• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So the word on the street is that Yaht Club's "big Nintendo announcement" is Shovel Knight in Smash, something I thought about myself once but didnt think would actually come to pass. I wouldnt be opposed honestly, he fits right in.
Where did they announce this?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As much as I like Shovel Knight's game, I really don't want him in Smash.

I'd rather not have a character who has been around for less than the time I've spent supporting other characters.

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
That's because you weren't tagged into the conversation. I didn't do it directly, as it was more an offhand comment.

You know I love you, and any scolding would be merely out of teasing.

<3

:093:
Gah, I'm still tired... and I'm in public, so I can't just sleep... it's been one of those days. :mario64:

Camalange X FalKoopa confirmed?

:094:
Awww <3

Ah. I get the context though. I shouldn't have said that to Cliff...
Somebody get out a pen, WE'RE WRITING A FANFICTION

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
So the word on the street is that Yaht Club's "big Nintendo announcement" is Shovel Knight in Smash, something I thought about myself once but didnt think would actually come to pass. I wouldnt be opposed honestly, he fits right in.
Wouldn't Yacht Club's big announcement probably be what exclusive DLC Nintendo will get for Shovel Knight? Sony has Kratos and Microsoft has Battletoads... maybe Link or Samus for Shovel Knight

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Wouldn't Yacht Club's big announcement probably be what exclusive DLC Nintendo will get for Shovel Knight? Sony has Kratos and Microsoft has Battletoads... maybe Link or Samus for Shovel Knight
See, I'd agree with that, but Yacht Club stated that it was something unexpected, and everyone expects another character fight.

Granted, I have no idea what it is, but apparently it'll be at Nintendo's Nindies thing at PAX. Or at least that's what's being hinted, I think.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For some reason I'm thinking it could be him in Mario Maker. He would fit there like a glove.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
See, I'd agree with that, but Yacht Club stated that it was something unexpected, and everyone expects another character fight.

Granted, I have no idea what it is, but apparently it'll be at Nintendo's Nindies thing at PAX. Or at least that's what's being hinted, I think.
No way it's gonna be him for Smash...

Besides the charicter ballots aren't closed yet...
I think

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Ugh... Why can't this situation go away... I am so depressed...

Soul.

I really wonder why everyone expects a character reveal every single time a company announces something. Not saying it's bad but like, why.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Is...is my pipe dream of Shovel Knight in Smash possibly happening? Ok, going to be calm, and not going to get Excited like Rayman...

This is difficult.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I really wonder why everyone expects a character reveal every single time a company announces something. Not saying it's bad but like, why.
People get Hype for the Character they want in smash.
Like If there was a rumor about Wonder Red definitely being in Smash

Like I would go bat**** insane I guess

Soul.

People get Hype for the Character they want in smash.
Like If there was a rumor about Wonder Red definitely being in Smash

Like I would go bat**** insane I guess
I will go insane the moment it's closed. In less than two months.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
If this was Brawl, nobody would be jizzing over anything Nintendo character related. The ability to patch and update Smash Bros. seems to be a double-edged sword for Sakurai. Not to mention the character ballot.

Am I crazy that I want a physical copy, when I already have played the digital version more than once?

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
I have to go, everyone.
I'l Come on later.
Besides isn't the ballot only open to Nintendo Characters?
Nope. I Don't think so.

Soul.

Besides isn't the ballot only open to Nintendo Characters?
It's open to any video game character though most are voting for Nintendo characters, namely K. Rool and Inkling, among others.
If this was Brawl, nobody would be jizzing over anything Nintendo character related. The ability to patch and update Smash Bros. seems to be a double-edged sword for Sakurai. Not to mention the character ballot.

Am I crazy that I want a physical copy, when I already have played the digital version more than once?
My perception makes me think patches are only good if they are about balance.
... I guess.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Awww <3

Ah. I get the context though. I shouldn't have said that to Cliff...
It happens to the best of us.
As much as I like Shovel Knight's game, I really don't want him in Smash.

I'd rather not have a character who has been around for less than the time I've spent supporting other characters.
For some reason I'm thinking it could be him in Mario Maker. He would fit there like a glove.
I super agree with this.

Nothing against Shovel Knight... But like, please, not every kind of cool series needs a playable character to represent them. Rayman got a trophy. I don't need playable indie game character Shovel Knight, please. So many more deserving characters and franchises, imo.

A Shovel Knight assist trophy? Go for it. Mii costume? Absolutely. Literally anything else. We don't always need a new character.

There are more things exciting for companies than just throwing new characters at our faces. I think Shovel Knight would be a perfect fit for Mario Maker, and even a Nintendo crossover level in Shovel Knight would be really cool, as suggested like they did with Battletoads.
Somebody get out a pen, WE'RE WRITING A FANFICTION
You guys work fast.

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
If Shovel Knight is indeed getting to Super Smash Bros. that's cool in my opinion (he does have a lot of moveset potential)... it's just the huge backlash he'll get that I'm afraid of

Btw, was that rumor of Mario Kart 8 getting more DLC real?

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Shovel knight in smash seems unlikely but it would be pretty cool too. I mean, i think that there are other characters who would be more interesting/deserve a spot more. (bandana dee) but I don't think I would be off put if he did get in. Shovel moveset would be interesting I think.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Smash 4 Social: Will we ever talk about Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom