• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Since this is the final smash direct, do you think this could be the last time the game is patched as well?
Unless of game-breaking glitches/mechanics, I think we won't get a patch after 2016. But I think there will be support for the game at least for next year, even after the last DLC.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The stupid grind rails need to be removes from Blackbelly Skatepark. I can't tell you how many times they've ****ed me over.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I wish it would be simple, but the problem is ms removed their link for a windows 7 iso. It should be easier to find a windows 7 iso then a windows xp one though.

You need an installation disc iso and if you kept your license key, this is a bonus because the key can actually work (they say one pc at a time, but nothing prevents you from changing the pc, you might have to call them though).

Anyway once you got the iso through weird means (by this I mean torrent), well you are good to go.

You basically create a vm, choose your OS and create a virtual disk which the more you have, the more space it would take on your pc, but it gives more storage to the vm. RAM, I say 2gb minimum, but if you have a lot of ram, go higher. For cpu, if you have a quad core, give him 2 core and if you have a dual core, give only one core.

As for settings, put shared clipboard and drag n drop to bidirectional, yes, your copy paste can work from host to guest :)

system,. this is where you set the order of boot, when installing the os, put the cd first and when not, put the had disk first. in the acceleration tab, make sure the 2 check boxes are checked and the thing set to hyper Z.

For display, have the Max amount of video memory and always enable 2d/3d acceleration, but this is not goign to give stuff like open gl 4.5, this is not the best graphics you can get, but they work.

Storage is when you would manage your iso. if you don;t have a cd, right click on your controller and select add optical disk. Click on the cd and on the right, you should see a cd and click the arrow and you should have the option to choose a virtual disk file, click it and this is where you select your iso. After you don;t need the iso, simply reset it to empty, but don;t remove the cd yet, you would need one later.

btw, before you start, I recommend updating your virtual bos, the one included is old and you lack very neat features, jsut saying, also, get the extensions pack so stuff like usb 3.0 can work.

After you jsut boot it, this should act like a normal windows install.

After the installation, set your cd to empty and put your hard disk first in the boot list.

Finally, this is very important, but when in a vm, go to device and select insert virtualbox guest cd blablabla, jsut select it. This will insert the image of the virtualbox guest software int he vm, go to that cd in the windows explorer and run it. Just follow the stuff and MAKE SURE to install the dx3d stuff that is by default unchecked and ignore the wearing, this is important to run some stuff. After the installation, they wil ask a reboot, do so (the vm, not the host).

After, you should have all features that makes a vm awesome :)
Thanks. I'm not going to run any graphics intensive games (mostly visual novels which don't need much RAM) so I went with 1.5 GB.

I initially installed Windows XP, but it didn't run a lot of games, so I'm installing Windows 7 now.

:231:

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Just thinking about this, when Smash 5 will happen, would you like transformations to come back?
On one hand, I do agree characters work better as stand-alone, but on the other, I believe they can simply be done better next time.
I would leave Zelda and Sheik as stand-alone character because Zelda in Smash 5 will probably (or at least I think so) be the new version of Zelda Wii U which isn't the one which can transform into Sheik (technically, Brawl's and Sm4sh's Zelda isn't either).
I would also leave as two separate characters Samus and ZSS, simply because I find the mechanic of their tranformation kind of random and not true to their games (to be honest, Samus' final smash doesn't make sense).
I would love to see Pokémon Trainer come back though. I really liked that idea because it made perfect sense to represent the franchise. Also, I don't think Squirtle and Ivysaur have a chance to appear in the next game if not in this way.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Didn't know there was a highlight reel function in Smash for Wii U, so I decided to test it.
I was obviously Jigglypuff messing around with my co-workers by spamming Roll-Out. That last kill was fun too. I wish it showed the split second I dodged Bowser's down B though...

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
Who do I have to pay off to make sure One Winged Angel is with Midgar as part of the soundtrack?

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
ahh. I see you guys can't wait for the direct. this weeks gonna fly by,so don't fret!

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
I'm more excited for the Direct than I am taking this 8AM final on Tuesday.

KILL ME.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I'm more excited for the Direct than I am taking this 8AM final on Tuesday.

KILL ME.
I got 3 finals this week. the first one is tomorrow,but i'm not worried about it. I could fail that one and still pass the class. The 2nd one i feel prepared for,since its Trigonometry,and i got math swimming in my head right now. The last one is an essay one. hopefully that goes well.

either way,best luck to us.

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
I got 3 finals this week. the first one is tomorrow,but i'm not worried about it. I could fail that one and still pass the class. The 2nd one i feel prepared for,since its Trigonometry,and i got math swimming in my head right now. The last one is an essay one. hopefully that goes well.

either way,best luck to us.

I have 5 exams, 2 on tuesday, 1 on wednesday, thursday, and friday. I've never felt more dead in my life.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I have 5 exams, 2 on tuesday, 1 on wednesday, thursday, and friday. I've never felt more dead in my life.
Good luck you fluffy bird. My tests are on Monday,Tuesday,and Thursday. I'm done after that,and I'm pretty excited to be done with the week. OPM's last episode Sunday,and there's a good chance i'm gonna get Xenoblade X as a early Present. Motivation abound!

But honestly,good luck to anyone taking finals this week.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Holy **** Bethesda made it really difficult to pick a side in Fallout 4...

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
Good luck you fluffy bird. My tests are on Monday,Tuesday,and Thursday. I'm done after that,and I'm pretty excited to be done with the week. OPM's last episode Sunday,and there's a good chance i'm gonna get Xenoblade X as a early Present. Motivation abound!

But honestly,good luck to anyone taking finals this week.
I'm way too excited for the end of exam week. Cloud, possibly other characters, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and just Christmas in general is enough motivation to push through exam week.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Be happy to see the direct at normal hour. Because for me, it would be a 23:00. :(
whi samurai? : (

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
One of my lucky numbers from a fortune cookie is "15," I'm even more interested in the direct now.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
You may have already seen this, but everyone, please vote for Melee. Smash 4 has already fallen in an earlier round, and Undertale has been going on rampage, beating SMW, Super Mario 64, Fallout 3, and Pokémon R/B/Y. Please, everyone, vote for Melee!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/bge20_vote
Surprised people are still talking about this blatant popularity contest.
I really hope Undertale fanbase doesn't end like FNAF. Really, the good thing that this fanbase have done are just too good for me for that i see a similar fate to FNAF fanbase. Can atleast one indie game made by one person (Yeah,i know Toby Fox was hepled but still.) have a good reputation?

Only the futur will tell that to us....
Cave Story was made by one guy and has an extremely good reputation.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I asked for a day off at my internship for next wednesday. So that if the DLC is released, i'll be able to play it the whole next day.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
because they like pacific time and you live in France......

plus, it;s very common for me to be awake at 11pm idk the deal here :)
France?
I am from Switzerland dood. It's even on my user box.
(Also, you need some sleep if you stay here at that hour.)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I went into a catching spree in my White 2 game and caught 27 Eelektrik and 24 Zwelilous... and I ended getting a medal for catching 50 Pokémon in less than 24 hours lol

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
France?
I am from Switzerland dood. It's even on my user box.
(Also, you need some sleep if you stay here at that hour.)
Dude I sleep very late, I really love to feel alone ont he night so i sleep at like 1-2 am and on weekend, 3 am am and last Friday, I unexplicably was awake at 5am, however, I wake up at like 1-2 pm if i don;t have to wake up, usually, I woudl wake up at 7:15 for classes.

5-6 hours doesn;t sounds like a lot, but what I noticed is I started doing it around the end of my high school and I noticed I wasn;t as tired as I thought I would and was surprisingly quite awoke so I decided to do it at all because I just love to be at night.

Also, I have been checking my sleeping habit and I can tell you that 6 hours is a really good spot for me, 8 hours is a full sleep so if I sleep for 8 hours, it means I am very awoke the day after.

Plus tbh, I am never not free because in my free time, either I entertain myself if I am too tired or works on projects which is currently spm gltich hunting and I took the rest of the weekend off because these data collecting exhausted me.

So, it;s fine dude :)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm going to throw in a little Smash Bros. direct prediction myself, just for kicks and giggles. Plus, it would be another total mindblow for everyone.

Tifa Lockhart, to go along with Cloud. Effectively giving us two reps, both of which are quite beloved in their own right.

What do you all say to that?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
AY

MARIO IS THE MOST FUN CHARACTER IN THIS OTHERWISE FLAMING RECYCLEABLE PILE OF A GAME

I need to learn how to utilt shoryu with Ryu.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm going to throw in a little Smash Bros. direct prediction myself, just for kicks and giggles. Plus, it would be another total mindblow for everyone.

Tifa Lockhart, to go along with Cloud. Effectively giving us two reps, both of which are quite beloved in their own right.

What do you all say to that?
Hmmmm, nah.

Would prefer a classic FF class from the original games. That or Slime from Dragon Quest because that would be an interesting character.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If there would be another FF character, I'd love for it to be Black Mage. That would, to me, be the best reveal ever (next to Lucario & Cloud).

But really, I doubt we're getting two FF characters. I'm not saying it's not happening, I just don't see it.

JTman620

Smash Rookie
NNID
LegoBoy620
The hype train is at ludicrous speed now, and with less than 32 hours to go to the final broadcast, I made a template for bingo cards. You can download it below. Credit goes to ArtyOmin for the character renders from his smashified series. Also tweet out with the hashtag #Bingo4Smash once you have made your predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom