• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
its like
i want something from specific media i enjoy heavily, but i can never find that exact thing
and im not good enough at drawing to do it myself.
i did draw one my favorite anime character and put as my avatar in all is brawl. I barely login there anyway.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i-i dunno their gender and it'd feel rude to say he/she and for me to get it wrong ;_;
Just click on their name, dude.
It's a she btw.

Also still note that when I say guy, dude, or man I'm not saying you're a guy. It's just force of habit. :4charizard:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
It's a she btw.

Also still note that when I say guy, dude, or man I'm not saying you're a guy. It's just force of habit. :4charizard:
oh i know lol.
but some people (like grass) put up a random one so i wasnt sure.

i call erryone dude so its all good :4pacman:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Journalistic is fine. I actually meant just in general such as thinking and observing like a critic.
I don't have a much time on my hands to write down a long review of Kingdom Hearts or Batman Arkham Knight, but I can pinpoint the things that make it good and bad while I'm playing/watching. Its good to have keen intelligent eyes as well as an open mind. I thought you gave off that impression with your posts.

It's definelty gonna be one of the legendary worst movies of all time in my book (right next to Space Transformers and The Last Airbender).
Smosh and Five Nights at Freddy's might be a bit more legendary, though (if they come out ofc)
I just am extremely critical because I am really picky in life anyway.

Like, I obsesse on paper mario because it is the only series that nailed my tastes THIS much.

Meaning I could write a huge essay on that, but I can write lengthy stuff for very small stuff.

For example, there's a very specific reasons (related to adhd and concentration) that I just hate random encounters in ANY rpg. Only a few like pokemon (because repels) are bearable, but most are just I can't. Tried ff7, couldn't stand it. Golden sun, Was fine until towards the end (thank god they were fast paced).

But I LOVED chrono trigger, earthbound and of course pm64 and TTYD, but these uses fixed encounters.

I never tried a system that could possibly alleviate that issue, because it just isn't possible, you can just reduce it.

Stuff like that, I'm very known here to be exhaustive, almost as much as being the paper mario guy tbh :)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
It does make me happy that an IRC is being discussed / considered, though. :D

So if we had the 'like' counter turned off you'd be fine because it's just imaginary karma points, right? You'd be the minority I'd say, because otherwise people wouldn't be arguing against me on the sheer point of "the social thread visitors having a revolt over it".
I use the word addiction for that reason. It isn't essential for survival and it can warp the way you act.

Sorry for having a basic studied background on human chemical "psychology". Something at least most people who work in social environments require a grasp of.
Woah, there's no need for the sarcasm in that last line (if I interpret correctly) :(

Oh no, not at all. You misunderstand me.
I rather like likes.
Additionally, I do know they can create unhealthy social habits.

That was interesting. I think I just changed my opinion on things, but I'm not sure, since I had a feeling of self-contradiction before without exploring it.
You've helped me on the way. Thanks. :D

Anyway, you're all good people.
I'm just expressing my view point on it all. I'd definitely act/fight if there was a growing number of the userbase wanting it to be "better", but if it's like as is, it'll stay as is (at least for now, there's no easy/better solution).
<3

I'm glad.

But, there probably is an actual easy / better solution.

My favorite model right now is http://www.coh2.org/
No social thread directly tied to the games sub-forums, no likes, but a karma system for mod/admin approved 'trending' posts, and a shoutbox functioning as the poop posting portion, similar to an IRC. :D

I might also point out that the Project M Social acts differently compared to this one, despite having the same system incentives, which I attribute to the relative maturity of their regulars.

IRC > forums for fast-moving social considerations (up to a size) tbh imo.

Also, a personal, slightly unrelated gripe.

ALL THIS BLANK SPACE IN MY MONITOR ANNOYS ME.
GIVE ME AN easily accessible and intuitive UI OPTION TO EXPAND ALL THE TEXT BOXES TO THE BORDERS OF THE SCREEN, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
i-i dunno their gender and it'd feel rude to say he/she and for me to get it wrong ;_;
It's a she btw.

Uh this is kinda awkward, I'm trans?

Also I still say guys when talking to a group of people in general though, it seems easier that way and everyone knows what you're talking about.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility

Also I still say guys when talking to a group of people in general though, it seems easier that way and everyone knows what you're talking about.
thats not really awkward.
i know like 3 so :drshrug:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Like, I obsesse on paper mario because it is the only series that nailed my tastes THIS much.

Meaning I could write a huge essay on that, but I can write lengthy stuff for very small stuff.

For example, there's a very specific reasons (related to adhd and concentration) that I just hate random encounters in ANY rpg. Only a few like pokemon (because repels) are bearable, but most are just I can't. Tried ff7, couldn't stand it. Golden sun, Was fine until towards the end (thank god they were fast paced).

But I LOVED chrono trigger, earthbound and of course pm64 and TTYD, but these uses fixed encounters.

I never tried a system that could possibly alleviate that issue, because it just isn't possible, you can just reduce it.

Stuff like that, I'm very known here to be exhaustive, almost as much as being the paper mario guy tbh :)
I'm obsessed with Waluigi because in a sense I see him as an overly-exaggerated version of myself.
Not going into it in-depth because you all know when I do I go hard on details. :4pacman:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm obsessed with Waluigi because in a sense I see him as an overly-exaggerated version of myself.
Not going into it in-depth because you all know when I do I go hard on details. :4pacman:
lol, I thought it was the opposite :)

But I honestly do shares a lot of quirkiness that paper mario has.

It's hard to explain, but it's basically, altough I like being logical and analitycal, I need to do some crazy stuff sometime.

That's the way I feel paper mario is and it is why I actually grew to like impersonating him (people did it for me, but I ended up doing it myself :) ).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are the avatars I've used here (featuring the Aspyr character) over the span of one year. I must've improved a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I may need to backup my data in an External HD before trying to install W10...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

There are the avatars I've used here (featuring the Aspyr character) over the span of one year. I must've improved a lot.
The style of 4th one is my favorite, but the colors of the 5th one are the best imo

D

Deleted member

August was NOT this.

It was much cleaner with more space and less thickness.

It was much better that that sample....
I began using that one around August 15 or so. I changed that version's background to plain green later in the year. I also removed the shading.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Keeps reminding me this thread has a diverse set of people whether they were born different or "X happened and Y came out of it". :4dk: I'm in the second one!

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I've had a lot of avatars here, this isn't even all of them anymore.
If they get mad over something like that, they're being petty TBH IMHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[Insert Apache helicopter copypasta and how you should check your vehicle privilege]

D

Deleted member

This was the original version of the second one.. also known as the August version.

Jeez.. I got confused with the avatar.

..still was better before though....

btw, did you ever planned to do a complete artwork of Aspyr?

never saw anything but the head :)
I almost went ahead with that idea with the latest avatar.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Since I saw this popped up, I solved the whole "dudes" thing by not having a social life. Sure, I end up a sad, depressing man, but at least no one gets mad at my word choice (most of the time).

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Well I will be pissed if you called me a he tbh
oh, i dont mean like that.
i just mean the phrase/expression 'dude'. i try to call people the correct thing lol.

people call me he all the time and at this point i dont see a point in correcting them seeing as it happens so often ;_;

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333

I see.

I can be pretty biased myself when it comes to Legend of Zelda and Kingdom Hearts because those were the first games I liked a lot. Music, gameplay, story, and even the Game Over screen were many of the reasons why I liked both games. Ofc I'm not so biased that I don't recognize the bad apples (SS and BBS I'm looking at you) but even for those games I can see the redeeming factors.

I like RPGs, but if they're too menu-heavy (Bravely Default) or too time-consuming (Monster Hunter) I lose interest in them. Random encounters I don't mind too much. The battle mechanics pretty much decide whether or not I'll like or dread them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom