• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
The voice sounds a bit... hazy? (I don't know how to describe it) The part after 0:28 sounded better, imo. Maybe sound less .... breathy? (I hope I'm making sense)

And lol at the Navi voices. :laugh:
The first two clips was just me "testing the waters." The voice didn't really settle in firmly until after I recorded those clips. Still a newbie at this, so I get what you're saying.

I thought about dubbing Navi, but I would end up sounding like Mickey Mouse if I did. :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The Waluigi amiibo will only be available as a bundle with Metroid Prime: Federation Force for no good reason.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Taloneflame normally run Adamant because of Gale Wings. This kind of Mega Zangoose would normally run Jolly because of its outrageous base Attack. Therefore in most circumstances, Mega Zangoose, after SD, can OHKO Talonflame easy with Quick Attack. In circumstances involving the rare Jolly Talonflame, switch out to Heatran or something similar. But in the event of one on one, yes Talonflame would win. And on a side note, Talonflame is a total scrub.
There is one problem with Talonflame though, and that's the fact that even with Gale Wings, it still needs speed EV investment if it expects to strike before anyone else with +1 priority attacks, and this does include stuff like the Prankster ability as well. If Whimsicott outspeeds Talonflame, it can end up ruining Talonflame's day by using Worry Seed to replace Gale Wings with Insomnia. That's something that Talonflame can't afford to happen, even if it's able to easily defeat Whimsicott.

On a side note, giving Talonflame the Sharp Beak item would help Brave Bird pack a bit more power than normal, which can help it secure KOs more easily.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There is one problem with Talonflame though, and that's the fact that even with Gale Wings, it still needs speed EV investment if it expects to strike before anyone else with +1 priority attacks, and this does include stuff like the Prankster ability as well.
That's... Not really Talonflame's issue. That's an issue in general. Most Pokémon need a good EV setup to preform at its best. Not like its difficult to EV train in this generation.

Gale Wings builds Talonflame. Without it, Talonflame wouldn't be as overused as it is now.
If Whimsicott outspeeds Talonflame, it can end up ruining Talonflame's day by using Worry Seed to replace Gale Wings with Insomnia. That's something that Talonflame can't afford to happen, even if it's able to easily defeat Whimsicott.
Switching Pokémon removes Worry Seed's effect, so that would've been a wasted effort on Whimsicott because its not surviving a Brave Bird.
On a side note, giving Talonflame the Sharp Beak item would help Brave Bird pack a bit more power than normal, which can help it secure KOs more easily.
I prefer Choice Band or Life Orb. It give Talonflame an all around boost for all of its attacks, including Flare Blitz and U-Turn.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter have become more... handheld-centric as of late. So may be that was the case here?

Although I'm guessing it's to capitalise on the fact the Japan favours handhelds and this would boost it there.
That's right, 3ds is still a boom in Japan.
I just watched the Ever Oasis trailer as I wasn't initially interested.

Oh God, why did I miss it before, it's absolutely adorable. It looks Animal Crossing with some city building, and some Monster Hunter mixed in. Wow.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to buy it soon, but I'll happily support it for the NX Smash.
You thought the same as me...
Animal Crossing + Monster Hunter + Legend of Zelda RPG? There's no reason for this game to get bad.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Gale Wings builds Talonflame. Without it, Talonflame wouldn't be as overused as it is not.
Even so, speed can't be neglected when you have other increased priority moves and abilities to watch out for. And of course, Extreme Speed and Fake Out always get the first strike.

Switching Pokémon removes Worry Seed's effect, so that would've been a wasted effort on Whimsicott because its not surviving a Brave Bird.
Switching can be a problem if Talonflame is your only safe counter against a certain threat. It's the bane of Mega Blaziken, but without Gale Wings, it risks getting crushed by Stone Edge. The last thing you want is to switch Pokemon, only to see it get annihilated, which can put you in an even deeper hole if that specific Pokemon is needed later on.

I prefer Choice Band or Life Orb. It give Talonflame an all around boost for all of its attacks, including Flare Blitz and U-Turn.
The Talonflame that I have utilizes Brave Bird, Flare Blitz, Swords Dance, and Roost. Swords Dance covers the attack boost, so I gave it Sharp Beak so that Brave Bird has that extra power to go alongside Swords Dance, while still having access to Flare Blitz whenever it's needed. Roost simply heals off any recoil damage that it takes.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Even so, speed can't be neglected when you have other increased priority moves and abilities to watch out for. And of course, Extreme Speed and Fake Out always get the first strike.
I never said neglect its Speed. If you're not building into its Speed, then that just goes back to the general issue again. You didn't build it correctly. Every Talonflame should have 252 EVs in Speed because a base Speed of 126 should be utilized. Especially because Talonflame is kind of squishy.

That being said, having a Jolly nature on top of that is overkill, in my opinion. An Adamant nature makes Brave Bird harder, and combined with Choice Band, can deal really, REALLY nasty damage. With priority. Its disgusting.
Switching can be a problem if Talonflame is your only safe counter against a certain threat.
It's the bane of Mega Blaziken, but without Gale Wings, it risks getting crushed by Stone Edge. The last thing you want is to switch Pokemon, only to see it get annihilated, which can put you in an even deeper hole if that specific Pokemon is needed later on.
This is playing under the mindset that you want to 6/0 an opponent. Sometimes you're going to need to sacrifice a Pokémon in order to win the fight. And that's not always the case either. If Mega Blaziken comes out, that Stone Edge was practically spelled out. So just switch out to something that can tank it, then if you want to risk it, switchback to Talonflame to tank the inevitable Flare Blitz/Low Kick. Then scare it with Brave Bird, or predict its switch with U-Turn.

The entire scenario is way too situational though. I've never seen anyone use Worry Seed Whimsicott or Mega Blaziken with Stone Edge before. For Blaxiken its an understandable change. For Whimsicott, that's a REALLY touchy move, and there's not a whole lot of justification in using Worry Seed over blank.
The Talonflame that I have utilizes Brave Bird, Flare Blitz, Swords Dance, and Roost. Swords Dance covers the attack boost, so I gave it Sharp Beak so that Brave Bird has that extra power to go alongside Swords Dance, while still having access to Flare Blitz whenever it's needed. Roost simply heals off any recoil damage that it takes.
Pretty solid. I build Talonflame with either Choice Band or Sitrus Berry. In fact, defensive Acro-Gale (Bulk Up variant) is one of my favorite sets on Talonflame.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I never said neglect its Speed. If you're not building into its Speed, then that just goes back to the general issue again. You didn't build it correctly. Every Talonflame should have 252 EVs in Speed because a base Speed of 126 should be utilized. Especially because Talonflame is kind of squishy.

That being said, having a Jolly nature on top of that is overkill, in my opinion. An Adamant nature makes Brave Bird harder, and combined with Choice Band, can deal really, REALLY nasty damage. With priority. Its disgusting.
I went with Jolly to ensure that Talonflame will always get the first strike against the slower Pokemon with +1 priority attacks. It would outspeed all Prankster users as well, though it is very foolish to use Talonflame against a Thundurus.

Anyway, Swords Dance simply helps with the attack boosts, which is why my Talonflame's nature is Jolly. But I guess the Swords Dance boosts can run into a brick wall against any Pokemon with the Unaware ability.

The entire scenario is way too situational though. I've never seen anyone use Worry Seed Whimsicott or Mega Blaziken with Stone Edge before. For Blaxiken its an understandable change. For Whimsicott, that's a REALLY touchy move, and there's not a whole lot of justification in using Worry Seed over blank.
My Whimsicott serves as a supporter for the double battles and triple battles. It's a big ally for my Regigigas, as whenever Regigigas gets hit by Whimsicott's Worry Seed, Slow Start gets changed into Insomnia, enabling Regigigas to strike at full power right off the bat.

Anyway, I never really did any single battles online, as triple battles enable you to use all of your Pokemon, and your battle strategies can become a lot more diverse as well.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That's right, 3ds is still a boom in Japan.

You thought the same as me...
Animal Crossing + Monster Hunter + Legend of Zelda RPG? There's no reason for this game to get bad.
Yeah. I'll definitely get the game when I get a job and start earning (should be in a couple of years at most).

I have a large number of 3DS games I want to buy.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I went with Jolly to ensure that Talonflame will always get the first strike against the slower Pokemon with +1 priority attacks. It would outspeed all Prankster users as well, though it is very foolish to use Talonflame against a Thundurus.

Anyway, Swords Dance simply helps with the attack boosts, which is why my Talonflame's nature is Jolly. But I guess the Swords Dance boosts can run into a brick wall against any Pokemon with the Unaware ability.
I'd have to do the math but I think Quagsire can tank BB and follow up with Scald. Being Jolly, BB won't hit as hard without SD due to Talonflame's medium-low Attack Base. And because Quagsire has Unaware, he could counter kill Talonflame while remaining healthy. Heatran eats Talonflame. And finally, Thundurus can tank an unboosted Flare Blitz and then Volt Switch kill Talonflame.

Alternatively you could be like me and use Sash Breloom and endure the BB and follow with Rock Tomb. Funniest **** every time.
My Whimsicott serves as a supporter for the double battles and triple battles. It's a big ally for my Regigigas, as whenever Regigigas gets hit by Whimsicott's Worry Seed, Slow Start gets changed into Insomnia, enabling Regigigas to strike at full power right off the bat.

Anyway, I never really did any single battles online, as triple battles enable you to use all of your Pokemon, and your battle strategies can become a lot more diverse as well.
Ah... okay. Yeah I never played Doubles that much. Usually stuck with Singles cause its what I knew. In singles, Worry Seed is near non-existent.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah. I'll definitely get the game when I get a job and start earning (should be in a couple of years at most).

I have a large number of 3DS games I want to buy.
The 3DS games I want in the future are mostly RPGs.
Fire Emblem Fates Conquest, Pokemon Sun (Or Moon), Bravely Second (Already got Breavely Default still trying to finish it), and this game Ever Oasis.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The games I got on my to-get list are all PS4 games as well as the console itself. The Last of Us, Fallout 4, Doom, Borderlands Handsome Collection, Crash Bandicoot Remastered and Skyrim Remastered. Roughly $200+ in games. Plus $300 for the system.

...ugh.

Routa

Smash Lord
Brah doubles 4 lief!

Always been a fan of doubles. I was actually really good back in college. I had TR team with: Bronzong (TR + Screen setter), Hariyama (Flame Orb + Guts sweeper), Krookodile (also a sweeper), Gigalith (Explosion ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ), Clefable (helping hand, heal pulse etc) and Mega Ampharos (Special Sweeper). I tend to switch Krookodile with Golurk (sweeper), Gigalith with Mow Rotom (Special Sweeper) and Bronzong with Claydol (same role) or Cofagrigus (same role). Served me well. Was ranked 1st in Pokemon Showdowns UU Doubles for a while...

Then college ended and I forgot my accounts name and password. Rip Mii...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd have to do the math but I think Quagsire can tank BB and follow up with Scald. Being Jolly, BB won't hit as hard without SD due to Talonflame's medium-low Attack Base. And because Quagsire has Unaware, he could counter kill Talonflame while remaining healthy.
Last I've checked, Quagsire's special attack stat is rather sad, and it would probably do more damage with Waterfall and its higher base 85 attack. Since Talonflame prefers Gale Wings over Flame Body, Quagsire doesn't have to worry about the risk of getting burned if it uses Waterfall.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
hi FalKoopa FalKoopa and @Flight !

So I just will post the stuff I did on my arch linux because I customised quite a lot.

First, here's something you can do in pretty much most distros (because they miostly install grub by default), this is my bootloader:

This has a custom background I found and hey gorgeous which you can see has broken stuff, but to fix these, I have to edit the font which is quite annyiing so i didn;t do it. To do trhis, you just get a program called grub customiser, it basically do all of this graphically. Tbh, I am even impressed it can load custom fonts, did you ever saw a boot loader do this?

Of course it logs the startup sequence in standard monospace font, but that's fine, what is really interesting is that grub can freaking load custom fonts and you didn;t even started the thing! it even loaded a backgroudn image!

Idk about you but it;s very interesting. Btw, this is a lot better than the windows bootloader because it;s either standard grety on black or since windows 8, a plain background with rectangle......urgh.

Anyway, the only other config I did was making the boot seqeunce appear, but my ssd is so fast you jsut have 1 seconds of time to look (everything says ok so). I consider using a splash screen, but I am not sure of the sue if it's this quick to boot up.

Now, my disaply manager. I chose lightdm because it works for every desktop environemnt and I also noticed it has quite a klot of custom stuff. Here's my login screen:

In hey gorgoeus of course :)

The fun thing about lightdm is there's spaces in the configuration files that you can put script when ligthdm starts and when you login. So after figuring it out, I found how to play a music on the dm startup and to kill it when I login. I played the TTYD theme when the login appear and I kill it when I login. What this means is not only you have this awesome font and curtain (which I thought was fitting), you also have an awsome music while you login :)

And there, now this might surprise falkoopa, but here's my desktop environment:

Ok so why I decided to keep cinnamon with all the choices offered to me?

Well, I freaking tested all of them (except mate, but I wasn;t interested THIS much the last time I tried, btu it goes seocnd). I didn;t tried kde because it;s overkill, but I tried gnome, enlightement, lxde, etc.,.... And none of them was as good as cinnamon. Cinnamon is just the best because first, the menu is by default ONLY 2 LEVELS whcih is the max I would ever do (windows xp and its 5 levels lol). The menu is small enough and as for the taskbar, I keep frquents apps right next to the menu because I just love that. The rest is pretty standard except the look and feel and this is where I ahve to explain to fal here.

First, I frekaing love mint-y icon pack, it;s awesome so I installed it thanks to the aur (had to install mint-x too because it's apparently a dependency). I tried to find similar icon packs, but I came to the realisation that mint gives you so much icons that it was also the best choice for me.

Now for the theme......I tried mint-y, but then I realised qucikly it;s not a good idea. My tk version is so recent (3.20) that mint-y has several incompatibility since it is made for gtk 3.18. because of this, toolbars were awfull looking and clearly not pleasing to look at. So I searched and I realised that mint-y is based on arc, I tried it and yeah,. it's really good. They also have a dark version which is what I am using now. I had to do a little fix for firefox so I could see what I am typing in input boxes, but overall, I am very pleased with this theme, I might isntall more in the future becuase it's so easy to switch to them.

Oh btw, my cinnamon theme is minty, a siimple green on black with slight transparency theme, I quite like it :)

For the console, I could copy the mint colors, but I decided not too because......BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT! So I put the green on black template simply because:
  1. you actually feel smarter than you are because it looks mroe complicated that way
  2. GREEEN!
So yeah, that was a good choice :)

Now I am not done yet because I got a more convenient update manager which tbh, I only use it because of the update notifier.

I like pacman, but it can;t use the aur, so I got cower which helps to download stuff and check for updates, but then it can;t check for git stuff I ahve and it doesn;t install the packages so i got pacaur which is kind of a front end to cower and it really automates pretty much everything and it of course tells you all the info pacman tells you (you need to know this if there's a problem). pacaur is aweosme, it can check all packages invluding aur, it can check the devel stuff and this is the killer feature, it can if you choose to update the devel stuff verify its cache and if the sources are already up to date, it won't build, it will skip saving probably hours of time of not building dolphin for exampel which takes like 15 minutes to build. It;s perfect, but now the problem is that you do this on console......and you don't know where there's pertinent update unless you check the rss stuff......not a good idea so I searched if people coded a notifer.

And someone did! In fact, it's called argon and the thing is mostly coded in bash which pleased me because I could modify the code. And I did because here's the thign about how it works, after a certain amount of time (you set it), it will check for update and no matter if it finds or not, it will jsut send a notification, but if you know cinnamon, you can miss them as they appear on top right and they ddin';t implemented sound notif (they shoudl btw). So I wasn;t pleased with this so I got to the update modifier code and I added a line that basically plays the pm64 badge get sfx when it finds updates.

So what happens is now everytime I get update, I hear this sounds which gets me excited!

It's a lot mroe exciting to have update on a rolling release because as I explained, everything is kept up to date constantly so there migth be something essential like kermel updates or very core components and it;s fun :)

So yeah, this si pretty much how I set up my arch linux. I love this distro so far :)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
hi FalKoopa FalKoopa and @Flight !

So I just will post the stuff I did on my arch linux because I customised quite a lot.

First, here's something you can do in pretty much most distros (because they miostly install grub by default), this is my bootloader:

This has a custom background I found and hey gorgeous which you can see has broken stuff, but to fix these, I have to edit the font which is quite annyiing so i didn;t do it. To do trhis, you just get a program called grub customiser, it basically do all of this graphically. Tbh, I am even impressed it can load custom fonts, did you ever saw a boot loader do this?

Of course it logs the startup sequence in standard monospace font, but that's fine, what is really interesting is that grub can freaking load custom fonts and you didn;t even started the thing! it even loaded a backgroudn image!

Idk about you but it;s very interesting. Btw, this is a lot better than the windows bootloader because it;s either standard grety on black or since windows 8, a plain background with rectangle......urgh.

Anyway, the only other config I did was making the boot seqeunce appear, but my ssd is so fast you jsut have 1 seconds of time to look (everything says ok so). I consider using a splash screen, but I am not sure of the sue if it's this quick to boot up.

Now, my disaply manager. I chose lightdm because it works for every desktop environemnt and I also noticed it has quite a klot of custom stuff. Here's my login screen:

In hey gorgoeus of course :)

The fun thing about lightdm is there's spaces in the configuration files that you can put script when ligthdm starts and when you login. So after figuring it out, I found how to play a music on the dm startup and to kill it when I login. I played the TTYD theme when the login appear and I kill it when I login. What this means is not only you have this awesome font and curtain (which I thought was fitting), you also have an awsome music while you login :)

And there, now this might surprise falkoopa, but here's my desktop environment:

Ok so why I decided to keep cinnamon with all the choices offered to me?

Well, I freaking tested all of them (except mate, but I wasn;t interested THIS much the last time I tried, btu it goes seocnd). I didn;t tried kde because it;s overkill, but I tried gnome, enlightement, lxde, etc.,.... And none of them was as good as cinnamon. Cinnamon is just the best because first, the menu is by default ONLY 2 LEVELS whcih is the max I would ever do (windows xp and its 5 levels lol). The menu is small enough and as for the taskbar, I keep frquents apps right next to the menu because I just love that. The rest is pretty standard except the look and feel and this is where I ahve to explain to fal here.

First, I frekaing love mint-y icon pack, it;s awesome so I installed it thanks to the aur (had to install mint-x too because it's apparently a dependency). I tried to find similar icon packs, but I came to the realisation that mint gives you so much icons that it was also the best choice for me.

Now for the theme......I tried mint-y, but then I realised qucikly it;s not a good idea. My tk version is so recent (3.20) that mint-y has several incompatibility since it is made for gtk 3.18. because of this, toolbars were awfull looking and clearly not pleasing to look at. So I searched and I realised that mint-y is based on arc, I tried it and yeah,. it's really good. They also have a dark version which is what I am using now. I had to do a little fix for firefox so I could see what I am typing in input boxes, but overall, I am very pleased with this theme, I might isntall more in the future becuase it's so easy to switch to them.

Oh btw, my cinnamon theme is minty, a siimple green on black with slight transparency theme, I quite like it :)

For the console, I could copy the mint colors, but I decided not too because......BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT! So I put the green on black template simply because:
  1. you actually feel smarter than you are because it looks mroe complicated that way
  2. GREEEN!
So yeah, that was a good choice :)

Now I am not done yet because I got a more convenient update manager which tbh, I only use it because of the update notifier.

I like pacman, but it can;t use the aur, so I got cower which helps to download stuff and check for updates, but then it can;t check for git stuff I ahve and it doesn;t install the packages so i got pacaur which is kind of a front end to cower and it really automates pretty much everything and it of course tells you all the info pacman tells you (you need to know this if there's a problem). pacaur is aweosme, it can check all packages invluding aur, it can check the devel stuff and this is the killer feature, it can if you choose to update the devel stuff verify its cache and if the sources are already up to date, it won't build, it will skip saving probably hours of time of not building dolphin for exampel which takes like 15 minutes to build. It;s perfect, but now the problem is that you do this on console......and you don't know where there's pertinent update unless you check the rss stuff......not a good idea so I searched if people coded a notifer.

And someone did! In fact, it's called argon and the thing is mostly coded in bash which pleased me because I could modify the code. And I did because here's the thign about how it works, after a certain amount of time (you set it), it will check for update and no matter if it finds or not, it will jsut send a notification, but if you know cinnamon, you can miss them as they appear on top right and they ddin';t implemented sound notif (they shoudl btw). So I wasn;t pleased with this so I got to the update modifier code and I added a line that basically plays the pm64 badge get sfx when it finds updates.

So what happens is now everytime I get update, I hear this sounds which gets me excited!

It's a lot mroe exciting to have update on a rolling release because as I explained, everything is kept up to date constantly so there migth be something essential like kermel updates or very core components and it;s fun :)

So yeah, this si pretty much how I set up my arch linux. I love this distro so far :)
Geez, stop tempting me. It was really hard for me to drop my distro-hopping habit, and now I'm getting the urge again. :laugh:

A customisable bootloader is freaking amazing, I didn't even image that could be possible. Wow. I can't speak much about the more technical stuff, as I'm not that experienced in Linux yet, although it was interesting to read. :)

I'll look into Arch Linux, I suppose. It's always fun to experiment with new distros. I was admittedly afraid of stepping into Arch Linux as it is supposed harder to set up. Now I'm more willing, heh.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Geez, stop tempting me. It was really hard for me to drop my distro-hopping habit, and now I'm getting the urge again. :laugh:

A customisable bootloader is freaking amazing, I didn't even image that could be possible. Wow. I can't speak much about the more technical stuff, as I'm not that experienced in Linux yet, although it was interesting to read. :)

I'll look into Arch Linux, I suppose. It's always fun to experiment with new distros. I was admittedly afraid of stepping into Arch Linux as it is supposed harder to set up. Now I'm more willing, heh.
You can do the grub thign NOW, jsut get the grub customiser (it;s a ppa, google it).

As for arch, I hope you ahve a phone because you will realise how awesoem the documentation of arch is.

I learned everyhting in 3 hours, that shoudl give you an idea.

it is rough. They explained on their website that mint is like being a car, eveyrhting is done for you.

Arch linux, it;s like you buy a toolkit to build one.

That's the gist of it so of course you need to know like how commands works, how the environemtn is set up and stuff, but the relaity is you don;t need to know EVERYTHING because 75% will be told in the documentation,. The 25% is experience you got which I think it's one year for you?

Like it;s nto thsi hard once you tested with a vm, hwo to partition with gdisk? well, list them (-l), locate the drive, then gdisk and ptut he drive name. Then, you jsut enter one letters commands and you can know eveythign by ypignt he help. Creating a partition? leave the first sector as deafult, but the last sector, use a relative thign so if you want a 2gb, put +2G, it's not THAT hard tbh.

They really explain eveything. How to set up locale? Edit a file and uncomment the locale you want and type locale-gen, it;s not that bad.

To me, installign arch is like getting a new cli inly program and learnign how tyo use it by reading the readme and the help thing. Man pages also helps too, but it;s the same idea.

So jsut get a phone, got to the beginner guide and it shoudl eb fine. As long as you know the basic stuff (like I expect you to know how to naviguate between directory and listing its files for example).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Last I've checked, Quagsire's special attack stat is rather sad, and it would probably do more damage with Waterfall and its higher base 85 attack. Since Talonflame prefers Gale Wings over Flame Body, Quagsire doesn't have to worry about the risk of getting burned if it uses Waterfall.
People normally use Scald on Quagsire because it has a good chance to burn. Below is what my old, shiny Quagsire used to run and I can tell you its one of Quagsire's best setups. I believe I learned about this setup on P.O..

Pokémon: Quagsire
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Natute: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP, 252 DEF, 4 SpD
Moves: Scald|Recover|Earthquake|Toxic

Basically, Scald is used as a 'Burn' attack, mostly to burn threats like Scizor, Azumarill, and Landorus T. Regardless of it being weak in this build, its still dealing super effective STAB damage on Talonflame with Scald. Not to mention Talonflame has a weak Base SpD of 69. Also Quagsire could predict Roost and kill it with Earthquake instead.

So its not a matter of, "It's Attack is better then it's Sp. Attack", its, "Scald is more useful then Waterfall".

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
NGAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
I have see you Jatayu Jatayu !
Boy! It's been long! Isn't it?!

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
There's been a reboot of Super Mario Bros Z. It was a series I loved in middle school, so seeing this made me ecstatic. The first episode's up, so I'll go watch it when I get the chance. I have more reason to watch it because I landed myself a spot on the cast for a Fandub of SMBZ. Nearly fell out of my chair when I found out, too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There's been a reboot of Super Mario Bros Z. It was a series I loved in middle school, so seeing this made me ecstatic. The first episode's up, so I'll go watch it when I get the chance. I have more reason to watch it because I landed myself a spot on the cast for a Fandub of SMBZ. Nearly fell out of my chair when I found out, too.
It was released in January. I don't know if it's still active (though I don't know how often the original SMBZ videos were released either)

Nintendo took down his Patreon, iirc.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Thanks to Volga Volga for giving me the inspiration to make this concept (not the artwork mind you).

Mega Rapidash

This is something I actually want now after some thought about how it could be potentially handled.

Type: Fire/Fairy
Ability: Levitate

I'll leave specific stat buffs out because I dont know the rules regarding Mega stat buffs other then base HP can't be buffed, but I will say it would have big bonuses to its Attack and Speed stats.

With Mega Rapidash's typing, combined with its ability, you have the one of the best Garchomp counters in the game. Its immune to both of Gatchomp's STABs. It outspeeds it. And Mega Rapidash can likely defeat Garchomp with its newly obtained Play Rough, although that depends on Garchomp's Defense. Because it becomes a Fairy-Type, I personally would add Play Rough to its movepool (like how Lopunny got High Jump Kick).

I actually like this as much as my Mega Arbok concept.

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Thanks to Volga Volga for giving me the inspiration to make this concept (not the artwork mind you).

Mega Rapidash

This is something I actually want now after some thought about how it could be potentially handled.

Type: Fire/Fairy
Ability: Levitate

I'll leave specific stat buffs out because I dont know the rules regarding Mega stat buffs other then base HP can't be buffed, but I will say it would have big bonuses to its Attack and Speed stats.

With Mega Rapidash's typing, combined with its ability, you have the one of the best Garchomp counters in the game. Its immune to both of Gatchomp's STABs. It outspeeds it. And Mega Rapidash can likely defeat Garchomp with its newly obtained Play Rough, although that depends on Garchomp's Defense. Because it becomes a Fairy-Type, I personally would add Play Rough to its movepool (like how Lopunny got High Jump Kick).

I actually like this as much as my Mega Arbok concept.
Most of the Megas Base stats compliment the already good stats of the pokemon,save for Mega Pidgeot,so Speed and Attack sound good.

I'm glad I could help though. this is now something I really want. I'm always a sucker for Fire Types.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
After coming up with those Mega Pokémon concepts, I decided to create an entirely new kind of Pokémon. I made something like this awhile ago but I wish to do it over because previously, it wasn't very unique. I don't have the design down, but I got its data down.
•Name: Ninoké
•Species: The FAMILIAR Pokemon
•Rarity: Mythic Legendary
•PokéDex Entry: Ancient tales tell that Ninoké was once a human child, but was abandoned and rose by Pokémon. Ninoké's life with wild Pokémon is said to of given Ninoké special powers like the Pokémon that rose Ninoké.
•Height: 4'02"
•Weight: 76.7 lbs.
•Type: Normal/Fairy
•Formes: Contained Forme|Awoken Forme
•Ability: Awakened Heart: After three turns, the user awakens, fully restoring health and transforms into Awoken Forme.
•Base Stats [Contained] [Total: 420]: HP: 150|Attack:50|Defense:60|Sp.Attack: 50|Sp. Defense: 60|Speed: 50
•Base Stats [Awoken] [Total: 600]: HP: 100|Attack: 60|Defense: 95|Sp.Attack: 125|Sp. Defense: 95|Speed: 125
Moveset: WIP
For the design, I'm gonna be using the human in this picture as reference. Might be awhile.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh no, I've been found! :p
Hey Mao!

It sure has been a while. I really need to stop disappearing for several months.
Yeah, like, where you have been all this time?
You just dissipear on the day of my birthday! I was asking where you been and....I was also waiting for the drawning that you were going to give me on my birthday.

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
Yeah, like, where you have been all this time?
You just dissipear on the day of my birthday! I was asking where you been and....I was also waiting for the drawning that you were going to give me on my birthday.
...I disappeared on your birthday? :( Well, that's a pretty terrible thing to do your birthday...
I was where I always was this whole time. Thing is... my laptop sort of... well, my laptop's screen did something like this.
So I was stuck without a computer and lived off my phone's internet. Luckily, the drawing did not die along with the laptop thanks to the cloud :4cloud:. And now that I have a new laptop, I have finally returned!.. Wait, actually, I could have used my phone to log into smashboards...Why didn't I do that?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
...I disappeared on your birthday? :( Well, that's a pretty terrible thing to do your birthday...
I was where I always was this whole time. Thing is... my laptop sort of... well, my laptop's screen did something like this.
So I was stuck without a computer and lived off my phone's internet. Luckily, the drawing did not die along with the laptop thanks to the cloud :4cloud:. And now that I have a new laptop, I have finally returned!.. Wait, actually, I could have used my phone to log into smashboards...Why didn't I do that?
Oh yeah, the Death Screen of Death, I see now.

Tough, you have the drawning?! Can I see it?:004:

Also, when you were not here, I also create a devienART account. So, here it is.

Really, I just post some drawning and put other drawnnig into my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom