• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
What if there was a Super Smash Bros. anime? Would that be hype?
Wouldn't mind, it would be very difficult to pull though, with the very large cast of characters from diverse series that in almost no way can relate to each other interacting, the large cast of voices for each one too.

Not to mention the license for 3rd parties.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Would work better if it wasn't for the series that gif comes from.

I can relate, it froze every 5 minutes and was very slow even though my connection is decent.
Well I more meant on the character side. Mario, Link and Fox were the ugly sprites that everyone used and it had "Sonic with a sword and Red Sonic with a sword OC do not steal"s.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Well I more meant on the character side. Mario, Link and Fox were the ugly sprites that everyone used and it had "Sonic with a sword and Red Sonic with a sword OC do not steal"s.
Yeah, those sprites *sigh* Also I personally didn't like Kirby and Meta Knight mashed up, they're totally different characters. Zelda sprite, I find it decent though, but I always had a weird feeling about mostly the Mario one.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Maybe if the Smash Bros anime adapted Subspace's storyline but made it better...or somehow come up with a storyline for Smash Run. If there was an anime, it wouldn't have time to delve into everyone's history, so it would be more of an action packed show with some story. I'd want Pichu to be one of the main characters.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah, those sprites *sigh* Also I personally didn't like Kirby and Meta Knight mashed up, they're totally different characters. Zelda sprite, I find it decent though, but I always had a weird feeling about mostly the Mario one.
Well I think they got mashed up cause the people had trouble making Kirby's swallow move work.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Smash Bros. anime: make Ganondorf the big bad, plotting to conquer not only Hyrule but other worlds beyond.

Princesses would be kidnapped and heroes would rise against the evil legions of Ganon.

And Link couldn't talk either.

Fanservice would come in the form of Samus, Shulk and maybe Chrom and Tharja.

Yep, it would. If Palutena's trailer is any indication...

Something like this.

Smash and Soul Eater don't mix well. >_>

Like mixing olive oil with water. Folly.

(I mean seriously, what the hell. Not to mention the poor animation quality. Some things were clever, though.)

If it wasn't as depressing as Madoka Magika then i'll love it.
Implying all anime is sad and depressing?

Trivia: both Palutena's trailer and Madoka were made by the same studio: Studio SHAFT.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Speaking of hype Smash projects, have I informed anyone of my Smash Graphic Novel project?

The idea is to take in-game snapshots on the Wii U version and save them to an SD card, transfer the files to a computer, then arrange the images in comic-style panels, complete with text and speech and thought bubbles (and likely other photo manipulation touches).

The goal is to use purely in-game assets to construct an epic narrative. So I'd be using the characters, stages (and Stage Creator), alternate costumes, and items (as the plot dictates). I already have the story largely mapped out, and it's pretty boss. I imagine that I'd end up doing a succession of arcs, each X issues long (which are in turn Y pages long).

If, after acquiring a Wii U and Smash U, I find this idea to be technically feasible, then I'll pursue it. And I'd post the issues here on Smashboards for all to enjoy.

It's all up in the air, but I think it'd be something the community here would greatly enjoy. I can't do digital art (yet), but a purely textual medium doesn't befit Smash at all, so this represents a suitable compromise for what is possible for me to do.

So yeah. Sehnsucht Presents: A Smash U Graphic Novel Series, coming 2015.

Does this interest anyone?

D

Deleted member

Maybe if the Smash Bros anime adapted Subspace's storyline but made it better...or somehow come up with a storyline for Smash Run. If there was an anime, it wouldn't have time to delve into everyone's history, so it would be more of an action packed show with some story. I'd want Pichu to be one of the main characters.
Actually, a story arc based on Subspace would be cool.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
If there was a Smash anime, the main characters I guess would be Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu; as they seem to be the main mascots of the series. The rest of the original 12 would be secondary protagonists. Eventually the rest of the cast would be in, with characters like Marth and Olimar getting important roles.

Okay, I fixed some of the issues with my roster.
I realized some glaring omissions and added them.

View attachment 24189
I so which there was an actual game like this to hit everyone with a frying pan.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mario and Luigi's Sprites look like edited versions of Megaman X's. Well the PS1 style to be exact. Which doesn't work well for Mario.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Speaking of hype Smash projects, have I informed anyone of my Smash Graphic Novel project?

The idea is to take in-game snapshots on the Wii U version and save them to an SD card, transfer the files to a computer, then arrange the images in comic-style panels, complete with text and speech and thought bubbles (and likely other photo manipulation touches).

The goal is to use purely in-game assets to construct an epic narrative. So I'd be using the characters, stages (and Stage Creator), alternate costumes, and items (as the plot dictates). I already have the story largely mapped out, and it's pretty boss. I imagine that I'd end up doing a succession of arcs, each X issues long (which are in turn Y pages long).

If, after acquiring a Wii U and Smash U, I find this idea to be technically feasible, then I'll pursue it. And I'd post the issues here on Smashboards for all to enjoy.

It's all up in the air, but I think it'd be something the community here would greatly enjoy. I can't do digital art (yet), but a purely textual medium doesn't befit Smash at all, so this represents a suitable compromise for what is possible for me to do.

So yeah. Sehnsucht Presents: A Smash U Graphic Novel Series, coming 2015.

Does this interest anyone?
As long as the Fire Emblem characters, Shulk or Samus don't get their personalities distorted like in every fanmade Smash project, I'll definetely be interested.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

(I mean seriously, what the hell. Not to mention the poor animation quality. Some things were clever, though.)
It's a bit of an old animation. Whatever, I liked it a lot more when I first saw it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
*audibly groans*
Actually, that is to be expected.
As long as it isn't this princess

:4lucina:

Then there will be some serious issues.
Peach and Zelda would, but not Lucina, obviously.

Lucina is too badass to be a damsel in distress. She could, of course, first appear disguised as Marth.

I think the anime would have to be in English. Can anyone imagine Mario speaking Japanese? I surely as hell don't.

Soul.

Yes, it would be hype seeing Ridley in Pyrosphere as a stage hazard in anime form. The characters beat him and move on to something else. :troll:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lucina is too badass to be a damsel in distress. She could, of course, first appear disguised as Marth.
Damn straight.
Also, it would be a nice change of pace for Zelda to not be a damsel this time.
She wasn't really one in Twilight Princess.

Twewy

Smash Lord
It's adorable when people talk smack in 2v1 situations. They think they're good when they have a buddy helping them.

Only if it was something like Cromartie High.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
As long as the Fire Emblem characters, Shulk or Samus don't get their personalities distorted like in every fanmade Smash project, I'll definetely be interested.
It's a reimagined, standalone continuity, much like the SSE was (though this graphic novel series has no relation to the SSE continuity).

Here's a non-spoilery example:

On Earth (which includes stages like Town & City, Pilot Wings, and Boxing Ring, among whatever others), you have the [TDB] Street Gang. Which includes Ness, the default male Villager, a female Mii Brawler, and the Duck Hunt Dog. Ness and Friends are prominent characters in the series, with Ness serving as the closest thing to a main protagonist.

Every character has a place. I'll try to use as many alternate costumes as I can, and all the non-Stage Creator stages will figure somewhere in the design as well.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Smash Bros. anime: make Ganondorf the big bad, plotting to conquer not only Hyrule but other worlds beyond.

Princesses would be kidnapped and heroes would rise against the evil legions of Ganon.

And Link couldn't talk either.

Fanservice would come in the form of Samus, Shulk and maybe Chrom and Tharja.

Yep, it would. If Palutena's trailer is any indication...

Implying all anime is sad and depressing?

Trivia: both Palutena's trailer and Madoka were made by the same studio: Studio SHAFT.
You had me at Tharja.

D

Deleted member

I think the anime would have to be in English. Can anyone imagine Mario speaking Japanese? I surely as hell don't.
Maybe it could be in Japanese with some characters not speaking at all (examples: Link, Toon Link) and some with English voices with Japanese subtitles (Mario, Luigi, and other characters).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Damn straight.
Also, it would be a nice change of pace for Zelda to not be a damsel this time.
She wasn't really one in Twilight Princess.
Well, I'd think Zelda would be more badass, using her Sheik transformation and magic, but Ganondorf would capture her towards the end.

Bowser and Dedede would join the heroes eventually, because Ganondorf clearly out-evils them. Hades and Ridley would be Ganon's strongest allies, for obvious reasons. And maybe Grima would also be in league with them, though he'd also have plans to overthrow Ganon.

Then you'd have the likes of Meta Knight, Wolf and Dark Pit who would first appear as antagonistic, but eventually revealing they act on their own, eventually joining the heroes out of circumstance.

Running gag character: Tingle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom