• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Comedy shows are the one thing you can't prolong. They're aren't created by robots, but by humans. Eventually, our dull minds will simply run out of innovative ideas. Unfortunately, TV show producers fail to see that.
That is the main reason why The Simpsons should stop now. There are too many special guest stars, the jokes are not funny, Lisa sucks in fact Lisa episodes are terrible in general.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
I know right? 500+ episodes is enough.. it's time to pull the plug for once. Although it won't, because it still makes money for the network.
I would rather watch Big Bang Theory reruns over that, so it's all good.
The same can be applied with Family Guy. Have you seen the new episodes? It's just a bunch of disgusting gore, bland jokes, and heartless characters. I just feel incomfortable watching a episode of the show.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Eventually, our dull minds will simply run out of innovative ideas.
There's always someone in every generation which says "this is the final advancement of technology, there's no getting past this. It's a zero-sum game from here on out."

_gold_

Smash Master
@ Mr Snakey Mr Snakey Sorry bud, you missed your window of opportunity. We'll play soon!
There's always someone in every generation which says "this is the final advancement of technology, there's no getting past this. It's a zero-sum game from here on out."
Completely different concept. I was talking about a simple TV show, which focuses on a story aches and keeping their audiences entertained. When did technology get mixed in?

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
oi, ive been inspired by Tanga making games and Flight having a cool OC to try and make some... weird character out of sprites.
should be... interesting

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
The only show that I've actually been enjoying has been South Park. It's pretty funny and rather intelligent, basically what The Simpsons was 20 years ago but much more adult and offensive.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The same can be applied with Family Guy. Have you seen the new episodes? It's just a bunch of disgusting gore, bland jokes, and heartless characters. I just feel incomfortable watching a episode of the show.
I've noticed that trend as well. Which is kind of sad since I was a big fan for a while. Now the excitement has worn off.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Yes. They are nothing like they were in the 90s... They have 27 seasons now i think...
*whistles* Speaking of shows that overstay there welcome, how about new Spongebob? Seasons 1-4 was a mine of comedy gold. Seasons 5 and beyond started to go downhill until the show went into a permanent dark age.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
*whistles* Speaking of shows that overstay there welcome, how about new Spongebob? Seasons 1-4 was a mine of comedy gold. Seasons 5 and beyond started to go downhill until the show went into a permanent dark age.
Oh nonononononononononnoNONONON! I can't explain how bad it is... I have not watched it recently but i don't understand it anymore...

Last edited:

Soul.

Season 18 of South Park wasn't enjoyable imo.
The continuity bothered me.

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I'm coming to like exercise; does that make me a masochist???

AeroKitsune

Smash Cadet
He's gonna catch em all cause he's Danny Phantom, he's gonna catch em all cause he's (whispers) Danny phantom.

D

Deleted member

Indeed. I can't stand that one either.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
The only show that I've actually been enjoying has been South Park. It's pretty funny and rather intelligent, basically what The Simpsons was 20 years ago but much more adult and offensive.
I have not watch it recently but i have to admit some of the newer episodes are actually really funny.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Prepare yourselves. :4myfriends:

I just got back from a public match of Zombies. Now normally I don't play public matches because I prefer voice coordination when playing (And everyone in public matches are jerks) but my friends were busy. The reason why I want to talk about it is because something unexpected happened when I entered the lobby. A decent person who isn't high as **** was on. With a headset to prove it. I was blown out of the water.

But anyways we kept playing with the two others without headsets and I'm going on a thirteen round streak without falling and this girl would randomly throw compliments my way as we played. She would help me if I asked for it and even stood by my side on the last round- being 23.

She then said, "that was fun! I hope we play again sometime!"

And I'm sitting there like a jackass all flustered and **** because I don't even get treated that nice in real life and mumbled,
blushy_link_by_sovietlynx-d6ivygy-1.png

"Uhh.... me too..."

Take notes, public players. Take notes...

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
I've noticed that trend as well. Which is kind of sad since I was a big fan for a while. Now the excitement has worn off.
I think that happens to all comedy shows eventually. Like @ _gold_ _gold_ said the minds of the writers eventually run out of ideas and we're left with a bland, unfunny show with nothing funny or creative about it.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Completely different concept. I was talking about a simple TV show, which focuses on a story aches and keeping their audiences entertained. When did technology get mixed in?
Sorry--I did it again! D:
I often use parts of posts as catalysts for my thought / discussion / etc.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I don't know why i still watch it... there are some... no actually after that review of that episode with domestic abuse i don't know why i still watch it...

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

I just got back from a public match of Zombies. Now normally I don't play public matches because I prefer voice coordination when playing (And everyone in public matches are jerks) but my friends were busy. The reason why I want to talk about it is because something unexpected happened when I entered the lobby. A decent person who isn't high as **** was on. With a headset to prove it. I was blown out of the water.

But anyways we kept playing with the two others without headsets and I'm going on a thirteen round streak without falling and this girl would randomly throw compliments my way as we played. She would help me if I asked for it and even stood by my side on the last round- being 23.

And I'm sitting there like a ******* all flustered and **** because I don't even get treated that nice in real life and mumbled,
View attachment 66649
"Uhh.... me too..."

Story of my life fam :awesome:

apparently fuz

NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Season 18 of South Park wasn't enjoyable imo.
The continuity bothered me.
Season 18 was alright, the whole 'Randy being Lorde' thing was funny to begin with, but it just kept on being dragged on and on like a dead horse.

Another show that you guys should watch is The Boondocks, which finished last year.

AeroKitsune

Smash Cadet

And I'm sitting there like a ******* all flustered and **** because I don't even get treated that nice in real life and mumbled,
View attachment 66649
"Uhh.... me too..."

I know your experiences and I get the rage quitters who quit if I get the wonder weapon or get downed on round 1.

D

Deleted member

South Park is the only animated show I enjoy nowadays. Well, the only season I didn't like was the 18th. The continuity aspect of things feels forced and almost all episdoes weren't that funny. In my opinion, of course.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Oh nonononononononononnoNONONON! I can't explain how bad it is... I have not watched it recently but i don't understand it anymore...
I think the show has lost any chance of redeemability the moment they promoted suicide. It was the episode where Mr. Krabs was dressing up as Pearl if anyone is interested.

Soul.

Season 18 was alright, the whole 'Randy being Lorde' thing was funny to begin with, but it just kept on being dragged on and on like a dead horse.

Another show that you guys should watch is The Boondocks, which finished last year.
I only found like, one or four episodes of that season funny. Especially "Go Fund Yourself"
I can say with confidence that I did not like the PewDiePie episodes.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
South Park is the only animated show I enjoy nowadays. Well, the only season I didn't like was the 18th. The continuity aspect of things feels forced and almost all episdoes weren't that funny. In my opinion, of course.
The Lorde was good i suppose i don't really remember much of it... This is depressing... I hope the Simpsons end already... I don't know why i still watch the new episodes. At one point a few months ago it did almost end at one point where they said that it was going to end at the 27th season that Marge and Homer were going to break up (but that was proven false) and Bart dying at Treehouse of horror. (Dead Bart might become a real thing)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I see.
Well, BIS is the one that I started with, and now I love the series and have played every game.
It's a great game.
That's what I've heard. Right now I'm still in the beginning portion, but hopefully it'll ramp up soon.

D

Deleted member

The Lorde was good i suppose i don't really remember much of it... This is depressing... I hope the Simpsons end already... I don't know why i still watch the new episodes. At one point a few months ago it did almost end at one point where they said that it was going to end at the 27th season that Marge and Homer were going to break up (but that was proven false) and Bart dying at Treehouse of horror. (Dead Bart might become a real thing)
I stopped watching that long, long time ago. I'm sure they'll want it to end on a high note, and what else could it be other than keeping it on life support until the 30th season comes over.

AeroKitsune

Smash Cadet
Waiting for a new gravity falls season after Stanly finds he's long lost brother Standford and Dipper not trusting his sister anymore, the suspense is killing me!!!

apparently fuz

NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
I just want a new season of The Boondocks. That show ended so abruptly, and it irritates me because it was so good.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I only found like, one or four episodes of that season funny. Especially "Go Fund Yourself"
I can say with confidence that I did not like the PewDiePie episodes.
South Park....and PewDiePie?

I've never watched South Park but you've made me curious on what that's all about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom