• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luig

Confused
It's kinda sad to see this holiday devolved down to just marketing, but it doesn't have to be like that.
It's been a great year, I joined the boards and made some friends, and did other mind numbing activities.

Merry Christmas. :)

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
I'm nt mad Snake didn't return but I am sad that I don't think he'll be in Smash ever again, and Konami is the reason why imo.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Christmas ends in two hours here. I got nothing. Although my cousin and I played Smash and NSMBWii till we dropped of tiredness. :4mario::4luigi:

And my mother prepared a lot of my favourite dishes. So it was a great day for me anyway. :b:

Merry Christmas, socialites! क्रिसमस की बधाइयाँ!

:231:

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
"We wish you a Merry Pingas;
We wish you a Merry Pingas;
We wish you a Merry Pingas and an Expanded Dong!
Good tidings we bring to Harkinian and his dinner;
Good tidings for Pingas and an Expanded Dong!

Oh, bring us a copy of Undertale;
Oh, bring us a copy of Undertale;
Oh, bring us a copy of Undertale and a cup of Gabe Newell!
We won't go until we get some;
We won't go until we get some;
We won't go until we get some, because we're salty AF.

We wish you a Merry Pingas and an Expanded Dong!"

Merry Christmas everypingas! I hope today fills you with hapPINESS!

:094:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
I also got nothing, as I expected. Usually I'm the one who gives gifts to people and doesn't get any. But I'm okay with that. If there was anything I really wanted I would just buy it myself.

But I'm set with pleasure purchases until February, when I'll get Smash DLC, Fire Emblem Fates, and Project X Zone 2. Just need to save money for bills and all that fun stuff!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Edit: Uh...Let's just say that i haven't say anything special. No really, i have said something that i fell very selfish. So yeah, 'hope everyone have a good time.
And a happy christmas. :)

Last edited:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
No snow here, and hopefully it stays that way. A little bit is fine but I hate shovelling my car out of 2 feet of snow.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Merry Christmas, Socialites!!

I got really lucky, my family got me a Zelda Edition New 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Happy Home Designer, and Shovel Knight on the 3DS. I also got a few amiibo, and some other really great stuff. Everyone seemed to like my presents well enough, too, so that's always great. :grin:

Hope you all are having similarly good days! :143:

EDIT: I live in Florida, so it's like, 80-something degrees.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Merry Christmas everyone!

So I got a New Nintendo 3DS XL and a few accessories for it: a 16 GB micro SD card and two imported Pokemon-themed hard covers. I also got an iPad Pro, but I didn't get the Apple Pencil and the Keyboard with it. Ah well.

Anyway, I thought I'd lighten up this thread with some Christmas music. Any Toradora fans here will especially like it!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Merry Christmas everyone!

So I got a New Nintendo 3DS XL and a few accessories for it: a 16 GB micro SD card and two imported Pokemon-themed hard covers. I also got an iPad Pro, but I didn't get the Apple Pencil and the Keyboard with it. Ah well.

Anyway, I thought I'd lighten up this thread with some Christmas music. Any Toradora fans here will especially like it!

It's sad when you know what happens in that episode. ;_;

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Toradora was the last love-story anime I enjoyed. I'm starting to feel I can't really appreciate them... :/

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Uh......
:4gaw:
I can't understand, sorry....
The left column is the very likely interpretation that i made of the address.

The middle column is the relative position of the memory from the start of the game (it starts at 80000000). That relative position is called offset because you pick a number (80000000 in this case) and you subtract / add something to it. This allows to work for any version of dolphin and even if you are good with making codes, you could make hacks with these addresses and make them work on console (given you have 1.0). The 0x just tells you they are in hexadecimal (basically, the decimal system base is 10, well the hexadecimal one is 16, it;s jsut a different way to represent numbers).

The right column is how the data is formatted. anything wrote with "Byte" is a integer number. the number of bytes tells you the range it can take, 1 byte is from 0 to 255, 2 bytes is from 0 to 65535 and 4 byte is from 0 to 4294967296. Float is a number with a decimal part and string is just text of a certain length that is the max number of characters in the text. As for the bit......it;s binary stuff (so it is 0 OR 1 only).

That';s a VERY simplified explanation for you because it;s a bit more complicated int he truth.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The left column are the very likely interpretation that i made of the address.

The middle column is the relative position of the memory from the start of the game (it starts at 80000000). That relative position is called offset because you pick a number (80000000 in this case) and you subtract / add something to it. This allows to work for any version of dolphin and even if you are good with making codes, you could make hacks with these addresses and make them work on console (given you have 1.0). The 0x just tells you they are in hexadecimal (basically, the decimal system base is 10, well the hexadecimal one is 16, it;s jsut a different way to represent numbers).

The right column is how the data is formatted. anything wrote with "Byte" is a integer number. the number of bytes tells you the range it can take, 1 byte is from 0 to 255, 2 bytes is from 0 to 65535 and 4 byte is from 0 to 4294967296. Float is a number with a decimal part and string is just text of a certain length that is the max number of characters in the text. As for the bit......it;s binary stuff (so it is 0 OR 1 only).

That';s a VERY simplified explanation for you because it;s a bit more complicated int he truth.
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........

Sorry but here, you are talking in another language for me lol. Really, can you say like what does this mean for you? It is something that could help? I am really trying to understand, i swear.:079:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........

Sorry but here, you are talking in another language for me lol. Really, can you say like what does this mean for you? It is something that could help? I am really trying to understand, i swear.:079:
Shoudl I pm you in French?

maybe it would become more clear.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Shoudl I pm you in French?

maybe it would become more clear.
Nah, it's informatique language. No matter if you say it to me in French or English, i will not understand. So sorry for that, but my brain is too weak for those thing.:221:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
In simpler words, they are the variables used in the game, the location of the variables and the type (number, decimal or text).

I tried to make it as non-technical as possible.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
In simpler words, they are the variables used in the game, the location of the variables and the type (number, decimal or text).

I tried to make it as non-technical as possible.

2deep4me :132:
Nah really, it's really not for me.:p

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Nah, it's informatique language. No matter if you say it to me in French or English, i will not understand. So sorry for that, but my brain is too weak for those thing.:221:
btw, you say computer science in English.

Well I am going to answer your question you just asked :)

can you say like what does this mean for you?
Well, the wii has 24 megabytes of ram (that's memory used to run games and program). Now, this might not sound like a lot, but in bytes, it is 25165824 bytes......that;s a lot. So let';s say i want to hack my HP, how the heck can I do this if I have one chance in 25165824 to have the right place? And how can I know how much bytes the HP is stored?

I need to know where the HP address is to edit it.

This document tells me exactly that in the middle column.

The right column tells me how much space it takes AND how it is encoded (an integer is encoded differently than a number with a decimal part so 5.0 is actually different than 5 for a computer).

What I do is I search the addresses (with complicated process, basically, if you used CE, you know how it works) and once I find it and how it is formatted, I jsut interpret it by putting a description so humans can understand.

It is something that could help?
.......this is like......one of the most useful thing a gltich hunter can have. What this allow is anyone that want to glitch hunt spm, they know what to enter to hacks stuff. So, if someone was using a version of dolphin that worked differently than mine, he can add the addresses and hack them.

You know what an action replay or gamshark is? Well, these devices jsut sneak into the ram and basically do stuff. This document allows to ahve that, but much more powerfull because you can do anythign with them while an action replay can jsut do preprogrammed struff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom