• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
New Pokemon VGC rules are terrible. Allowing 2 of any main legendaries. There's going to be Mega Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre/Groudon everywhere...
Oh my... VGC 2016 sounds like it's gonna be so insane. Mega Rayquaza is now viable?! RIP my Mega Lopunny. ;~; I guess that's the end of Mega Kangaskhans. :smirk: It's funny how that makes Thundurus and Landorus even more viable now. I'd love to run a Power Herb Xerneas. This is gonna be an interesting year for Pokemanz.

Pretty excited for the Smash Direct next week. Broadcast airs at 9AM here. I'm gonna have to set some alarms...

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
So Undertale beat Super Mario World at Gamefaqs Bets Game Ever poll.
It's a gem of a game, but really, SMW? A game that sold 30M copies and pretty much perfected 2D plataforming?
And the game that Yoshi debuted in? I'm sorry but I don't agree with this result at all.
But hey, it's Gamefaqs. It's not like anyone cares about that site anymore.

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
It's a gem of a game, but really, SMW? A game that sold 30M copies and pretty much perfected 2D plataforming?
And the game that Yoshi debuted in? I'm sorry but I don't agree with this result at all.
Undertale also beat Pokémon R/B/Y, which is slightly more understandable, because the original games weren't that great in comparison to the new ones. (pls don't hurt me genwunners)

MainJPW

M.T.A
A fire truck honking the jingle bell theme just passed through my street wishing houses a merry Christmas..atleast wait till' Christmas week.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Undertale is a great game and I love the crap out of it, but it isn't as influential or even as good as SMW.

But how can you really compare an indie RPG to a AAA action Platformer?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
It's silly to pretend for even one second that that Gamefaqs poll is anything other than a popularity contest. Undertale is really popular right now, so it gets lots of votes. If it wasn't Undertale, it would have been something else.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
A fire truck honking the jingle bell theme just passed through my street wishing houses a merry Christmas..atleast wait till' Christmas week.

Volume warning for this next one:
Thomas always manages to amuse me.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not the first time a Gamefaqs Best Game Poll had bandwagoning. I don't agree with the result, but I don't care enough to have bothered voting when it came up either.

On the other hand though, I'm really tempted to pick up Hardcore Gaming's Top 200 Best VGs of All Time book, as I'm seeing a lot of amazing hidden gems I've had the pleasure of playing through even if SMW is only indirectly featured.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/200bestgames/200bestgames.htm

Stuff like The Guardian Legend, Gimmick!, Phantasy Star 4, Fire Emblem: PoR, Valkyria Chronicles, etc. really cements it as one of the most solid lists I've seen since Game Informer's 200th issue.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I don't take GameFAQs polls seriously so this grief over SMW's loss doesn't phase me.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Has Pokken been confirmed for consoles or is it still planned to be arcade-only?

Morbi

Scavenger
It's silly to pretend for even one second that that Gamefaqs poll is anything other than a popularity contest. Undertale is really popular right now, so it gets lots of votes. If it wasn't Undertale, it would have been something else.
It is still surprising, to me, that Undertale is more popular than one of the most overrated games of all time. That is quite the feat.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
It is still surprising, to me, that Undertale is more popular than one of the most overrated games of all time. That is quite the feat.
"SMW" "overrated"
U wana fite?
1v1 me on twitter

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
"SMW" "overrated"
U wana fite?
1v1 me on twitter
U wot m8, I ain't 'bout that life. I wana 1v1 u IRL. Ya dig?!

Nah, I am just messing around. I love Super Mario World. I was just wondering how long it would take for someone to call me out on it. I believe that claiming that certain games are overrated is overrated. And the only reason I say that is because I love Final Fantasy VII.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Speaking about Final Fantasy 7... Episodic release? What? Why?
What is wrong with Square Enix? Final Fantasy: All the Bravest, Augment Your Preorder, and now this?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Speaking about Final Fantasy 7... Episodic release? What? Why?
What is wrong with Square Enix? Final Fantasy: All the Bravest, Augment Your Preorder, and now this?
Like I keep saying it's probably just split up by the disks of the original version.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Like I keep saying it's probably just split up by the disks of the original version.
Why though? I mean, discs before didn't have enough space for the entire game, that's why there were three discs.
There's no reason for this bs nowsdays.

Morbi

Scavenger
Damn it! I was planning on purchasing episode one (which I assumed would just be Midgar) for Don Corneo and skipping the episode where, well, you know what happens. Everyone knows what happens. Why does it happen? I know why it happens. That does not mean that I like that it happens. But I do like what happens from a narrative perspective. It will still make me cry. I do not want to cry again.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If we get more good stuff announced this week, the title will get unwieldy.

Why though? I mean, discs before didn't have enough space for the entire game, that's why there were three discs.
Maybe it's that big? I think it can cross 25 GB, in which case it would need two discs.

:231:

Morbi

Scavenger
They also want to get it in the hands of consumers as soon as possible. So they could wait and put content on another disc. Or they could just release episode one once it is done, and then episode two when it is finished, episode three after that. They might even sell each episode for more than twenty dollars to maximize profit! Cha-Ching!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Damn it! I was planning on purchasing episode one (which I assumed would just be Midgar) for Don Corneo and skipping the episode where, well, you know what happens. Everyone knows what happens. Why does it happen? I know why it happens. That does not mean that I like that it happens. But I do like what happens from a narrative perspective. It will still make me cry. I do not want to cry again.
What if Aerith can survive through a side quest this time???

Morbi

Scavenger
I am not sure about that, it would attenuate the integrity of the plot; perhaps she could just remain in your party as a ghost? I mean, it would not be the first time for Final Fantasy... Spoiler alert. Maybe.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
"In order for her to survive, you need to pay us 20 dollars and give us your credit card information." Square Enix.

If we get more good stuff announced this week, the title will get unwieldy.

Maybe it's that big? I think it can cross 25 GB, in which case it would need two discs.

:231:
But it's episodic, like Telltale games or Life is Strange. Not released in multiple discs.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
"In order for her to survive, you need to pay us 20 dollars and give us your credit card account." Square
That would be an interesting micro-transaction that I would totally boycott as it is anti-consumer. I would most definitely not buy that at all. Nope, that does not pertain to my interests at all. I would not spend the affordable price of 20 dollars to further my gaming experience in a way that is meaningful to myself. I am against those really helpful micro-transactions that I do not desperately want to save my sweet, sweet Aerith.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I am not sure about that, it would attenuate the integrity of the plot; perhaps she could just remain in your party as a ghost? I mean, it would not be the first time for Final Fantasy... Spoiler alert. Maybe.
Yeah there has been odder things for playable characters in a Final Fantasy.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
That would be an interesting micro-transaction that I would totally boycott as it is anti-consumer. I would most definitely not buy that at all. Nope, that does not pertain to my interests at all. I would not spend the affordable price of 20 dollars to further my gaming experience in a way that is meaningful to myself. I am against those really helpful micro-transactions that I do not desperately want to save my sweet, sweet Aerith.
*slowly pulls wallet out of pocket*

Say guys is Yoshi-hara a good username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom