• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Finished the Last of Us for the 4th time. Dang... one of my favorite games for sure... Can't wait until the sequel gets shown! Maybe E3 2016? I hope so...

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I had to delete my copy of Pikmin 3 to make space for the Xenoblade Chronicles X Basic Pack...

It was free (I got it from the MK8 Club Nintendo deal), and to be honest, I wasn't really enjoying it, so I'm not majorly upset, but damn... I'm glad I got a physical copy of XCX!

Also, question: I also got a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. Should I play that before I start X? Does it make any difference?

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
Speaking of playing cool games, I started playing Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga recently. Very fun. I'm only a few hours in, but I really like it so far.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
I had to delete my copy of Pikmin 3 to make space for the Xenoblade Chronicles X Basic Pack...

It was free (I got it from the MK8 Club Nintendo deal), and to be honest, I wasn't really enjoying it, so I'm not majorly upset, but damn... I'm glad I got a physical copy of XCX!

Also, question: I also got a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. Should I play that before I start X? Does it make any difference?
You don't need to play the first one to enjoy X, the games are basically unrelated.

Depending on what you are looking for would determine which I suggest to play first. If you want a more story-based game go with 3D.

But if you want a MASSIVE open world with incredible sidequests and a lot of things to do and explore, and also a deeper combat system (and Skells), go with X. The only thing X loses to 3D in is its story, which is...not great. At all. The rest of the game is amazing so it is a good thing the story is only a very small portion of it.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
You don't need to play the first one to enjoy X, the games are basically unrelated.

Depending on what you are looking for would determine which I suggest to play first. If you want a more story-based game go with 3D.

But if you want a MASSIVE open world with incredible sidequests and a lot of things to do and explore, and also a deeper combat system (and Skells), go with X. The only thing X loses to 3D in is its story, which is...not great. At all. The rest of the game is amazing so it is a good thing the story is only a very small portion of it.
Okay, thanks! I'll most likely start playing X as soon as the data pack finishes downloading, but I'll probably end up playing 3D later this week...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So apparently this is why Steam messed up:
This is actually super interesting! aldelaro5 aldelaro5
.....that honestly sounds very low in security.

I didn;t made any request during the issue, but the way this sounds is just very low. It doesn;t sound smart to let the server NOT CARE what users is logged in while the ENTIRE POINT of having an account is that THE SERVER SHOULD CARE!

What were they thinking? It's freaking Christmas sales, not only it;s expected that there's overkill traffic,. but making such a poor security decision is just like I wish they are ashamed of themselves.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
.....that honestly sounds very low in security.

I didn;t made any request during the issue, but the way this sounds is just very low. It doesn;t sound smart to let the server NOT CARE what users is logged in while the ENTIRE POINT of having an account is that THE SERVER SHOULD CARE!

What were they thinking? It's freaking Christmas sales, not only it;s expected that there's overkill traffic,. but making such a poor security decision is just like I wish they are ashamed of themselves.
I seriously doubt that they made an actual conscious decision to let people see other peoples accounts. They were probably just doing some tweaking to the caching in preparation for the Christmas sale and someone made a random mistake that no one caught.

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
Oh hey, I'm here. 'Sup, been a while since I was here, like a few months or so. :4dk: Hooray, reunions.

So, uh, my friends and I thought up of using a Mewtwo Amiibo on a copy of SM4SH that doesn't have the DLC for Mewtwo yet, and they thought it would unlock him. Your thoughts?

also yeah merry holidays and whatnot
He acts as if you were playing against someone online with Mewtwo. You don't unlock him, you just play against him.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Hey how rare are the following amiibos?
Mewtwo
Ganondorf
Ike
Game and Watch
Duck Hunt
Rob
I'm pretty sure you can find the retro trio in the US without too much difficulty. Ike had a restock for Black Friday, so it might be harder to find him now depending on where you are. Ganondorf has been out for a while as well so it may also be hard to find. Mewtwo I still see in stores quite often, so you are good with him.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Hey how rare are the following amiibos?
Mewtwo
Ganondorf
Ike
Game and Watch
Duck Hunt
Rob
The only one that is difficult to find on that list is Ike. The rest are pretty easy to get these days, at least where I live.

Also, I joined the Pathfinders in XCX. Probably the most basic team, but I thought it sounded the most fun.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I finally got Ultimate Angler and Battleground Z for my Nintendo 3DS Streetpass Mii Plaza (completely forgot about getting them until now). In terms of gameplay, I think both are pretty fun, especially Battleground Z. I also gained a new favorite female Nintendo character with Coraline from Ultimate Angler (hence why she is my new avatar for now): I really like her peppiness and energy, not to mention she reminds me of Saber, one of my favorite Fate/Stay Night characters, in terms of looks.

Anyway, who is your favorite character from any of the Streetpuss Mii Plaza games? I'm pretty curious to hear what others have to say.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
So I finally got Ultimate Angler and Battleground Z for my Nintendo 3DS Streetpass Mii Plaza (completely forgot about getting them until now). In terms of gameplay, I think both are pretty fun, especially Battleground Z. I also gained a new favorite female Nintendo character with Coraline from Ultimate Angler (hence why she is my new avatar for now): I really like her peppiness and energy, not to mention she reminds me of Saber, one of my favorite Fate/Stay Night characters, in terms of looks.

Anyway, who is your favorite character from any of the Streetpuss Mii Plaza games? I'm pretty curious to hear what others have to say.
So does Coraline get buttons sewed into her eyes?

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
The only one that is difficult to find on that list is Ike. The rest are pretty easy to get these days, at least where I live.

Also, I joined the Pathfinders in XCX. Probably the most basic team, but I thought it sounded the most fun.
Curators is another good choice, as you get BLADE points for picking up items. And honestly you should be picking up every items in sight as you traverse the lands. It helps to fill out the Collectopedia and also have those supplies on hand for future quests.

Guys Xenoblade Chronicles X is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooood
Yesssssss

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Not even Ike, really, if you have a Gamestop near you. There was a MASSIVE restock for Black Friday, and my local rinky-dink Gamestop still has one left. :p

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I wish Kirby, Meta Knight, and the Awakening characters got restocked. Those are the only ones I need before the DLC this coming year. ;_;

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So does Coraline get buttons sewed into her eyes?
Not at all. I mean, that doesn't sound like something that would happen in Ultimate Angler, not even Battleground Z if she appeared in that.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The amiibo situation is pretty odd in México; a friend traveled to the D.F. and had a hard time finding good prices, the price for a Pit or a WFT is the equivalent of $90 USD while more common ones like Mario are sold in $35 USD showing that scalpers have no mercy.

On the other hand, trying to get amiibos in specific retailers is more easy now; finding a Ganondorf, ZSS, Sheik, Bowser Jr., Mewtwo, Sonic and the Retro, Mii and Splatoon packs is no problem and the prices are fair (compared to previous times where Mexican retailers were plagued by the usual Peach, Luigi and Bowser)

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
So I'm going to play through The Last of Us a third time.
I was planning on doing it on Grounded mode (highest difficulty), but turns out you can't see your HUD, so I'll just settle for Survivor difficulty.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Random thought; what if Cloud's recovery had super armor like Ike's?
That would stop a lot of gimps

Last edited:

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Phew, my relatives finally left -o- I swear my aunts, uncles etc have no kids my age. They dont do much other than yell and destroy. :sadsheep:

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Coraline is great, but so is Ultimate Angler. Battleground Z gets boring after you beat the game, playing for medals is just annoying.

I like Coraline too and the Mii Force captain. His humor makes me chuckle.

Currently a little farther than halfway through of Find Mii II Secret Quest for the 9th time. After this playthrough is done, I only have to go through it one last time before I can finally spend Play Coins on the other games (and changing the color of my second 3DS' Mii).

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Serebii - "The official website for the upcoming Pokkén Tournament HORI Controller has confirmed a detail which was previously unclear about the Wii U version of the title. It has now been confirmed that the game has Local Battle mode. In this mode, Player 1 has to use the Wii U GamePad as their controller perspective on the GamePad indicating that Player 2 uses the TV screen as their perspective. You cannot use 2 of the HORI Pokkén Controllers to play the game in local multiplayer. We'll bring more details on this as it comes."

*deep sigh*

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Serebii - "The official website for the upcoming Pokkén Tournament HORI Controller has confirmed a detail which was previously unclear about the Wii U version of the title. It has now been confirmed that the game has Local Battle mode. In this mode, Player 1 has to use the Wii U GamePad as their controller perspective on the GamePad indicating that Player 2 uses the TV screen as their perspective. You cannot use 2 of the HORI Pokkén Controllers to play the game in local multiplayer. We'll bring more details on this as it comes."

*deep sigh*
It probably has to do with the fact that Pokken plays in an angled perspective normally, making it hard for the player on the other side to understand movement controls since the camera is only focused on one side. They likely want to accommodate this for the player by having a second screen. I know that kinda sucks, but I can honestly see that being the case.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It probably has to do with the fact that Pokken plays in an angled perspective normally, making it hard for the player on the other side to understand movement controls since the camera is only focused on one side. They likely want to accommodate this for the player by having a second screen. I know that kinda sucks, but I can honestly see that being the case.
I already knew this was going to be the case, and you're on par with why I knew. All I can do is simply sigh cause once again, I am forced to use that Gamepad when playing with friends when they won't. But that's the way it goes.

I'll get over it. I did with Splatoon, I will with Pokken. :4megaman:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok so I got Xenoblade Chronicles X (bought for myself on Boxing Day, not as a christmas gift...well kind of a gift to myself in a way) and HOLY...I'm loving this game already!!!...(still need to get used to the combat mechanics, still don't know what I'm doing half of the time)...

Also...
(this isn't spoilerish btw, just some awesome music)

Last edited:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
Ok so I got Xenoblade Chronicles X (bought for myself on Boxing Day, not as a christmas gift...well kind of a gift to myself in a way) and HOLY...I'm loving this game already!!!...(still need to get used to the combat mechanics, still don't know what I'm doing half of the time)...
In the Xenoblade series, your character attacks automatically at set intervals depending on weapons choice, and you can input certain moves by selecting arts on the pallette. Of course, once you use an Art, it has a cooldown.

The arts will also state what kind of effect they have. Some are stronger if attacking from the side, others cause Topple on an anime, which is perfect tk follow up with an Art that does more damage to toppled enemies.

They are also color coded:

Orange = Melee
Yellow = Ranged
Purple = Debuff to enemy
Green = Buff/protection to you or allies, sometimes healing
Blue = Auras which are also buff abilities

Sometimes an ally will say something and have a speech bubble, telling you which type of art to use. If they're speech bubble is orange, you'll notice all your orange arts will start pulsing. Use it to raise affinity with that person and also you both get healed a bit.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This is my Smash spin off roster. Before anyone complains yes there's anime characters.
It has lax rules on who can be playable because it's a spin off.

1. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Toad, Wario, Yoshi, Paper Mario, Mr. Game and Watch
  2. Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Vaati, Ganon, DK, Diddy, Dixie, King K. Rool, ROB, Andy
  3. Marth, Ike, Robin, Hector, Corrin, Azura, Ness, Lucas, Ray, Takamaru, Shulk
  4. Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, Black Shadow, Pit, Palutena, Little Mac, Captain Olimar, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager
  5. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Duck Hunt, Inkling, Isaac, Chibi Robo, Nana/Popo
  6. Fox, Falco, Krystal, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Banjo, Shovel Knight, Goku, Ichigo, Saitama, Sailor Moon
  7. Sonic, Snake, Pac-Man, Megaman, Ryu, Cloud, Bomberman, Simon Belmont, Slime, Bayonetta, RANDOM
;)

Furret24

Smash Master
This is my Smash spin off roster. Before anyone complains yes there's anime characters.

1. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Toad, Wario, Yoshi, Paper Mario, Mr. Game and Watch
  2. Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Vaati, Ganon, DK, Diddy, Dixie, King K. Rool, ROB, Andy
  3. Marth, Ike, Robin, Hector, Corrin, Azura, Ness, Lucas, Ray, Takamaru, Shulk
  4. Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, Black Shadow, Pit, Palutena, Little Mac, Captain Olimar, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager
  5. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Duck Hunt, Inkling, Isaac, Chibi Robo, Nana/Popo
  6. Fox, Falco, Krystal, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Banjo, Shovel Knight, Goku, Ichigo, Saitama, Sailor Moon
  7. Sonic, Snake, Pac-Man, Megaman, Ryu, Cloud, Bomberman, Simon Belmont, Slime, Bayonetta, RANDOM
;)
If you removed those anime characters, you could call this a plausible dream roster.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

"Andy"

;)
Is it wrong that the first Andy I thought of was Toy Story's?
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom