• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
There'd be English and Japanese dubs. For people like me, English would be fine, for others...well use subtitles and the original JP dub then, that's what they're there for.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
It's a reimagined, standalone continuity, much like the SSE was (though this graphic novel series has no relation to the SSE continuity).

Here's a non-spoilery example:

On Earth (which includes stages like Town & City, Pilot Wings, and Boxing Ring, among whatever others), you have the [TDB] Street Gang. Which includes Ness, the default male Villager, a female Mii Brawler, and the Duck Hunt Dog. Ness and Friends are prominent characters in the series, with Ness serving as the closest thing to a main protagonist.

Every character has a place. I'll try to use as many alternate costumes as I can, and all the non-Stage Creator stages will figure somewhere in the design as well.
Oh, well in that case sorry but I pass. I don't mind alternate continuities, but the characterizations is something I've always found necessary found to get as closer as possible to the original material.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I have properly revised and added to my Disney Smash Bros. roster.

View attachment 24185

Discuss.
So many more worthy Disney characters

The Fairy Godmother
Merlin
Evil Queen/the Old Hag
Mary Poppins
Dr. Facillicer
Pocahontas
Ursula
Pete
Goofy
Prince Phillip
The three Fairies
Hercules(How can you have Hades but not him!)
Genie
Aladdin
Madam Mim
Merida
Jafar
Yensid
Kida
Oswald

But id main mr moseby for sure

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, considering a Smash Bros. anime would have a focus on Assist Trophies as well...you know what it's time for

Yoshi and Greninja aren't the only ones with special tongue action

Last edited:

Radayam

Smash Apprentice
Can Galleum and Duon be giant mecha piloted/controlled by the villains? And can all the heroes' ships combine into not-Voltron?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Okay, I have properly revised and added to my Disney Smash Bros. roster.

View attachment 24185

Discuss.
Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie. Still no Daisy. Clarabelle. -_-. Max rides his skateboard. Oswald the lucky rabbit is added as a clone to Mickey in one game. Then cut. Then added again in the next one.

Pluto is his own series.

Pete is his own series but for some reason everyone want Mortimer to be added too.

Mr. Incredible

Simba. Young Simba. You can switch between Timon and Pumba (but they'll be separate in the next installment). Scar. who plays similarly to Mr. Incredible. Just faster.

Lightning Mcqueen. Mater. Whoever the bad guy was in this(awful) movie. They all play extremely similarly and everyone wants to cut Matr and the bad guy. But I'm especially a fan of Mater.

Chip and Dale are kinda retro picks. They are a tag team but will be cut in the next installment.

Princess Mononoke. She speaks japanese and people don't know what she's from. They also add Howl from Howl's moving castle in the next installment. They share the same moves but Howl is a bit more casual and taller. He also speaks English. Totoro is a very powerful character. He fights for his friends. For some reason people thought Arrietty was going to be in. It turns out that there wasn't much special about her. So Ponyo was added instead. With a fish and a non-fish alt. costume.

Wreck it Ralph. Vanelope von Schweets. Everyone wants King Candy added.

Alladin is a stand alone character. Fans are enraged at Genie's constant teasing of being in the game. He's been wanted ever since the second installment but due to his immense size in the movies, he cannot join. Despite being able to have proper dimensions if designed correctly. Instead of Genie, they added Prince Alladin in the last game.

Kind of a crazy reveal. Penguin from Club Penguin. Probably for those young casual Disney fans. It was rumored he was too casual.

The creator of the game has worked on Toy Story. It only makes sense that Buzz, Woody, and Rex are added. Everyone wants Buzz to be heavily nerfed in the next game.

Elsa from Frozen is added. People thought she was too new to add. But I feel like the developers were really feeling it when they added her.

Chicken Little. People are upset but Fish out of Water was cut. Even though they were at most, semi-clones in the last game.

Mr. Fredrickson from UP is a background character since he is too old to fight. Instead he has several dogs that fight for him. Including his wife Ellie. Also Doug. Russel and Kevin are stand alone characters. Ellie, Mr. Fredrickson and his dogs, are cut in favor of Doug being a stand alone character in the next game.

Peter Pan is a character. I'm not quite sure how he works but his render displays that Tinkerbell follows him around.

Snow white is another retro character.

Tarzan is also another old character and added mostly because of his obscurity.

The people developing this game helped to make Sponge bob so he is an obvious pick.

Dylan Sprouse was a character but he didn't really fit so he was cut.

Scooby doo.
Shrek.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Oh, well in that case sorry but I pass. I don't mind alternate continuities, but the characterizations is something I've always found necessary found to get as closer as possible to the original material.
Is this to say you didn't enjoy the SSE's narrative, on account of how the characters resided in a non-Nintendo world (yet still roughly embodied their general Ninty personalities)? Or how the characters had different origins or histories (such as how there were many GWs made up of Shadow Bugs)?

If so, then you'd indeed not enjoy my eventual possible fan project, as I do the same general thing -- take the cast, retain their general traits, and have them interact in a standalone continuity. So Ganondorf is still an evil ************, for instance, but he's not a thief/god-king from the Gerudo Desert. And Samus is still a bounty hunter, but she ain't from K-2L. And so and so forth.

There is no "original material" in Smash to draw from, and I can't do "authentic" characterization unless I did a Nintendo Multiverse Crossover (which I'm not). Yet strong characterization is a matter of consistency above all other things, so even if Ness isn't Earthbound-Mother-PK Ness, he should still be a cool kid. :shades:

Though of course, this project wouldn't come to pass until Q1 2015 at the earliest. So it's still a long ways off. Hopefully, it'll all come together.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie. Still no Daisy. Clarabelle. -_-. Max rides his skateboard. Oswald the lucky rabbit is added as a clone to Mickey in one game. Then cut. Then added again in the next one.

Pluto is his own series.

Pete is his own series but for some reason everyone want Mortimer to be added too.

Mr. Incredible

Simba. Young Simba. You can switch between Timon and Pumba (but they'll be separate in the next installment). Scar. who plays similarly to Mr. Incredible. Just faster.

Lightning Mcqueen. Mater. Whoever the bad guy was in this(awful) movie. They all play extremely similarly and everyone wants to cut Matr and the bad guy. But I'm especially a fan of Mater.

Chip and Dale are kinda retro picks. They are a tag team but will be cut in the next installment.

Princess Mononoke. She speaks japanese and people don't know what she's from. They also add Howl from Howl's moving castle in the next installment. They share the same moves but Howl is a bit more casual and taller. He also speaks English. Totoro is a very powerful character. He fights for his friends. For some reason people thought Arrietty was going to be in. It turns out that there wasn't much special about her. So Ponyo was added instead. With a fish and a non-fish alt. costume.

Wreck it Ralph. Vanelope von Schweets. Everyone wants King Candy added.

Alladin is a stand alone character. Fans are enraged at Genie's constant teasing of being in the game. He's been wanted ever since the second installment but due to his immense size in the movies, he cannot join. Despite being able to have proper dimensions if designed correctly. Instead of Genie, they added Prince Alladin in the last game.

Kind of a crazy reveal. Penguin from Club Penguin. Probably for those young casual Disney fans. It was rumored he was too casual.

The creator of the game has worked on Toy Story. It only makes sense that Buzz, Woody, and Rex are added. Everyone wants Buzz to be heavily nerfed in the next game.

Elsa from Frozen is added. People thought she was too new to add. But I feel like the developers were really feeling it when they added her.

Chicken Little. People are upset but Fish out of Water was cut. Even though they were at most, semi-clones in the last game.

Mr. Fredrickson from UP is a background character since he is too old to fight. Instead he has several dogs that fight for him. Including his wife Ellie. Also Doug. Russel and Kevin are stand alone characters. Ellie, Mr. Fredrickson and his dogs, are cut in favor of Doug being a stand alone character in the next game.

Peter Pan is a character. I'm not quite sure how he works but his render displays that Tinkerbell follows him around.

Snow white is another retro character.

Tarzan is also another old character and added mostly because of his obscurity.

The people developing this game helped to make Sponge bob so he is an obvious pick.

Dylan Sprouse was a character but he didn't really fit so he was cut.

Scooby doo.
Shrek.
Dylan sprouse was probably cut due to his alt costume being too risque lol

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Just saying.... although we look down on Goku requests, 90% of you would actually be fine if he actually got in.

How correct/wrong am I?
But goku is already in the game :troll: :4mii:

But yeah i'm glad sakurai made mii's so stupid characters like that never get in, so glad sakurai has some rules for picking characters, i dont really want animu characters that arent really nintendo chars in smash. Lucky enough we get 3rd parties.

But thats why we have mii's :4pacman: its sakurai's copout to dumb miiverse requests.

yeah I dont really care about DBZ, come at me bros.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Yes actually.
OK, I guess.
Is this to say you didn't enjoy the SSE's narrative, on account of how the characters resided in a non-Nintendo world (yet still roughly embodied their general Ninty personalities)? Or how the characters had different origins or histories (such as how there were many GWs made up of Shadow Bugs)?

If so, then you'd indeed not enjoy my eventual possible fan project, as I do the same general thing -- take the cast, retain their general traits, and have them interact in a standalone continuity. So Ganondorf is still an evil mother****er, for instance, but he's not a thief/god-king from the Gerudo Desert. And Samus is still a bounty hunter, but she ain't from K-2L. And so and so forth.

There is no "original material" in Smash to draw from, and I can't do "authentic" characterization unless I did a Nintendo Multiverse Crossover (which I'm not). Yet strong characterization is a matter of consistency above all other things, so even if Ness isn't Earthbound-Mother-PK Ness, he should still be a cool kid. :shades:

Though of course, this project wouldn't come to pass until Q1 2015 at the earliest. So it's still a long ways off. Hopefully, it'll all come together.
Well, I didn't get trouble with SSE since the story was mute and it didn't go well deep into their personalities besides R.O.B., who didn't get any from his original games (Which makes sense as he was a real life toy) and the few moments characters actually showed it, it was close to their original portrayals (like Lucas being a coward that faces his fears nonetheless).

With original material I mean the games the characters originate from. In some cases it's justifiable to do their own characterizations with characters like silent protagonists (Ness and Red for example), but with most fan projects there's the problem that people haven't played or investigated the games the characters are from; causing characters to act like completely different ones, even with the silent characters it's good to know about their games to get an idea of how to characterize them. The main characters with this problem are the FE ones, as it seems only 10% of the Smash (and Nintendo in general) have played or investigate it while the other 90% know nothing about the series besides that Marth, Ike, Lucina, Robin and Roy are from them (like, really, how can those guys be so popular yet almost no one has bothered to know how they are?)

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
You should play Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. They're the 2 best ones.
There's a lot of games/franchises sitting on my backlog in the corner. Fire Emblem has never really been in my top priority, though. Not interested enough.

I dunno, that might change if Smash 4 gets me excited. Brawl managed to win me over with Pikmin.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There's a lot of games/franchises sitting on my backlog in the corner. Fire Emblem has never really been in my top priority, though. Not interested enough.

I dunno, that might change if Smash 4 gets me excited. Brawl managed to win me over with Pikmin.
Path of Radiance is best because of Ike.

D

Deleted member

I have Path of Radiance, and made it to chapter 8.

But then I got Xenoblade.

I think I'll just restart the game once I beat Xenoblade so that I'll be playing the entire thing start to finish rather than a 3 month gap between chapter 7 and 8.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Well, I didn't get trouble with SSE since the story was mute and it didn't go well deep into their personalities besides R.O.B., who didn't get any from his original games (Which makes sense as he was a real life toy) and the few moments characters actually showed it, it was close to their original portrayals (like Lucas being a coward that faces his fears nonetheless).

With original material I mean the games the characters originate from. In some cases it's justifiable to do their own characterizations with characters like silent protagonist (Ness and Red for example), but with most fan projects there's the problem that people haven't played or investigated the games the characters are from; causing characters to act like completely different ones, even with the silent characters it's good to know about their games to get an idea of how to characterize them. The main characters with this problem are the FE ones, as it seems only 10% of the Smash (and Nintendo in general) know nothing about the series besides that Marth, Ike, Lucina, Robin and Roy are from them (like, really, how can those guys be so popular yet almost no one has bothered to know how they are?)
I see your concerns, but I have to say that I don't share them in the least.

For instance, I haven't played any of the Mother games. Yet in my project, I intend for Ness to have a prominent role. I therefore can't possibly stay "true" to Ness' character as he was portrayed in Earthbound.But I do intend to remain consistent with the version of Ness I'll be developing throughout. And this, for every character I'd be using, whether I have played the games (e.g. Mario, Zelda, DK, etc.) or haven't (e.g. Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Kid Icarus, etc.).

The games-of-origin canon are (mostly) irrelevant to this project, then. The challenge is to create a story from scratch out of the characters, stages, and other assets found in the Wii U version of Smash 4. Which is to say, the story that emerges from these variables is more important than remaining "true" to canons and personalities of character origin.

If this is a deal-breaker, then I'd naturally understand (but I would nonetheless invite you to check out this project if/when it ever comes to fruition ;)).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Speaking of Ike, I love how they made him look in Smash 4.

He looks much more manly, and more like a bad***.
I like his Radiant Dawn look better. He actually looks like he could destroy butts now, and not be this skinny kid like his Path of Radiance look. It's funny how some people who never played Radiant Dawn were pissed about Ike's new look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom