• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
:o
You did cry when Bambi's mom got shot... right?
Can't remember. It's been too long since I've last seen that movie. I almost cried when Ash turned to stone in the first movie, though, but I was 8 at the time. And things change in 16 years.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
Also wait if games with 3D models can't POSSIBLY be 2D then what does that make the original Donkey Kong Country games? Its all pre-rendered.

Is a Link Between Worlds not a true sequel to the classic overhead Zeldas because it uses 3d models, and therefore it is not 2d?

how do graphics define how many planes the player is allowed to move on

What if a 2d game has multiple planes, like the DKCR stage in Smash? Is it still not 2d?

If a game with mostly 2d sprites happens to use a 3d model in one instance does that make it not 2d?

i d o n o t u n d e r s t a n d t h i s r e a s o n i n g

Last edited:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
Same. I rewatched it but I didn't feel anything. I just can't feel sorry for a fictional character.
So what's the point in playing (most) games, or watching TV and movies?

Unless you don't play games for the story and you only watch sports and/or reality shows?

Pheva

Smash Cadet
I only count sprites as 2d games.
Also are Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates 3d games because they use models? Are the older ones 2d games because they use sprites?

please help me understand

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What, you mean you don't like spending your whole day shoveling?
Well- No, not really. I could think of a few other things I'd rather be doing, honestly. My back is ****ed up, so even simply sweeping starts to hurt after awhile.
What are these sword things from?
The Swordsplosion is from Borderlands 2 in Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC as a quest reward from the side quest, "The Sword in The Stoner" which involves killing a golem and taking the sword stuck in it's back.

:shyguy:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So what's the point in playing (most) games, or watching TV and movies?

Unless you don't play games for the story and you only watch sports and/or reality shows?
I do play games for the stories, I loved the one of TWEWY, but whenever something sad happens, I just don't feel anything. I lack the empathy when it comes to fictional characters, I think.
And movies aren't really my cup of tea. Lack the patience to finish them.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I've ALWAYS hated the "2.5D" term for games.

2D or 3D: Pick one.
.......the problem is it;s not how it works.

See having a 3 dimensional object DOESN'T mean it is using all 3 dimensions. If you take the Paper Mario series, everything is technically 3d, the models are 3d, the thing is, they are made to not use the third dimension, or they are at least made in a way to not have a noticeable third dimensions.

If you move in a 2d pane, the environement isn;t necessarly 2d, nsmb is clearly 3d, there is depth to the levels, it;s jsut not incorporated much int he movements.

And spm is on 3d PANES, but here, the depth is much more significant.

This is why 2.5D exists, it;s jsut 3d dimensional stuff that are made on purpose to look 2d. It's not one or the other, it's a chocie of style that is possible with 3d.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'm known to cry a lot over fictional characters.

As I child I always imagined some invention they would make in the far far future that would allow fictional characters to become real. Yeah, I was a weird kiddo.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
So, PSN has been down for just a few hours and so many people on twitter are demanding compensation and complaining about how it goes down sooo often.

First of all, it hardly ever goes down. Second, are you seriously wanting compensation for the few hours it was down? Because you are a paying customer? What a ****ing joke.

Also, on the previous note, when I said I didn't like 2D games, I made a mistake by calling them that. I should say that I don't really like side-scrollers in general, or 2D platformers. Boop.

Well- No, not really. I could think of a few other things I'd rather be doing, honestly. My back is ****ed up, so even simply sweeping starts to hurt after awhile.

The Swordsplosion is from Borderlands 2 in Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC as a quest reward from the side quest, "The Sword in The Stoner" which involves killing a golem and taking the sword stuck in it's back.

:shyguy:
I just hate shoveling to begin with. My legs get cold because all I own are short shorts. Aside from my work pants.

But I obviously can't wear those to shovel.

I do play games for the stories, I loved the one of TWEWY, but whenever something sad happens, I just don't feel anything. I lack the empathy when it comes to fictional characters, I think.
And movies aren't really my cup of tea. Lack the patience to finish them.
But see that is why it kind of surprises me. You are interested in the story but don't really feel anything toward the characters. I always kind of considered them a package deal.

.......the problem is it;s not how it works.

See having a 3 dimensional object DOESN'T mean it is using all 3 dimensions. If you take the Paper Mario series, everything is technically 3d, the models are 3d, the thing is, they are made to not use the third dimension, or they are at least made in a way to not have a noticeable third dimensions.

If you move in a 2d pane, the environement isn;t necessarly 2d, nsmb is clearly 3d, there is depth to the levels, it;s jsut not incorporated much int he movements.

And spm is on 3d PANES, but here, the depth is much more significant.

This is why 2.5D exists, it;s jsut 3d dimensional stuff that are made on purpose to look 2d. It's not one or the other, it's a chocie of style that is possible with 3d.
Paper Mario is an interesting one, because 'flat' doesn't always mean 2D

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well well! I have just finished my latest doodle! So here it is!
Red Titan.png

Totally not inspired by Count Bleck and Sans.:050:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice

As I child I always imagined some invention they would make in the far far future that would allow fictional characters to become real. Yeah, I was a weird kiddo.
Wasn't there a story, years ago, about some guy marrying an anime character?

Think of the possibilities!

View attachment 90799
Hey hey, that's really good!!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wasn't there a story, years ago, about some guy marrying an anime character?

Think of the possibilities!

Hey hey, that's really good!!
Aww thanks! It was my first try drawnnig this character. So see comment like you make me really happy!:)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, PSN has been down for just a few hours and so many people on twitter are demanding compensation and complaining about how it goes down sooo often.

First of all, it hardly ever goes down. Second, are you seriously wanting compensation for the few hours it was down? Because you are a paying customer? What a ****ing joke.

Also, on the previous note, when I said I didn't like 2D games, I made a mistake by calling them that. I should say that I don't really like side-scrollers in general, or 2D platformers. Boop.

I just hate shoveling to begin with. My legs get cold because all I own are short shorts. Aside from my work pants.

But I obviously can't wear those to shovel.

But see that is why it kind of surprises me. You are interested in the story but don't really feel anything toward the characters. I always kind of considered them a package deal.

Paper Mario is an interesting one, because 'flat' doesn't always mean 2D
Well, the thing isn;t really complicated or anything because if you ask the following question:

Is a paper 3 dimensional or 2 dimensional?

The answer is becoming obvious: it's 3d. You can't really claim it's 2d unless you drew the paper on a paper, but in real life, a paper without a third dimension just doesn't exist. The only thing is the third dimension is very very very thin, but you can fold the paper.....

So, flat was never the same as 2d, it isn;t because soemthign is flat than it is 2d. When something becomes 2d is when there is an absence of the dimension entirely, pretty much every snes games are 2d for example. They may try to simulate the third dimension, but you can draw a cube on a paper, that cube will still be 2d.

I mean, g&w is a 3d model that was flattered so not only he is 3d, but he is flat.

Like I don;t think the innovation with paper mario comes with the fact that the models are flat and 3d, it comes more form the fact that it looks......odd to have simulated 2d in a FULL 3d environment. Even simple things like just seeing Paper Mario TURN will look so odd in your eyes because you see depth behind him. What this does is it gives a very huge emphasis on the models and the maps feels more like a background, except it;s a 3d background that is actually true 3d, so much that they do have a 2d background, but it becomes less noticeable.

What's even more innovating is that they really play with this fully. TTYD was really about the fluidity and the flexibility of paper, spm was about the how straight the edges of paper are. I mean, honestly, to do an entire game with the graphics being designed to even reflect a paper is very impressive because a piece of paper just looks bare bones on itself.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well trust me it came out really good!
See comment like this make my day worth it.
undertale___undyne_icon___50x39_by_justdwayne-d9i302j.gif

Thanks you so much. :3
It make me DETERMINATE!!! I be sure to post more my doodle here.

_gold_

Smash Master

Than I suppose we were both weird kids. I used to imagine that same thing!

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
Well, the thing isn;t really complicated or anything because if you ask the following question:

Is a paper 3 dimensional or 2 dimensional?

The answer is becoming obvious: it's 3d. You can't really claim it's 2d unless you drew the paper on a paper, but in real life, a paper without a third dimension just doesn't exist. The only thing is the third dimension is very very very thin, but you can fold the paper.....

So, flat was never the same as 2d, it isn;t because soemthign is flat than it is 2d. When something becomes 2d is when there is an absence of the dimension entirely, pretty much every snes games are 2d for example. They may try to simulate the third dimension, but you can draw a cube on a paper, that cube will still be 2d.

I mean, g&w is a 3d model that was flattered so not only he is 3d, but he is flat.

Like I don;t think the innovation with paper mario comes with the fact that the models are flat and 3d, it comes more form the fact that it looks......odd to have simulated 2d in a FULL 3d environment. Even simple things like just seeing Paper Mario TURN will look so odd in your eyes because you see depth behind him. What this does is it gives a very huge emphasis on the models and the maps feels more like a background, except it;s a 3d background that is actually true 3d, so much that they do have a 2d background, but it becomes less noticeable.

What's even more innovating is that they really play with this fully. TTYD was really about the fluidity and the flexibility of paper, spm was about the how straight the edges of paper are. I mean, honestly, to do an entire game with the graphics being designed to even reflect a paper is very impressive because a piece of paper just looks bare bones on itself.
Well, yeah. I was agreeing with you.

I was just stating that, because some people see something flat as being 2D

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I do feel something for the characters, because there are characters I like and don't like and I think that's impossible if I didn't feel anything towards them. Just not when something bad happens, like someone dying or so. It's just that these characters were written to have that happen to them. I know it's hypocritical but I don't know why I feel that way.

View attachment 90799
As long as it isn't plagiarism, who cares if it was inspired? All things made are inspired by something, even when you didn't do it on purpose. What's more important is how it looks and I think it looks great.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I do feel something for the characters, because there are characters I like and don't like and I think that's impossible if I didn't feel anything towards them. Just not when something bad happens, like someone dying or so. It's just that these characters were written to have that happen to them. I know it's hypocritical but I don't know why I feel that way.

As long as it isn't plagiarism, who cares if it was inspired? All things made are inspired by something, even when you didn't do it on purpose. What's more important is how it looks and I think it looks great.
Yeah, you're right. But that's always a thing that i try to not do. Sometime, i feel that my character aren't different enough from their model. But for now, all the character i drawn seem to have get good review! So yeah, thank you alot. :)

Snowy.

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnowyFate
I was just playing on Anthers Ladder against a greninja. I thought that I was going to win because I up smashed and KO'd them but I ended up dying first because the town and city platform zoomed out to the right before the teem rocket blasting off animation finished </3

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Why am I still erupting in rage spells over the cut characters?! I mean, I don't even play Smash anymore, why the **** should I care?!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Its happening. The hacking has begun.

Also here's a list of things Nintendo should do,
1. Give Waluigi his own game
2. Give Wolf his own game
3. Make Wolf playable in Mario sports, kart, and party games
#Put Wolf in the Mario sports, Kart, and party games
4. Bring back Krool
5. Make a Metroid game with a sized down Ridley
6. Make a new Metroid Prime
7. Make a new Eternal Darkness game