• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just thought of a sweet Pokémon who could actually use a Mega Evolution: Arbok.

Intimidate → M.E. → Coil →Gunk Shot

It'd be especially awesome if he got the Dark-Typing for STAB Sucker Punch, while also getting a kick*** typing, and either the ability Moxie, Shed Skin, or the new ability Stakeout.

I feel like that could be a serious threat.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Zangoose and Seviper could use mega evolutions too. Mega Zangoose would become a Normal/Fighting-type, while Mega Seviper would become a Poison/Dark-type, and gain the Poison Touch ability.

Of course, Seviper does have one problem in that the only way it can get Sucker Punch is from a move tutor in Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver.

Routa

Smash Lord
I'm just here waiting nah boi Claydol getting a mega form. You know... Now with even more clay.

But seriously Claydol could use a mega. It has horrible typing for a such a wall and screen setter.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm just here waiting nah boi Claydol getting a mega form. You know... Now with even more clay.

But seriously Claydol could use a mega. It has horrible typing for a such a wall and screen setter.
Claydol can also take advantage of Power Trick and be a physical attacker, though this will leave it with a weaker defense stat.

Routa

Smash Lord
Claydol can also take advantage of Power Trick and be a physical attacker, though this will leave it with a weaker defense stat.
That is indeed true, but that is really hard to set up. You pretty much need to have TR up and everyone knows that using TR is not the best idea in singles. Doubles is another thing ofc. But yeah Claydol is mainly used as a screen setter. Too bad Bronzong is pretty much a upgrade due to better typing. Yeah he lacks the Rapid Spin, but eh... at least he can use Gyro Ball to kill fairies. Yeah Claydol gets it too, but he lacks the speed stat and stab bonus to be good.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Zangoose and Seviper could use mega evolutions too. Mega Zangoose would become a Normal/Fighting-type, while Mega Seviper would become a Poison/Dark-type, and gain the Poison Touch ability.

Of course, Seviper does have one problem in that the only way it can get Sucker Punch is from a move tutor in Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver.
I agree a lot with this. With Immunity, Zangoose can safely switch in on Toxic Spikes and Poison-inflicting attacks, like Toxic. With added Fighting-Typing, it gets a powerful STAB Close Combat, and a resistance to Rocks, which means SR isn't an issue, although Talonflame is now a counter to it. An ability for it to get though depends. I personally would give it Fur Coat to compliment Close Combat, while also giving it bulk against Talonflame, or Tough Claws for more powerful Close Combats and Quick Attack. Both abilities also fit Zangoose itself.

In the case of Seviper, I dislike this Pokémon immensely for the anime made him feel like Arbok's replacement. That aside, he could use a Mega as well.

With Shed Skin, I suppose you could shrug off status. With Dark-Typing, he gets one of the best typings. It has only one weakness, and both STABs take out a large group of fearful Pokémon, including Fairies, Ghosts, and so on. The lack of Sucker Punch is saddening but because it can learn Glare, this isn't too big of a problem. Having priority is always nice though, and I feel it could be added to its Movepool, like how Lopunny got High Jump Kick. It basically goes along the same lines as my Mega Arbok idea.

I'll be posting a Mega Sandslash idea that's been stirring in my head later.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I auditioned for Gundham Tanaka from Dangaronpa today. No idea how he sounds, so I just gave him a deep, evil voice. Who knows, I might either be right on the money or a shy away from "why the heck did you give him that ridiculous voice?"

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I auditioned for Gundham Tanaka from Dangaronpa today. No idea how he sounds, so I just gave him a deep, evil voice. Who knows, I might either be right on the money or a shy away from "why the heck did you give him that ridiculous voice?"
That's how he should sound

Sorry for not having been here since April! Just wasn't feeling Smashboards for a while.
But I'm back, yay (if you all remember me)!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I agree a lot with this. With Immunity, Zangoose can safely switch in on Toxic Spikes and Poison-inflicting attacks, like Toxic. With added Fighting-Typing, it gets a powerful STAB Close Combat, and a resistance to Rocks, which means SR isn't an issue, although Talonflame is now a counter to it. An ability for it to get though depends. I personally would give it Fur Coat to compliment Close Combat, while also giving it bulk against Talonflame, or Tough Claws for more powerful Close Combats and Quick Attack. Both abilities also fit Zangoose itself.

In the case of Seviper, I dislike this Pokémon immensely for the anime made him feel like Arbok's replacement. That aside, he could use a Mega as well.

With Shed Skin, I suppose you could shrug off status. With Dark-Typing, he gets one of the best typings. It has only one weakness, and both STABs take out a large group of fearful Pokémon, including Fairies, Ghosts, and so on. The lack of Sucker Punch is saddening but because it can learn Glare, this isn't too big of a problem. Having priority is always nice though, and I feel it could be added to its Movepool, like how Lopunny got High Jump Kick. It basically goes along the same lines as my Mega Arbok idea.

I'll be posting a Mega Sandslash idea that's been stirring in my head later.
For Mega Zangoose, I was more thinking Toxic Boost for its ability. As such, it would actually "want" to be poisoned to further increase its physical attack power.

As for Mega Seviper, giving it Poison Touch would mean that pretty much ANY physical contact attack that it lands will have a chance to poison its target.

In terms of base stats...

Mega Zangoose
HP: 73
Attack: 165
Defense: 70
SP ATK: 60
SP DEF: 70
Speed: 120
Total: 558

Mega Seviper
HP: 73
Attack: 130
Defense: 70
SP ATK: 130
SP DEF: 70
Speed: 85
Total: 558

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I actually scrapped my Mega Sandslash idea because it wasn't working.
For Mega Zangoose, I was more thinking Toxic Boost for its ability. As such, it would actually "want" to be poisoned to further increase its physical attack power.
The issue with this is that for Toxic Boost, you need to be poisoned. Normally this isn't an issue because of Toxic Orb, but Mega Evolutions cannot hold items other then their Mega Stones. Therefore the only ways for Mega Zangoose to get poisoned are very specific. It would only really be viable in Doubles, where Mega Zangoose's Partner can simply poison him. Otherwise, you'll need for Mega Zangoose to switch in on Toxic or on Toxic Spikes. Its a situation that isn't always present. Tough Claws gives Mega Zangoose a bonus to its Physical Attacks- Quick Attack, Close Combat, Shadow Claw, Knock Off-, and with Swords Dance, he has more then enough to sweep.

In short- Tough Claws is more reliable then Toxic Boost.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Can I just say this

Ever Oasis needs to become a hit. It's so adorable. Can you imagine seeing this cute little guy in Smash? I know he's one of my new most wanted.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Can I just say this

Ever Oasis needs to become a hit. It's so adorable. Can you imagine seeing this cute little guy in Smash? I know he's one of my new most wanted.

That's one thing that's drawing in my interest for Ever Oasis: He's ****ing ADORABLE!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The issue with this is that for Toxic Boost, you need to be poisoned. Normally this isn't an issue because of Toxic Orb, but Mega Evolutions cannot hold items other then their Mega Stones. Therefore the only ways for Mega Zangoose to get poisoned are very specific. It would only really be viable in Doubles, where Mega Zangoose's Partner can simply poison him. Otherwise, you'll need for Mega Zangoose to switch in on Toxic or on Toxic Spikes. Its a situation that isn't always present. Tough Claws gives Mega Zangoose a bonus to its Physical Attacks- Quick Attack, Close Combat, Shadow Claw, Knock Off-, and with Swords Dance, he has more then enough to sweep.

In short- Tough Claws is more reliable then Toxic Boost.
Tough Claws may be a bit too powerful when paired alongside a base 165 attack though.

Mega Salamence obviously has bad luck with its attack boost in that it's only a 10 point increase, but considering how Aerilate makes its Double-Edge so dangerous, that's a pretty good reason for why its base attack is only 145.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Tough Claws may be a bit too powerful when paired alongside a base 165 attack though.

Mega Salamence obviously has bad luck with its attack boost in that it's only a 10 point increase, but considering how Aerilate makes its Double-Edge so dangerous, that's a pretty good reason for why its base attack is only 145.
165 Base Attack is overpowered as is. Especially considering it gets STAB CC with Swords Dance. Even Mega Beedrill can't compete with that. Consider also a 120 base Speed on top of that.

That base buff looks like an upgraded Rampardos.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
To be honest, I'm not sure what Pokémon I'd like to get a Mega Evolution...

Honestly have no clue...

*looks at username*

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'll take a guess.

Rapidash.
Only if it's a horse totally made of fire.
Like, if the Human Torch was a horse.
The Horse Torch.

Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof is back? Yay!!

And he probably doesn't even remember me. :awesome:
That depends.

Did you used to have a different username? Your current one isn't ringing any bells, but I don't think I would forgets user from way back in 2013, who has over 6,000 posts.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Can I just say this

Seeing Ever Oasis reminds me of three games: Animal Crossing, Legend of Zelda, and Monster Hunter…
This game is not only adorable but also has potential.
Ever Oasis is adorable. Sucks its only for the 3DS though.
On the contrary I'm glad it's on the 3ds, I don't think Nintendo had ever made another RPG IP since Xenoblade right? And this is also probably the first one that is debuted on a handheld (Minus Pokemon)
At first I saw the black background Nintendo logo, I was expecting a darker RPG (We only see that logo style in XCX trailer…I think). When I saw GREZZO, I only know it's the company that made Mii plazas Flower Garden game.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just watched the Ever Oasis trailer as I wasn't initially interested.

Oh God, why did I miss it before, it's absolutely adorable. It looks Animal Crossing with some city building, and some Monster Hunter mixed in. Wow.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to buy it soon, but I'll happily support it for the NX Smash.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I just thought of a sweet Pokémon who could actually use a Mega Evolution: Arbok.

Intimidate → M.E. → Coil →Gunk Shot

It'd be especially awesome if he got the Dark-Typing for STAB Sucker Punch, while also getting a kick*** typing, and either the ability Moxie, Shed Skin, or the new ability Stakeout.

I feel like that could be a serious threat.
This is pretty dang awesome.

I would love this a lot.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Can I just say this

Mah heart at this cuteness.
Diavolo.jpg

the character reminds me of the Maplestory type of art. and I loved the crap outta that for a while.
I need to see more gameplay of it because I missed it at E3,but it looks like something I would play.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
On the contrary I'm glad it's on the 3ds, I don't think Nintendo had ever made another RPG IP since Xenoblade right? And this is also probably the first one that is debuted on a handheld (Minus Pokemon)
At first I saw the black background Nintendo logo, I was expecting a darker RPG (We only see that logo style in XCX trailer…I think). When I saw GREZZO, I only know it's the company that made Mii plazas Flower Garden game.
The reason why I don't like that its exclusive is cause I don't play 3DS anymore, and it looks like the type of game that'd play better on home consoles, in my opinion.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The reason why I don't like that its exclusive is cause I don't play 3DS anymore, and it looks like the type of game that'd play better on home consoles, in my opinion.
Well Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter have become more... handheld-centric as of late. So may be that was the case here?

Although I'm guessing it's to capitalise on the fact the Japan favours handhelds and this would boost it there.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
165 Base Attack is overpowered as is. Especially considering it gets STAB CC with Swords Dance. Even Mega Beedrill can't compete with that. Consider also a 120 base Speed on top of that.

That base buff looks like an upgraded Rampardos.
Mega Zangoose's defenses would still be rather mediocre though, so anything who outspeeds it (which basically means anything with a base speed better than 120) can potentially wipe it out before it gets anything going. This especially includes Pokemon like Swellow and Talonflame, with the former being able to utilize Guts and Brave Bird. And of course, Mega Lopunny can High Jump Kick it to oblivion as well.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Mega Zangoose's defenses would still be rather mediocre though, so anything who outspeeds it (which basically means anything with a base speed better than 120) can potentially wipe it out before it gets anything going. This especially includes Pokemon like Swellow and Talonflame, with the former being able to utilize Guts and Brave Bird. And of course, Mega Lopunny can High Jump Kick it to oblivion as well.
Taloneflame normally run Adamant because of Gale Wings. This kind of Mega Zangoose would normally run Jolly because of its outrageous base Attack. Therefore in most circumstances, Mega Zangoose, after SD, can OHKO Talonflame easy with Quick Attack. In circumstances involving the rare Jolly Talonflame, switch out to Heatran or something similar. But in the event of one on one, yes Talonflame would win. And on a side note, Talonflame is a total scrub.

As for Mega Lopunny, just catch it in webs and its dead meat.

As for Swellow, I don't know enough about it to testify. However, I know it can also be blocked by Heatran.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I've got something cool to show you guys...

Dubbing Adult Link from the Zelda manga by Akira Himekawa. I saw some fandubs of the manga on YouTube and decided to do my own a-minute-and-a-half take on it. I also included some effects here and there, so it kinda "comes to life." It's my first time editing a video, so the sound levels be a bit unbalanced or the timing of transitions a tiny bit off. Either way, I'm pretty happy with the result.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Hey. So.

Some of you might be curious about the Disco Room. You think, "Why should I get Premium? What sort of advantage do I get from access to a new board?"

Recently, a discussion on human nature occurred in the Disco Room. I created an image in order to contribute to the discussion. I feel that this image represents the core values of the Disco Room, and will inspire a wave of Premium subscriptions.

Here is the image:

Thank you for your time.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've got something cool to show you guys...

Dubbing Adult Link from the Zelda manga by Akira Himekawa. I saw some fandubs of the manga on YouTube and decided to do my own a-minute-and-a-half take on it. I also included some effects here and there, so it kinda "comes to life." It's my first time editing a video, so the sound levels be a bit unbalanced or the timing of transitions a tiny bit off. Either way, I'm pretty happy with the result.
The voice sounds a bit... hazy? (I don't know how to describe it) The part after 0:28 sounded better, imo. Maybe sound less .... breathy? (I hope I'm making sense)

And lol at the Navi voices. :laugh:

Hey. So.

Some of you might be curious about the Disco Room. You think, "Why should I get Premium? What sort of advantage do I get from access to a new board?"

Recently, a discussion on human nature occurred in the Disco Room. I created an image in order to contribute to the discussion. I feel that this image represents the core values of the Disco Room, and will inspire a wave of Premium subscriptions.

Here is the image:

Thank you for your time.
That thread essentially inherited the more weirder traits of the older Smash 4 Social. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom