• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
People these days just expect to get everything they want and when someone this different to that they get all pissy. Corrin is probably gonna be a funner charactrr than half the ones people wanted.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
People these days just expect to get everything they want and when someone this different to that they get all pissy. Corrin is probably gonna be a funner charactrr than half the ones people wanted.
I am honestly extremely excited to play him. His moveset looks incredibly fun and probably more than a good number of existing characters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If they remade it and added the things they planned but dropped to get it out before Ocarina of Time that'd be more than cool to m
I won't lie; I think the game works perfectly as a single player/one character game. Especially with how bad the A.I. is. Having a second playable character could be neat, or third. Which is meant to be Flora and Killiac.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I won't lie; I think the game works perfectly as a single player/one character game. Especially with how bad the A.I. is. Having a second playable character could be neat, or third. Which is meant to be Flora and Killiac.
Killiac... Which one was that?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Killiac... Which one was that?
He's the Pirate. Originally named Cozi among the beta/plans. I forgot what Flora was first named. You also could name Brian, as he was simply called "Magician".

Honestly, in some ways I feel like Aidyn Chronicles is a more complete version. It has a similar battle system, equipment, item you can buy(instead of simply get for free), multiple playable characters... although it's not made by the same team. Just a coincidence, really.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
My top 5 best and worst?

Worst:
5.Little Mac's -it just didn't appeal to me. Not sure why, I just wasn't super hyped for him.

4.Bowser Jr's -Really cool trailer, too bad we already knew he was in the game.

3.Bayonetta's-Got me kind of salty she was the ballot winner

2.Duck Hunt- An okay trailer, too bad we already knew they were playable

1..Greninja's-Intentionally making me think Mewtwo's playable and then giving me a Pokemon that really didn't deserve the slot, along with Squirtle and Ivysaur's deconfirmation really mad me salty.

Best
5.Mii Fighters- Seeing Reggie and Iwata fight it out and the reveal of the amiibos really did it for me in this trailer. If I was a supporter of the Mii at the time, this would probably be higher on the list.

4.Rosalina's- After several months of no newcomer, Rosalina's got me super hyped especially since it marked the beginning of a bunch of reveal trailers. That and Rosalina was my most wanted Mario character too.

3.Corrin's- I love Fire Emblem, and I'm super hyped for Fates, the only thing I really wish is that it was Aqua/Azura who was playable, but Corrin's still incredibly unique, so I'm content.

2. Palutena's- Seeing an anime style of Smash Bros. plus my 3rd most wanted newcomer being revealed playable and Dark Pit discussion was super enjoyable.

1.Lucina and Robin's- It revealed 3 awesome characters, one which is my current main.It also marked the end of the reign of the Gematsu leak, which for the most part, was treated as a God. As an active Chrom detractor (nothing against him, I just wanted Robin, Lucina, and Roy more.) the trailer proved my predictions, and Chrom did become a Final Smash, which I was happy to see.

Honorable mention to the Wii Fit Trainer's, who was the character I was hyped to see at Smash 4's first E3. Megaman and Villager, while cool, weren't enough to hype me up for the newcomers, Wii Fit Trainer was.
Am I the only one who wasn't fooled by Greninja's reveal?

Like you could easily tell right away it wasn't Mewtwo, whether intentional or not. However, people see what they want to see and then get mad when what they see isn't the reality.

I saw so many reaction videos like that.

D

Deleted member

Back when I saw the trailer for the first time in the April 2014 Direct, I could already tell it wasn't Mewtwo.

I can't really say much about that though. Rarely play as the Pokémon and all.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

Like you could easily tell right away it wasn't Mewtwo, whether intentional or not. However, people see what they want to see and then get mad when what they see isn't the reality.

I could already tell it wasn't Mewtwo as soon as I saw an upside down figure that weaved signs with his hands...

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

I was kind of fooled at first. Then I noticed something was up when he was charging his attack, which I couldn't quite identify until he launched it.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
When I first saw Little Mac's trailer I thought it was Ryu. Didn't even pay attention to the music.
I don't know why I thought Ryu would be in Smash 4 at that time.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I hadn't played X/Y at that time, so I didn't know what to expect.

I did notice the body's shape was rather different from Mewtwo's, though. I only realised it wasn't Mewtwo when I saw that the attack was Water Shuriken.

:231:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well see the thing about that is that people's negative responses to Corrin are just wrong. I saw so many live reaction videis and people were like "what the **** Sakurai", "this is stupid!!" blah blah blah.

I do agree that FE has maybe too many characters, which is why I feel Roy shouldn't have been brought back. Funny how he was so heavily requested and hyped when leaked, yet he is the one who is almost a total clone of Marth. Yet when Corrin is revealed, and is nothing like Marth at all, everyone loses their minds just because he wasn't who they really wanted. And how many people were annoyed by Cloud's reveal despite him being "another sword character"? Not many. Then look at Corrin who is far from another sword character, much like Robin, and people lose their **** about his like two sword attacks.

His trailed was great, his inclusion is great.

I agree with this, however. Azura would have been amazing.
The list isn't based on how good the character is, its based on first impressions, and since alot of people weren't happy with it, I placed it at number 1. That doesn't mean everyone hates it, but we have a right to complain.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
At first I thought it was Palutena because the split second of the stormy clouds. :laugh:
But after the balls were thrown, I did think it was Mewtwo at first. I think it wasn't until the Water Shuriken when I realized it wasn't Mewtwo.

I don't believe one bit Sakurai intended to make it look like it was Mewtwo on purpose. (Anti-)Hype combined with the human brain make people overanalyze things (like all those YCG tweets when the Shovel Knight rumor was hot) and see things that aren't there. ('Ridley is in the clouds!' 'Pac-Man is in Greninja's trailer!' 'Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac!')

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
He's the Pirate. Originally named Cozi among the beta/plans. I forgot what Flora was first named. You also could name Brian, as he was simply called "Magician".

Honestly, in some ways I feel like Aidyn Chronicles is a more complete version. It has a similar battle system, equipment, item you can buy(instead of simply get for free), multiple playable characters... although it's not made by the same team. Just a coincidence, really.
Ah yes that's who I thought you were talking about.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
At first I thought it was Palutena because the split second of the stormy clouds. :laugh:
But after the balls were thrown, I did think it was Mewtwo at first. I think it wasn't until the Water Shuriken when I realized it wasn't Mewtwo.

I don't believe one bit Sakurai intended to make it look like it was Mewtwo on purpose. (Anti-)Hype combined with the human brain make people overanalyze things (like all those YCG tweets when the Shovel Knight rumor was hot) and see things that aren't there. ('Ridley is in the clouds!' 'Pac-Man is in Greninja's trailer!' 'Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac!')
I dunno... We did eventually get Pac-Man and Mewtwo, so maybe they were hinting at them after all.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
4.Rosalina's- After several months of no newcomer, Rosalina's got me super hyped especially since it marked the beginning of a bunch of reveal trailers. That and Rosalina was my most wanted Mario character too.
Lol totally agreed with you on this one. Except I will put it on No1 spot. I used to though it was a longshot, until I saw the new Mario Galaxy stage.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I dunno... We did eventually get Pac-Man and Mewtwo, so maybe they were hinting at them after all.
I don't think they were, the brain is a weird thing after all (that's also why we see faces on trees, cars etc.) but I guess we'll never know unless Sakurai himself says they were indeed or not hinting to them.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
When I first saw Little Mac's trailer I thought it was Ryu. Didn't even pay attention to the music.
I don't know why I thought Ryu would be in Smash 4 at that time.
yet he got into smash 4 anyways. so you werent far off. :4ryu:
HADOKEN

i saw the little mac trailer and geeked out so.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
I saw the Rosalina reveal CGI trailer like a 1000 times the first day it came out. It was just so goddamn pretty and my boy Kirby was there being adorable as ****

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I'm honestly not even mad at Corrin for being lame and unoriginal. I just think they're a sign of the overinflation of FE characters in the series. Fire Emblem sells well now, yes, but it only started selling well once it started pandering to the waifu-loving otaku demographic with it's characters. Before then, it was a niche franchise at best.

If Corrin was a newcomer in the next game (that we're pretty certain will happen, Sakurai or no Sakurai), there'd be less dissent involved. As is, there's six (or eight if you count Fem!Robin and Fem!Corrin as alt. characters) Fire Emblem characters and only two Donkey Kong characters, even though DK sells a hell of a lot more than FE does naturally. And people are still clamoring for characters like Lyn, Chrom and etc. This isn't a FE spinoff, guys; the series has enough characters now.

There's a point where a series has reached the cap for what is considered acceptable representation. Mario has reached it, Pokemon is nearing it, but FE has exceeded it. It's not a massive franchise, it doesn't deserve to have the same amount of characters as friggin' Pokemon and Mario. Enough is enough.

A lot of people want characters like K.Rool, Wolf, Ridley and them. Big-name, popular characters who would fit well into the Smash roster (or are returning from previous titles), not characters from games that aren't even released in Western teritories yet. Where's the love for that crowd?

Last edited:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly not even mad at Corrin for being lame and unoriginal. I just think they're a sign of the overinflation of FE characters in the series. Fire Emblem sells well now, yes, but it only started selling well once it started pandering to the waifu-loving otaku demographic with it's characters. Before then, it was a niche franchise at best.

If Corrin was a newcomer in the next game (that we're pretty certain will happen, Sakurai or no Sakurai), there'd be less dissent involved. As is, there's six (or eight if you count Fem!Robin and Fem!Corrin as alt. characters) Fire Emblem characters and only two Donkey Kong characters, even though DK sells a hell of a lot more than FE does naturally. And people are still clamoring for characters like Lyn, Chrom and etc. This isn't a FE spinoff, guys; the series has enough characters now.

There's a point where a series has reached the cap for what is considered acceptable representation. Mario has reached it, Pokemon is nearing it, but FE has exceeded it. It's not a massive franchise, it doesn't deserve to have the same amount of characters as friggin' Pokemon and Mario. Enough is enough.

A lot of people want characters like K.Rool, Wolf, Ridley and them. Big-name, popular characters who would fit well into the Smash roster (or are returning from previous titles), not characters from games that aren't even released in Western teritories yet. Where's the love for that crowd?
That's the problem. People are just mad that we got Corrin instead of their most hyped characters, despite him looking to have a really fun and rather unique moveset. Just because he's another FE character and they feel that King K Rool is more deserving or would fit better.

And again, where was this reaction when Roy was leaked/announced? At least Corrin's moveset is unique. Yet many people wanted Roy to return! Theae people are just hypocrites if that is the case.

Was Corrin a character I was originally hoping for? Nope, never even crossed my mind. But upon his reveal I saw how fun and neat he looks and I am happy with it, and really excited to play him even though none of my most wanted characters became DLC.

The fact of the matter is, Fire Emblem is becoming a much bigger deal more and more. Whether it is because of the "waifu-loving demographic" or not, it has become a big thing. So yes, it makes plenty of sense to have a good amount of characters in the game, especially from Sakurai's standpoint.

Instead of whining about who deserves it more just because their big name character didn't make the cut, and complaining about Corrin being another Fire Emblem character, why not actually judge him based on his moveset and gameplay, and fun factor?

"Wtf Sakurai another FE character...but my king k rool D:<" is all I see on these youtube reactions to Corrin.

Then later in the video, many of them go on to say "Hmm, okay he actually looks pretty cool"

Also comparing the franchises based on their number if characters is just silly and pointless.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
That's the problem. People are just mad that we got Corrin instead of their most hyped characters, despite him looking to have a really fun and rather unique moveset. Just because he's another FE character and they feel that King K Rool is more deserving or would fit better.

And again, where was this reaction when Roy was leaked/announced? At least Corrin's moveset is unique. Yet many people wanted Roy to return! Theae people are just hypocrites if that is the case.

Was Corrin a character I was originally hoping for? Nope, never even crossed my mind. But upon his reveal I saw how fun and neat he looks and I am happy with it, and really excited to play him even though none of my most wanted characters became DLC.

The fact of the matter is, Fire Emblem is becoming a much bigger deal more and more. Whether it is because of the "waifu-loving demographic" or not, it has become a big thing. So yes, it makes plenty of sense to have a good amount of characters in the game, especially from Sakurai's standpoint.

Instead of whining about who deserves it more just because their big name character didn't make the cut, and complaining about Corrin being another Fire Emblem character, why not actually judge him based on his moveset and gameplay, and fun factor?

"Wtf Sakurai another FE character...but my king k rool D:<" is all I see on these youtube reactions to Corrin.

Then later in the video, many of them go on to say "Hmm, okay he actually looks pretty cool"

Also comparing the franchises based on their number if characters is just silly and pointless.
Roy's a veteran character, so he doesn't really have the same trials a newcomer does. People like veteran characters, which is why Wolf was so heavily campaigned for. Corrin is a newcomer, meaning that they had to prove Corrin was something the fans weren't going to leap down Nintendo's throat and claw them open about. Sure, there was salt, but what character reveal doesn't inevitably have salt associated with it?

And what's so wrong with people having negative reactions to a reveal? It's not like they're demonizing people who like the character, they're fans like you or me who have things they want to see. People are naturally opinionated, that's just a fact of life. People having negative reactions to Corrin is just how opinions and people work.

Sure, FE is getting bigger, but it's still a niche franchise in terms of Nintendo's franchises. Show anybody Donkey Kong and they'll know who he is. Show somebody Ike and there's going to be a lot less people who know him. That's the difference.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The only reason why I hate that there's six FE characters is because three of them are clones. Lucina is the worst because she's literally a copy/paste with one edit. In Roy's case, he was already a clone to begin with, and seeing that Sakurai brought no changes to Mewtwo I knew Roy would be majorly similar. Which is fine, but Lucina should have been more separated from the two. At least Luigified if anything.

Out of the six, Ike is still my favorite, but that's until I try out that new dude. I heard he can turn into a dragon so that sounds cool.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
Roy's a veteran character, so he doesn't really have the same trials a newcomer does. People like veteran characters, which is why Wolf was so heavily campaigned for. Corrin is a newcomer, meaning that they had to prove Corrin was something the fans weren't going to leap down Nintendo's throat and claw them open about. Sure, there was salt, but what character reveal doesn't inevitably have salt associated with it?

And what's so wrong with people having negative reactions to a reveal? It's not like they're demonizing people who like the character, they're fans like you or me who have things they want to see. People are naturally opinionated, that's just a fact of life. People having negative reactions to Corrin is just how opinions and people work.

Sure, FE is getting bigger, but it's still a niche franchise in terms of Nintendo's franchises. Show anybody Donkey Kong and they'll know who he is. Show somebody Ike and there's going to be a lot less people who know him. That's the difference.
Well that bias towards veteran characters shouldn't exist. If people are going to be disappointed by Corrin yet hypes for Roy, a clone, just because he is a veteran, that is being hypocritical and has nothing to do with Corrin himself.

It isn't the negative reactions themselves that I have a problem with. It is the reasoning. As in, the only real reason I have seen so many people upset is simply because he is a Fire Emblem character, and that he isnt King K Rool or Wolf, without even considering his moveset or fun factor. And I have seen people practically throw tantrums over his inclusion. That is just sad.
If people saw his trailer and moveset and genuinely still don't like what they see, I am perfectly okay with that.

It's true that more people would recognize Donkey Kong, but you have to realize there are quite a few factors that go into that. So I fail to see how that really matters, niche or not.

Snowy.

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnowyFate
I don't really mind which characters get added to the game because there will always be someone out there who is really happy about a character being added. If a character being included makes people happy then that's reason enough for them to be added in my mind. Of course it's sad for the people who didn't get a character they want in but it's pretty saddening when they have to take it out on the people that do like the characters that got in.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm calling it right now that Sakurai is going to revive another old Nintendo IP.

Particularly any of those that appeared in Captain Rainbow.

:231:
Personally, I prefer the air. :4falco:

If Sakurai is reviving one of those characters, I'd rather have him tackle Lip instead. Leave Takamaru to the real action game expert (Kamiya) since he already said he got him covered.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I don't really get how people thought :4greninja: was :4mewtwo:.

Seriously, the fingers were too flat and it was obvious he was charging a water attack.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Personally, I prefer the air. :4falco:

If Sakurai is reviving one of those characters, I'd rather have him tackle Lip instead. Leave Takamaru to the real action game expert (Kamiya) since he already said he got him covered.
I feel this would be the best case scenario for the both directors. Sakurai can revive his all time favorite puzzle game while Kamiya can breathe new life into his favorite action title of all time. That way, we can have the cute fairy and the cute samurai on the NX and Smash.

Last edited:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
I don't really get how people thought :4greninja: was :4mewtwo:.

Seriously, the fingers were too flat and it was obvious he was charging a water attack.
Exactly. That's why it annoys me to see so many people angry about them "tricking" us by teasing Mewtwo. They were just blinded by their hype and saw Mewtwo when it was pretty easy to tell it wasn't.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Had to get my mind off of something, so I tried my hand at a new Smash Bros. moveset for Adeline. I'll spoiler it in case y'all don't care.

Name: Adeline
Series: Kirby (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)

Moveset potential is one of the most important factors when it comes down to deciding a character. With this in mind, I chose Adeline, because her limits are met by the extension of her artistic capabilities. Any drawing she creates has the ability to come to life, and are commanded by Adeline, making her capabilities almost limitless. This one power I feel opens doors to a new type of playstyle that hasn't really been introduced in Smash though has been touched upon- a summoner.

Paint Meter: Some of her attacks require paint in order to be used. For example, if she uses a Smash attack, it consumes a portion of her paint meter. To restore this meter, use her (B) v, explained below. Having more then half increases all damage she deals, and having less then half increases her speed.

(A) Attacks: While she herself is actually powerless in canon, I decided to go a bit off script and have the majority of her (a) attacks be paint brush swipes, and her dash (a) be, what I like to call, her ragy charge (her final attack seen after you beat her summons in Kirby 64). This gives her some fighting power that doesn't make her glass. Her smash attacks are different however. Each attack brings out a canvas that she rapidly paints on, then releases a drawing to attack her foes. Each charge phase has a certain body movement which can help identify which direction she's smashing, but it's not as visable as most characters. The further the charge, the bigger and stronger the smash attack (ex. Mega Man).

(B) Attacks: One thing I must point out is her ability to store her (B) attacks. Because she must draw before attacking, I think it would be beneficial for her to be able to store these drawings for later use. For example, if her recovery isn't stored, she'll have to draw it first (in the air, she'll always draw in her sketchbook instead of her canvas), then she can use it. However, these moves are extremely powerful, to commend for the start-up. However, stored drawings become weaker if stored for too long. These weaknesses will be explained.

(B): Waddle Doo: When released, a Waddle Doo jumps in front of Adeline and, so long as you hold the (B) button, unleashes a continuous beam. The beam, once you let go of the (b) button, ends with knocking ends straight up. This beam has a very wide range and locks opponents similar to a combo jab. When Waddle Doo jumps in front of Adeline, he knocks the opponent away, but the knockback is fixed and is always in the beam's middle range. When the drawing is weakened, the beam's damage and range is reduced.

(B)>: Wheelie: When released, Adeline hops on a Wheelie and drives off at a very speedy pace equivalent to Sonic's speed. When you hit ground targets, they're pitted, taking moderate damage as well, and targets hit in the air are meteor smashed. Hitting walls or the edges of stages makes the Wheelie jump up and disappear. Weakened versions don't pit targets or meteor smash them, and is slowed down.

(B)^: Bronto Bert: When released, Adeline gets a boost from a Bronto Bert flying straight up, which blows anyone near her away. It'll stop after a certain height, and quickly make a beeline for the nearest target, crashing into them and dealing good damage. When weakened, the height is reduced, and the Bronto Bert flies forward, leaving the stage instead of attacking. When Bronto Bert flies off, Adeline falls, but like Sonic, falls with action, meaning she can attack while landing.

(B)v: Refill: Adeline's most important special, which allows her to refill her Paint Meter. When activated, Adeline gains invincibility for a moment, then replenishes her Paint Meter. When used in the air, it stops her, replenishes her meter, then continues falling. This in case the player is inable to recover.

Final Smash: Kracto: Adeline raises her brush into the air and then on a large canvas draws a large Kracto that she jumps on. It can shoot powerful thunderbolts down, swoop down and crash into enemies, and release electric nova charges- all under your control. Before the Final Smash ends, it's eye spins violently, and Adeline leaps off as it explodes, which has a large radius that can KO most hurt enemies.

Not really gonna expand this unless I get bored. Anywho, let me know what you think and if you have any questions please don't hesitate- I'll gladly explain my madness. :p

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule ,Skyloft, Akaneia, Tellius, Ylisse, Magvel
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
The only reason why I hate that there's six FE characters is because three of them are clones. Lucina is the worst because she's literally a copy/paste with one edit. In Roy's case, he was already a clone to begin with, and seeing that Sakurai brought no changes to Mewtwo I knew Roy would be majorly similar. Which is fine, but Lucina should have been more separated from the two. At least Luigified if anything.

Out of the six, Ike is still my favorite, but that's until I try out that new dude. I heard he can turn into a dragon so that sounds cool.
Lucina shouldn't have been in smash 4... Thats one of the things that annoys me the most in Smash 4. Roy isn't really a clone. Sure he has similar moves but moves are going to be recycled. Roy was requested by many many people. He's the boy lol
People wouldn't be complaining as much, or it wouldn't be as bad if Lucina wasn't in the game. I love her in FE13, but in Smash? BRUH

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lucina shouldn't have been in smash 4...
If she shouldn't of been, she wouldn't be. Sakurai let characters like Duck Hunt and Cloud in, so there aren't any qualifications regarding playability.
Roy isn't really a clone. Sure he has similar moves but moves are going to be recycled.
I'm gonna use this excuse every time somebody calls Young Link a clone. :troll:

But seriously, he's recycled enough moves to be above the Luigified status, which is what makes him a Marth clone, but not as directly as Lucina.
People wouldn't be complaining as much, or it wouldn't be as bad if Lucina wasn't in the game.
I fear you underestimate the *****iness of the fanbase, sir.

Last edited:

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
If she shouldn't of been, she wouldn't be. Sakurai let characters like Duck Hunt and Cloud in, so there aren't any qualifications regarding playability.

I'm gonna use this excuse every time somebody calls Young Link a clone. :troll:

But seriously, he's recycled enough moves to be above the Luigified status, which is what makes him a Marth clone, but not as directly as Lucina.

I fear you underestimate the bitchiness of the fanbase, sir.
I know how much the fanbase can complain. I've seen it lol. Its because Fire Emblem isn't as popular as other games like Mario and Zelda, so when FE gets a lot of attention people don't like it. And I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan, and even I think there's too many FE characters in smash.
Sakurai himself said Lucina was lucky to be in Smash. In my opinion, she shouldn't have been in Smash 4 over her father. If she was going to be put in, I would have liked her to be a unique fighter.
Roy is a Semi-clone like Lucas/Ness, Wolf/Fox, but not considered a full clone... you know how it is

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
We're really whining over the 6 FE characters again? It's times like this where I wish we would go back to ****posts and infractions.

They're in the game. There is no real reason to whine over their inclusion despite the fact that your favorite character didn't get in. None of this leads anywhere. I could go off tangent on why the Pokemon series needs to include other types of Pokemon in the roster but that won't change a damn thing.

I hate to be that guy but can you just move on? Moaning over it won't get anywhere.

Last edited:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
Roy is a Semi-clone like Lucas/Ness, Wolf/Fox, but not considered a full clone... you know how it is
That's...not true at all. Lucas and Wolf are different enough from their counterparts, but Roy is still almost identical. There's no way he is on the same level as semi-clone as Lucas and Wolf.

I have no problem with Roy or having so many FE characters. But you can't say that he isn't a very slightly glorified clone of Marth.

Yet Corrin gets revealed and it's the end of the world.

Last edited:

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
That's...not true at all. Lucas and Wolf are different enough from their counterparts, but Roy is still almost identical. There's no way he is on the same level as semi-clone as Lucas and Wolf.

I have no problem with Roy or having so many FE characters. But you can't say that he isn't a very slightly glorified clone of Marth.

Yet Corrin gets revealed and it's the end of the world.
Ok

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
ESAM put out a video about Smash players quitting recently and I have to say if someone has to put out a video telling people about this sort of thing, then this is getting kinda sad it's becoming such a problem.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
We're really whining over the 6 FE characters again? It's times like this where I wish we would go back to ****posts and infractions.

They're in the game. There is no real reason to whine over their inclusion despite the fact that your favorite character didn't get in. None of this leads anywhere. I could go off tangent on why the Pokemon series needs to include other types of Pokemon in the roster but that won't change a damn thing.

I hate to be that guy but can you just move on? Moaning over it won't get anywhere.
I just want to be clear (And I know you didn't use names) that I don't really care that there's six of them. I do care that there's three clones, but I'm not complaining. Just sharing my thoughts regarding the matter because I saw folks talking about it.

I got Cloud, so you can add whoever you want now. Such a chance was so slim, but Sakurai made it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom