• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
The gif of Bill throwing a club into the explosive barrels gets me every time.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
*climbs out of grave*

That E3 really impressed me.
And by "that E3," I mean Breath of the Wild.

It was exactly what I was hoping it would be. It looks like a big open-world Triple-A game in the vein of Dark Souls. It makes me really happy to see Nintendo step out of that little circle they've stayed it, separate from the other really big game developers, and make something in the style of the mainstream huge, big-budget games, while still keeping that Nintendo feel to it and not losing their creative touch. This balance of "What everybody else is making" and that Nintendo feeling we all know and love is what they've been needing to do for a long time.
If they keep this balance up with future games (and the NX itself), and really fix up their advertising, I'm sure stand alongside the PlayStation and XBox is the next console wars. By fixing their advertising, I mean stepping away from the stupid commercials that promote Nintendo as "Kids games" with a white family consisting of a mother, father, son, and daughter, and also maybe a dog, sitting on a couch with "wacky" CGI stuff across their living room, with a weird voice-over guy.

Hopefully this is the turning point for Nintendo, turning them around to being taken seriously by the mass market and keeping their unique style while also directly competing with XBox and PS4.

As for my personal thoughts on the game itself, it's stunning and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I've yet to play any Dark Souls games, which I've heard Breath of the Wild looks very similar too, since I don't have an XBox or PS4 as I've been trying to get a PC as my non-Nintendo system, which my dad says he'll get me once I hit certain marks in high school. Due to that, this would be my first experience playing a really big open-world game like this, and I'm so freaking hyped to just ride around this gargantuan world, scale mountains, explore rivers and beaches, and search every nook and cranny of this world!
I got kind of nervous when I heard you guys saying the game won't have any towns, since before E3 I've been worried the big giant world will be full of nothing (a worry which today heavily eased) but then I realized that there would have to be somewhere Link comes from, somewhere he buys his armor, and also that you can see a little group of farmers in the far back during that very trailer at E3 2014.
Then I saw the post where someone said there actually are towns, and I was relieved.

Also Waluigi amiibo is awesome.

ArcGale

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enderores
Not sure if this has been said, but to my relief at least, there will be multiple NPCs and Towns and they were apparently removed to avoid spoilers.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
...and they just specifically said there are towns in the game on stream.
I hate making claims without offering proof, so now that the video is archived, here's where they said that-

Edit: bleh, couldn't get the "link to a specific time in the video" thing to work. It's at 5:36.

"One of the things that you're not seeing here in the E3 version are any towns or any other characters and there's a very specific reason for that. It's because we very specifically here at E3 we don't want to go into story details and character details that might spoil the game for people, so rather than showing that off we're focusing on the E3 version, but I do wanna reassure everyone that there are towns in the game, once you get out in the world you will encounter other people, and you can look forward to finding out more about their stories and the role they play in this adventure."

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I hate making claims without offering proof, so now that the video is archived, here's where they said that-

Edit: bleh, couldn't get the "link to a specific time in the video" thing to work. It's at 5:36.

"One of the things that you're not seeing here in the E3 version are any towns or any other characters and there's a very specific reason for that. It's because we very specifically here at E3 we don't want to go into story details and character details that might spoil the game for people, so rather than showing that off we're focusing on the E3 version, but I do wanna reassure everyone that there are towns in the game, once you get out in the world you will encounter other people, and you can look forward to finding out more about their stories and the role they play in this adventure."

I felt like objecting because it's such a damming piece of evidence.
Speaking of which, I think today would be a good day to work on my Objection! voices....

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
*Sees SJWs complaining on Link not having an option to be female in Breath of the Wild*

Ed Edd n Eddy laugh.jpg

They, they were seriously expecting that to happen? *laughs*

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The new RPG IP on the 3DS... reminds me of Animal Crossing+ Monster Hunter...

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Wait what?

They really started to whine about that?

What the Wa?!
Apparently they wanted that for a while.

Even if Link despite not having a personality still does have an stablished appearance even with all the design changes between games.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Omigosh loving what they've showed of Ever Oasis! More excited about that than anything else at E3 this year in fact!

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Yooooooo Box Boy!!

The first game is actually incredibly fun, glad to see we're getting the sequel over here. :)

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Rewatched Breath of the Wild on YouTube, and it felt like something was missing. One key thing to complete the 3D Zelda experience. And then....

it hit me.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
*Sees SJWs complaining on Link not having an option to be female in Breath of the Wild*

View attachment 109970

They, they were seriously expecting that to happen? *laughs*
Gonna be honest here, does it really matter which body part Link has that they use to take a piss? I mean sure, I would've been alright with a Female Link, but we didn't get a Female Link. That's fine. The game still looks really fun regardless, and I can't wait to play it. But y'know, that's my ****ty opinion.

Tbh, I kinda wish people would just shut the **** up about Female Link. Even as soon as the first trailer happened for this game, people instantly jumped on the Female Link bandwagon and started saying "OMG DEREZ GON B A LADY LONK IN DIS GAEM GAIS!!!!!!!111!!!!11!!".

Also, nice Ed, Edd and Eddy pic. I loved that show so much when I was younger. I need to rewatch the show.

Routa

Smash Lord
he did say he wanted to break away from the normal stuff of zelda and do something new
NO NO NO!
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!
ROLLING IS THE ZELDA GAME!
IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
YOU JUST CANNOT REMOVE IT!
I WONT ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

*hangs himself with a Clawshot*

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Also, I finally beat Birthright recently (I had been playing it on-and-off for the last few months because of school), and I excitedly began playing Conquest.
The game wasted no time at all informing me I actually suck at Fire Emblem. I am on Chapter 10, and the last few levels (which should probably have been easy) have caused me to reset dozens of times.

The only thing keeping me through this is how great Arthur is. Literally the best FE character I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
NO NO NO!
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!
ROLLING IS THE ZELDA GAME!
IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
YOU JUST CANNOT REMOVE IT!
I WONT ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

*hangs himself with a Clawshot*
Oh well. One dead Zelda fan. A million more to go. The rest of us should march the streets surrounding Nintendo saying "We wanna roll! We wanna roll!"

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm still debating on whether or not I'll get Breath of the Wild.

Pokemon news so far is pretty awesome, though. I wonder if they'll get to Tokyo Mirage Sessions or Paper Mario Color Splash in today's stream.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Also, I finally beat Birthright recently (I had been playing it on-and-off for the last few months because of school), and I excitedly began playing Conquest.
The game wasted no time at all informing me I actually suck at Fire Emblem. I am on Chapter 10, and the last few levels (which should probably have been easy) have caused me to reset dozens of times.

The only thing keeping me through this is how great Arthur is. Literally the best FE character I've ever seen.
Yoo, personality wise, Arthur is literally amazing. Him, alongside his child, are quite possibly some of my favorite Fates units for their personalities alone.

Unit-wise, they're pretty solid starting out, late game, they're better used as pair-up units. This might go for Wifi battles as well, but I've only done a few skirmishes with my friend, so I'm kinda new to that and don't know much about that stuff.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Speaking of Link, has anyone else noticed that both in the trailer and the opening moments of the game, the voice says "wake up Link". So basically, BotW will be the first main Zelda game where you cannot rename Link whatever you want.

Personally, I don't think this was a worthy sacrifice for some pretty mediocre voice acting that only appears at a select few points in the game, they could have easily just not mentioned his name and called him "the Hero of X" . It's such a tradition at this stage.

Source:

https://youtu.be/rtZwAGNVjc0?t=1h21m24s

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of Link, has anyone else noticed that both in the trailer and the opening moments of the game, the voice says "wake up Link". So basically, BotW will be the first main Zelda game where you cannot rename Link whatever you want.

Personally, I don't think this was a worthy sacrifice for some pretty mediocre voice acting that only appears at a select few points in the game, they could have easily just not mentioned his name and called him "the Hero of X" . It's such a tradition at this stage.

Source:

https://youtu.be/rtZwAGNVjc0?t=1h21m24s
Link wasn't nameable in Four Swords Adventures or in the GBA port of Four Swords.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Four Swords Adventures.
Literally the only one I haven't played lol.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure Four Swords, at least the DSi remake, had a name entry and presumed Adventures was the same, forgetting they were completely different in many ways.

So, can you even name your file? And is Link refered to as "Link" by the other characters? Google has failed me this time.

Anyway, it's not the biggest deal in the world, but still a tradition that wouldn't have been hard to keep. Even though I would always think of Link as "Link" and his own character (which was why I was opposed to female Link), it was always funny to give him a stupid name and watch the characters refer to him as such. Oh well.

Or maybe this just like the towns and that one line was only added for the E3 demo and I just wasted my time with this post but idk

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Literally the only one I haven't played lol.
I know that feeling. I didn't play FSA until a couple years ago because I rarely heard its existence prior to Zelda's 25th anniversary and forced myself to order a copy off Amazon.
So, can you even name your file? And is Link refered to as "Link" by the other characters? Google has failed me this time.
In FSA, all you have is "Pick a file". That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom