• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Meh.
An IRC chat would be cool but I'm not interested in that kind of stuff.
Skype exists, but not everyone has it; there was an 'argument' involving us moving to either Skype, IRC or staying here on Smashboards last week.

I do realize that posting images every time doesn't add up to the discussion at hand, but since it's apparent that this thread is a Social thread I get the idea of "you can post whatever the **** you want!" without derailing the other threads that actually have a purpose, where being off-topic often leads to infractions. Then there's the "where else am I going to post them?" thing.

I don't care much about the like feature. I only use it and think of it as 'being aware' of the post, instead of "yeah I agree."

Meh.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Oh all you people in college. I still haven't made version 2 of my college essay yet. I have one version done, but I'd like to have another one written in a different style and then get them both looked at when school starts.
I'm an incoming senior in high school. How do I fee waiver? How do I pay taxes? WHAT IS A LOAN? How do you write 10 page essays? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Meh.
Skype exists, but not everyone has it; there was an 'argument' involving us moving to either Skype, IRC or staying here on Smashboards last week.

I do realize that posting images every time doesn't add up to the discussion at hand, but since it's apparent that this thread is a Social thread I get the idea of "you can post whatever the **** you want!" without derailing the other threads that actually have a purpose, where being off-topic often leads to infractions. Then there's the "where else am I going to post them?" thing.

I don't care much about the like feature. I only use it and think of it as 'being aware' of the post, instead of "yeah I agree."

Meh.
What about an in-site chatbox w/o images to avoid spam stuff? That could be an option too I suppose.

Oh all you people in college. I still haven't made version 2 of my college essay yet. I have one version done, but I'd like to have another one written in a different style and then get them both looked at when school starts.
I wish I could give you advice, but I'm really bad at writing essays, all of my classes I get A+'s and whatnot, but any class that includes essays or any amount of heavy writing leaves me a hair's breadth of flunking.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Meh.

Meh.
Oh cool, I'm not the only one who uses likes that way.
I'm an incoming senior in high school. How do I fee waiver? How do I pay taxes? WHAT IS A LOAN? How do you write 10 page essays? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!
I'm just as clueless as you are. I'm not worried though. I've been doing well in school and my test scores have been solid. However, I haven't visited any colleges yet even though I know what I want to study.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I find it humorous that the mods put so much importance on how / why people go about gaining imaginary karma points.
So if we had the 'like' counter turned off you'd be fine because it's just imaginary karma points, right? You'd be the minority I'd say, because otherwise people wouldn't be arguing against me on the sheer point of "the social thread visitors having a revolt over it".
I use the word addiction for that reason. It isn't essential for survival and it can warp the way you act.

Sorry for having a basic studied background on human chemical "psychology". Who hasn't been addicted to inane stuff on the internet before?

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Bleh college
I go in 17 days
Cri
What about an in-site chatbox w/o images to avoid spam stuff? That could be an option too I suppose.
Like Squidboards, but it's a lot of work to update the site (I heard??)
I never seem to be on when the conversation is good. Sometimes in the early morning there's stuff, but it doesn't take long for it to devolve into garbage. 2.0 and 3.0 were the good old days. Great discussions then.
thissssssssssssssssss by a trillion
That fact is why I've honestly stopped bothering to visit this thread unless I get a tag, have nothing better to do (like now) or if I feel like playing a regular
3.0 was so fun, I used to visit this thread constantly
I barely visit smashboards in general
I just float around skype and pop on here for rankings stuff or crew battles now
And with that said, I probably won't check here till tomorrow

Last edited:

Soul.

B-but nothing is funny without images.

2.0 and 3.0 were the GOATs of the social threads. I only come here because this is the most active thread.

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
So if we had the 'like' counter turned off you'd be fine because it's just imaginary karma points, right?
I use the word addiction for that reason. It isn't essential for survival and it can warp the way you act.

Sorry for having a basic studied background on human chemical "psychology".
It can get pretty intense, Humans like attention, and the way anything appears on the Internet is shared with EVERYONE aids in making one known.
Suddenly you feel like you matter, like you have p o w e r.
And as they say, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Pretty intense stuff.

B-but nothing is funny without images.

2.0 and 3.0 were the GOATs of the social threads. I only come here because this is the most active thread.
True that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It can get pretty intense, Humans like attention, and the way anything appears on the Internet is shared with EVERYONE aids in making one known.
Suddenly you feel like you matter, like you have p o w e r.
And as they say, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Pretty intense stuff.
This is absolutely true. I've experienced this first hand, and not in a good way. I'm glad I learned when I was younger though.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Anyway, you're all good people.
I'm just expressing my view point on it all. I'd definitely act/fight if there was a growing number of the userbase wanting it to be "better", but if it's like as is, it'll stay as is (at least for now, there's no easy/better solution).

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Oh and for MU threads
And the occasional NON FG online tournament
Speaking of that, lemme check the Sonic one..

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
People like seeing big numbers nowadays. Those numbers give them a sense of pride and accomplishment. Signifies that they're no longer a scrub. The like/view/whatever count is the essence of what makes our society so addicted to social media. That essence is what drives people to either be really smart or really stupid, to be the best at something, to BE something.

For me, I don't really care if anyone likes/dislikes or even sees my posts. I post what I want I want when and how I do it no matter what. If I'm gonna be left in the dust, so be it. In fact, I kinda like it when I'm in the minority group because it makes me feel a bit more unique. I don't want to be driven by numbers or trends or "the next big thing:" I want to be driven by my own free will.

Huh, hope that didn't sound too touchy. Just stating my opinion on social media

P.S. Capitalism is destroying our society

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*eats 4 chicken tacos*

Still talking about the same?

*goes to Steelixland again*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Got done watching the movie and I've got to say I've expected something as horrible as Grown Ups and Eight Crazy Nights. I wouldn't say that it is too much of a complete trainwreck, but it was indeed unfunny and boring. There were a few moments that legit made me chuckle like Duck Hunt being a trophy for the Centipede round and Pac-Man biting his creator's hand (I still think it's a huge middle finger to Ghostly Adventures :troll:).

Though overall, it's something I wouldn't give more than a 3/10 and it wasn't that horrible. I think it's the idea that women are trophies or whatever Tumblr gets offended by that made the reviewers call it the worst thing since Jack and Jill instead of just Sandler's involvement. And my good ol' pal TV Tropes proves that the movie is starting to have some Critical Dissonance where there are many casuals that enjoyed the movie instead of thinking of it as god awful like the critics.

That Smurf joke though. :laugh:

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
I legit forgot Smash Flash 2 was a thing still.

Also I like how they said they are going to update the Dojo regularly yet the last update was two years ago.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
People like seeing big numbers nowadays. Those numbers give them a sense of pride and accomplishment. Signifies that they're no longer a scrub. The like/view/whatever count is the essence of what makes our society so addicted to social media. That essence is what drives people to either be really smart or really stupid, to be the best at something, to BE something.

For me, I don't really care if anyone likes/dislikes or even sees my posts. I post what I want I want when and how I do it no matter what. If I'm gonna be left in the dust, so be it. In fact, I kinda like it when I'm in the minority group because it makes me feel a bit more unique. I don't want to be driven by numbers or trends or "the next big thing:" I want to be driven by my own free will.

Huh, hope that didn't sound too touchy. Just stating my opinion on social media

P.S. Capitalism is destroying our society
I love minority, that's why I support actively paper mario, love the series and idc about majority :)

What I don't like is getting into majority without smart reasons... :)

D

Deleted member

I legit forgot Smash Flash 2 was a thing still.

Also I like how they said they are going to update the Dojo regularly yet the last update was two years ago.
The dojo...

They were always off and on with it. Not a lot of stuff "revealed" is going to be in the game anyway. For example, the Phoenix Wright Objection trap items are not in the game, and battle cards were confirmed to be scrapped.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speak of the devil, people are already talking about Tumblr soon as I've mentioned it. Can't tell if prediction or coincidence.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Tumblr is a scarier website than the imageboards I go to, how they do it is something I wouldn't be able to understand.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Got done watching the movie and I've got to say I've expected something as horrible as Grown Ups and Eight Crazy Nights. I wouldn't say that it is too much of a complete trainwreck, but it was indeed unfunny and boring. There were a few moments that legit made me chuckle like Duck Hunt being a trophy for the Centipede round and Pac-Man biting his creator's hand (I still think it's a huge middle finger to Ghostly Adventures :troll:).

Though overall, it's something I wouldn't give more than a 3/10 and it wasn't that horrible. I think it's the idea that women are trophies or whatever Tumblr gets offended by that made the reviewers call it the worst thing since Jack and Jill instead of just Sandler's involvement. And my good ol' pal TV Tropes proves that the movie is starting to have some Critical Dissonance where there are many casuals that enjoyed the movie instead of thinking of it as god awful like the critics.

That Smurf joke though. :laugh:
Pixels, eh? I'm in the group that believes the movie is so bad it's good.
The actor for Ludlow should get a Grammy award :grin:
I love minority, that's why I support actively paper mario, love the series and idc about majority :)

What I don't like is getting into majority without smart reasons... :)
This might be out of the blue, but are you a critic when it comes to games/movies/shows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom