• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Why are you calling it a spinoff, exactly? Its roster doesn't seem like spinoff material, nor does it seem like you'd be using an entirely different genre of gameplay either.

:094:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Why are you calling it a spinoff, exactly? Its roster doesn't seem like spinoff material, nor does it seem like you'd be using an entirely different genre of gameplay either.

I called it a spin off so I could add anime lol.

**** it I'm keeping the 4 anime characters in.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I removed the anime characters and added Lip, Mike Jones and Shantae and am thinking of the last choice replace,ent.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wish Kirby, Meta Knight, and the Awakening characters got restocked. Those are the only ones I need before the DLC this coming year. ;_;
I still need Peach, Luigi (these two I just haven't bothered to pick up yet :p), Mega Man (I'm banking on him getting a restock when the Gold version comes out), Samus, King Dedede, Lucina, and Robin (the Awakening duo are currently less than twenty dollars on Amazon right now, so I'll probably do that. Lucina at the very least...she's apparently top tier in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. :p). Oh, and Ryu and Cloud when they come out. And the Inkling girl for when I get Splatoon. I might import Mii Brawler as well, but we'll see.

I'm not aiming to collect them all, just the ones I like.

Currently I have:
:4mario::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4mewtwo::4greninja::4olimar::4ness::4littlemac::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4sonic::4pacman:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I decided to do a revised roster of Pokken Tournament. Note that this is for the arcade version before the WiiU version was announced, and I only removed and replaced characters.

Revised Pokken Roster Arcade.png

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
So, I know the reason I keep losing so badly is because I absolutely refuse to play the neutral game. But there's a reason for that: the neutral game is ****ing boring.

Any advice on playing well without getting bogged down by the neutral game?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I still need Peach, Luigi (these two I just haven't bothered to pick up yet :p), Mega Man (I'm banking on him getting a restock when the Gold version comes out), Samus, King Dedede, Lucina, and Robin (the Awakening duo are currently less than twenty dollars on Amazon right now, so I'll probably do that. Lucina at the very least...she's apparently top tier in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. :p). Oh, and Ryu and Cloud when they come out. And the Inkling girl for when I get Splatoon. I might import Mii Brawler as well, but we'll see.

I'm not aiming to collect them all, just the ones I like.

Currently I have:
:4mario::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4mewtwo::4greninja::4olimar::4ness::4littlemac::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4sonic::4pacman:
Only character I want re-stocked as of now is Samus (find Zero suit everywhere but no Varia)...wouldn't mind Sheik or Ike though...

All of the other amiibos I want (that I don't already own) haven't been released yet...such as Ryu, Roy, Cloud and Wolf Link as of now...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Only character I want re-stocked as of now is Samus (find Zero suit everywhere but no Varia)...wouldn't mind Sheik or Ike though...

All of the other amiibos I want (that I don't already own) haven't been released yet...such as Ryu, Roy, Cloud and Wolf Link as of now...
Is there a GameStop near you? There's a decent chance they may still have an Ike or two left, and if not, he's pretty cheap on Amazon last I checked.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Is there a GameStop near you? There's a decent chance they may still have an Ike or two left, and if not, he's pretty cheap on Amazon last I checked.
Yeah...they don't have Ike here...I check quite regularly for amiibos locally...

Its funny cuz they restocked on characters like Fox and Sonic but still no Samus...

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This popped up in my facebook news feed. lol
I thought it was share worthy, if only because the renders themselves are unique
Editing models and making renders is surprisingly easy these days, if you have an idea of what to do.

Models are available on the Models Resource, and Blender a free 3D editor. You only need some time and creativity and BOOM. New leak.

Which is why you had 3D leaks made for ****s and giggles like Rayman and the Dr. Mario stage

:231:

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
So, I know the reason I keep losing so badly is because I absolutely refuse to play the neutral game. But there's a reason for that: the neutral game is ****ing boring.

Any advice on playing well without getting bogged down by the neutral game?
play PM or melee casualy you can literally just pretend there is no neutral as long as you can find a decent play group around your skill level who don't take the game so seriously (who don't play ultra floaties #Luigisalt). That's what I do.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
play PM or melee casualy you can literally just pretend there is no neutral as long as you can find a decent play group around your skill level who don't take the game so seriously (who don't play ultra floaties #Luigisalt). That's what I do.
Anyone have any serious suggestions?

Professor Gravy

Anyone have any serious suggestions?
That was a serous suggestion. If you can get net play set up and find the small subset of PM players who aren't over competitive asses and will goof off playing any random stage with items or no items or stamina with bunny ears and curry with auto l-cancleing on I can almost guarantee you that it'll be what your looking for. Brawl, Smash 4, Smash 64, and competitive meele/PM are all extremely neutral heavy games. Casual PM with fun mid-weights, unoptimized punish games, and a neutral game that consists solely of doing weird things to catch your opponent off guard is legitimately fun. If you don't want to do that because of your own absurd near xenophobic biases based off of the community (The PM/meele comunties are both mostly trash, that doesn't mean the games are bad) then play the Naruto games, they have no neutral whatsoever outside of substitution/backdash jank.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
One reason I prefer playing free-for-all against CPU is because they don't complain about stage choice or items. I get tired of people telling me to pick final destination or "something flat" all the time.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This popped up in my facebook news feed. lol
I thought it was share worthy, if only because the renders themselves are unique
Dude didn't even tried lol

I've seen a noticeable number of posts saying he's broken as he is. :laugh:

I tried FG with ROB and he does surprisingly okay against Cloud.:4rob:

Broken? :p more like gimmicky, after knowing his weakness it is easy to beat him with characters with a strong aerial game that can pressure constantly.
However he is pure fun to play anyway; Im training constantly to find ways to KO without depending on the Limit Break

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
One reason I prefer playing free-for-all against CPU is because they don't complain about stage choice or items. I get tired of people telling me to pick final destination or "something flat" all the time.
I tend to play 1v1 with the CPU. Battlefield and Yoshi's Island are my favourite neutral stages.

Does Smash 4's CPU gang up on you like Brawl? I can't remember.

Professor Gravy

Dude didn't even tried lol

Broken? :p more like gimmicky, after knowing his weakness it is easy to beat him with characters with a strong aerial game that can pressure constantly.
However he is pure fun to play anyway; Im training constantly to find ways to KO without depending on the Limit Break
The best way to KO as cloud without limit break is to play against another cloud and edge-guard like a mofo :troll:

yea I've always loved stages with wired floors. pirate ship was my favorite brawl stage and metal cavern is my favorite PM stage. Slopes make projectile match-ups much more interesting and it puts much more emphasis on positioning and stage awareness. Unfortunately I'm in the minority and too many people complain and get salty over odd stages like that. I wish people would be more open minded

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I tend to play 1v1 with the CPU. Battlefield and Yoshi's Island are my favourite neutral stages.

Does Smash 4's CPU gang up on you like Brawl? I can't remember.

I generally play against all level 3's since I like being able to grab all the Pokeballs and Assist Trophies, but when I play Classic Mode on 9.0, it feels like they team up on you. There were many times where I respawn and the CPUs just wait for me to come down.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I finalyl got the 1.1 offsets done for spm :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s4N4u-9jVnxearG8lyzqPp5kQw08VU_fZWvFakO5GqA/edit?usp=sharing

For the records, there's 2 versions of spm (at least the ntsc-u one has 2 versions, idk for pal and ntsc-j). The newwer version were sold in the select red case so if the game you ahve is in one of these cases, you have 1.1. If you boguth it at release, it;s likely you ahve 1.0. there's also a way to check the disc to see a number that tells you, but I forgot what number it was exactly.

The 1.1 version only has one known differences: there;s a clip in a shop that doesn;t work anymore while it does on 1.0 and it actually matters for speedruns because this clip is used in the run.

This is why the offsets differs a lot from the 1.0 version.

At least there;s no more confusion, that one was hard to figure out :)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Honestly, I'm just trying to forget PM ever existed. It was good while it did exist, but thinking about it now is just depressing, forcing me to think about how undignified its death really was. That's not even getting into how a lot of its so-called "fans" are flat-out gravedancing.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Huh? That was random. *cough* double post *cough*

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Gravy

Honestly, I'm just trying to forget PM ever existed. It was good while it did exist, but thinking about it now is just depressing, forcing me to think about how undignified its death really was. That's not even getting into how a lot of its so-called "fans" are flat-out gravedancing.
How do you figure PM is dead? It's still at a few majors and and the only notable players that stopped playing are people who just coasted throght brackets on melee knowledge anyway. Where i'm at PM is still by far the biggest game and the PM scene is still really strong in Canada, Arizona, Florida, Texas, New York, ect. Most of the streams have moved to hittbox and development has stopped but as far as 1v1's and competitive play PM is is still (in my and several other peoples opinions) the best smash game. (smash 4 has by far the best ffa's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom