• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I hate when people use profile pictures as a way to "disprove" someone. It's sad how people throw these out because they don't have a rebuttal in an argument and instantly gain likes by other haters.
Things such as:
"Ur a brony **** off"
"Weeaboo trash gtfo"
"Autistic minecraft player, go die"
"****ing furry, go back to the basement,
Yeah, I know I shouldn't be on YT's comment section since it's full of idiots. My point still stands though. Plus I got to see another person comparing pedophilia to gay marriage. ******* like this are a one of a kind.

DISCLAIMER: I don't mean to insult anyone with this post other than "people" who use these sentences as an "argument" on social media to try to get other haters to like their comments so they can then say that "ur losing because i haev moar lieks". I'm an ex-brony, anime-watching (Cory in the House), Minecraft player who could be considered a furry. I have nothing against these fandoms apart from the vocal people who give them a bad name.
pls dont warn me mods
i mean if you do at least give me a funny custom message

Last edited:

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
While the term weeaboo is overused, I feel like it still has a place.

Now, I'm not saying that liking or even loving Japanese animation makes you a weeaboo. I mean somebody who basically worships Japan to the point where they believe every misconception about Japan and think it's heaven.

Although normally if I use the word weeaboo, I'm joking.

Unless you actually are a weeaboo.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
I marathon the Star Wars Movies last night to get ready for the newest one and I fell asleep and had a dream about having a therapy session with General Grievous. He gave me a lightsaber and told me that I should execute my enemies to treat my social anxiety.

Then I woke up extremely confused.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I marathon the Star Wars Movies last night to get ready for the newest one and I fell asleep and had a dream about having a therapy session with General Grievous. He gave me a lightsaber and told me that I should execute my enemies to treat my social anxiety.

Then I woke up extremely confused.
So are you going to listen to his advice or what?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Don't you mean a 'new' game? I'm pretty sure you already released one game, although I admit I forgot the name of it.
I released Quality Television back in 2014. This year I made Elevacuum for Ludum Dare 34, but it isn't anywhere near as complete as I want it to be.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey Everybody. Sorry For My Outburst. I Was on a Depression And Stress Attack, because a person in my family died.
And i broke down. And I'm Sorry.
I'm Sorry.
-Bray
No need to apologise. Take your time to recover.

Very sorry about your loss.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I finally saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Definitely a fantastic movie, and one that I will agree is the movie of 2015. Won't be surprised if it takes a good chunk of Oscars in the coming months.

For those that want to know more of my thoughts about the movie, I copy and pasted my thoughts and reactions from the Nintenzone Social Thread and thought I'd leave it here. Be warned, there are spoilers!

Finn and Rey were awesome characters. They both had their moments in their fight scenes, and I can't wait to see more of them in action further into the trilogy. With Finn, I found his interactions with Han Solo made for some of the funniest scenes in the movie. With Rey, I somewhat expected she was capable of the Force (something about her seemed really special about her when she was first revealed), though I can't wait to see her use if more in the next two movies. Also, potential romance between Finn and Rey hinted at the ending when Rey kissed the injured Finn's forehead?

Also, I absolutely loved the scene when Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Finn overpower Phasma; I grinned because it was so satisfying to see them overpower a very-high-in-position commander of the First Order like Phasma (kind of wish we got to more of Phasma in the movie though; she was pretty badass).

Kylo Ren is definitely an interesting character, one that is being hyped up for a pretty interesting backstory that we will learn more about in the coming movies. And good lord, the temper! He's even more violent than his grandfather. Did I say grandfather. Yeah, I was shocked to learn he's Han Solo and Leia's son, thus making Darth Vader his grandfather and Luke his uncle. I remember joking to myself that Ren was related to the Skywalkers when I saw one of the earlier trailers, as I knew I had to be open to other possibilities. Welp, looks my initial joke was true, all of it (pun intended). A part of me felt bad for Ren because of what has happened to him, another part was mad at him for killing Han Solo. On that thought, I almost cried when Han Solo died. That scene was really powerful.

And Kylo Ren vs Rey was quite the suspenseful fight. I felt like the fissure was a sort of a "cut-off" to the battle, as it was its way of saying "That's enough for now; just wait until the next two movies; it gets better." Seriously, both are still rather inexperienced with their light saber skills, and now that Ren will be sent back to Snoke for recovery and training while Luke will train Rey? Oh man, the Ren vs Rey rematch will be epic, no doubt that.

I really want to know more about Snoke though; he's becoming the Emperor Palpatine of the new trilogy, and I have a feeling we are in for some big details about him as we delve further into the trilogy.

And finally, the ending. I honestly thought Luke Skywalker wasn't going to appear in this movie, but rather Episode VIII or even IX. Well, I'm happy to see he appeared in the ending; can't wait to see what he will do further into the trilogy. Also, the ending gave me thoughts that Rey and Luke could be related. We still don't know much about Rey's past, though that little girl during the visions scene looked a lot like her; perhaps that specific vision was when Luke left her? On one hand, it makes sense since the visions relate to Luke's memories; on the other hand, if they were related, how come they didn't recognize each other in a way like it was a family reunion? Perhaps they aren't related, but I won't be surprised if they really are; it will be really interesting to see how it plays out.

And with that, it's time to wait for May 2017. I can't wait to see what this sequel trilogy will become!

Hey Everybody. Sorry For My Outburst. I Was on a Depression And Stress Attack, because a person in my family died.
And i broke down. And I'm Sorry.
I'm Sorry.
-Bray
I'm really sorry about your loss.:(

Remember that the Smashboards community is here for you.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I found a pretty interesting thing.
View attachment 89971
Just look at the HD graphics! :laugh:
And the Bee Movie on Galaxian for some reason.

:231:
I remember this kind of cartridge flows around the pawn shop in my country decades ago, especially the time when Gameboy and Famicom was popular in my country.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
There's no escape from being pranked....

its been two times in a row now...

THIS IS JUST LIKE LAST YEAR!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've been messing around with Cloud in For Glory a little. He's a pretty fun character, but that mostly because I like Ike and Shulk already.

Still, putting in some work with Mega Man. And while I've been winning a few more matches, There's still that chance I'll come across a really good player once in a while, where I can only take a single stock from them.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
This one does the opposite and always makes me sad.
This was when our ogrelord died for our sins. :'(
#weallloveyousenpaisherkwhoisalsoourlordimeanogrelord

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :)

(btw, idk if you got it, but if I type a lot of I while saying hi, it means I am very happy and I am about to tell why)

Metal Shop X Metal Shop X (that avi btw)
@Blargg888

And I guess those liking spm :)

So, since I got edits permissions on Tasvideos, I started yesterday and I realised how sketchy the formatting is.

this isn't your typical word / libreoffice document where you click 5 times and MAGIC you have a table, NO!

IT'S REALLY WEIRD AND IT TAKES A FREAKING MANUAL!

I am not joking here;s some literature: http://tasvideos.org/TextFormattingRules.html

Like, to force a newline, you do %%% (yep, 3 % sign), to do a table, it;s the header have || before them and an empty one on the line is the end of the header rows and for normal rows, it;s | before them and the last | of a line is the end of the row.

And a lot of oddities like that, it;s even worse than the raw editor on SB!

So, it took hours to figure out a way to format my spreadsheet so they are formatted. The trick guys is simple, search and replace using regular expression. it;s basically expressions to search in a very advanced way. So that way I can format a spreadsheet that is huge like 535 rows and like 13 columns quickly.

Now, I did edited the page and let me tell you, the way tasvideos works isn't as easy as Wikia is. First, you really have to have a reasons to edit the pages which is why by default, you don't have permissions, I have to ask an admin to have them. Second, the IRC is hooked to the edition thing so how it works is for any major edits you do, you are strongly advised to check irc notify what this does is if you click save, it will notify the IRC channel with the summary you put. you CAN uncheck it, but even the guide tells you to check it unless you do like 5 edits in a row, that;s spamming. Or if it;s just a minor edit....

So basically, it;s really tight security.

Now what I edited......is amazing.

just.....look:

http://tasvideos.org/GameResources/Wii/SuperPaperMario.html

Like, the first expand tab shows every offsets on every versions, the second one is THE ENTIRE ENEMIES DATA TABLE!

I am not joking, now the enemies data are publicly available.
This for those who don't know how tas works is critical info. What a taser wants to know is how to optimise his run to route it in a specific way and the drop rates can help to know if he should manipulate the RNG. The problem is SPM can be very optimised so if you don;t know the basic data, you cannot optimise the route. But now that the data are there, they can know :)

Like you need to know the drop rates to know if it';s worth to manipulate the rng. If it;s a 60% drop, it;s much more attracting to manipulate than say a 2% rare one.

The other thing I did is update the rng formula, updated the duck jump clip and finally fixed the thread link (I cannot believe no one noticed it was broken).

What I will do today is add explanation for the addresses and the columns of the enemies data and add the pal rng formula. After, I really need a break so I will play spm in French to laugh a bit :)

Very happy that the most important info i have are now added :) :) :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :)

(btw, idk if you got it, but if I type a lot of I while saying hi, it means I am very happy and I am about to tell why)

Metal Shop X Metal Shop X (that avi btw)
@Blargg888

And I guess those liking spm :)

So, since I got edits permissions on Tasvideos, I started yesterday and I realised how sketchy the formatting is.

this isn't your typical word / libreoffice document where you click 5 times and MAGIC you have a table, NO!

IT'S REALLY WEIRD AND IT TAKES A FREAKING MANUAL!

I am not joking here;s some literature: http://tasvideos.org/TextFormattingRules.html

Like, to force a newline, you do %%% (yep, 3 % sign), to do a table, it;s the header have || before them and an empty one on the line is the end of the header rows and for normal rows, it;s | before them and the last | of a line is the end of the row.

And a lot of oddities like that, it;s even worse than the raw editor on SB!

So, it took hours to figure out a way to format my spreadsheet so they are formatted. The trick guys is simple, search and replace using regular expression. it;s basically expressions to search in a very advanced way. So that way I can format a spreadsheet that is huge like 535 rows and like 13 columns quickly.

Now, I did edited the page and let me tell you, the way tasvideos works isn't as easy as Wikia is. First, you really have to have a reasons to edit the pages which is why by default, you don't have permissions, I have to ask an admin to have them. Second, the IRC is hooked to the edition thing so how it works is for any major edits you do, you are strongly advised to check irc notify what this does is if you click save, it will notify the IRC channel with the summary you put. you CAN uncheck it, but even the guide tells you to check it unless you do like 5 edits in a row, that;s spamming. Or if it;s just a minor edit....

So basically, it;s really tight security.

Now what I edited......is amazing.

just.....look:

http://tasvideos.org/GameResources/Wii/SuperPaperMario.html

Like, the first expand tab shows every offsets on every versions, the second one is THE ENTIRE ENEMIES DATA TABLE!

I am not joking, now the enemies data are publicly available.
This for those who don't know how tas works is critical info. What a taser wants to know is how to optimise his run to route it in a specific way and the drop rates can help to know if he should manipulate the RNG. The problem is SPM can be very optimised so if you don;t know the basic data, you cannot optimise the route. But now that the data are there, they can know :)

Like you need to know the drop rates to know if it';s worth to manipulate the rng. If it;s a 60% drop, it;s much more attracting to manipulate than say a 2% rare one.

The other thing I did is update the rng formula, updated the duck jump clip and finally fixed the thread link (I cannot believe no one noticed it was broken).

What I will do today is add explanation for the addresses and the columns of the enemies data and add the pal rng formula. After, I really need a break so I will play spm in French to laugh a bit :)

Very happy that the most important info i have are now added :) :) :)
'Seem very interesting! The fact that you have give information on the enemy and other thing for helping people that will do TAS in the futur (If there is ever one.) seem really great!

Also, what have my avi? Do you like it?
Flowey_Talk_normal.gif

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
'Seem very interesting! The fact that you have give information on the enemy and other thing for helping people that will do TAS in the futur (If there is ever one.) seem really great!

Also, what have my avi? Do you like it?
View attachment 90154
I suggest you check the table because it shows unused data (like 3 dimentio fight instead of 2).

And the avi, it;s because you kept putting Flowey gif so making it as an avi stroke me as funny :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I suggest you check the table because it shows unused data (like 3 dimentio fight instead of 2).

And the avi, it;s because you kept putting Flowey gif so making it as an avi stroke me as funny :)
For really, i tried to research a good looking Flowey fanart that could work as a avi. But all i got is image that can't be used as a avatar. So, i have decide to use this one in the end.
Damn you Internet, it is so hard to draw a flower?!:4charizard:
Also, i am going to check more the table so.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, Flowey is a horrible creature and you deserve to die, but it's otherwise good.
Aww thanks, i take that as a compliment.
shoelazy_by_takocats-d9dsqnw.gif

Anyway, you can't hate Flowey if you love/like Goat Bro. Or else, there is a paradox here.:4drmario:

Luig

Confused
Alright guys, I made Sonic's Fsmash come out on frame one, do 22% damage, and have bkb of 120 and kbg of 170.
Does that sound balanced?
It also breaks shields and has no end lag.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I default to this avatar and occasionally switch to temporary ones.

I've considered switching to something from Undertale, but it's all been done before.
For me it's just that there are a lot of fictional characters that I like which makes it hard for me to just choose one for a long period of time. Also.. I kinda "feel bad" for the other characters I don't have as an avatar.

Summing it up, it's just that I don't have a "favorite" favorite character. Makes sense, right? No? oh.....okay...

Kitzu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kitzu77
Luig Luig That sounds balanced, I think you just need to nerf Greninja, then it will be a bit better.

Edit: My memez r tu dank

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Playing HHD brings me so much joy. It's fun and cute, and they did so many cool things I hope they include in the next AC game, and it's so gosh darn addictive. :grin:

Animal Crossing has always been one of my favorite franchises, so that might have something to do with it, but I'm just enjoying the crap out of it. :bluejump:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom