• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
I had a good idea for an avatar or signature character earlier. Like, I was really excited to find it.

But now I forgot what it was.

Wait.

No.

I just remembered it in the middle of typing this. And now I have two ideas. Hmmm.

Also I love SFM videos. I have mostly only seen Mario or Sonic ones though.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Chimichangas are just tortillas wrapped in a fancy way :dazwa:
#BurritoMasterRace

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Question Social:

How much does an used Wii U cost nowadays? Mine is in decent condition and got it back in 2013. I'm looking to sell it along with all my games and controllers since I don't play it much nowadays and don't intend to purchase anymore games. Money is tight and I'm trying to stop gaming so I can focus on career goals. I have about 25 Wii u and Wii games and 3 wiimotes.

I'm looking on selling it locally but there aren't any stores that accepts non-Japanese region games and consoles. I'm trying to set a fair price for it to sell maybe to another foreigner within my area. My wife is suggesting $40 for everything or just to throw it away. I think around $100 is good.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Question Social:

How much does an used Wii U cost nowadays? Mine is in decent condition and got it back in 2013. I'm looking to sell it along with all my games and controllers since I don't play it much nowadays and don't intend to purchase anymore games. Money is tight and I'm trying to stop gaming so I can focus on career goals. I have about 25 Wii u and Wii games and 3 wiimotes.
Depends where you look but I'd say somewhere around the $135-150 region is decent if you're setting a price that allows you to get some money back in return.

Kinda sad to see you take a break from gaming but careers and eating are two necessities. Hopefully it's not permanent so that you can share that hobby with your children.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Speaking of Undertale, I just started playing it today. I'm right before the Papyrus fight, and I have to say that I've had a very feelsy day due to this game. I nearly broke out crying because of a quote from the shopkeeper.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Depends where you look but I'd say somewhere around the $135-150 region is decent if you're setting a price that allows you to get some money back in return.

Kinda sad to see you take a break from gaming but careers and eating are two necessities. Hopefully it's not permanent so that you can share that hobby with your children.
I'm still undecided but it's an avenue I'm considering. It's just collecting dust at this point and we only use it for Youtube which is infrequent. I play games maybe once for an hour or two every few weeks as it is. I'm slowly losing interest.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It's been forever since I've been in this thread...

What happened to me? I finally bought Shovel Knight and it's SO MUCH FUN!!

I really love that game! So new, yet so nostalgic! :awesome:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
It's been forever since I've been in this thread...

What happened to me? I finally bought Shovel Knight and it's SO MUCH FUN!!

I really love that game! So new, yet so nostalgic! :awesome:
Finally, someone else who still likes Shovel Knight!

It's quite honestly the best platformer I have ever played. I'm currently playing it a second time on the 3DS in between my XCX sessions.:grin:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I have Shovel Knight installed on my Wii U but i have not played it yet but maybe i will.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
I play Shovel Knight all the time. Its one of my favorite games ever. I've must have played the campaign all the way through at least 40 times.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I downloaded it a long time ago on 3DS but eventually deleted it because of lack of space and because I never played it. :lol:

I really have to buy a bigger microSD Card, I also deleted the PW Trilogy because of lack of space but at least I had completed that game before deleting it.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
I don't really see the appeal of Shovel Knight, to be honest.

Also waking up with a sore back...not fun.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
Mostly the NES nostalgia and the "teach without tutorials" principle.

Also, the music, unique levels and colorful characters might also help a lot.
I guess it just isn't my type of game. I won't be playing it.

Altough I do have to say, it is nice seeing an indie game get so popular and well received.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Shovel Knight has some of the best level design I've seen in any game.
Agreed! The way it just introduces a level element with nothing, then makes a challenge out of it in the next room is just clever.

Plus, they take unique twists that I haven't seen in many, if any game (Iron Whale is underwater but you feel like you're on the Moon instead of swimming, Lost City is a lava level but also a green goo level, etc.)

Also, the music! THE AWESOME MUSIC!

Shovel Knight is awesome. Too bad I'm hot garbag t it.
To master the shovel, you must BECOME the shovel!

Last edited:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
I think I just don't like 2D games in general.

I always preferred the Sonic Adventure or 3D Sonic over the classics. Preferred the 3D Mario games over the 2D ones, and while the NSMB series is fun to play with friends, it otherwise got old and boring really fast.

That's a reason why I like Shantae as a character but have never touched her games.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I always preferred the Sonic Adventure or 3D Sonic over the classics. Preferred the 3D Mario games over the 2D ones, and while the NSMB series is fun to play with friends, it otherwise got old and boring really fast.

That's a reason why I like Shantae as a character but have never touched her games.
I take it then that you don't own Super Mario Maker.

Snowy.

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnowyFate

I think that making an enjoyable platformer nowadays is much tougher because there have been so many great ones. The developer has to really make the game unique for it to stand out. I personally enjoyed Shovel Knight but definitely not to the level that others have, I played it, enjoyed it and then forgot about it.

I think my personal favourite platformer is Donkey Kong Country 2. It's level design, atmosphere and music were all great <3

Last edited:

Snowy.

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnowyFate
Not so sure about Mario. The 2D mario games have gotten too repetitive these days. Although Super Mario World is basically my childhood...

I never played a Mega Man game...
Super Mario Bros. Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World are all great!

Last edited:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
Pretty hard NOT to do that when Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel exist, imo...
Funny thing about that. While the Galaxy games were fantastic, in my opinion they are at the bottom of the 3D Mario games. Sunshine, 64, and 3D World top it, to me.

I take it then that you don't own Super Mario Maker.
This is correct. No interest in that game either, personally.

I think that making an enjoyable platform game nowadays is much tougher since there have been so many of them. The developer has to make the game really unique to make it stand out. I personally enjoyed Shovel Knight but definitely not to the level that others have, I played it, enjoyed it and then forgot about it.

I think my personal favourite platform game is Donkey Kong Country 2. It's level design, atmosphere and music were all great.
The original DK games were pretty fun. But the Returns series just doesn't do it for me, unless I am playing co-op with someone.

Snowy.

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnowyFate
Funny thing about that. While the Galaxy games were fantastic, in my opinion they are at the bottom of the 3D Mario games. Sunshine, 64, and 3D World top it, to me.

This is correct. No interest in that game either, personally.

The original DK games were pretty fun. But the Returns series just doesn't do it for me, unless I am playing co-op with someone.
yeah I agree

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom