• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
It's just that this thread seems similiar to the more active NintenZone social thread owned by Swampasaur.

D

Deleted member

Me too, I almost always have this page opened, but i find myself doing other stuff. I prefer faster threads than the current speed here. It is a weekend tho, those days are slow days.
Same here. I prefer faster-moving threads and almost always leave the tab open in case something catches my interest. Though I've been posting a lot more (and more) on the Disco Room ever since I got my Premium gift, so that's another thing.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
This thread is dead, isn't it?
Isn't it always dead around this time? There's a few posts now and then but nothing major. The only real activity is when there is new Smash news and everyone comes here to speculate. After that nada.
I wonder why did the activity dropped though. This place use to be bustling long ago.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I will say that the lack of activity is because there is other thread like this one but "better". By that, i mean faster and with more people. So, people prefer to go where they know we're people will listen. It's kinda sad but it's life. ('Still love this thread however.)

D

Deleted member

Isn't it always dead around this time? There's a few posts now and then but nothing major. The only real activity is when there is new Smash news and everyone comes here to speculate. After that nada.
I wonder why did the activity dropped though. This place use to be bustling long ago.
The reasoning behind all this is pretty simple: gifting most of the users Premium and preferring the Disco Room over anything else because its rules are much more relaxed than the rest of the site. I do think speculation suits the NintenZone thread better, but whatever works, I suppose.

Activity being dead around this time is normal.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
We should all be vomit green or [preferably] pus yellow
Despair Gray - Admin
Blood Red - Moderator
Pus Yellow - Writing Staff
Vomit Green - BRoomer
Sky Blue - Premium
Navy Blue - Tournament Organizer
Noob Magenta - Pranked!
Club Purple - Competitive BRoomer
Pale White - Ranking Staff

:088:

However, before Xenforo, Premium colors were Lime Green instead of Light Blue.

I think there was also some sort of customization option using Orange/Yellow/Pink, but I don't remember what it was for exactly. Wouldn't be surprised if Orange is saved for the new Smash Connect board.

Last edited:
Despair Gray - Admin
Blood Red - Moderator
Vomit Green - BRoomer
Sky Blue - Premium
Noob Magenta - Pranked!

I think there was also some sort of customization option using Orange/Yellow/Pink, but I don't remember what it was for exactly. Wouldn't be surprised if Orange is saved for the new Smash Connect board.
I request a light pink banner.

Only for me.

And it says "Special".

Because I'm special.

:174:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I request a light pink banner.

Only for me.

And it says "Special".

Because I'm special.

:174:
And I should get one that is white and reads "Special Snowflake".

Because I'm a Special Snowflake.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I know there was also a few users with black usernames at one point before Xenforo, but I think they were apart of some admin alternate account pranks.

I know there was also a "Santa Claus" user, who caused a snowflake effect on each page they posted on.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Despair Gray - Admin
Blood Red - Moderator
Vomit Green - BRoomer
Sky Blue - Premium
Noob Magenta - Pranked!

I literally can not read the 2 dark blue lines,

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
1-Up Mushroom on Premium Users again plz
When I lurked during the Brawl times they had that cool icon iirc

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
While resetting for IVs for the shiny Rayquaza event, I got an Adamant one with a spread of 0-1/30-31/30-31/6-7/30-31/31. Not sure if I should keep it since that HP is abysmal, but everything else not special attack is amazing...

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
I lurk the Olimar board from time to time. I've actually learned a lot from it (especially posters there like @Myran and koken koken ), despite being a casual player by Smashboards standards. It's also kind of cool to find other Olimar/Alph mains and show solidarity with them, since Olimar and Alph aren't exactly the most popular characters in Smash 4.

I'd probably post in the characters boards more if I felt like they were welcoming to people who aren't competitive players. I tend to worry about asking dumb questions or being criticized for talking about things unrelated to the "meta," since I've seen some negative reactions to stuff like that before. I don't mean to paint the character forums with too broad a brush--some people are pretty welcoming and helpful there--I'm just not as eager to post somewhere where I feel like I'm not contributing anything.
I think you're right, we are so few Olimar/Alph mains I think we only focus on the competitive area, mainly because we need to get better faster as we don't have tons of information o fame like other characters.
Nevertheless we lack the space for not being constantly serious xD and I guess we will have to work on that:p.

By the way; thanks a lot for the mention :D, I'm happy to know I have helped someone.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
So I just had a conversation about Christmas gifts with my mother.

She notices the amiibo figures I have on my shelf and suggests that she could maybe buy a few of them for me as Christmas gifts, so I explain that these are characters from Super Smash Bros.

Then she takes my Greninja and comment about how it looks like a Pokémon.
So I explain to her that yes, it is a Pokémon.

Apparently surprised she says that if it's Pokémon then it's not Smash Bros.
Then I tell her that yes, Pokémon are in Smash Bros.

She also thought that R.O.B. was some robot from Star Trek, by the way.
Something I found to be pretty funny. Also amusingly surprised that she found Greninja to be like a Pokémon even though I'm pretty sure she never saw a picture of Greninja before.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Anyone else thinks clouds hair looks weird? Like they cut off part of his head or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom