• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
(Buddha) (Buddha)

GG.

Good matches. I had fun. You are good. :)
Ditto to you my friend. Although, there was a bit of lag... Never the less, good games.

I just found the place I will go when I die
I just imagined an old woman playing in the ball pit with little children...
In all seriousness, that place actually looks fun!
Double posts....
Oh and its the first 2 posts of the next page... Just take me now mods

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I buy so many eShop games to drown out my many, many insecurities and stresses. Buying another eShop game is my version of ordering another pint. I should probably cut that out.
I know the feeling.

I'm probably gonna buy Kid Icarus the next time I break down.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I saw the first episode of Death Note today and i really like it. Has anyone else seen it?

D

Deleted member

I saw the first episode of Death Note today and i really like it. Has anyone else seen it?
They made Light far too unlikeable for me to enjoy it. I think it was around episode 13 when I was completely done with him.

D

Deleted member

I thought he was OK. What did you not like about him?
He came off a just a snobby asshole who could do whatever he wanted and get away with it. I hate that kind of person. And then later (episode 13-ish) there was this implied **** line and I was just done. Even when

He finally dies I couldn't get any enjoyment from it because it just took so long, and he got to play god for over a year in universe anyway.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
@Flight Well I'm not dead, the sky is up and I got my Pro Controller working with my PC in the end.

If you remember from last month, I was having an issue where my default drivers kept reinstalling and taking the place of the new Toshiba ones. I first tried turning off auto-detect drivers in the advanced start up settings, yet the drivers still kept coming back. Then you suggested that I stop automatic driver updates in advanced system settings, and that worked!

At least- for little while. When I restarted the computer, Toshiba Bluetooth Stack would no longer recognize any Bluetooth signals. I was in a position where I would have had to reinstall the damn thing every time I booted up. However, I stumbled across a solution. While searching to see if I was really using the latest version, I discovered that Toshiba made different drivers that you could use depending on the manufacturer of your Bluetooth device. The weird thing is these were not listed on Toshiba's page where I got the old ones and can no longer find. I installed the ones for Broadcom, without uninstalling the old ones, and after that, Toshiba Bluetooth Stack worked like a charm.

However, I had another problem. WiinUPro needs another program, called vJoy, to read the stick movement. So downloaded the latest version as instructed, but it didn't work. Turns out it only works with an older version. So I got that, and made some progress. I tested it on Dolphin, put it wouldn't let me select the controller. So then I just downloaded WiinUSoft, which tricks your computer into thinking the Pro is an Xbox controller. And I still use that to this day!

So that, ladies and gentlemen, is how to install the infamous Toshiba Bluetooth Stack.

So, while I was gone the site got a pretty fresh redesign. I kinda like it. ;)

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I thought he was OK. What did you not like about him?
I hate it when fiction attempts to establish that a character is vastly intelligent, but they completely and utterly fail to demonstrate this as a fact. You are just supposed to take their word for it, I suppose. They did a much better job convincing me that L was competent, but then it creates this dynamic where you are witnessing a one-sided rivalry and the only logical conclusion as to why it is even possible in the first place is because Light is best-buddies with a Shinigami.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Also, does anyone have any advice on how to hook up an HDMI laptop to a CRT TV?

I want to play Smash Flash 2 in my room, but I'm not having any luck. Even after buying an HDMI-A/V converter cable and a digital converter box.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Also, does anyone have any advice on how to hook up an HDMI laptop to a CRT TV?

I want to play Smash Flash 2 in my room, but I'm not having any luck. Even after buying an HDMI-A/V converter cable and a digital converter box.
I'm not even sure if a CRT has the plugs for the TV projector cable.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
He came off a just a snobby ******* who could do whatever he wanted and get away with it. I hate that kind of person. And then later (episode 13-ish) there was this implied **** line and I was just done. Even when

He finally dies I couldn't get any enjoyment from it because it just took so long, and he got to play god for over a year in universe anyway.
This guy sounds AWESOME!

I mean uh.. Gee.. What a ****.

(Note to self: Watch Death Note)

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
I don't know why, but I never really liked any anime except DBZ.....

Edit: @Motorcycle the Pooh you should read the Michael Vey books. The series main antagonist is one of the most evil people I've ever "met" (for lack of a better word) in fictionary works....

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
He came off a just a snobby ******* who could do whatever he wanted and get away with it. I hate that kind of person. And then later (episode 13-ish) there was this implied **** line and I was just done. Even when

This guy sounds AWESOME!

I mean uh.. Gee.. What a ****.

(Note to self: Watch Death Note)
There are two kinds of people.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Rip orange name.
I sorta wish the purple/blue names were optional. I like orange.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Seen it. Loved it. Would recommend it. 10/10

He is supposed to be the villain, you know. You aren't supposed to like him.

I enjoyed it because I just wanted to see who was going to win the game of wits. The characters have got brains.

:231:

Morbi

Scavenger
Seen it. Loved it. Would recommend it. 10/10

I enjoyed it because I just wanted to see who was going to win the game of wits. The characters have got brains.

That is not a valid refutation in the slightest. The antagonists are almost always my favorite characters, Light is just poorly written so the effect is diminished... To say the least.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
next week there's a holiday
saturday, sunday, monday, and tuesday
time to play an unhealthy amount of MGSV.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That is not a valid refutation in the slightest. The antagonists are almost always my favorite characters, Light is just poorly written so the effect is diminished... To say the least.
I didn't find him poorly written. Yeah, he's evil and unchained, but there are people actually adhere to his set of beliefs, which makes it scary.

And his elaborate plans overshadowed his vileness anyway, for me.

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
A Wild Brayz App- Oh Forget It.

How's It Hanging?

Morbi

Scavenger
I didn't find him poorly written. Yeah, he's evil and unchained, but there are people actually adhere to his set of beliefs, which makes it scary.

And his elaborate plans overshadowed his vileness anyway, for me.

I would need to re-watch it to point out specific examples; however, I do believe it is fair to say that if he was written a little bit better, the writers would have conveyed the story in a more immersive manner where you could more or less decide which character and philosophy was more "correct." That would have been fun, but I just dismiss Light's perspective because... Well, he was not well-written in my not-so humble opinion. I WANTED to like him, but I do not. It is not because he is 2edgy4me or evil. I am usually drawn to those archetypes.

D

Deleted member

I know he's supposed to be unlikeable, but he did his job a little too well for my tastes. It really soured everything else.

L was cool though.

D

Deleted member

@Flight Well I'm not dead, the sky is up and I got my Pro Controller working with my PC in the end.

If you remember from last month, I was having an issue where my default drivers kept reinstalling and taking the place of the new Toshiba ones. I first tried turning off auto-detect drivers in the advanced start up settings, yet the drivers still kept coming back. Then you suggested that I stop automatic driver updates in advanced system settings, and that worked!

At least- for little while. When I restarted the computer, Toshiba Bluetooth Stack would no longer recognize any Bluetooth signals. I was in a position where I would have had to reinstall the damn thing every time I booted up. However, I stumbled across a solution. While searching to see if I was really using the latest version, I discovered that Toshiba made different drivers that you could use depending on the manufacturer of your Bluetooth device. The weird thing is these were not listed on Toshiba's page where I got the old ones and can no longer find. I installed the ones for Broadcom, without uninstalling the old ones, and after that, Toshiba Bluetooth Stack worked like a charm.

However, I had another problem. WiinUPro needs another program, called vJoy, to read the stick movement. So downloaded the latest version as instructed, but it didn't work. Turns out it only works with an older version. So I got that, and made some progress. I tested it on Dolphin, put it wouldn't let me select the controller. So then I just downloaded WiinUSoft, which tricks your computer into thinking the Pro is an Xbox controller. And I still use that to this day!

So that, ladies and gentlemen, is how to install the infamous Toshiba Bluetooth Stack.

So, while I was gone the site got a pretty fresh redesign. I kinda like it. ;)
You finally got it working? That's great. I decided to uninstall Bluetooth Stacks last month as I had no real use for it and gradually lost interest. I can play games just fine on my consoles, so no big deal.

I'll be sure to follow your instructions whenever I want to, though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nope, don't think I ever said that.

Didn't Opossum Opossum say he had the broken english text on the NZ social thread weeks ago?
Oh God it was terrible. Like seriously, as if two sentences were merged together.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Having not seen Death Note, the most unlikeable thing I've seen Light do is as an assist trophy in SSF2.
If he sees you, which he will if you stand on the same platform as him (which makes him a huge threat on Final Destination/3DS Ω), he writes your name, laughing maniacally, and a countdown appears over your head. Once it reaches 0, boom. Instant KO.

He IS very rare, though... All the same, I imagine a lot of the Smash community would love to see him write "Son Goku".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom