• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
For some reason or another, I completely forgot Lucario was even in this game until I randomly selected him off the roster for Classic Mode (one of the only characters I haden't beaten it with yet).

Turns out he's actually really fun. :4lucario:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So you finally settled on a name? :p

:231:
Yep!
Funnily enough, it actually came about when I was playing FG, and I used the random name generator. "CRUMP" was what it came up with, I liked it, and it just kind of stuck. :grin:

Also, I finally transferred the data from my old 3DS to my "New" model I got for Christmas, and I'm breaking it in with HHD.
I have been wanting to play this forever. :bubblebobble:

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
My akari nendoroid arrived today, and it's hecka cool! I have another one arriving soon and one that will arrive on march. Cant wait to get them!

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
The bad thing about playing FF7 for the first time in this day and age is that it's near impossible to avoid spoilers. :ohwell:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :)

So, a lot happened when I woke up next morning. First, I had problems with paper jam extraction to extract custom archives called bg4 on a program, talked to the author of the program and he actually fixed it :)

The next thing is actually aweosme, going to tag @Red Hunter X because it;s spm related, NOT TECH INVOLVED, and really awesome news.

See, I post stuff on tasvideos about spm lately. There;s so much "inactivity" (there is activity, but it;s really slow) on the game that what happens is no one tests, but that means no one finds anything. However I do test......and I do find stuff that are new and would please tasers to know them and by extent, glitch hunters because it;s useful info about the game. The enemies data spreadsheet i got by coding in Java was asked since......about 8 months maybe? The guy (who is pretty well known for his mario games tas) wanted to know the address of the RNG seed (which I found days after the request) and the drop rates of stuff (which I found a month ago as of this post). I got re asked the later request a few weeks before I found it so you get the idea: the info I find are essential to be known and accessible.

However, on TASVideos, every games has a page called the ressources page. this page is JUST game info like if you want tech stuff and know everything you would need to tas the game, this is where you go. to put this in perspective, here's a very well tested game resources page, smb1:

http://tasvideos.org/GameResources/NES/SuperMarioBros.html

Just look at it, it;s a huge wall of findings!

Now, here's the problem because you kinda get, the resources page for spm JUST because I test has to get updates. the only editor that I know of however actually was inactive since more than a month on the site......and I already posted a VERY exhaustive view on my spreadsheet (you can read it here: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=424019#424019 but it;s a lot of techy stuff).

Annoyed by the issue (and the fact I already had 3 edits on a pm I sent to him) I asked the irc channel what I shoudl do. I got reffered to someone with asking for the permissions of getting edits.

And I got them :)

So now I can finally update and fix the resource page of spm on tasvidoes and not only I am happy, but this actually gives me a lot more work. Today, I will do the table of the PAL offsets, but jsut look how mcuh this page is outdated:

http://tasvideos.org/GameResources/Wii/SuperPaperMario.html

First, the offsets here ARE accurate for US 1.1, however I did days ago the 1.0, 1.1 and 1.0 JP and they are at least 3 times more offsets because I found a lot more than what is there (these are my tests from freaking April!). So, outdated table and since days ago, we know more.

The RNG section is wrong since like a week or 2. The formula actually differ for 1.0 and 1.1 BUT I AM UNSURE OF THE OTHER VERSIONS! Beside, the 1.0 and 1.1 distinction should be made,

Clipping through blocks is WRONG, don;t listen to this. The height might be accurate, I didn;t tested it, but the

"Then stand next to the block. Duck and jump straight upward to the max height you calculated earlier. As you begin to descend, hold 2 and the direction of the corner of the block and you will clip through it. Note that if pressing 2 is making you jump higher instead, you should delay the press a frame."

First, they should explain that you hold 2 as it for whatever reasons makes you landing slower and second, the Note part is not true, if you hold 2 after the jump you should never gain height, but slow down the landing. Also, this is even inaccurate because it;s not just block, it's any corners in the game.

The thread link for the game is wrong too, like seriously....

Anyway the list that needs to be added is huge, offsets tables, more rng formulas, enemies data, how the 2d mode works, how the map render works, how the hitboxes work, a gltich underwater that allows to oob and there;s more to come.

Essentially, I have a lot of stuff to do.

But yeah, just expect that page to fill up a bit in the coming days, and the coming months, it;s clear I didn;t finished to find stuff :)

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
This might only reach out to the more involved Pac-Man fans, but as you may or may not know, the Ms. of the series had some major differences on how the American market (i.e. Midway and Atari) thought what she looked like and how Namco Japan thought what she looked like.

By good luck, I managed to have a random /v/ drawfriend make an image based off it, only just because the Midway/Atari version is so narmy you can clearly see the attempt of attracting male gamers with eye candy.

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
Hey Everybody. Sorry For My Outburst. I Was on a Depression And Stress Attack, because a person in my family died.
And i broke down. And I'm Sorry.
I'm Sorry.
-Bray

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Hey Everybody. Sorry For My Outburst. I Was on a Depression And Stress Attack, because a person in my family died.
I'm Sorry.
-Bray
I am sorry to hear this... are you OK as of right now?

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
The bad thing about playing FF7 for the first time in this day and age is that it's near impossible to avoid spoilers. :ohwell:
As someone who started it for the first time ever last week, I knew the certain major spoiler going into it. I had known it for a while, actually.

But other than that I knew nothing of the story or other characters.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
I'm Sorry.
-Bray
Family deaths are devastating, I hope you feel better soon :(

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Everytime I see the word "weeaboo", I want to smash that person's head on their desk.

I'm Sorry.
-Bray
My condolences. Hope things get better for you and your family.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So there's a rumor KP might be coming to Disney Infinity. This is the least they could do after not given us a 5th season. :v

If this actually happens, I might actually get Disney Infinity to get the Kim Possible figures. Since they only showed Christy Carlson Romano, inb4 trolling and they're actually putting in Even Stevens characters. :p

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Everytime I see the word "weeaboo", I want to smash that person's head on their desk.
That's one of those words I just can't take serious anymore. Other examples are 'waifu/husbando' and 'shoe-in.'

I'm Sorry.
-Bray
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
@Red Hunter X pal offsets are done yay!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w183IO142GsgLmhsyWUo6SHQgyBbzvItKOfNOQwRlGE/edit?usp=sharing

This is btw the version you would have because pal.

Now, since I did got the iso anyway.............I honestly wonder if I should play it because I did 4 offsets tables and I am kinda exhausted and I just want to do crazy things :)

By this I mean play the game in French of course (reminder that USUALLY, French translations kinda suck tbh, the only good one I played so far was the fan translation of earthbound, that one, you can;t go wrong it;s really good).

Now I swear, don;t spoil me red hunter but if the Overthere pun and the game over euphemism are removed, I will rant on it.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I'm Sorry.
-Bray
That's awful... I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'm Sorry.
-Bray
Sorry to hear that, don't worry about the outburst; the community is here to support you

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm Sorry.
-Bray
Sorry to hear about your loss...Hope things get better.

D

Deleted member

I'm Sorry.
-Bray
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Don't worry about everything; we're here to support you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I'm Sorry.
-Bray
Oh. Sorry about your loss, I really hope you and your family get better.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
I just hate when people call big anime fans "weeb trash" and whatnot.

I've seen a lot of those kind of remarks in comments about that SMT x FE game.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I just hate when people call big anime fans "weeb trash" and whatnot.

I've seen a lot of those kind of remarks in comments about that SMT x FE game.
Again, it's still better than people calling them "otakus"

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Otaku means "Loser with no social life who is obsessed with a certain thing so much they even stop having hygiene".

Japanese people use it as an insult and people who call themsleves by that are seen freaks one must avoid.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Not so fun fact: In my city there's a bi-monthly event called "Otaku Bazaar" where people sell some cool anime/gaming stuff in a mostly abandoned mall
I go to find old Burger King Pokémon toys sometimes, they have Figmas/Figuarts but most of the time is a bootleg fest

"Otaku" is a heavy insult in japanese culture that means "staying at home and having no life"
But in the west is mistranslated as something positive

EDIT: :4greninja: 'd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom