• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just used Link and 0 to death'd someone. I feel goooooooooooooooooood
Yes @Kermit the Ninja silver arrows.
I can hardly wait for the day I can reflect those stupid silver arrows with ease. :4darkpit:

Just watching you despair as you fall by your own dirty tactics will be most pleasant. :4ganondorf:

I wouldn't mind seeing Impa in Smash, and no, I don't make jokes about old ladies when no one's around.
More like cow chucking fat ladies.

Unique fighter? Check.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can hardly wait for the day I can reflect those stupid silver arrows with ease. :4darkpit:

Just watching you despair as you fall by your own dirty tactics will be most pleasant.
You and me both. :4rob::4ness:

to be fair though, if he's using silver arrows in 1v1, then he's putting himself at a disadvantage

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Congratulations beating the level 1 CPU!
It was superyoshi who will remain untagged for his sakes.

Just watching you despair as you fall by your own dirty tactics will be most pleasant. :4ganondorf:

More like cow chucking fat ladies.

Unique fighter? Check.
It burns when someone mentions that Impa. Get in the reflecting/salt line :p

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Let us place our bets, gentlemen!

Will Krystal be revealed as DLC for Smash 4 in the upcoming Nintendo Direct?

The losers get pranked (and humiliated in this very thread).
I'm taking the bet! I don't think she'll become DLC at all!

Any good Pokemon fan game recommendations. Im playing pokemon zeta right now
Play Pokemon Snakewood

Joking, don't ever torture yourself with that hack.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I don't know, I wanted :4robinm:, :4darkpit: and :150: the most in Smash 4 and look what happened.

I never noticed **** regarding compression, unless it was really bad compression.

Do you have some sort of abnormal hearing capabilities or something?

You can always use lossless compression to save memory, because damn, Wave sound files are absurdly huge.
That just means it works backwards for you.
I never really speculated/detracted that any character would/wouldn't be in Smash, but whenever I said that I personally didn't think a character wouldn't get in, they got in. That's how it works for me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Everyone betting so far has stated Krystal will not be shown in the upcoming Direct...

Will the majority bet on the truth? Or will there be a massive prank storm and mass humiliation?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Everyone betting so far has stated Krystal will not be shown in the upcoming Direct...

Will the majority bet on the truth? Or will there be a massive prank storm and mass humiliation?
To be fair, she doesn't have to be revealed that soon to get her in, so I'm gonna bet "No, not yet anyway."

But knowing my antics, I'd probably get pranked anyway whether I'm right and she doesn't appear that early or if I'm wrong and she does get revealed.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

What will happen to you if Krystal doesn't get announced?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
She doesn't have to be revealed at all. :troll:
You're completely ignoring the Year of StarFox, StarFox Revival, and the new StarFox game for Wii U, aren't you? That's really too much to ignore, which is laughable.
Not so sure on Krystal's DLC reveal for Smash 4 in the upcoming Direct now, are you? :smirk:
Yoshi wasn't revealed as a tie in to YOSHI'S New Island, so she doesn't have to be revealed tomorrow to be in the game as DLC.
What will happen to you if Krystal doesn't get announced?
i don't think you can prank a moderator

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You're completely ignoring the Year of StarFox, StarFox Revival, and the new StarFox game for Wii U, aren't you?
I'm taking that into account. I'm also taking into account the popular cut veteran character, and the possibility that Krystal doesn't appear in the new game.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I wasn't serious. I've never faced him so I can't tell if he truly is a level 1 CPU. (But against someone who knows how Link (or more specifically, your Link) operates, 0->deaths will not occur.)
We know lol, o rly though? Bring that G&W or Wario and we'll see. I don't think I've 1v1ed you yet. Just those salt hills called free-for-alls.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You're completely ignoring the Year of StarFox, StarFox Revival, and the new StarFox game for Wii U, aren't you? That's really too much to ignore, which is laughable.
I'm not ignoring any of that when I say Wolf will be the one to take you down to promote the new game.

i don't think you can prank a moderator
Indeed, I am immune to such silly pranking shenanigans.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't know, I wanted :4robinm:, :4darkpit: and :150: the most in Smash 4 and look what happened.

I never noticed **** regarding compression, unless it was really bad compression.

Do you have some sort of abnormal hearing capabilities or something?

You can always use lossless compression to save memory, because damn, Wave sound files are absurdly huge.
oh, yeah, I tough I made it onvious one...my hearing is VERY good.

like, I can guarantee you that if I picked any wav, tried to convert in mp3, that was WAY too much noticeable and for me, sounds like torture.

You loose A LOT of sounds and if you don't loose them, you hear them in a way that let's say you have 5 sounds playing at the same time, normally, you can ear each of them distincly and in harmony with the stereo effects and the balance in them (or at least that's what a weel made music should do). After you compress lossely, you loose a VERY big amount of balance so much that I can practically tell you it's almost like hearing a single sound containing all 5 of them and while in wav I could crank my volume to 100% and be happy, with lossy compression, you hear SOM MUCH distorsion at that volume that I really want to throw my headphones out of my head...

I did tried flac which is lossless, and I actually respect those. For example, I did bough some ost on itunes which uses ALAC, a lossless codec. I think if there was any losses, it would be practically unoticeable and VERY hard to get.

However, the reasons I keep my wav is because I tried once to use flac and if I was putting the wav and flac side by side, I did notice a very SLIGHT losses, but I had to use the wav file to tell it.

So, if I have the wav or CD, I'm staying to those and if I HAVE to use flac or ALAC, well, it's fine.

And honestly, for ost that are that good, It makes total sense to have big space on disk. I just hate the philosophy of quantity before quality because to be honest, I link youtube videos here ONLY because it's simple. I however hate to do this because even the brstm youtube account has VERY noticeable differences.

In fact, once, I got very mad because I realised that the only reason I didn't like the Paper Mario medley was because the video I used was heavily compressed and no one seemed to care while I got a source quality record from a stream and it was SO MUCH BETTER. I since then loved that music :)

So, I really don't get why so much don't try wav.

In fact, let's do a test:

listen to this:

Pick the highest quality and crank your system volume to 100%.

Now, listen to this .wav file I ripped of the same music:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwVX8KwlAazUWFdRcVBieVlSQTQ/view?usp=sharing

Headphones are VERY reccomended.

If you're telling me you hear no difference, then I don't understand.

Like, there's a reason I hate lossy compression...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
oh, yeah, I tough I made it onvious one...my hearing is VERY good.

like, I can guarantee you that if I picked any wav, tried to convert in mp3, that was WAY too much noticeable and for me, sounds like torture.

You loose A LOT of sounds and if you don't loose them, you hear them in a way that let's say you have 5 sounds playing at the same time, normally, you can ear each of them distincly and in harmony with the stereo effects and the balance in them (or at least that's what a weel made music should do). After you compress lossely, you loose a VERY big amount of balance so much that I can practically tell you it's almost like hearing a single sound containing all 5 of them and while in wav I could crank my volume to 100% and be happy, with lossy compression, you hear SOM MUCH distorsion at that volume that I really want to throw my headphones out of my head...

I did tried flac which is lossless, and I actually respect those. For example, I did bough some ost on itunes which uses ALAC, a lossless codec. I think if there was any losses, it would be practically unoticeable and VERY hard to get.

However, the reasons I keep my wav is because I tried once to use flac and if I was putting the wav and flac side by side, I did notice a very SLIGHT losses, but I had to use the wav file to tell it.

So, if I have the wav or CD, I'm staying to those and if I HAVE to use flac or ALAC, well, it's fine.

And honestly, for ost that are that good, It makes total sense to have big space on disk. I just hate the philosophy of quantity before quality because to be honest, I link youtube videos here ONLY because it's simple. I however hate to do this because even the brstm youtube account has VERY noticeable differences.

In fact, once, I got very mad because I realised that the only reason I didn't like the Paper Mario medley was because the video I used was heavily compressed and no one seemed to care while I got a source quality record from a stream and it was SO MUCH BETTER. I since then loved that music :)

So, I really don't get why so much don't try wav.

In fact, let's do a test:

listen to this:

Pick the highest quality and crank your system volume to 100%.

Now, listen to this .wav file I ripped of the same music:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwVX8KwlAazUWFdRcVBieVlSQTQ/view?usp=sharing

Headphones are VERY reccomended.

If you're telling me you hear no difference, then I don't understand.

Like, there's a reason I hate lossy compression...
Can't do that right now (on class...) and I'm not going through crazy shenanigans of maxing volume on headphones.

I already have hearing disabilities and value my hearing AND mental sanity.

Hearing on a Wave file or on YouTube for me, with speakers on normal volume, is la meme chose.

It's you being very picky, borderline OCD, when it comes to music and audio files.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So I've been recently playing more as Pkachu, R.O.B., G&W and Wario. I must say, they all feel really good to play as.
As far as my win records go, my best characters are Shulk, Lucina, and Dr. Mario.
Here's some "Music" (If you can even call it that...)

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm not ignoring any of that when I say Wolf will be the one to take you down to promote the new game.

Indeed, I am immune to such silly pranking shenanigans.
Two can play, Frosty. It's not just the new game they're promoting, it's the Year of StarFox as well. They're gonna need serious advertising, so there's no reason to believe that one is plenty.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Can't do that right now (on class...) and I'm not going through crazy shenanigans of maxing volume on headphones.

I already have hearing disabilities and value my hearing AND mental sanity.

Hearing on a Wave file or on YouTube for me, with speakers on normal volume, is la meme chose.

It's you being very picky, borderline OCD, when it comes to music and audio files.
While I know for a fact that telling what I said already convinced some...

but why are you even claiming I'm borderline even if I have a good hearing while you admit to have hearing disabilities?

That is really my question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom