• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Might as well start calling Sonic CD the real Sonic the Hedgehog 3 then. That game pretty much played just like its predecessors, but came out before Sonic 3, so it must be the real deal. Sonic 3 and Knuckles doesn't count...

Seriously, if SEGA ever created a new Sonic Adventure game, they wouldn't call it Sonic Adventure 4 only because Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 had a similar formula. I'll never understand why people claim that Sonic 2006 is really Sonic Adventure 3.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sonic Unleashed being "Sonic World Adventure" doesn't make it Sonic Adventure 3.
Sonic Unleashed being Sonic Adventure 3 in development makes it Sonic Adventure 3.

Get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I remember hearing that the two key mechanics that define a Sonic Adventure game is 6 playable characters(or main stories, if you will) and a Chao Garden. Sonic 2006 came far closer to this than Sonic Unleashed ever did. At least end product-wise. Regardless of plans, that is.

Last edited:

Soul.

To be honest, Sonic Unleashed should have had only daytime stages. People hate the werehog levels. Things like that don't make a Sonic game. Sonic games are supposed to be "clear the level as soon as possible!".
Lost World didn't achieve this either, so yeah. Colors and Generations did it well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be honest, Sonic Unleashed should have had only daytime stages. People hate the werehog levels. Things like that don't make a Sonic game. Sonic games are supposed to be "clear the level as soon as possible!".
So anything not Sonic's or Tails' stages in SA1 and anything not Sonic's and Shadow's stages in SA2 don't count.
(To be fair, I will allow leeway in the case of Big's stages in SA1. I think we can all agree that was a mistake.)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sonic 06 is a spin-off Sonic game with a messed up storyline, glitch fests, an ending that makes no sense, and "IT'S NO USE!".
Also lel if a Sonic game has "Adventure" on its title, that doesn't mean it is a Sonic Adventure game.
I'd argue that's it more it's more offensive that game is actually called Sonic the Hedgehog. Would have been way worse than calling it Adventure 3. But I'm not the biggest Sonic fan, so what do I know.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did anyone else want to see Elise and Sonic REALLY hook up

like all the way

D

Deleted member

Original intentions change over time.

Was it confirmed to be the sequal to 2?
Let me answer your question with another question.
Is Super Mario World not a sequel to Super Mario Bros. 3 because it's not called "Super Mario Bros. 4"?

EDIT: ****, just shot myself in the foot there.
It actually has the subtitle "Super Mario Bros. 4" in Japan.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Let me answer your question with another question.
Is Super Mario World not a sequel to Super Mario Bros. 3 because it's not called "Super Mario Bros. 4"?
Is super mario bros 2 a sequel to super mario bros?

D

Deleted member

Is super mario bros 2 a sequel to super mario bros?
The real Super Mario Bros. 2 (what is known outside Japan as "The Lost Levels") is.
Not "Super Mario Bros. 2" a.k.a. "Super Mario Bros. USA" a.k.a. "Doki Doki Panic w/ Mario characters replacing the main cast".

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The real Super Mario Bros. 2 (what is known outside Japan as "The Lost Levels") is.
Not "Super Mario Bros. 2" a.k.a. "Super Mario Bros. USA" a.k.a. "Doki Doki Panic w/ Mario characters replacing the main cast".
The real super mario bros 2 is nothing but a glorified rom hack

Edit: Also, didn't Miyamoto not have much to do with Lost levels?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The crowd started cheering for Iggy while I was doing good as Luigi.
Iggy wasn't in the game.
Not even the crowd remembers Luigi's name

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The original SMB games has no story except that a plumber goes out to save a princess from a turtle. There were few game mechanic and stage differences, but no story.

So calling SMB 2 3 4, "sequels" feels wrong anyways. I feel the word, "sequel" belongs to games like Diablo 2, 3 and Halo 2,3,4. Because they're following up from the previous games to extend the same storyline. But that's just me.

D

Deleted member

I thought the crowd cheers "Weegee" when doing good.
Coulda been that, it's a bit hard to tell with how the crowd cheers sound in this game, so to me it just sounded like "Iggy" at first.

D

Deleted member

The original SMB games has no story except that a plumber goes out to save a princess from a turtle. There were few game mechanic and stage differences, but no story.
Sure there is no story....if you don't read the manual.

By that logic, none of the original Sonic games have a story except "Evil scientist does evil thing; hedgehog goes to stop him".
With only miniscule differences like "this time hedgehog and fox go to stop evil scientist" and "this time asshole echidna gets in the way".

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Coulda been that, it's a bit hard to tell with how the crowd cheers sound in this game, so to me it just sounded like "Iggy" at first.
The crowd has a severe speech problem in this version, Lucario's cheer is completely impossible to understand as it sounds like "Ru-ha!" or something.

D

Deleted member

The crowd has a severe speech problem in this version, Lucario's cheer is completely impossible to understand as it sounds like "Ru-ha!" or something.
Could just be the 3DS being the 3DS, but I agree that most cheers are hard or absolutely impossible to hear properly because they're just so garbled. If they're not clearer in the Wii U version I'm returning both versions immediately and writing a whiny 0/10 review on Metacritic.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Could just be the 3DS being the 3DS, but I agree that most cheers are hard or absolutely impossible to hear properly because they're just so garbled. If they're not clearer in the Wii U version I'm returning both versions immediately and writing a whiny 0/10 review on Metacritic.
They at least clearly state that they like ike though.

Also I wonder, you get Mewtwo DLC for free if you purchase both versions. So what do you get if you return both versions? Free Ridley DLC? :cool:

D

Deleted member

They at least clearly state that they like ike though.

Also I wonder, you get Mewtwo DLC for free if you purchase both versions. So what do you get if you return both versions? Free Ridley DLC? :cool:
You only get that if you tag @ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht 7 times.
If you return both games you get the Ice Climbers DLC.
If you write a Metacritic review you get the Shovel Knight DLC.
If you specifically write a whiny 0/10 Metacritic review you get both the Shovel Knight DLC and bonus Inspector Gadget DLC.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
You only get that if you tag @ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht 7 times.
If you return both games you get the Ice Climbers DLC.
If you write a Metacritic review you get the Shovel Knight DLC.
If you specifically write a whiny 0/10 Metacritic review you get both the Shovel Knight DLC and bonus Inspector Gadget DLC.
Very clever Nintendo and what is more clever is the free achievment DLC for repurchasing both versions which unlocks 600 achievements to obtain, including: Canonizing- Defeated all newcomers with a veteran character. Welcome back party: Defeat Mewtwo 150 times with Lucario. and more! :4lucario:

D

Deleted member

****-- I just realized candy is on-sale now.

They better have gummies. >3<;
None of the trick or treaters took the Heath bars I had so I'm completely set in terms of candy.
Very clever Nintendo and what is more clever is the free achievment DLC for repurchasing both versions which unlocks 600 achievements to obtain, including: Canonizing- Defeated all newcomers with a veteran character. Welcome back party: Defeat Mewtwo 150 times with Lucario. and more! :4lucario:
And getting all 600 achievements earns you Reggie.
Not his Mii either, a fully recreated model of the person Reggie in Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't aware the manual had that information.
It does.
The original game's manual for example explains that Bowser kidnapped Peach because he turned the people of the Mushroom Kingdom into bricks (the very ones you smash with your head) using black magic and she is the only one that can undo it. Mario hears of this and decides to be a hero and restore the Mushroom Kingdom and its people.

It's a rather simple story, but it's not just "plumber fights turtle and saves princess just because".

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
None of the trick or treaters took the Heath bars I had so I'm completely set in terms of candy.

And getting all 600 achievements earns you Reggie.
Not his Mii either, a fully recreated model of the person Reggie in Smash Bros.
And then you beat 100 Mii's in Cruel smash with Reggie to unlock the ability to earn hats for all characters in smash run! Everyone loves hats right? :4lucario:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's past midnight here and still no signs of rain.

I mean it sprinkled very lightly a few times early in the day and briefly very lightly after everyone stopped coming. I heard there was rain much farther out but not right in my area. Again, makes me wish we had done a tad bit more for the outside area than we ended up doing.

D

Deleted member

And then you beat 100 Mii's in Cruel smash with Reggie to unlock the ability to earn hats for all characters in smash run! Everyone loves hats right? :4lucario:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS: Developed by Valve.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I was about to make a Ghostly Gibus joke until I took a second look at your avatar.

why must I be unable to make gibus jokes

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Achievement Get!
Wombo Combo! /That aint Falco!
Get an 8-hit combo with Fox or Captain Falcon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom