• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Same predicament here. And it airs in the middle of the night, to boot.

:231:
Around 4pm thankfully for me, but still. Why can't we just do it on the weekend?
As someone who loves Undertale to death. Undertale fandom is pretty gross and obsessive. They've probably ruined the game for many potential players due to shoving it down everyone's throats. I really wish they would stop.
This is why I'm glad I got my friends to play it before it was suffering from FNAF syndrome. We all enjoy the game and just stay away from the "cancerous" part of the fandom.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So the final direct has a date now, huh? I can't wait for it to end.
Some many consider me selfish because of my hatred of many things happening and who got in and such lately, but it's not just that; it's also so the dreaded topic that is related to or is about rosters, can finally be put to rest after a few years. We survived the roster wars and conflicts prior to the game's release, endured it while the game was released and new content was coming from time to time, and soon, it'll finally all be over. I remember similar happened to Brawl, and over the course of Brawl and this game have some of us gone insane from either wanting a character, or constantly having to hear about the topic.

But soon, it'll finally be over. I just have to endure what's gonna show up this Tuesday, and come out a survivor with his sanity in-tact.

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
also keep in mind that this is the final direct dedicated to Smash 4, not the final Smash 4 news period. we may still get the occasional DLC every now and then, but this isn't really a guarantee either.

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
also keep in mind that this is the final direct dedicated to Smash 4, not the final Smash 4 news period. we may still get the occasional DLC every now and then, but this isn't really a guarantee either.
Even that's a stretch I think. I look back at the quote Sakurai made a few months back:
From now until the end, it is going to be fan service, but I can’t keep the development team together forever, so there’s only going to be several more characters. I also ask for your patience, as we need time to develop more content.
Notice where he says he can't keep the development team together and consistent forever. Eventually they have to let go of Smash 4 and either work on the next project, or as of right now the more likely situation (for Sakurai at least), just walk away from the series entirely. Therefore, I do kind of view this direct and the contents it shares as the last additional DLC for Smash 4. I'm sure we'll see a few more tweaks and updates, especially with new characters entering the mold. But as of actually new content, I don't see that happening after the Smash ballot fighter results.

Last edited:

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Even that's a stretch I think. I look back at the quote Sakurai made a few months back:

Notice where he says he can't keep the development team together and consistent forever. Eventually they have to let go of Smash 4 and either work on the next project, or as of right now the more likely situation (for Sakurai at least), just walk away from the series entirely. Therefore, I do kind of view this direct and the contents it shares as the last additional DLC for Smash 4. I'm sure we'll see a few more tweaks and updates, especially with new characters entering the mold. But as of actually new content, I don't see that happening after the Smash ballot fighter results.
I dunno, Smash is a pretty big cash cow for Nintendo right now. I wouldn't be suprised if we got some more content after this, even if it's minor stuff.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Any further news will probably be rather low-key - patches and Mii costumes. I won't expect stages or characters.

D

Deleted member

"Smash 4 Social Thread 6.0 - Smash 4 Final Video Presentation HYYYYYYYPE!"

Such an appropiate title.

_gold_

Smash Master
"Smash 4 Social Thread 6.0 - Smash 4 Final Video Presentation HYYYYYYYPE!"

Such an appropiate title.
I would post Nintendo hype train images, but I'd hate to be cliché. Just know my body is ready.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
*hears about the Nintendo Direct*
*reads it's the 15th at 11PM*
*checks college schedule*
*has a class at 10AM the next day*

Bwoah, that's going to be a long 2.5 hours.

Anyway:

All aboard the hype boat.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
How can you change your font on PC? I know you can change it on your phone, but even PC?
no.

Firefox has a built in feature that prevents site from displaying their own fonts and instead pick the one you chose, I of course changed it to hey gorgeous :)

For chrome, it;s an extension, but ask FalKoopa FalKoopa on that because I don;t feel searching my link again and he bookmarked it, but it basically does the same thing.

However, on my actually blog here:

http://paper-mario-for-ssb4.tumblr.com/

You will see hey gorgeous no matter what because I did a trick in the CSS to load the ttf file from my dropbox so it displays even if you don't have the font.

But yeah, everything on my pc except monospaced is hey gorgeous, and I guess my package manager :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For chrome, it;s an extension, but ask FalKoopa FalKoopa on that because I don;t feel searching my link again and he bookmarked it, but it basically does the same thing.
I won't recommend the Chrome extention. The icon for the PMs and alerts appear as boxes in Chrome.

-----------------------------------------------------------

By the way, Linux Mint 17.3 is out. Have you tested it?

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I won't recommend the Chrome extention. The icon for the PMs and alerts appear as boxes in Chrome.

-----------------------------------------------------------

By the way, Linux Mint 17.3 is out. Have you tested it?

btw, you have to deal with chriome issues because let me tell you a secret: firefox is actually well integrated in mint unlike chrome. What I mean is well the font got fixed on firefox months ago, unlike chrome. When you downl;oad soemthing, the option "open existing folder) will actually bring your file explorer to the file and select it for you, chrome would jsut open the folder and if you are like me that never cleas his download folder, you will love firefox.

I recommend at least trying firefox.

And no it is out STANDALONE. I hope you didn;t installed it because you need to reinstall to do that, they clearly said on the release page you have to wait some days to have a friendly upgrade path to happen. Basically, I didn;t tested it because I am waiting for the upgrade path to arrive.

I did read news on it and expect more enhancements to cinnamon, they really do a good job lately for making cinnamon better :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
btw, you have to deal with chriome issues because let me tell you a secret: firefox is actually well integrated in mint unlike chrome. What I mean is well the font got fixed on firefox months ago, unlike chrome. When you downl;oad soemthing, the option "open existing folder) will actually bring your file explorer to the file and select it for you, chrome would jsut open the folder and if you are like me that never cleas his download folder, you will love firefox.

I recommend at least trying firefox.
Oh, I am using Firefox right now, actually. :p
Screenshot from 2015-12-10 01:32:38.png

Notice the Ubuntu font?

And no it is out STANDALONE. I hope you didn;t installed it because you need to reinstall to do that, they clearly said on the release page you have to wait some days to have a friendly upgrade path to happen. Basically, I didn;t tested it because I am waiting for the upgrade path to arrive.

I did read news on it and expect more enhancements to cinnamon, they really do a good job lately for making cinnamon better :)
It is out through the Update Manager.

Go to the Edit Menu. There is the option to upgrade to 17.3. The update just came out today, actually.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh, I am using Firefox right now, actually. :p
View attachment 86790

Notice the Ubuntu font?

It is out through the Update Manager.

Go to the Edit Menu. There is the option to upgrade to 17.3. The update just came out today, actually.

*checks*

WHAT?

WHY LINUXMINT.COM , WHY YOU ARE HIDING STUFF FROM ME!

Will do now :)

Btw, idk you used tumblr, thanks for the follow :)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
New Pokemon VGC rules are terrible. Allowing 2 of any main legendaries. There's going to be Mega Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre/Groudon everywhere...

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
New Pokemon VGC rules are terrible. Allowing 2 of any main legendaries. There's going to be Mega Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre/Groudon everywhere...
Wow, really? That'll be fun. Maybe. :lol:
Kyogre and Groudon will definitely see a lot more usage since Primal Reversion is basically Mega Evolution without the restriction of only one Mega Evolution per team. But I don't know about Mega Rayquaza. I think the Mega Mewtwo Duo will be more popular. Then again, what do I know? :lol:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Wow, really? That'll be fun. Maybe. :lol:
Kyogre and Groudon will definitely see a lot more usage since Primal Reversion is basically Mega Evolution without the restriction of only one Mega Evolution per team. But I don't know about Mega Rayquaza. I think the Mega Mewtwo Duo will be more popular. Then again, what do I know? :lol:
Mega Rayquaza doesn't need a Mega Stone to Mega Evolve, so it can hold any item. Mega Mewtwo is limited to holding a Mega Stone. You won't be seeing much Mewtwo if at all. :(

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Mega Rayquaza doesn't need a Mega Stone to Mega Evolve, so it can hold any item. Mega Mewtwo is limited to holding a Mega Stone. You won't be seeing much Mewtwo if at all. :(
You got a point there. When I wrote that I was thinking about whether Air Lock/Delta Stream would be useful on a doubles team. Then again, Mega Mewtwo X and Y's abilities won't do much anyways (except maybe Insomnia at the lower level cuz Smeargle with Spore/Dark Void is obviously a good strategy :rolleyes:). Only time will tell, I suppose.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, with the last of the Smash 4 updates(aside from possible patches)coming up soon, I'd be happy to see what character(s) get added. It'd be nice to see some left field character along with a couple of popular choices. And obviously it'd be nice to have the Cloud release date as well. But I wouldn't be too surprised if he's buy-able as soon as the Direct is over.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Th. . .heck?

It was fine before, no need to derail it any further.

All they really needed before was to add Mega Stones to the banned item list. :/

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
FalKoopa FalKoopa I got 17.3 "Rosa" (cute!) and yeah, I liek it a lot :)

EXCEPT IT FREAKING BROKE MY CSS CONTAINING MY HEY GORGOEUS FONT FOR CINNAMON!!!!!

.....i fixed it, but I was panicked :(

Anyway, I really like the way it is fading the main widnows when you ahve a dialog box like in the update manager. Speaking of the update manager, I really like how it is smarter in what mirrors you use.

The input method settings got improved and I installed every of them for the lols, but they might aqctually matter for you. They say these input methods helps to write in languages like Chinese or Japanese or Korean.

I heard a lot of good stuff about the sound applet so might check that :)

They added a remote desktiop panel in the system trayu which sounds interesting.

Idk why, but I feel the way they font load is better, don;t quote me on that though.

The effects settings are massively improved, it's MUCH more clear what the options do and there's a ton of them.

btw, now by default, dialog box are attached to their parent so this is why you might get the little fade.

They also made the clsoing effect A LOT better like my god it;s so good!

They also put the sfx for minimising when you come back to a widnow which reminds me I shoudl edit my sfx......

And they FINALLY put window preview when you hover on them.

So basically, I LIKE IT! :)

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Greninja will probably be nerfed though I rather he be buffed. I bet all my favorites will be nerfed even though they are the ones who need to be buffed.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I was quoted 3 times and tagged once when I came back I feel famous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom