• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I realized recently that Mewtwo is the Godzilla of Pokemon when involving forms.

He has a metal (armored) form, a time alternative form, a young incarnation, and now a Space form. : laugh: Okay well. I'm not sure if Dark Mewtwo is from space, but that Crystal made me think think Space Godzilla as soon as I saw it.

So basically, Mewtwo is Friezilla. :4mario:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
In today's episode of "The Survivors of The Great Meme Gulag Act II", the users learn that different parts of the world refer to certain products differently for a specific reason.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
In today's episode of "The Survivors of The Great Meme Gulag Act II", the users learn that different parts of the world refer to certain products differently for a specific reason.
I Survived: The Great Meme Gulag

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
H
This whole Rockets/Smarties thing is like a slightly less convoluted version of the daddy long leg situation.

Like, depending on where you are in the world, daddy longlegs are one of three different animals.

Either these (harvestmen) :

These (cellar spiders) :

Or these (crane flies) :

Like seriously. The name was so popular people gave it to three completely unrelated arthropods.
Harvest men are daddy Long legs, crane flies are mosquito eaters

Anyone that says otherwise is wrong

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Don't forget to stick around for the post-credits scene where Mega Bidoof comes back from the grave after being dead for like a month in a shocking twist cliffhanger ending!

Inb4 nobody notices he was gone and forgot about him. and gets pissed at the writers for bringing back a stupid, cliche, one trick pony from Season 5!

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So I've been seeing people with broken images for avatars again.
Are avatars broken?
Again?

Alright, I guess that gives me some time with Koishi then.

D

Deleted member

It's a good thing I make it so that my avatars last for months. That way, I don't have to worry about changing it to something else, only to get a broken image.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's a good thing I make it so that my avatars last for months. That way, I don't have to worry about changing it to something else, only to get a broken image.
It has more to do with the user. Most of us can't stick with one avatar no matter how good it is.

:231:

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I've spent so much time listening to the Touhou House Sets.
The House Set versions of "Blue Sea of 53 Minutes" and "Invisible Full Moon" really get to me.

What have you guys been doing on this fine very late at night?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Don't forget to stick around for the post-credits scene where Mega Bidoof comes back from the grave after being dead for like a month in a shocking twist cliffhanger ending!

Inb4 nobody notices he was gone and forgot about him. and gets pissed at the writers for bringing back a stupid, cliche, one trick pony from Season 5!
Season 5? But we're currently in the midst of season 6.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The amount of time I use an avi is directly proportional to the amount of time I work on it, in other words; how many hours I take to place the freaking 24 properly

D

Deleted member

It has more to do with the user. Most of us can't stick with one avatar no matter how good it is.

:231:
I guess. This one managed to last five months in a row. I did remove the checkboard-style background and shades in December of last year, but it was still the same avatar. The single-color version of this another one has managed to last ten months in a row in both YouTube and DeviantArt.

Perhaps it's because I'm not too interested in looking up images of video game characters or anything of the like and set them up as my avatar.. it's a pretty rare case as of lately. Making my own stuff has been a habit I've been doing for five years now.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
So this is what Gravatars are supposed to be like. That's cool, I guess.

Ah, another very good set of questions! Good stuff.

Bias from volunteering is very difficult to work around. I'm trying to convince my mentor to add the survey to the pool of freshmen that are required to take at least 2 surveys per semester to get extra credit in their intro to psych courses. However, as a couple of old psychologists once said: "With careful and prolonged planning, we may reduce or eliminate many potential sources of bias, but seldom will we be able to eliminate all of them. Accept bias as inevitable and then endeavor to recognize and report all exceptions that do slip thought the cracks." Good and Hardin (2006) Common Errors in Statistics (and How to Avoid Them), p. 113. Considering this, it is easy to see that some bias will happen, no matter how many precautions I try to take. Be that as it may, I'm open to suggestions on how I can further eliminate volunteer bias.

As for the 18+ requirement; yes, it is missing a huge portion of the population. However, if we were to attempt to gather a significant enough portion of that part of the gaming community population, we would have to go to schools, get permission slips signed by parents, get permission from teachers to take some of their class time, and have the students take the survey in person. Aint nobody got time for that. Considering the sign up age for smashboards and reddit, however, I'm guessing we'll get a decent portion of that population covered :p.
Alright, makes sense. Once again, thank you very much for educating me about your survey! :)

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Correct. I mean that's better than having no avatar at all.
True, but I'll miss that broken image symbol. :'( I had actually tried changing my avatar on purpose just to have that broken avi for a while. But then I wanted to try out a gravatar, and now I'm here. I'm weird, I know. :lol:

D

Deleted member

True, but I'll miss that broken image symbol. :'( I had actually tried changing my avatar on purpose just to have that broken avi for a while. But then I wanted to try out a gravatar, and now I'm here. I'm weird, I know. :lol:
Nope, I'm even weirder. I was about to switch to the blue version of my avatar, but then I decided not to after hearing about the resurgence of this problem. I've had some experience with Gravatars before, having been on WordPress and stuff. Not by much, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Mythra Mythra , what you said in the Avatar Rating Thread inspired me to prank SSG SS Goku. :p

Nope, I'm even weirder. I was about to switch to the blue version of my avatar, but then I decided not to after hearing about the resurgence of this problem. I've had some experience with Gravatars before, having been on WordPress and stuff. Not by much, though.
That's so weird. What's wrong with you? :dazwa:
Anyways, how were your experiences with Gravatars? Good? Bad? Eh? Do you prefer the regular system for avis?

D

Deleted member

Huh, I didn't know Outlook.com was going under a redesign. Then again I barely use the thing.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Huh, I didn't know Outlook.com was going under a redesign. Then again I barely use the thing.
It looks pretty okay for me, but I miss the good 'ol days of Hotmail and Messenger and their custom designs

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
If anyone want to chat about the new One Piece chapter I'm trying to kick start a convo here:

TALKIES

Also, I'm thinking of making a One Piece group, let me know if that's something you'd be keen for. More of a small-ish kinda chapter discussion group.

D

Deleted member

That's so weird. What's wrong with you? :dazwa:
Anyways, how were your experiences with Gravatars? Good? Bad? Eh? Do you prefer the regular system for avis?
It was decent at best. But then again they only really show up when you post something on a blog powered by WordPress. As for Smashboards, I highly favor the default system.

Normal avatars are up and running (again), by the way.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Current discussion is about avatars? I only change them when I see everyone else does...well, everyone else excluding the users that seem to stick with one for seemingly forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom