• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Let's be glad we got a handheld Smash Bros. though.
Real Talk: I would rather the 3DS version never got made if it meant that the Ice Climbers came back.

Yeah, I know. It's selfish, it's petty, but darn it, I just want my babies back. :confused:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So because of things like Toonforce, it's safe to say that the Disney and Looney Tunes universe stomps all fiction? :troll:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So because of things like Toonforce, it's safe to say that the Disney and Looney Tunes universe stomps all fiction? :troll:
Yes. Even if we were to take the things that happen in Dr. Slump and Luckyman seriously, Arale and Luckyman could effortlessly solo the entire Dragon Ball Z universe (except for the gods and the God forms of the Saiyans). :p

D

Deleted member

Real Talk: I would rather the 3DS version never got made if it meant that the Ice Climbers came back.

Yeah, I know. It's selfish, it's petty, but darn it, I just want my babies back. :confused:
Honestly, I never cared about them. I never used them in both Melee and Brawl, so their removal does not affect my game experience in any way. Now, if Nintendo had made it so that the 3DS could get a more powerful processor at launch, maybe that could've done something to appease the players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark_Link05

Smash Cadet
Howdy,

I am a graduate student at Texas A&M- Commerce attempting to start a study regarding perceptions of gaming fans. I created a survey that I would love if ya'll took part in. It is completely anonymous, and there are no perceivable adverse affects (i.e. "triggers") to taking the survey. It will be accessible for the next week; right now, I only have about 20 participants. I need a minimum of ~100 in order to be able to generalize the sample (ya'll) to the population (the worldwide gaming community). So please, be honest, don't troll, and if there are any suggestions or complaints, PM me. FalKoopa and Opossum have approved of my putting this survey on the social thread, so it shouldn't get reported for spam or taken down prematurely.

There are no right or wrong answers to any of the questions; it is your opinion that interests us. Your part in the study will be to answer questions regarding a fan interest. It will take you about 20-30 minutes to complete this study.

https://texasamcommerceed.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3zcnN1egQr35YQB

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

As a 3DS only player, it hurts me to see such rejection, but at least you admit you're blinded by love for your favorite characters, and I respect that.

Next time I'm sure that handhelds will be able to handle them, and then we can have our cake and eat it, too. :4kirby:

*pats fed0ra7 on back*

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Howdy,

I am a graduate student at Texas A&M- Commerce attempting to start a study regarding perceptions of gaming fans. I created a survey that I would love if ya'll took part in. It is completely anonymous, and there are no perceivable adverse affects (i.e. "triggers") to taking the survey. It will be accessible for the next week; right now, I only have about 20 participants. I need a minimum of ~100 in order to be able to generalize the sample (ya'll) to the population (the worldwide gaming community). So please, be honest, don't troll, and if there are any suggestions or complaints, PM me. FalKoopa and Opossum have approved of my putting this survey on the social thread, so it shouldn't get reported for spam or taken down prematurely.

There are no right or wrong answers to any of the questions; it is your opinion that interests us. Your part in the study will be to answer questions regarding a fan interest. It will take you about 20-30 minutes to complete this study.

I have a few questions. Did you choose this thread through random selection? Also, how would you be able to generalize the results of a sample conducted here to the worldwide gaming community? Did you randomly choose game community forums on the Internet and Smashboards happened to be one of them? Or if you're only conducting the survey only in Smashboards, wouldn't that only be generalized to the gaming community interested in Smash? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just curious about your survey. :)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Howdy,

That moment when you have something you want to say but are forbidden to talk about the study's content and don't want to start a confrontation and only want to make a joke about something.

Well, I suppose I can sum it up in one word:

Irony.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Howdy,

done :)

just saying, there was a page of question that i did twice I think it was the one that asks you your relation with other gamers, i got asked the questions twice.....weird.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
No, Toonforce is still feats-based. Homer Simpson has Toonforce but you don't see anyone suggesting he could solo the HST. Bugs Bunny's best Toonforce feat is becoming the artist on his own animation and splitting Florida with a saw. This would mean anyone with Plot Manipulation powers could beat a Bugs Bunny at his prime.

D

Deleted member

As a 3DS only player, it hurts me to see such rejection, but at least you admit you're blinded by love for your favorite characters, and I respect that.

Next time I'm sure that handhelds will be able to handle them, and then we can have our cake and eat it, too. :4kirby:

*pats fed0ra7 on back*
I hope that with this, Nintendo finally learns to make their next handheld powerful enough to run these two.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Howdy,

What the heck is a "Global Citizen"???

Is this some NWO stuff, or just people who travel a lot?
Without clarification, I can't complete this in good conscience.
I want my answers to be impossible to twist.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I have an OC series that is basically Superman meets Dragon Ball Z where all the main characters are animals. :p

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I have an OC series that is basically Superman meets Dragon Ball Z where all the main characters are animals. :p
How is a quadruped expected to fire off ki blasts

Dark_Link05

Smash Cadet
What the heck is a "Global Citizen"???

Is this some NWO stuff, or just people who travel a lot?
Without clarification, I can't complete this in good conscience.
I want my answers to be impossible to twist.

Global citizenship is defined as a person who places their identity with a "global community" above their identity as a citizen of a particular nation or place. In essence, it is if a person cares about people outside of their immediate social circle. To sum it up even further; sympathy and/or empathy with others.

sauce: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_citizenship
Salisbury: https://stiffkitten.wordpress.com/2010/04/18/global-identity/
Marinara: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/drew-noble-alexander/beyond-borders-what-it-me_b_4473695.html
For those who are scientists/curious as ****: https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=global+citizenship&btnG=&lr=lang_en&as_sdt=1,44&as_sdtp=

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Global citizenship is defined as a person who places their identity with a "global community" above their identity as a citizen of a particular nation or place. In essence, it is if a person cares about people outside of their immediate social circle. To sum it up even further; sympathy and/or empathy with others.
Thanks for the answer, but...
So, you're defining identifying as having compassion for?
I find trouble with that.
What if I'm an extremely compassionate person but don't identify with others at all, or visa versa?
Being / not being something doesn't mean one has to like / not like that thing in general.
Furthermore, would you classify a race (I suppose that's nation,) or a religion or a creed or a philosophy as a non-global or global element of community?

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
So apparently, Dimentio at his strongest is Multiversal. I guess that kills all arguments of half of the Mother universe, Rosalina, and a fraction of the Xenoblade gods being the strongest Nintendo characters. Not that I'm complaining, really.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Dimentio?comments_page=1
Oh god that's such poor logic
Can Dimentio wipe out a multiverse? Yes. He doesn't have Multiversal durability or good speed feats though. Hell, he doesn't even have good attack potency, just a really big range. Anyone with super speed and minor super strength can beat him. I'd say any JoJo character could do it with ease.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
No, Toonforce is still feats-based. Homer Simpson has Toonforce but you don't see anyone suggesting he could solo the HST. Bugs Bunny's best Toonforce feat is becoming the artist on his own animation and splitting Florida with a saw. This would mean anyone with Plot Manipulation powers could beat a Bugs Bunny at his prime.
What is this discussion even

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Pre-purchased Yo-Kai Watch!
Which reminds me, I need to do that soon since that's my most hyped game for the weekend. I can already feel Hungramps starting to inspirit me.

On a side note, GameXplain liked the game based on their recent review. Now to see how other reviews turn out this week.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I have a few questions. Did you choose this thread through random selection? Also, how would you be able to generalize the results of a sample conducted here to the worldwide gaming community? Did you randomly choose game community forums on the Internet and Smashboards happened to be one of them? Or if you're only conducting the survey only in Smashboards, wouldn't that only be generalized to the gaming community interested in Smash? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just curious about your survey. :)
Someone has been taking AP Stats. :smirk:
Welcome, brother!

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Howdy,

Opossum Opossum FalKoopa FalKoopa
Can you guys confirm your approval of this?

Not to be rude, random internet man, but I'd like to make absolutely sure that my trusted comrades are okay with this before I take part in some new study. :lol:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Not to be rude, random internet man, but I'd like to make absolutely sure that my trusted comrades are okay with this before I take part in some new study. :lol:
It's all good! I told him the social thread would be an okay place for a survey like that. :p

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Considering the guy wants a voluntary sample (which may have some bias due to the participation of certain users who may skew data), I don't see why it should be any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom