• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I feel bad for Yacht Club Games. If Shovel Knight does indeed get in, they will get SO much backlash. People are already calling him a "fad" and "one hit wonder" yet I think he's already becoming a big character in gaming. GOTY last year, crossed over with Kratos and Battletoads, possibly getting an amiibo, has done crossovers with other indies, and is going to be in an upcoming one, he's on the rise. Whether he should get in over other 3rd parties or Nintendo characters is something else entirely.

And it's TOTALLY not like he would get even more popular in Smash...actually, how would you guys react to an indie pack? Shovel Knight playable, indie trophies, and other mii costumes. I would love to see this, and be the perfect homage to all the loyal "nindies".

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
As much as I like Shovel Knight's game, I really don't want him in Smash.

I'd rather not have a character who has been around for less than the time I've spent supporting other characters.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you. :090:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
SK? Never really considered him because I thought his game not being released in Japan would put him out of the picture. Could be fun if he does end up being DLC, though.

that thread is barely active
now as they say, gorl
You wish for a silent thread, yet you complain when there's not enough activity. Pick your poison, Pikachu.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I know, right? People were so focused on his "nerfs" he went through, but overlooked all his good qualities.
He's still a valid and worthy fighter.
He is. He maybe nerfed but after a 14 year old showed disrespect to Mr. R. People are now wondering where he is in the meta game.
Basically suffered from the "he's not the best now so he sucks" syndrome.
The "he's not like Brawl" syndrome.
etc. etc.

:093:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
OK. I will talk about Smash 4...

Meta Knight has alot of potential to be ether high or top tier.

Haven't watched the video yet, but I can say that Meta Knight is CERTAINLY underappreciated. He has potential, and has good set ups into kill moves. I remember fighting a Meta Knight who was REALLY good. Really showed off what he's capable of.

Soul.

I still need to practice foxtrot cancels in this game. u~u
He is. He maybe nerfed but after a 14 year old showed disrespect to Mr. R. People are now wondering where he is in the meta game.
He did. Problem is that Mr. R [apparently] didn't play well, so...

It's not like MK suddenly beats Sheik now.

SK? Never really considered him because I thought his game not being released in Japan would put him out of the picture. Could be fun if he does end up being DLC, though.

You wish for a silent thread, yet you complain when there's not enough activity. Pick your poison, Pikachu.
the **** is a pikachu

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I'd add to the discussion if I actually played competitive Smash. It doesn't help that I've only been playing FG with the Gamepad (although controlling is decent, the Gamepad is large and slightly too heavy to hold without resting my wrists on my legs.)

If I invested money in a GC controller + adapter early, I probably would've attempted to play more.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I still need to practice foxtrot cancels in this game. u~u

He did. Problem is that Mr. R [apparently] didn't play well, so...

It's not like MK suddenly beats Sheik now.

the **** is a pikachu
Still. He does show alot of potential right now

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I feel bad for Yacht Club Games. If Shovel Knight does indeed get in, they will get SO much backlash. People are already calling him a "fad" and "one hit wonder" yet I think he's already becoming a big character in gaming. GOTY last year, crossed over with Kratos and Battletoads, possibly getting an amiibo, has done crossovers with other indies, and is going to be in an upcoming one, he's on the rise. Whether he should get in over other 3rd parties or Nintendo characters is something else entirely.

And it's TOTALLY not like he would get even more popular in Smash...actually, how would you guys react to an indie pack? Shovel Knight playable, indie trophies, and other mii costumes. I would love to see this, and be the perfect homage to all the loyal "nindies".
Not only is he becoming big in character gaming, but some people tend to discredit his pretty good relationship with Nintendo so far. I'd say he's the biggest (n)indie so far in gaming history with everything accomplished so far. To be honest I see him more likely as a character than Shantae (not that I don't support her) despite her series dating from long time ago.

And costumes/trophies from the Runbow guests would be pretty sweet

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You guys just wait till Shovel Knight 64 hits the streets and does to 3D platforming what it did to 2D platforming (AKA be very good)
I'll be significantly less opposed to him then. Let him properly establish rather than be a one-hit wonder.

Part of the reason why I like Shantae the most out of all the indies.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I'll be significantly less opposed to him then. Let him properly establish rather than be a one-hit wonder.

Part of the reason why I like Shantae the most out of all the indies.
Do you hate Shovel Knight? I am just curious.

Soul.

Shovel Knight is in, everyone whines at his inclusion. Shovel Knight isn't in, everyone still whines.

What other "indie" character fits in Smash aside from him and the girl genie thing.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Shovel Knight is in, everyone whines at his inclusion. Shovel Knight isn't in, everyone still whines.

What other "indie" character fits in Smash aside from him and the girl genie thing.
Thats a really good question actually... would Dillon count? Everyone else seems pretty forgetable.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Quote from Cave Story:

Although he has been pretty much forgotten now.

Thats a really good question actually... would Dillon count? Everyone else seems pretty forgetable.
Dillon is not an indie character.

Last edited:

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Hello! :kirby:

Question... Do you think Meta Knight in Smash 4 good? Asking this after Leo and Mr.R.
He's a stupidly underrated character, very reminiscent of ZSS. Both have poor neutrals, but fantastic recoveries and combos that can take out stocks early. He's more than capable of being a top tier character.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
See, the issue I have with Shovel Knight is that he just doesn't scream Nintendo to be, nor "iconic". With every other third-party rep we've had, they've had a damn good reason to get in: Sonic being Sega's mascot, Snake being Konami's child, Mega Man being a defining rep of Capcom, Pac-Man helping to solidify video gaming wih the arcades, and Ryu from the game that defines what a fighting game should be like. All Shovel Knight has been is a decent indie game, and we've had hundreds of those. What makes him so special?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So rumors of Shovel Knight in Smesh? While I would want Shantae much more, I can't complain too much about him (doesn't matter too much as I am downloading every single DLC that comes my way). Still need to beat his game though.

Also, why else would Nintendo have Smash Wii U on the PAX show floor this weekend?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

That said, I have to admit Shovel Knight in Smash would be pretty cool. The relics give him a lot of moveset potential.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So rumors of Shovel Knight in Smesh? While I would want Shantae much more, I can't complain too much about him (doesn't matter too much as I am downloading every single DLC that comes my way). Still need to beat his game though.

Also, why else would Nintendo have Smash Wii U on the PAX show floor this weekend?
...Because they want it to be there and it's a really popular game?
I mean, not everything relates to DLC or characters. It could just be there, to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom