• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
I've already spoken about my recent obsession with Xenoblade X...I've also played through Fire Emblem Awakening earlier this year and loved that game as well...both was pretty much due to Smash and/or Smash speculation....I guess I can say the same about Splatoon though, while I do enjoy it, I don't enjoy it as much as the former two (mainly because I love Fantasy and Sci-fi RPG and exporation games and am not too huge on multi-player focused shooters)

What games have people played because of Smash that they have enjoyed recently?
None really because of Smash. Yet.

I bought Bayonetta recently, however. I had always wanted to pick it up, and seeing her coming to Smash made me want it even more. I haven't started it yet.

Same with Cloud and FF7, partially due to his inclusion in Smash.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Is there anything I should watch out for? I have never really played a game like this before.

But that sounds cool. It seems like a pretty big world. Amd after Xenoblade X, I kinda have a thing for open worlds.
Assassin's Creed and Skyrim (or any Elder Scrolls title for that matter) are decent in the open world department...Grand Theft Auto to an extent but to me GTA is bit more mindless at times...

None really because of Smash. Yet.

I bought Bayonetta recently, however. I had always wanted to pick it up, and seeing her coming to Smash made me want it even more. I haven't started it yet.

Same with Cloud and FF7, partially due to his inclusion in Smash.
Never really had an interest in Bayonetta tbh...tried watching some LP's of the game (something I do if I want to know more about certain games without buying or renting it) and even then never really kept my interest for very long...

Actually I recently played the Yo-kai Watch demo on the 3DS, while it was decent I don't think I'm going to buy the game...funny enough the battle system in Yo-kay Watch is somewhat comparable to that of Xenoblade (Xenoblade is much more fun though)

D

Deleted member

What games have people played because of Smash that they have enjoyed recently?
I finally got to playing Final Fantasy 7 illegally, and I'm enjoying it so far, but I absolutely despise the way some of the overworld is designed.

I still don't understand how this makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wanted to psot this yesterday but maintenance :(

So.......after learnign new stuff about how 3ds game files worked,. I got the Paper Jam filesystem, but I coudl onyl extract the music (at least).

And I also bought an headphone amplifier :)

this is how it looks::

What this does is there;s a jack as input and the output is the same thing, but with more power and volume. It has volume control which is cool and some bass EQ I won't likely use.

But what it does is it give more power and I have louder sound which is what I want :)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I finally got to playing Final Fantasy 7 illegally, and I'm enjoying it so far, but I absolutely despise the way some of the overworld is designed.

I still don't understand how this makes sense.
A lot of it built like a maze in a way...however that particular area is one of my least favourite since its just a hassle more than anything (plus I hate those dam houses)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Since Steam recovered I used some gift cards I got and finally got Undertale. IT'S FINALLY WITHIN MY GRASP!

I also got The Walking Dead and Ori and the Blind Forest.

Add that up to the games I directly got for Christmas: which includes Xenoblade Chroncicles (I know X was recently released but eh, I've been wanting the "first" one for much longer anyhow) Majora's Mask 3D, Super Mario Maker and Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Apart from the more recent SMM, I've been wanting all of those games for a long time.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I now have every playable character in Borderlands 2 at level 72, including a second Psycho, who plays Melee while the other plays Gun.

Leveled to 72 from first to last:
Commando > Assassin > Mechromancer > Psycho > Siren > Psycho > Gunzerker

I think I'm gonna go ahead and start a second character. I think I'll do another Commando, this time running no explosions (sorry, Mister Torgue). Not right away though; I want to do a bit of research on what I want him to be, farm up the final desired weapons, etc., and then start him.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Do me a favor, and ask Sak to say "Show me your moves" in ENGLISH even if he totally lacks the skills of a bilingual?

_gold_

Smash Master
I now have every playable character in Borderlands 2 at level 72, including a second Psycho, who plays Melee while the other plays Gun.

Leveled to 72 from first to last:
Commando > Assassin > Mechromancer > Psycho > Siren > Psycho > Gunzerker

I think I'm gonna go ahead and start a second character. I think I'll do another Commando, this time running no explosions (sorry, Mister Torgue). Not right away though; I want to do a bit of research on what I want him to be, farm up the final desired weapons, etc., and then start him.
Impressive! I beat BL2, but never could really get into it. One of my friends has a few maxed out characters as well; he's obsessed w/ that game. I only ever played as Mechromancer. She was pretty fun!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
User was warned for this post
Do me a favor, and ask Sak to say "Show me your moves" in ENGLISH even if he totally lacks the skills of a bilingual?
Can you at least TRY joining an existing conversation once in your life rather than YET AGAIN going on with your obnoxious and unhealthy obsession with anything relating to pronunciation, human language, that fact Sakurai is Japanese, or any other horse **** like that you can't shut up about?

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Can you at least TRY joining an existing conversation once in your life rather than YET AGAIN going on with your obnoxious and unhealthy obsession with anything relating to pronunciation, human language, that fact Sakurai is Japanese, or any other horse **** like that you can't shut up about?
Sak to you now.

Kitzu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kitzu77
Should I nickname my Gastly after Crona? It's a female so it won't fit properly...

Or does anyone have nickname suggestions?

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
To Mario & Sonic Guy,

#1. Why do Japanese people like Sakurai not want their surnames to be shortened like Iga from Castelvania?

#2. I'm not billingual and I can pronounce the phrase Konnichiwa fine. Can't Sakurai say a simple English "Hello" or "Hi" at least once to the Western world like Mr. Miyamoto, Mr. Sakaguchi, and Mr. Aonuma did?

Kitzu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kitzu77
Well, nevermind about my Gastly, looking up on the soul eater wiki it says Crona's gender is unspecified, so that's that then.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To Mario & Sonic Guy,

#1. Why do Japanese people like Sakurai not want their surnames to be shortened like Iga from Castelvania?

#2. I'm not billingual and I can pronounce the phrase Konnichiwa fine. Can't Sakurai say a simple English "Hello" or "Hi" at least once to the Western world like Mr. Miyamoto, Mr. Sakaguchi, and Mr. Aonuma did?
This confirms to me that you are a pleasant person.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
OK, I gotta apologize, this is my true last time visiting here in a while.
I predict that if Sakurai is called Sak in person, he may be offended, because he likes "Sakurai".
I know what it feels like to be called Dill instead. I frankly like "Dillon".
And I was both namecist (whatever it is) and linguist against him when I was fine with the other Japanese directors not exactly bilingual. There were people who said those who didn't speak their language at all were inferior. I still kinda feel that Sakurai didn't treat the Western world as kindly as, for example, Miyamoto-san has. Right now, I hope another director, and a skilled, "fan-knowing" and social director, takes the director's seat for Sm5sh. I'd say give "King Sakurai" a break and let someone else take over. After all, Star Wars 7 was directed and written by someone other than the original creator George Lucas and that film has a pretty great reception. Why not risk doing the same for Smash?
Anyway, I am terribly sorry for the comments I made, because those comments as I feared were wrong. So, now I'll leave you guys be for a while and wait until E3 comes to see if they'll be developing Smash For NX.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I just want my offline tourney mode ;~; We were promised that right?...
Think it's more a case of a lot of people thinking it was offline, automatically resulting in people expecting it would be offline. Pretty sure Sakurai never specifically said it would be offline too. And yes, no offline option was a huge mistake.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Think it's more a case of a lot of people thinking it was offline, automatically resulting in people expecting it would be offline. Pretty sure Sakurai never specifically said it would be offline too. And yes, no offline option was a huge mistake.
Oh gumballs, I loved to play that gamemode with my sisters ;~; Online tourney is just terrible. 3 minutes is not good, and I have the tendency to get matched up with the laggiest person on earth in the finals. Also, the wait time is very long only to get told that not enough people joined. Ehh, it's all goood tho. I'll simply play the other modes. :cheep:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Oh gumballs, I loved to play that gamemode with my sisters ;~; Online tourney is just terrible. 3 minutes is not good, and I have the tendency to get matched up with the laggiest person on earth in the finals. Also, the wait time is very long only to get told that not enough people joined. Ehh, it's all goood tho. I'll simply play the other modes. :cheep:
Tournament Mode in Melee and Brawl was a great timewaster. Such a shame they didn't bring that one back.
And yeah, two stock in only three minutes isn't worth the effort unless there's a huge skill gap between the participants.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Hi everyone!
Are you all ready for 2016?!:4pacman:
I have a New Year's Resolution in mind. To never sleep at 3 AM. :awesome:
It's horrible. :c

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My news years resolution is to stop sabotaging myself and my family by doing stupid **** that ends us costing us money or emotional anguish.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
My new years resolution is to go to more Melee/Smash 4 tournaments (especially Melee) lose weight and be more healthy. I am going to try to practice Smash more often.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't really mind that Sakurai doesn't speak English...

D

Deleted member

I've lurked for way too long, really. Plus, I checked his username history. I just recognized the name.
For some reason or another, you seem to remind me of a user that got her account deleted by the staff a few months ago. Could just be a coincidence.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't really mind that Sakurai doesn't speak English...
It's not about Sakurai: It's about actually making any kind of attempt at joining in other people's conversations, being social, and not wasting everyone's time by spamming the EXACT same topic that nobody has interest talking about in every single post every time without ever expanding on conversation topics.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
For some reason or another, you seem to remind me of a user that got her account deleted by the staff a few months ago. Could just be a coincidence.
Hee hee, I thought I was the only one who thought that. :011:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash For NX.
Smash Bros. games take years to create, and the development team behind 3DS/Wii U is in the process of disbandment. Sakurai said he can't hold the development team together forever at one point. Once Bayonetta and Corrin get released, they're done. That's it. No more Smash 4 content.

And I highly doubt a Wii U port for NX (that is, if NX turns out to be a home console) will be available. But you're banned, so I'm just going to leave it at that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I have to give Naughty Dog props. It's my third playthrough of The Last of Us and I haven't got bored so far.
Though playing on Survival is nearly painful. Entering a room that was full of supplies on Normal mode and finding nothing more than 2 revolver bullets and half of a dirty rag is sad.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I see Dillon is keeping up his regal image. :laugh:
...Honesty is ****ing hilarious sometimes. :troll:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Smash Bros. games take years to create, and the development team behind 3DS/Wii U is in the process of disbandment. Sakurai said he can't hold the development team together forever at one point. Once Bayonetta and Corrin get released, they're done. That's it. No more Smash 4 content.

And I highly doubt a Wii U port for NX (that is, if NX turns out to be a home console) will be available. But you're banned, so I'm just going to leave it at that.
"Today on Nintendo News! Sakurai gets thrown under the bus again as the new Nintendo president orders the production of Smash NX!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom