• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red-White

Smash Apprentice
As I definitely think it's too early to be even thinking about a new smash game, here I am thinking about a new smash game so THANKS. SMASH 4 SOCIAL THREAD. FOR NOTHING.
Anyway, the thought of a new smash game makes me somewhat sad. I don't want smash 4 and it's competitive community to leave, and smash 4 probably would die out to the creation of a new smash game. Melee is still around due to it's incredibly unique engine, and I think smash 4 also has an incredibly unique engine. In fact, all of the smash games have unique engines, but as we've seen, Brawl has pretty much been entirely abandoned. As I don't care for Brawl all too much, it's sad to see a member of the Smash family being somewhat neglected in favor for the newest, and someday Smash 4, my favorite game, might also be abandoned.
Besides, I don't want to see Smash 4 die before someone, doesn't have to be me but, someone pulls Roy out of mid-tier like he deserves.

I think Smash can and will go on forever, even if no more games come out, and even if we do have to see different games in the smash series stop being played, we still have each other, right? Isn't that what makes Smash Brothers, Smash Brothers? The Smash Brothers themselves?

Sorry to get so real by the way,

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
How does one sidestep (or spot dodge) in place on the ground? I'm not talking about rolling or shielding. Its that similar sidestep motion you have in the air, just on the ground. I can't seem to do it, just roll, activate the reflector, or shield.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I see Dillon is keeping up his regal image. :laugh:
He is a love him-or-hate him type of user. :p

I don't make New Year's Resolutions as I usually don't follow them through.

How does one sidestep (or spot dodge) in place on the ground? I'm not talking about rolling or shielding. Its that similar sidestep motion you have in the air, just on the ground. I can't seem to do it, just roll, activate the reflector, or shield.
Shield and down. I suppose you're having difficulty inputting it?

:231:

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm going to assume you're using a GC Controller and it requires you to stand in place, then angle your shield button (R or L) downwards.

Try practicing to get the hang of it.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I'm going to assume you're using a GC Controller and it requires you to stand in place, then angle your shield button (R or L) downwards.

Try practicing to get the hang of it.
No, Wiimote and Nunchuk. Brawl setup.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
It is much better to play Smash with a Classic Controller or a GC controller.
Meh, I just got accustomed to the setup after using that setup endlessly on Brawl. Why change something if it works? Wiimote is pretty old (its the same wiimote from when we got the Wii in 07 or 08) but I doubt that is anything to do with anything.

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
Meh, I just got accustomed to the setup after using that setup endlessly on Brawl. Why change something if it works? Wiimote is pretty old (its the same wiimote from when we got the Wii in 07 or 08) but I doubt that is anything to do with anything.
Sidestepping is triggered when you input down while in your shield. I know someone already said it, but I just felt like helping.

That being said, anyone up for Smash 3DS? Waiting for @Red Hunter X to come online so he can give criticism on his request.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
For some reason or another, you seem to remind me of a user that got her account deleted by the staff a few months ago. Could just be a coincidence.
Really? What makes you say that?

And I hope that is a good thing?

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Is teching annoying to do online for you guys as well? I think it's like a 20 frame window, with even the slightest delay it doesn't work.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Speaking on controllers, I was talking the other day about spm in a speedrun group, and there was that guy that kept telling how spm sucks because you would have to use a wiimote (a lot complains on text mashing).

.......while I glitch hunt the game and I just am fine to mash the text lol :)

(seriously, I like the wiimote in spm.....)

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
My car almost spun out today, driving home. The ice was really bad, and even taking a turn really slowly was tough to control. Luckily it was 2 AM and I was pretty much alone on the road.

I'm really considering getting a truck next.

Well, that user was a very loved one by many of the regulars here, so it is a good thing I guess :p
I'll take that as a compliment then! Well, in a way...sorta.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, that user was a very loved one by many of the regulars here, so it is a good thing I guess :p
My car almost spun out today, driving home. The ice was really bad, and even taking a turn really slowly was tough to control. Luckily it was 2 AM and I was pretty much alone on the road.

I'm really considering getting a truck next.

I'll take that as a compliment then! Well, in a way...sorta.
Stay very far away if they start Someone is going to take offense to this idolizing you here, though.

Blech. I don't usually cringe so much.

The person in question was undoubtedly a nice person though, if I understand the inference.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Jesus, the Gunzerker is a powerhouse! Tinder Snowflake nearly downed in seconds after ****** his face with dual Rubi/DPUH pistols. Damage on this dude is nuts. Maybe I'll try farming raid bosses with him, cause I'd like the ability to farm for the Big Boom Blaster shield on the Ancient Dragons.

My Assassin can wreck Hyperius using the B0re trick, and my Commando can farm Terramorphous with relative ease using Fire Lead Storm. I beat Master Gee once but the fight itself is too dumb and broken for me to even try. Shame cause he drops the Hawkeye sniper rifle.

Gonna hold off on that new character. Wanna focus on building up my other guys first.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Is someone who told me twice that I should commit suicide considerd a friend? :/
Because I sure as hell don't think so. Christ... You trust someone and all of the sudden you get insulted on a daily basis.
Also he considers everything I like (in terms of games,anime, etc) trash. I have lost my trust in mankind a long time ago. And this is one of the reason i'm gonna lose it again.

Kitzu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kitzu77
Is someone who told me twice that I should commit suicide considerd a friend? :/
Because I sure as hell don't think so. Christ... You trust someone and all of the sudden you get insulted on a daily basis.
Also he considers everything I like (in terms of games,anime, etc) trash. I have lost my trust in mankind a long time ago. And this is one of the reason i'm gonna lose it again.
What? Of course not! Telling someone to commit suicide - even if it's a joke - is really bad. Why would you even be friends with him after that? And him considering everything you like trash may be his opinion but from the sounds of it he's just saying it to make you angry.

There are the bad people in this world, but others are there for you. Lose faith in 50% of mankind :p

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's not about Sakurai: It's about actually making any kind of attempt at joining in other people's conversations, being social, and not wasting everyone's time by spamming the EXACT same topic that nobody has interest talking about in every single post every time without ever expanding on conversation topics.
Yeah, I remember he did that before, well, at least he's not a terrible troll. But he does need someone to talk out of, even you got a warning for that post, in my opinion, I think it's a necessary thing to do.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
You know him long? Maybe he's just joking in an edgy butthole kind of way. Either way its best to distance yourself if he seems to have suddenly turned heel for no reason.

Last edited:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
Stay very far away if they start Someone is going to take offense to this idolizing you here, though.

Blech. I don't usually cringe so much.

The person in question was undoubtedly a nice person though, if I understand the inference.
Oh. Well I don't think that will happen to me, I don't really see how. But thanks for the heads up!

Not at all. This doesn't sound like just playful teasing between friends. My close friends and I do tease each other a lot, but we all know it is just teasing as friends. Doesn't seem like that in your case, unfortunately.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That doesn't sound like what a friend would do. People do sometimes made some terrible jokes to tease you, but suicide is crossing the line.
Though if the change in behaviour is sudden, maybe he has a wrong group of friends.
Stay away from him, for now at least.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I convinced my friend today to main Marth in Melee. I am hoping to teach him more about Marth once i improve my skill because i think we are on the same skill level right now.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
That doesn't sound like what a friend would do. People do sometimes made some terrible jokes to tease you, but suicide is crossing the line.
Though if the change in behaviour is sudden, maybe he has a wrong group of friends.
Stay away from him, for now at least.

It's hard to stay away from him considering he keeps coming to me during internship. It feels like he just comes after me to insult me. Even when i'm talking to someone else, he just interupts the conversation to annoy me. The guy knows my weaknesses. He knows that i'm pessimistic and that I have been bullied when I was younger and yet he still continues to behave like this.

Good thing i'm part of a friend group (4 of us) now and they truly feel like friends despite me doubting them at first. They truly say the nicest things to me and we hang out quite a lot. Heck one of 'em even bought me a chocolate letter for Sinterklaas! :D The only downside to this group is that I for some reason feel uncomfortable sometimes when i'm with them. But that probably has to do with my poor social skills. It's also the first friend group i'm a part of where no one insults me or makes fun of me. :)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I found a pretty interesting thing.
IMG_20151229_230746446.jpg

Just look at the HD graphics! :laugh:
And the Bee Movie on Galaxian for some reason.

Luig

Confused
Is teching annoying to do online for you guys as well? I think it's like a 20 frame window, with even the slightest delay it doesn't work.
I've lost a fair share of matches due to that, and I know I hit Zr before I hit the wall, but the damn lag!
Whenever I start a match, I always shield at the beginning to know how much input delay there is.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Over 9 million games in one? Suuuuure... I've heard of 500 games in one, but this is just silly.
Also "Clay Shotting"
The best part is, the games on the cover are the only games in the cartridge. :laugh:
The rest of the cartridge is filled with the copies over and over again to reach 9999999.

Course it does, but the other 9999992 games are just the same games with slightly different names and some are reskins....
How the heck did you guess? lol

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Course it does, but the other 9999992 games are just the same games with slightly different names and some are reskins....
The best part is, the games on the cover are the only games in the cartridge. :laugh:
The rest of the cartridge is filled with the copies over and over again to reach 9999999.

How the heck did you guess? lol

I suddenly remembered I used to have something like that too. It was a 1000-in-1 game console, but there were only a couple original games. And none of them was fun.

Luig

Confused
So I was leaning back in this rolly chair, and then I started to tip over.

Luckily, I used my Sonic speed to run around the globe, buy a chili dog, then catch the chair.

Wait....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom