• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm a bit confused as to what you're referring to as "cancer". Do you mean the fact that people have to wait till March '17?

:231:
In a way, yes. You don't want Nintendo to rush its work if you wish for the games to be good. And this goes double for the consoles, since the Wii U didn't exactly have that many games when its lifespan started. If you don't want the NX to flop, then delaying its release to March 2017 could help make its beginning start out better.

Yes, this does leave us with a rather shallow E3 2016, but frankly, ever since Smash 3DS / Wii U have concluded with their contents, things have pretty much calmed down in terms of upcoming releases.

Last edited:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
So NX was confirmed. I'm kinda confused since I probably should hype a lot because I like Nintendo stuff. But then again, I know nothing about this NX except for the fact that I'm not able to get it on release.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here are my crazy hopes:
1- New F-Zero
2- Xenoblade X 2
3- New Kid Icarus for 3DS

My guess is that the new Sakurai project is a KI sequel.
My hopes:
1.New awesome Nintendo IP
2. Xenoblade Chronicles ?? (I want another spiritual successor)
3. Anything good from Sakurai
I have been suffering from life issues recently but i am OK.

I often frequent Youtube, Twitter and Facebook besides Smashboards but i don't really post on Twitter and Facebook often.
I am also like that. I'm frequent on Youtube and Smashboards but rarely post stuff on Twitter and Facebook.
So NX was confirmed. I'm kinda confused since I probably should hype a lot because I like Nintendo stuff. But then again, I know nothing about this NX except for the fact that I'm not able to get it on release.
Most people are probably negative about these news coming, first is that Zelda U is indeed coming to NX as well. Sort of expected by some fans. Probably the only major blow is that we won't have any info about the NX at E3 this year. I saw some people saying that Wii U is going have an empty holiday season, I actually big to differ. This probably means Wii U might have at least one good game at late 2016.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Wait... March?

Seriously, I don't get it. Of all the times to release a brand new console into the market, why March? That's right in between the Holidays, and the beginning of Summer. Who the **** would buy a $400 Nintendo console in the middle of Spring?

Zelda U not even being Zelda U is incredibly annoying as well, if not entirely unexpected. That means getting pushed back another year, and yet another stab in the back to Wii U owners (especially those who only bought it for Zelda in the first place).

Nintendo... Where are you going with this ****?

Dandefuzz

Smash Rookie
I have mixed feelings about this. Like on one hand, at least they're making sure to come out with a polished product in the NX and the new Zelda. On the other hand my family also got a Wii U for that game. Not only that but the only "news" we got lately is that Link concept art. It's been two years now going on three, and we know almost nothing about the game.

I'm at least hoping Pokemon Sun and Moon comes out before then to hold me over in the meanwhile.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Games I enjoyed for Wii U:
Monster Hunter 3
Hyrule Warriors
Splatoon
Captain Toad
Super Smash Bros.
Super Mario Maker
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yarn Yoshi
Star Fox Zero

Satisfaction level: Thumbs up. That might not seem like a big list, but I've put a LOT of hours into a number of those and I'm not even done.

I don't understand why everyone's getting up in arms about NX's release/Zelda getting pushed back. It seems like a kneejerk, preconditioned reaction to me. Kotaku told you you should be angry, so you're angry.

Let Zelda be pushed back if it helps them put a little more polish on it. Wait to be salty if we get the game and it STILL feels rushed. No sense wasting energy over it right now.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
All right.
The Death Battle was nice.
The outcome was obvious after watching the entrances.
I knew the winners would win. Was rooting for the losers, tho. :v

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't understand why everyone's getting up in arms about NX's release/Zelda getting pushed back. It seems like a kneejerk, preconditioned reaction to me. Kotaku told you you should be angry, so you're angry.
I understand being upset, but no reason to get up in arms. I'd rather have a "perfect" late product than a pushed incomplete one.

Really, people should be happy Nintendo is taking all necessary time to get it done right. Anything less would be like spit in the gamers' face.

Now if it releases and it is still lacking something......that's a different story.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I understand being upset, but no reason to get up in arms. I'd rather have a "perfect" late product than a pushed incomplete one.

Really, people should be happy Nintendo is taking all necessary time to get it done right. Anything less would be like spit in the gamers' face.

Now if it releases and it is still lacking something......that's a different story.
Exactly. I tend to view delays as a GOOD thing. It means the developer is prioritizing quality over quantity, and that's always been a Nintendo trademark.

To those upset over it, I would recommend stop focusing on what you don't have. It seems the main source of frustration lies in what people expected/assumed they were getting and they didn't get it - but when you really think about it, there's no reason to think that way, especially when it means overlooking the things you DO have.

Dandefuzz

Smash Rookie
Also, think of the games that are coming out in the meantime. Kirby: Planet Robobot looks fun, for example.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While I'm sure 90% of people will consider this jack squat, technically Nintendo Land's "The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest" is unique to the Wii U.

With the shape the Wii U has been in, while unfortunate, I'm not surprised that Zelda Wii U is going multiplatform. And please delay a game if the company think it would be rushed otherwise.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I can understand the feeling of betrayal for Wii U owners as Zelda U being multiplatform means they could have just waited for the NX instead.

Although, oddly enough, if you include remakes, the Wii U got three Zelda games - more than the Wii or N64 - and equal to Gamecube (WW, TP and OOT Master Collection).

I guess not all good things come in three. :p

Th only reason I'm here is because FalKoopa FalKoopa is here and I miss him
Embarrass

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I can understand the feeling of betrayal for Wii U owners as Zelda U being multiplatform means they could have just waited for the NX instead.

Although, oddly enough, if you include remakes, the Wii U got three Zelda games - more than the Wii or N64 - and equal to Gamecube (WW, TP and OOT Master Collection).

I guess not all good things come in three. :p

Embarrass

Technically more if you count Virtual Console & backwards compatibility (Zelda 1, The Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past. Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass (Europe), Spirit Tracks (Europe), & Skyward Sword).

Better to have any Zelda game than none at all.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm a bit annoyed at Zelda being delayed yet again (I'm seeing a bit of a resemblance of MN9 now) but everything else seems pretty cool, with the exception of them not showing off the NX at E3. I don't think that's a very good move on their part.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
All right! I got'em all. Well the ones within the collection.
IMG_20160427_061611.jpg
If there's ever a Balloon Boy and Puppet doll, I'll be definently getting those.
IT'S TIME TO HOP ON TO THE HYPE TRAIN!!!
I read your name as Nin Tennis.

What is a Nin and why is it playing Tennis.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, if you can board a hype train for an entire year, more power to you. :p

I can actually. I do it every year with E3.
Kinda wondering what the hell Nintendo is doing with E3 this year though.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
All right! I got'em all. Well the ones within the collection.
If there's ever a Balloon Boy and Puppet doll, I'll be definently getting those.
I'd lock 'em up if I were ya'. Or at least keep a flashlight nearby.

Speaking about FNAF, another game has been confirmed. And I have mixed feelings about it.
Having yet another game after "Teh finul chepter" makes me angry.
But, I'm very excited to see what he will do this time.
Say what you will about Scott's games and their quality, but stating that he does not attempt to change up their formulas is just false.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'd lock 'em up if I were ya'. Or at least keep a flashlight nearby.
What could go wrong? :yoshimelee:

Speaking about FNAF, another game has been confirmed. And I have mixed feelings about it.
Having yet another game after "Teh finul chepter" makes me angry.
But, I'm very excited to see what he will do this time.
Say what you will about Scott's games and their quality, but stating that he does not attempt to change up their formulas is just false.
That was a final chapter of a story told. This could be something entirely new. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

I for one am happy to see Scott isn't done yet. I just hope he takes his time with this one. I can imagine it being the best of the five IF it was given more time.
Kinda wondering what the hell Nintendo is doing with E3 this year though.

They're gonna close up shop and Microsoft is gonna buy Zelda. :troll:

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Do you guys think the nx will have a port of smash 4 with more characters/content ?
It's possible, sure. But I personally don't want to go through the character speculation again. And unless one of them's Young Link, its more then likely gonna be a crappy list to me.

Then again, I don't have plans on continuing with Nintendo anyways so my opinion doesn't mean much.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If the NX has a Smash port, I'll feel happy because I skipped the Wii U. :teeth:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So my friend signed me up for a tourney next week with me thinking it was something else on the weekend. Looks like I gotta haul ass to get there since I have class on at a different campus.
Also it's a 3DS tourney. My circle pad is so dodgy:urg:. What kind of people don't use the Wii U version for tourneys!?

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Regardless of what I said before, I do hope Nintendo survives and NX does well. Does it mean I will buy it eventually? I already have a strong bias against it so its not likely any time soon. Eventually? Maybe. Maybe not.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The only thing I care about regarding the NX is the main controller. I will not buy this system if it requires some dumbass controller like the Gamepad. That always urk'd me since day one.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
The only thing I care about regarding the NX is the main controller. I will not buy this system if it requires some ******* controller like the Gamepad. That always urk'd me since day one.
Gamepad is the reason why I got WiiU ;_; (well that and Zelda, which bit me in the butt)

Nobody will ever understand my very specific love for that thing.

At the very least I hope the NX controler is nothing like the patent/fake leaks suggest. That looks pretty bad.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If that oval touch controller is true and it is the primary controller, the NX does have bad days ahead. It really doesn't lend itself well to serious gaming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom