• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Hey, look on the bright side, some good things came out of this game.
Like that tweet from the Sonic the Hedgehog account and the "anime fan on prom night" meme.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
*Looks up Trailer for Mighty No 9*
*34k dislikes to 4k likes*
*(Extremely) angry Kickstarter backers and anime fans in comments*
RIP in pieces Keji Inafune

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*Looks up Trailer for Mighty No 9*
*34k dislikes to 4k likes*
*(Extremely) angry Kickstarter backers and anime fans in comments*
RIP in pieces Keji Inafune
This Game Over never get old I swear.
Rest In Spaghetti Inafune.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Inafune isn't even bothering with damage control. If his statement about Mighty No. 9's release being "better than nothing" is anything to go by.

He has given up.

Leave it to Sonic Twitter to drive the point in.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Inafune isn't even bothering with damage control. If his statement about Mighty No. 9's release being "better than nothing" is anything to go by.

He has given up.

Leave it to Sonic Twitter to drive the point in.
I just looked on the Mighty No 9 page.
...It only gets worse....

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just looked on the Mighty No 9 page.
...It only gets worse....
I should really make a drawning of Joketrap.
JokesTrap.jpg
With Beck on a chair and Joketrap looking at him with those eyes and say:
- My child, I am not happy with this.
And Beck being scarred as ****.
Edit: Oh, and with this music in the background.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
So I auditioned for this..... FMA "Abridged" project today...... if you want to know why..... I'm typing like this.....
check it out here....
.....enjoy.....

*snickers*

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This does make me wonder what will happen to Red Ash now.

Will Inafune and Comcept bother with those?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I auditioned for this..... FMA "Abridged" project today...... if you want to know why..... I'm typing like this.....
check it out here....
.....enjoy.....

*snickers*
If you don't mind me saying this, I think you should audition for Edward Elric and Mustang as well, I think your voice is more fitting for those two.

Not that your gruffy take on Führer Bradley wasn't good. I think that one was better.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
If you don't mind me saying this, I think you should audition for Edward Elric and Mustang as well, I think your voice is more fitting for those two.

Not that your gruffy take on Führer Bradley wasn't good. I think that one was better.
Mustang huh? I'll see about that.
And yeah, I agree. I was trying so hard not to laugh when I did it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I just watched the final boss out of curiosity... No, Inafune, giving the final boss tons of HP doesn't makes it challenging, it makes it time consuming and tedious.
A boss with a massive amount of HP can still be very deadly for your party though, so it's a double whammy type of situation when you think it over.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333

>ther
>A AcXel
>THER

****ing kill me plz.

You missed one.

>lapsed, as a result of her Xel deterioration.

NO PERIOD IS SUPPOSED TO GO AFTER A DEPENDENT CLAUSE, PEOPLE!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

>ther
>A AcXel
>THER

****ing kill me plz.
Waitwaitwait.

DX9? In 2016? Really? They didn't even use current APIs for making the game, meaning the game can't advantage of any improvements in DirectX since freaking 2004. It can theoretically run on Windows XP, in fact. How high did they set the bar again?

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Waitwaitwait.

DX9? In 2016? Really? They didn't even use current APIs for making the game, meaning the game can't advantage of any improvements in DirectX since freaking 2004. It can theoretically run on Windows XP, in fact. How high did they set the bar again?
DX9? I didn't even notice that. Now that I think about it.....

OH MY GOD THE GRAPHICS DO LOOK THAT BAD. F-F-FOUR M-M-M-MILLION DOLLARS..... for a decade old engine....

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
Waitwaitwait.

The bar was set in the fiery depths of hell next to the level design of Desert Bus from Penn and Teller's Smoke and Mirrors

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
[citation needed]

The fact that

This exists (on Cartoon Network) AND
This exists (which is looking to be a significant improvement over the previous 3DS title Shattered Crystal)

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
On itself the typos aren't bad, that happens more often ('the miracle never happen', anyone?), but it's another thing to add to the huge pile of reasons that shows this game has been nothing more but a huge middle fingers to the backers and Mega Man fans.

I wonder if Inafune will ever make another game, maybe he should use a pseudonym.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think what happened was Inafune stretched himself too thin - instead of just focusing on Mighty Mo 9's game, he also focused on the anime, then Red Ash, then Red Ash's anime - and he got tired and disillusioned with what he was doing, and finally just gave up out of frustration.

It was probably then that they scrapped and remade MN9 from scratch and we got the half-baked (half-'Beck'ed? :p) end result.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
"Its better then nothing"

Is the equivalent of

"**** you and your support"
I just imagined hearing that in Jontron's voice. Which is perfectly fitting in this case.
On itself the typos aren't bad, that happens more often ('the miracle never happen', anyone?), but it's another thing to add to the huge pile of reasons that shows this game has been nothing more but a huge middle fingers to the backers and Mega Man fans.

I wonder if Inafune will ever make another game, maybe he should use a pseudonym.
You know, this made me think back to Inafune's first video made on Mighty No 9: a sales pitch. Originally thought to be heartfelt and nostalgic,
It's really just bittersweet. And now the ending to said video takes on a whole completely different meanig.

But what's so funny about all this? It's the fact that despite all the reviews and the project's underwhelming result....

I still want to play the game. One, it doesn't look like total crap. Two, The dash mechanic actually looks pretty fun to mess with compared to the electric shield mechanic from Gunvolt (which I felt was a bit tedious).
Third, It houses the Megaman spirit, and though it's walls and living conditions don't do it enough justice to be worth $4 million, it still has a blue guy shooting pellets and taking enemy weapons. Because of that, I'll get my hands on the game....

Buuuuuuuut I'll wait for someone to "leak the game out for free."

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You would think that after E3 is done, things would quiet down.
And when Nintendo Direct arrives... more hype will burst.

And whenever I watch a Top Ten Difficult Languages To Learn... Chinese will always be on this list...

But Watch Mojo did say one thing right, learning Chinese will not only be endless but it will drag you to the depths of hell.

Chinese have tons of dialects, even though Mandarin is the official one you even have pick Simplified or Traditional Chinese...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And when Nintendo Direct arrives... more hype will burst.

And whenever I watch a Top Ten Difficult Languages To Learn... Chinese will always be on this list...

But Watch Mojo did say one thing right, learning Chinese will not only be endless but it will drag you to the depths of hell.

Chinese have tons of dialects, even though Mandarin is the official one you even have pick Simplified or Traditional Chinese...

These videos always drive me up a wall. :laugh:
  • Their biggest objection to Korean were all flimsy. A different alphabet and sentence structure are to be expected when learning a new language.If you can't even handle that much, language learning is not for you.
  • "Make reasonable choices"- That's not even written in Sanskrit. It's literally "Make reasonable choices" written in that script, not even translated, just the English words written in Devanagari script. :facepalm:
  • Speaking (or at least pronouncing) Japanese is infinitely easier than writing it.
  • Not words, letters have four different shapes depending on their placement in Arabic.
  • >Dutch is hard.
  • The main difficulty for Chinese are the tones indeed, which is alien to most people who know an Indo-European language. The grammar is extremely simple though.
Well, that's my rant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom