• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
One time I was curious, and turned the channel to it and saw nothing but tween sitcoms. Bland, boring, annoying sitcoms.
I would comment about the sitcoms from the late 90s - early 2000s but I don't fully know if it's loved, hated, or just mixed.

Silxer

Smash Apprentice
I know this may seem a bit random, but is there actually any cartoons on Disney channel? (Gravity Falls is on Disney XD so it doesn't count) One time I was curious, and turned the channel to it and saw nothing but tween sitcoms. Bland, boring, annoying sitcoms.
As far as I know, no. It seems all of the actual animated shows got moved to Disney XD.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm on my phone right now.

I know this may seem a bit random, but is there actually any cartoons on Disney channel? (Gravity Falls is on Disney XD so it doesn't count) One time I was curious, and turned the channel to it and saw nothing but tween sitcoms. Bland, boring, annoying sitcoms.
Star vs. the Forces of Evil, but that's also on DXD.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Most likely, Aaron McGruder stated in season 2 DVD commentary that the only reason Caesar didn't appear in the earlier seasons was because he didn't have a voice actress that could make a proper pitch. They already had an episode made for Caesar in season 2, but since there wasn't a voice actress available, it wasn't ever set to air that season.
If they couldn't find an appropriate VA, why couldn't they use Regina King? Unless she wouldn't have fit the bill accordingly?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
If they couldn't find an appropriate VA, why couldn't they use Regina King? Unless she wouldn't have fit the bill accordingly?
She already voices Huey and Riley. There is only so much difference in pitch one VA can make.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Most (?) single-camera based sitcoms don't feature them. And they still aren't funny to me. lol
[laugh track]
Why are they laughing?
You don't get it?
No, I don't. What was so funny?
It's okay, man. Nobody does. BUT IT WAS STILL FUNNY, RIGHT? :4dk:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Season 4 of The Boondocks was such a let down. I know that McGruder was working on Black Jesus but season 4 added little after season 3's end.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
They still rerun it in mexico, and funnily enough, my parents are watching it downstairs right now :4pacman:
I remember seeing Fox putting reruns of it, but I wasn't interested in watching it at the time. Also, MEXICANO UNIDOS!!!! (I probably spelled that wrong. Curse my inability to speak my mother tongue correctly)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Season 4 of The Boondocks was such a let down. I know that McGruder was working on Black Jesus but season 4 added little after season 3's end.
Boondocks? Haven't seen that in a while.
Considering the subculture that surrounds me, I understand the show just fine despite me being :4wiifitm: level when it comes to skin.

apparently fuz

NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
She already voices Huey and Riley. There is only so much difference in pitch one VA can make.
Thanks for clearing that up.

And yeah, the way it just ended after Riley doing that race just made it seem...eh.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Is it the Middle School Malcolm era or High School Malcolm era? :4pacman:
middle school :4pacman:

I remember seeing Fox putting reruns of it, but I wasn't interested in watching it at the time. Also, MEXICANO UNIDOS!!!! (I probably spelled that wrong. Curse my inability to speak my mother tongue correctly)
I'm watching it on canal 5, haha

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
bout time.png

Best afternoon gift ever.

But what I'm wondering is which spam.

Oh woody, of course, knock on wood.

I'm honestly more surprised it was't @ FalKoopa FalKoopa tho.

oh well.

119 more to go then I can see Yoshi.

night guys.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
And yeah, the way it just ended after Riley doing that race just made it seem...eh.
Even today, i still can't believe that's how they left season 4. The whole season seemed like needless filler that just fed fans while Black Jesus was being made.

Speaking of Black Jesus, I wasn't a real fan of the show.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I guess since we arent talking about Adventure Time or Gravity Falls i dont have anything to contribute to this convo so... Cya?

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Has anyone watched Malcolm in the Middle?

apparently fuz

NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Even today, i still can't believe that's how they left season 4. The whole season seemed like needless filler that just fed fans while Black Jesus was being made.

Speaking of Black Jesus, I wasn't a real fan of the show.
Haven't seen Black Jesus yet.

And speaking of sitcoms, did anybody watch Everybody Hates Chris? I really enjoyed that show.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait. There's more eras of Malcolm in the the Middle?!
The first few seasons revolve around Malcom in his middle school days, which I believe ends in Season 4 when Malcolm goes to High School and has become a depressed emo kid at the Zoo until something (can't remember) changes his mind.

I remember that episode out of all the others. :4pacman:

middle school :4pacman:
Sweet. If they're deep enough into the arc they can hear the voice cracks.
Speaking of voice cracks, I think the most voice cracks goes to the episode where Malcolm discovers that his female friend happens to have big, uh, :4jigglypuff:s if you catch my drift, and Reese wants to get grabby times with them.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Haven't seen Black Jesus yet.

And speaking of sitcoms, did anybody watch Everybody Hates Chris? I really enjoyed that show.
I vaguely remember that show.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom