• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith and to be fair, I feel the exact same way about most anime. :p
You need to watch the sort of anime where there's blood flying everywhere in action scenes... :troll:

Just kidding.

There are several anime and manga that explore interesting themes, actually.

You can also learn a bit of Japanese culture through manga and anime. (But please don't think Japan is anime-land!!)

An observation: if you like JRPGs for their stories, you'll probably like anime and manga.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Only American cartoons I watch now are Ben 10 Omniverse, Teen Titans Go, Legend of Korra, and Star Wars Rebels. I believe Omniverse is ending soon since it has been showing new episodes everyday at 6AM. Teen Titans Go is a terrible show if you have the mindset of it being a successor to the original Teen Titans cartoon. It's fine as its own thing IMO. Legend of Korra has amazing story telling IMO, and Star Wars Rebels is a fun watch that may or may not be as good as Clone Wars...only 6 episode in so can't say for sure right now.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Been noticing some people are expecting DLC character news for Smash in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct.

Sad that people absolutely love to get thrills from severe disappointments and unrealistic expectations.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Johnny Test is probably one of the worst cartoons I have ever watched.
I could never build up the tolerance for how horribly campy it was.

Hopefully Uncle Grampa gets the axe next.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I thought that was creepy when I first heard of the brony fandom and my stance on it hasn't changed one bit.

It's one of the few things in this world my mind utterly fails to comprehend. And I have witnessed many weird things before.
I'm a guy of 18. Didn't care at all for the franchise until I watched a certain thing called Turnabout Storm on YouTube earlier this year (basically a fan made crossover between Ace Attorney and MLPFIM). I loved it, and it got me into the show as I wanted to see how accurate Turnabout Storm was to the show. After that I watched the first few series in the space of a month or so. Am I suddenly weird for doing that? Maybe, maybe not depends on your opinion and your outlook on the world. Heck in all honesty, I would say that out of all TV shows that I've watched in my life, it probably isn't even in the top 10, but am I a Brony? I look at the guys who collect the merchandise and I'm definitely not the same as them, hell even Chugga who owns dozens of pony figures and makes loads of references to it. I don't think any of us are weird though, but that's just my opinion on the subject, I would say that there are some people who go OTT, but I'm not ashamed at all for watching a show that I enjoyed. :)

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
When Johnny Test started, I thought it was okay.

It eventually degenerated. And when it switched to that horrible flash animation, it was just a vile mass. Not just in animation, but in everything else.

I know I just talked about how 'taste is subjective' on a previous page. But for you guys who actually liked Johnny Test, I can only disagree with you... and pray for your mortal souls.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
You need to watch the sort of anime where there's blood flying everywhere in action scenes... :troll:

Just kidding.

There are several anime and manga that explore interesting themes, actually.

You can also learn a bit of Japanese culture through manga and anime. (But please don't think Japan is anime-land!!)

An observation: if you like JRPGs for their stories, you'll probably like anime and manga.
What was that food one with "POTATO-DONO!"

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
On the Topic of TV Shows;
I despise MLP.
Everyone told me "Just watch it and you'll like it jeez stop being a whiny-face"
I listened.
I watched
TWO
ENTIRE
SEASONS
I didn't like it.
I'm not even sure why
I kinda like the artstyle, jokes are funny, etc...
But I just can't get myself to like it.
My sister made a "Pony" of me, eventhoughshedoesn'tlikeMLP
So if you wanna see it I'll grab a picture.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I haven't even payed any attention to Uncle Grandpa. I just thought it was dumb.

Visually creative... but junkfood.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I for one can not STAND that piece of **** called The Amazing World of Gumball.

It's a downright PAIN to watch.
I actually don't mind that show, sometimes.
I think Gumbll's Mom, Dad, and sister are pretty funny.

But Gumball and Darwin's characters and voices are grating and contradictory.
In one episode he could be a timid, bullied child, the next he is a sarcastic, passive-aggressive douche. There is a serious lack of continuity in TAWoG.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll admit, Johnny Test wasn't bad, but horribly cliched. And especially with shows like Adventure Time and Korra running about, I'm surprised it lasted that long.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Fixed for crushing accuracy.
You calling me a dirty fish? :troll:

Don't get me started on Street Fighter II V. That wasn't a very good one, as it had practically 10 minute episodes, overusage of blood, and the storyline and characterization wasn't really all that good.

Honestly, it was on par with the freaking cartoon(which was somewhat based upon the bad(yet enjoyable) live-action movie). I haven't seen the Chun-Li movie, and I have a feeling it could be far worse than the original movie.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
@ Themandme Themandme

Total Drama is reusing the same personalities. It's lost it's touch.
I actually don't mind that show, sometimes.
I think Gumbll's Mom, Dad, and sister are pretty funny.

But Gumball and Darwin's characters and voices are grating and contradictory.
In one episode he could be a timid, bullied child, the next he is a sarcastic, passive-aggressive douche. There is a serious lack of continuity in TAWoG.
This is what makes it great. It was like AT. None of the episodes flowed together but when it does it'll start getting bad. #shotsfired

@ MewtwoMaster2002 MewtwoMaster2002 You need to watch Ben 10 original. That was the best

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm thinking of re-watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. That anime was a masterpiece.

Also, on the topic of MLP, one of the reasons I find it utterly unappealing is the art style. (And there's the fact I can't disassociate it with the creepy fanbase it has...)

You calling me a dirty fish? :troll:
> Username = HyperFalcon
> Is a fish

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Don't get me started on Street Fighter II V. That wasn't a very good one, as it had practically 10 minute episodes, overusage of blood, and the storyline and characterization wasn't really all that good.

Honestly, it was on par with the freaking cartoon(which was somewhat based upon the bad(yet enjoyable) live-action movie). I haven't seen the Chun-Li movie, and I have a feeling it could be far worse than the original movie.
Why do I get the feeling that adaptations from video games are usually bad?

(Well, there are exceptions, mainly for JRPGs... But then again, you have the Pokémon anime, so...)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
MLP actually can be quite entertaining at times

It just doesn't seem like something that would draw such a rabbid fan base

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Does anyone know how the MLP Male demographic was birthed in the first place? I would like to know...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Regardless of me liking MLP after I finally tried it, the reason I use it a lot on here is because it was a bit of pleasant surprise to me that I found myself enjoying it. I'm not utterly obsessed with it, and it's not something I want merchandise from either. I just treat it like I do with pretty much every other show that I really like...

.....I watch it. Not much else.

And the fanbase overall still weirds and creeps me out.

I never understood why people wanted to do cosplay for it of all things.

The "deal with it" attitude the majority of them adopted for a time got on my nerves instantly, mostly because I saw many of them with that attitude and I knew a lot of people, including myself that wouldn't insult them for liking the show in the first place.

And lastly, the worst of all, are the fetishes. Enough said on that regard.

_______

Tbh I did like Johnny Test for like it's first season, but it wasn't very good after that and got progressively worse as it went on. It overstayed it's welcome IMO. Am glad to hear ti's cancelled.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should totally make an RPG where ponies are warriors, unicorns are mages, and pegasi are like rogues

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Does anyone know how the MLP Male demographic was birthed in the first place? I would like to know...
Well, I hardly know anything about its origin, let alone the details, but I guess it could be summed up in one word: Internet.

What I know is that MLP is utterly unappealing to me. It's definitely not my kind of thing just by looking at the art.

I've once told people about MLP's male audience and the reaction I got was crushing WTFs.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Alien Force was all about retcons

Retcons everywhere

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
On the Topic of TV Shows;
I despise MLP.
Everyone told me "Just watch it and you'll like it jeez stop being a whiny-face"
I listened.
I watched
TWO
ENTIRE
SEASONS
I didn't like it.
I'm not even sure why
I kinda like the artstyle, jokes are funny, etc...
But I just can't get myself to like it.
My sister made a "Pony" of me, eventhoughshedoesn'tlikeMLP
So if you wanna see it I'll grab a picture.
I watched it, and I liked it. I'm not a brony, and I don't regularly watch the show, just a couple of episodes. I can see why other people like it though.
Also, I must say, if anything, I like the fact that bronies exist because the brony music community is the best thing ever.
I'm a music lover in general, and bronies just love to make music, which makes me a happy Blargg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom