• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Hee hee, just got back from this small tournament I went to. I got first place, big sis second and little sis third XD We swept through the competition, the whole time the others kept rooting for our opponents telling them to take us down hehe. In the end, we did 3v5's against others and still ended up winning haha. It was toooo funnyyy XD

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I stayed up all night playing Path of Radiance on Hard Mode.

It certainly is... not what I'm used to. I had to reset one particular chapter some 10 times (the one with two bridges) because someone or the other just had to keep dying. >_>

I'm at the stage after Ike's father dies.

:231:

Last edited:

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
I didn't feel like hiding it considering the majority of the site knows it and game itself is a decade old, but okay. :p

If somethings older than 15-20 years, no one can really get mad at you for spoiling it. Idk, I've never played the game, but I don't intend to either.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Kinda curious... Are there Japanese that are like really into western cartoons? Like... is there a community? Surely there must some of them that are...

Luig

Confused
I got PM64 with my Club Nintendo account for free...

I've messed around with some of the beta badges.
Quake stomp+Right on(or whatever it was called)=Softlock

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I shuddered because someone mentioned Sticker Star.

Quake stomp+Right on(or whatever it was called)=Softlock
That made me curious about the beta badges so I looked it up and Anger's Power is pretty... interesting.

Last edited:

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
Well, I have pm64 on Wii, WiiU and n64.

Hopefully spm will be on vc soon because it was actually leaked to be :)
I have 64 on VC, TTYD emulated on a rooted wii via nintendont, physical disk of spm, and sticker star (which I dislike, but still own) as a physical copy.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I have 64 on VC, TTYD emulated on a rooted wii via nintendont, physical disk of spm, and sticker star (which I dislike, but still own) as a physical copy.
Screenshot from 2015-12-30 22:16:00.png

:)

Yeah, that;s what happens when you glitch hunt and fun fact, the 2 USA spm are actually different, top is 1.0 and second is 1.1 :)

yay, game versions!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
What are the differences between 1.0 and 1.1? TL;DR version please
Well, the only thing I know off is the offsets differs a lot and there's a clip on a shop that was fixed in 1.1.

But the most accurate answer I can give is "further research are required.", there;s really no tests performed and I need to get to this eventually, but since I am the only one working actively now, well, it;s going slow, but it progress at least :)

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to a New Year's Eve party tomorrow after work, which I am pretty excited about.

But is it sad that, while I am excited to go, I'm also slightly wishing I could just stay home and play video games instead? I have so many games to play and never enough time.

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
I'm going to a New Year's Eve party tomorrow after work, which I am pretty excited about.

But is it sad that, while I am excited to go, I'm also slightly wishing I could just stay home and play video games instead? I have so many games to play and never enough time.
My family is hosting a New Year's Party, so I'll be able to beat everyone at smash since none of them know how to grab

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
My family is hosting a New Year's Party, so I'll be able to beat everyone at smash since none of them know how to grab
I'm holding off on playing Smash until the rest of the DLC is released. Then I can enjoy it all at once.

The party tomorrow will be pretty intense, I'm sure, but a very small part of me wants to be home playing Witcher 3..

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Kinda curious... Are there Japanese that are like really into western cartoons? Like... is there a community? Surely there must some of them that are...
For some reason Happy Tree Friends is surprisingly very popular there, to the point where most fanart of the show is actually japanese and the characters as humans. Even the creators have knowledge of that.

The Powerpuff Girls are also big there, to the point they made their own version, an anime called Dema****a! Powerpuff Girls Z. Cartoon Network of Japan did even release some PPG x Vocaloid merchandise at some point and most recently for the show's anniversary some PPG x Love Live! merch.

And of course, there's Disney. Pixiv at some point was overflowing with Frozen fanart, and even without that the company has a very strong following there, to the point there's a Disney Park in Tokyo and have even released some series for the japanese market. Lilo & Stitch is particularly their most popular series there (hence why an anime of it exists and having a world in Kingdom Hearts before other more classic Disney pictures).

Also Spider-Man is considered a national symbol by many.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
For some reason I really dislike celebrating New Year's Eve, I see it as unnecessary and as another reason to waste money after wallets got rekt due X-Mas.
I prefer to spend the day as a normal one.... and then hide in a safe room at 12am because people go crazy firing guns at that hour

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
For some reason I really dislike celebrating New Year's Eve, I see it as unnecessary and as another reason to waste money after wallets got rekt due X-Mas.
I prefer to spend the day as a normal one.... and then hide in a safe room at 12am because people go crazy firing guns at that hour
I mean, this is pretty true. I don't actually really care about watching the ball drop, or celebrating a new year and resolutions.

It's just an excuse to go to a crazy party and lose yourself in the fun, for a while.

Though I'm likely going to have regrets for my decisions tomorrow night, as I have an early shift at work the next morning. That is going to be rather...unpleasant.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I mean, this is pretty true. I don't actually really care about watching the ball drop, or celebrating a new year and resolutions.

It's just an excuse to go to a crazy party and lose yourself in the fun, for a while.

Though I'm likely going to have regrets for my decisions tomorrow night, as I have an early shift at work the next morning. That is going to be rather...unpleasant.
You should stay a home playing Witcher 3 instead.
I had plans to go early in the morning to pick up a package and then stay all day home playing Smash 3DS, but some family members decided to come here to dinner despite we said no in many indirect ways, so my plans of a chill day playing games are ruined; don't ruin your chances of a calm day.

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
I'm probably going to buy Rivals of Aether tomorrow and play that instead of doing anything productive :)

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I see "Happy New Years", and all I can think is "crap, I have to go back to school soon".

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wait a sec aldelaro5 aldelaro5 is it true that you own a copy of Sticker Star but not Undertale?
yes, I didn't felt like playing undertale even though the game is really good, but the reasons I bought SS physically is because I came to a point where I love paper mario so much to not buy SS digitally AND I so badly wanted to review it with a much more accurate view then just saying what I heard and btw, I am very glad I did this.

And I even paid full price AFTER I learned everything, that's how badly I wanted to review the game.

Undertale, tbh, I don't want to review it because I saw enough to tell you that it's innovating, but has some work to be refined for it to be better.

But it is true, for their raw game, I wouldn’t want to play both games, SS is a very rare exception.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
yes, I didn't felt like playing undertale even though the game is really good, but the reasons I bought SS physically is because I came to a point where I love paper mario so much to not buy SS digitally AND I so badly wanted to review it with a much more accurate view then just saying what I heard and btw, I am very glad I did this.

And I even paid full price AFTER I learned everything, that's how badly I wanted to review the game.

Undertale, tbh, I don't want to review it because I saw enough to tell you that it's innovating, but has some work to be refined for it to be better.

But it is true, for their raw game, I wouldn’t want to play both games, SS is a very rare exception.
These are good points, but you fail to consider that in Undertale you can date a skeleton!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
These are good points, but you fail to consider that in Undertale you can date a skeleton!
You also fails to consider that Sticker Star has the worst world (world 3) out of any Paper Mario game, it is atrocious and terribly made.

THAT is not only more prominent than a skeleton date, but it also leaves a much stronger impression :)

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
FalKoopa FalKoopa no, you will not hide these cute corner characters in your tittle, I noticed them :)

Anyway, MY HEADPHONE AMP IS IN THE MAIL YAY!!!!!

I'll have it today :)

So, going to bring out my 3ds because it;s the device I really want to hear the differences......i guess I would also have my wiu Gamepad.

I actually expect it to improve on my pc because while doing research to buy an amp, I found out that the dac I was using was worse than my pc dac, but the amp was better. So I used my pc dac + amp and realised....the dac is really fine.....but the amp is not doing enough.

For those who needs reminder, a dac converts your digital audio from your device to analog which humans can hear with speakers or headphones. Amp, they just take the signal and make it louder, but as authentic as possible.

The onboard dac and amp on your pc and portable devices usually are meh, but tbh, I couldn;t really complain on the dacs I had, btu i could on the amp (the sound was often not loud enough, not to mention my headphones has an impedence spike, they might be 50 ohmns, but they go to 300 ohmns at like 100 htz which is the high bass area).

Aka, it shoudln;t be a huge difference, btu it should definitely improve the sound I get from my headphones who are already very good (Sennheiser hs 598, would cost around 200 US$, btu man they are worth it because open back and the clarity of these highs......ahhhhhhhhhh).

Though, here;s when you know you would want a dac: if you hear high pitch sounds or crackling or any kind of interferences, that means you really need a dac, will solve everything :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
FalKoopa FalKoopa no, you will not hide these cute corner characters in your tittle, I noticed them :)

Anyway, MY HEADPHONE AMP IS IN THE MAIL YAY!!!!!

I'll have it today :)

So, going to bring out my 3ds because it;s the device I really want to hear the differences......i guess I would also have my wiu Gamepad.

I actually expect it to improve on my pc because while doing research to buy an amp, I found out that the dac I was using was worse than my pc dac, but the amp was better. So I used my pc dac + amp and realised....the dac is really fine.....but the amp is not doing enough.

For those who needs reminder, a dac converts your digital audio from your device to analog which humans can hear with speakers or headphones. Amp, they just take the signal and make it louder, but as authentic as possible.

The onboard dac and amp on your pc and portable devices usually are meh, but tbh, I couldn;t really complain on the dacs I had, btu i could on the amp (the sound was often not loud enough, not to mention my headphones has an impedence spike, they might be 50 ohmns, but they go to 300 ohmns at like 100 htz which is the high bass area).

Aka, it shoudln;t be a huge difference, btu it should definitely improve the sound I get from my headphones who are already very good (Sennheiser hs 598, would cost around 200 US$, btu man they are worth it because open back and the clarity of these highs......ahhhhhhhhhh).

Though, here;s when you know you would want a dac: if you hear high pitch sounds or crackling or any kind of interferences, that means you really need a dac, will solve everything :)
Say, can an equaliser substitute for a dac? I've seen adjusting that can reduce the crackling in the external speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom