• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
*Sees Vanilla has been cast. 7 out of 9 roles remaining. 12 days until deadline*
*Anticipation anticipates*
It was released in January. I don't know if it's still active (though I don't know how often the original SMBZ videos were released either)

Nintendo took down his Patreon, iirc.
This is really late, but...

Screenshot_2016-06-17-17-44-10-1.png

Alvin is still working on it. There's no indication on his Twitter that he's going to cancel. He's salty at times, but he's hanging in there.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ok FalKoopa FalKoopa since I am way too hype with the TTYD sfx I put, I am jsut goign to list them and possibly their number in the pack, the reason is if you want the same thing, you could just download the pack on sound ressources and use the one I am going to tell you so let's start :)

Starting cinnamon is sfx number 553 and 554 that I mixed together and I made some enhancement to remove the clipping which was slightly annoying. 553 is the tone itself, but 554 is a bit of echo so I had to combine them together. The tone is when you press start on ttyd or select a file I thinl it plays a little tone as the curtains comes and get removed. It's a nice welcomming tone so I used it as my login sound :)

Leaving cinnamon, this is a bit more complicated for you to obtain, but it's the game over music that I made it looped only once with no fade out. To get this, you need an extract sound folder of the TTYD disc and vgmstream. What you want to do is go to the /sound/stream folder and do the command wine vgmstream -f 0.0 -l 1.0 -o btl_die_32k.wav btl_die1_32k.stm and this will create a wav file of the same name with one loop and no fade out. The game over music sounds slightly sad and degrades, kinda fitting for a leaving music :)

Seitching worksspace is pretty simple, it;s the sound when you switch opentions in the menu. at least the partner menu, if you switch, it plays this sound which was fitting for switchign workspace and it can be repeated safely. Sfx number is 1037.

Opening window, this one I was sceptical because you open window so much it might irritate you, but I found one that I LOOOOOOOVE. it's the sfx that plays when a new item appears in TTYD, say you hammer a box and an item appear, that;s the sfx that plays. It's very forward and short, it;s jsut perfect, I love it everytime I open a window :) sfx number is 903.

Closing window, another one of my favorite, it;s the enemy dying sfx, you know that sfx that plays when an enemy dies? Well I put it as closing window cause it jsut sounds cute like the window died :) sfx number is 957.

Minimising window, this was a tough choice because not only this is the sound that plays when you minimise, but also when you "deminimise" the window. So I had to find a neutral sfx that woudl fit bot and I actually found one, the 1077. You know the little sfx that plays on sucessfull action commands along with the words NICE and stuff? Well, because of this, there';s 5 of them each of them sounding more forware than the previous one. I picked the EXCELLENT one naturally becuase it was the most rich. The reasons is fits is it just sounds funny, it;s like "yay the window is hidden!" or soemthing and it does feel the same when you deminimise it. I coudl have used the lucky sfx, but that one was a bit too loud for my likings.

Maximising is 1053 and unmaximising is 1052 and these are when a mechanical textbox appear and disappear respectively. The idea here is simple, in TTYD, a mechanical textbox usually means a computer or machine talking or a speaker, anythign phisiscally not organic or human if you want. These textbox has the feel that soemthing mechanic or electronic is talking basically. I put these because well when I am maximising a window, the window is mechanical and it takes the screen, same when it is leaving that position, so I felt it was pretty fitting.

Tiling and snapping, this is my favorite choice and it HAD to be the stylish one, number 1030. this.....almost legendary sfx to me (it is legit one of my favorite of the series) plays everytime you do a stylish and the thign about it is, it really has that feel you did something cool, but completely uneeded, and it;s just fun. Tiling and snapping is basically when you snap window to either of the 4 corners or on the sides of the screen. the idea behind is that it looks cool and magical, kind of like presing a and rolling on the floor (I freakign love this one!). So everytime you are tilling, you are like "OHHHHHHH!" and i love this!

Plugging and unplugging a device were a give, the old pm64 badge equip and unequip sfx which went unused in the TTYD disk. Thjey are respectively 1032 and 1033. The idea is really self explanatory, but if you reslly want to know, equipping a badge is like "attaching" the device and unequipping it is like "detaching" it and for why the pm64 one, they are slightly lopnger and more interesting then the TTYD one.

The last one you coudl ahve pick a lot of short sfx, but for volume changed, I picked the text page advance sfx. You hear it so much when you read that you quickly get used to it (and it sounds adorable btw :) ). It's shjort enough that I don;t get much clipping if I let go my mouse wheel at a respectable rate and it just is fine for testing volume. I don;t use much software control unless to reduce app volume because I have an amp, but I foudn this fiiting.

There you have it fal, to get them the exact way, jsut get the sound ressources pack of TTYD, and I already agve you the file I used. I recommend to put them in /usr/share/sounds because......it makes sense (/usr/ is for universal system ressources if you didn't know that).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Did someone say Monster Hunter

I'm grinding Deviljho missions in 3U with a friend because he needs 1 gem and I've gotten 3 gems so far while he's gotten none, it's pretty funny

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I never really understood the concept of Monster Hunter. You're dealing with creatures that can take a massive amount of time to take down, and yet they can crush you in a matter of seconds.

Of course, I never did study the Monster Hunter series enough to understand the game mechanics.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I have a 12 hole Ocarina. I've practiced playing Pure Imagination, Song of Time/Double/Inverted Time, Saria's Song, and even Winter Hymnal. After I was done and decided to check on Smashboards, only 30 minutes had passed.
Why you no work, Song of Double Time :urg:
Did someone say Monster Hunter

I'm grinding Deviljho missions in 3U with a friend because he needs 1 gem and I've gotten 3 gems so far while he's gotten none, it's pretty funny

The Lagi set and the Brachy set..... never again.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I sense some Fiery dislike in here. I love em all personally.
that being said I've never used em all. :V

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Please, we all know the Water starters are the Master Race.

That includes Popplio. Popplio is awesome.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Okay let's see how I'm standing in my auditions....
*Checks SM64 Machinima Fandub* This guy... 2 upvotes... doesn't sound anything like Luigi. And I got a comment from the project creator. I might seal the deal....
*Checks Mario vs Inklings SFM* *Sees uberwinfrey*

My :luigimelee: got destroyed by his :4luigi:
Please don't audition for fandub Please don't audition for fandub Please don't audition for fandub
Eww Charizards.:155:
Eww Cyndaquils. :4charizard:
Guys Guys!

'Nuff said.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Okay let's see how I'm standing in my auditions....
*Checks SM64 Machinima Fandub* This guy... 2 upvotes... doesn't sound anything like Luigi. And I got a comment from the project creator. I might seal the deal....
*Checks Mario vs Inklings SFM* *Sees uberwinfrey*

My :luigimelee: got destroyed by his :4luigi:
Please don't audition for fandub Please don't audition for fandub Please don't audition for fandub

Guys Guys!

'Nuff said.
but it isn't one of these two.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Looks like this calls for a super objection.....
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=8248054
View attachment 110461
No fire type has this many stuff named after him. No fire type has dominated X and Y as much as he has. It's clear who the fan favorite is. Therefore,

YOUR POINTS ARE INVALID!
If he was clearly the fan favorite, then why does Charizard have *two* Mega Evolutions?

As a matter of fact, the only other Pokemon who has recieved two Mega Evolutions would be Mewtwo. Mewtwo is also a rather popular Pokemon. Granted, Charizard might not be as good as Blaziken competitively, but it's pretty clear who the most popular Fire starter is, you're just too blind to see it.

Routa

Smash Lord
BOW BEFORE THE TRUE MASTER OF FIRE TYPES!!!

Technically he is a starter in next gen... You know... 'Cause RotomDex.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
If he was clearly the fan favorite, then why does Charizard have *two* Mega Evolutions?

As a matter of fact, the only other Pokemon who has recieved two Mega Evolutions would be Mewtwo. Mewtwo is also a rather popular Pokemon. Granted, Charizard might not be as good as Blaziken competitively, but it's pretty clear who the most popular Fire starter is, you're just too blind to see it.

This is canon in Pokemon. This battle did make a lot of Charizard fans salty, but Blaziken's popularity rose sharply after. Blaziken only really needs one Mega evolution to combat Pokemon. The only reason why Charizard has two Mega Evolutions....

Is because he needs them to make up for his rather simplistic and inferior design!

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Holy guacamole, it's been ages since I last went on here.
How's everyone doing?
I see the thread has been active so 7.0 might become a reality soon enough. :b:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346

This is canon in Pokemon. This battle did make a lot of Charizard fans salty, but Blaziken's popularity rose sharply after. Blaziken only really needs one Mega evolution to combat Pokemon. The only reason why Charizard has two Mega Evolutions....

Is because he needs them to make up for his rather simplistic and inferior design!

As I said, Charizard is definitely not the best Fire Starter competitively. As I also said, Mewtwo also has two Mega Evolutions. Mewtwo is already one of the best Pokemon out there without a Mega Evolution. Charizard is also still a rather popular Pokemon, and so is Mewtwo. I will not deny that Blaziken is better, stat wise. However, is he more popular than Charizard? I doubt that.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I almost just spammed the "OBJECTION!" image over and over, but then I remembered this isn't the DR so count yourselves lucky.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333

As I said, Charizard is definitely not the best Fire Starter competitively. As I also said, Mewtwo also has two Mega Evolutions. Mewtwo is already one of the best Pokemon out there without a Mega Evolution. Charizard is also still a rather popular Pokemon, and so is Mewtwo. I will not deny that Blaziken is better, stat wise. However, is he more popular than Charizard? I doubt that.

Mewtwo is a "mewt" point since he's in a completely different category of Pokemon. However, this is as far as our evidence goes.
*cue music*
b&c.jpg

Blaziken and Charizard are both very loved Pokemon for various reasons. This argument about their popularity could go on for ages and ages. But there is one thing we can agree on: that battle from the anime was one of the dumbest fights of all time reminded us how much we all love Pokemon. Putting fire against fire, Dragon vs Bird, Dragon Rage vs Flamethrower- that is something only Pokemon has done. Let us take a moment to appreciate the wonders GameFreak has fueled our imaginations with.
And the fact that Blaziken is one of the best Fire type Pokemon out there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom