakurai gave you absolutely nothing, and gave your least favorite Nintendo franchise two DLC characters.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
That still doesn't make it right to ignore it. Think about how you would feel if you were making the next Zelda game and Sakurai gave you absolutely nothing, and gave your least favorite Nintendo franchise two DLC characters.
I don't see how that last part ties in to Krystal for DLC...

D

Deleted member

I don't think professional game designers really care if Sakurai didn't "give them anything." They have much bigger concerns than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I don't see how that last part ties in to Krystal for DLC...
The thing is, we're saying Frosty needs advertising for the Zelda game he's working on, and Sakurai gives his least favorite Nintnedo franchise two DLC characters and Zelda none at all.
I don't think professional game designers really care if Sakurai didn't "give them anything."
i know that third party companies wouldn't

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The thing is, we're saying Frosty needs advertising for the Zelda game he's working on, and Sakurai gives his least favorite Nintnedo franchise two DLC characters and Zelda none at all.

Again, I don't see what you're trying to say here, so what? How does that tie into you wanting Krystal for DLC?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Life happens and life is a *****. You can't get what you want at all times.

Unlike many other people, I accept the harsh reality I live in.

Developers aren't really concerned about what characters are in Smash. That's Sakurai's business.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Life happens and life is a *****. You can't get what you want at all times.
Unlike many other people, I accept the harsh reality I live in.
Developers aren't really concerned about what characters are in Smash. That's Sakurai's business.
Really? That's what this is turning into? A lecture on the cruelty of life?
You could always just ignore him you know.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hey, check out my new avatar and signature ! Both made by @O D I N . They are just excellent.
Meanwhile, Shulk is really feeling it :

Lil'Mac can now sue McDonalds :

And Luigi's Adventure confirmed :

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Live and WAAAA
Luigi : "I've-a-found you, faker !"
Waluigi : "Wa ? Faker ? WA ! I think you're the only faker to Waluigi here !"
Luigi : "I'll-a-make you eat those words !"
Waluigi : "TOO BAD ! WALUIGI TIME !"

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Take Sheriff Woody to the cargo hold.

...I might be away for a few years... Toy Story 4: Return of the Lightyear confirmed

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Krystal being announced tomorrow? Yeah right. Even the Crystal game with :245: On the front cover has more chance of being announced tomorrow. Pokemon Crystal remake hype!:denzel:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Take Sheriff Woody to the cargo hold.

...I might be away for a few years... Toy Story 4: Return of the Lightyear confirmed
Okay. Do you want a bag of pretzels before you leave? Maybe a glass of guava juice?

Last edited:

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
Soo, hey everybody. There was something I was thinking about and I want to hear what everybody has to say. Back before smash 4 was out, why did anybody want Chrom in the game? Granted, I've never played fire emblem, in fact smash hype is how I learned about him, but he seems so bland. Why did no one want Robin? Isn't he the main character, the one you play as? He is a unique character with his magic, Chrom is just a Marth knock off.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Soo, hey everybody. There was something I was thinking about and I want to hear what everybody has to say. Back before smash 4 was out, why did anybody want Chrom in the game? Granted, I've never played fire emblem, in fact smash hype is how I learned about him, but he seems so bland. Why did no one want Robin? Isn't he the main character, the one you play as? He is a unique character with his magic, Chrom is just a Marth knock off.
Well, Chrom was the most recent main "Lord" in Fire Emblem, and since Melee the most recent Lord was also included as a character. Chrom was also very popular within the Fire Emblem fanbase, so a lot of requests probably came from them. However, in the Smash fanbase, people were a lot more divided over who should be chosen. Eventually Robin was almost unanimously regarded as the best choice for a new Fire Emblem Awakening character due to his use of swords and magic, but because Chrom was so popular and also the main protagonist (debatable) of Fire Emblem Awakening, they considered him an inevitability.

It's fun to be the minority sometimes. :cool:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I've heard it described as Awakening is "Chrom's story through Robin's eyes". That makes me think it's a Great Gatsby complex.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

How do you even know if Sakurai's least favorite franchise is Star Fox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom