• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
No, I'm just over here doing my gig about fake static to help censor things better left unsaid.
I think that I get what're you trying to say :4palutena:

Regarding Mario Kart I think it doesn't is a "family game" anymore because a Blue Shell is a friendship wrecker just like almost everything in Mario Party :laugh:
Also, racing is srs stuff, that's why I stress the hell out during Nascar Sprint Cup sundays :4ryu:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, I'm just over here doing my gig about fake static to help censor things better left unsaid.
Ah, I see. Alright then.

Yeah, Mario Kart is better off as a "Play with your family" game. Still, it is a bit understandable. After all, it is racing.
I'd rather play the game the way it's meant to be. Not to mention, the competitive side of things revolves around online. Extreme lag, flame wars / arguments, and many more can take place within this section.

カワシさん

Ah, I see. Alright then.

I'd rather play the game the way it's meant to be. Not to mention, the competitive side of things revolves around online. Extreme lag, flame wars / arguments, and many more can take place within this section.
Mario Kart has none of that, fortunately. :)

Now this whole thing makes me wonder: Is there competitive Pokemon?

I think that I get what're you trying to say :4palutena:

Regarding Mario Kart I think it doesn't is a "family game" anymore because a Blue Shell is a friendship wrecker just like almost everything in Mario Party :laugh:
Also, racing is srs stuff, that's why I stress the hell out during Nascar Sprint Cup sundays :4ryu:
Maybe you could say the same for Smash? :smirk:

Also, I can agree on that. I don't watch it much, but really a lot can happen, especially with Nascar.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Competitive Mario Kart is basically limited to Time Trials, isn't it? After all, the randomness by playing alone is much less limited than playing with friends. And from the forums dedicated to competitive MK I've gone to(which is only 1), it did seem to focus mostly on TT.

D

Deleted member

Competitive Mario Kart is basically limited to Time Trials, isn't it? After all, the randomness by playing alone is much less limited than playing with friends. And from the forums dedicated to competitive MK I've gone to(which is only 1), it did seem to focus mostly on TT.
I've seen some people rely on it, yeah. But "competitive" Mario Kart as we know it revolves mostly around online connectivity (Mario Kart Wii, 7 and 8 online).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
YO!
Hello guys, what's going on here? Mario Kart talk? I don't have play one game since a good time.

カワシさん

I don't play Pokémon, but I heard Smogon and this "VGC" thing exist.
I looked it up, it seems there is a small bit of competitive Pokemon. It's a bit complicated. I mean, Pokemon has everyone for a competitive scene, but to me it wouldn't feel right playing it that way. It has a lot of variety and to me isn't that much of a competitive thing, even though it could pull it off.

Centering it around that makes sense. A lot of games have challenges where you have to do speedruns and get the fastest time. That aside, racing is still a significant component in that scene, but you can find a lot of world records for tracks on Youtube (which I assume is part of the TT area of the scene), so I'm not all that surprised. Really, TT was supposed to be competitive on its own when it was integrated with online.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I've seen some people rely on it, yeah. But "competitive" Mario Kart as we know it revolves mostly around online connectivity (Mario Kart Wii, 7 and 8 online).
Well, TT has online :/
Centering it around that makes sense. A lot of games have challenges where you have to do speedruns and get the fastest time. That aside, racing is still a significant component in that scene, but you can find a lot of world records for tracks on Youtube (which I assume is part of the TT area of the scene), so I'm not all that surprised. Really, TT was supposed to be competitive on its own when it was integrated with online.
I think if you do well in TT, then racing is pretty much obsolete competitively. You already know the best customization for the levels, the best shortcuts, and if your opponent does too, it all comes down more to pure randomness than differential player skill and optimizing your path.

D

Deleted member

I looked it up, it seems there is a small bit of competitive Pokemon. It's a bit complicated. I mean, Pokemon has everyone for a competitive scene, but to me it wouldn't feel right playing it that way. It has a lot of variety and to me isn't that much of a competitive thing, even though it could pull it off.
Playing Pokémon like your average casual is complicated enough for me that I wouldn't even want to play it that way.

カワシさん

Well, TT has online :/

I think if you do well in TT, then racing is pretty much obsolete competitively. You already know the best customization for the levels, the best shortcuts, and if your opponent does too, it all comes down more to pure randomness than differential player skill and optimizing your path.
That's pretty much how a lot of Mario Kart games are made to be: Random. I love Mario Kart, but with a lot of the games (up until recently) it hasn't really been based all that much on skill. There isn't much skill to it other than things like hopping, protecting against items, and just staying on the inside. Mario Kart 8 put more of skill into it.

Playing Pokémon like your average casual is complicated enough for me that I wouldn't even want to play it that way.
Pokemon, Gotta Catch Em' All.
Thank this concept.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Just got home from the music festival Sonic Boom. It was great. My favourite was Ellie Goulding, she was amazing!

I am sore and soaked.

カワシさん

I guess. I just don't know how to play it well. I think even a 10-year old can beat me on this game.
To be honest, I try to collect strong legendaries, maybe try to train up my starters to be OP= Won Matches
Or you could just use Darkrai :smirk:

Seriously, Pokemon is actually quite basic once you get ahold of it. Really completing the story modes while collecting Pokemon along the way is all you need to know. As for me, I use my starters most of the time in battles, instead of other Pokemon (except for later in the storyline).
Also, as for a 10 year old being able to beat you, I'm 12 and get beat quite a few times, both in the story and online. For mr, it gives me all the more reason to train my Pokemon to the fullest.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So just out of curiosity, how do you guys normally do in ranked battles in Splatoon?
For me, I always do my best, but 80% of the time I get stuck with a team of losers who can't do anything right, because I'm stuck in limbo in the B rank.
I wish the rating system were better so that the good players wouldn't get brought down by the bad ones.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Finally, my victim have been pranked. Just like planned.:demon:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So just out of curiosity, how do you guys normally do in ranked battles in Splatoon?
For me, I always do my best, but 80% of the time I get stuck with a team of losers who can't do anything right, because I'm stuck in limbo in the B rank.
I wish the rating system were better so that the good players wouldn't get brought down by the bad ones.
I've never played Ranked, if turf war stresses me out as much as it does I can only imagine what Ranked would do to me. lol

D

Deleted member

Me neith-- *notices Mortal Kombat X was on EVO 2015*

Never mind.
Wait.. What?

No... No.. NO NO NO NO NO! How? How!?!
How is that even remotely surprising? Netherrealm Studios has been trying to push it as a more competitive series since 9, and they've done a pretty good job at it. It's gone beyond the gore and fatalities and has established itself as a great fighting game and potential E-sport on on it's own. It's success at EVO even helps cement that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
..Well **** me on Christmas Eve. A girl at the shop told me I was handsome.

Y'all can call me... Handsome Aura.

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Late night check in after days of not coming over. Seems like no one is online at the moment, so I'll just leave this here for now.
School seems fine; I've got a couple things to do, but nothing too hard. Just gotta look for colleges and decide what I'll do.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

I should get into Spongebob...I've never watched much of the show, but what I have was great. IDK what season I've seen so maybe I'd be fine with both new and old Spongebob.

Video kind of related.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Finally, after days or maybe even weeks of attempting, I finally beat Gothorita in Pokemon Shuffle. Spent so many coins on a couple Great Balls to catch it though...At least I didn't use them on items before fighting it.

Also got Rosalina amiibo today. Was not expecting it to be shipped until after Monday. My collection is slowly growing.

As for Smash, I still love playing Smash Run. While Smash Tour can get frustrating at times, I still enjoy it. Otherwise I've got life decisions that may affect whether I'll have any time to play them or not...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have been thinking about getting it today... :p I will have to ask my dad.

Nuuuuuu you won't.

I will just stop you with the orange Nickelodeon slime. :troll:
You cant do that. All of your memes belong to us.:4bowserjr:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OK...

I use super scrub tactics! IT IS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Red Hunter X is now salty! :troll:
At least i am salty. You, you are a scrub as you say.:troll:
SHOT FIRE

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You're all scrubs, and this is drifting into spam territory. Enough one-liner/+1 posts.

The key thing to take from all of this is "to you" or in your opinion. Saying Pokémon has a small competitive scene is a vast understatement.

Nearly everything can be played competitively, with this website/series being only but a small sample of competitive and even casual gaming. Understandable, of course, that things people don't follow/take that seriously would be taken lightly.

I got to S Rank through sheer will, and almost exclusively play Ranked with friends now. Playing for fun/with consistent teammates beats having to carry bad teammate after bad teammate all the live long day.

T

Trick or Treat

Definitely!

I learned my skills with Pikachu from another player I encountered in an online tournament for the 3DS. He did the same thing, and more, and I could barely keep up. I was pretty much destroyed. So yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I'm working on coming up with more variations, so I'll see where that goes.

As for not punishing your Rests, I felt that it would make the matches unfair if I punished them. Not really because of that itself, but because you missed quite a few times. If you want a tip, focus on landing Rests and not overusing them, but don't underuse it either. As for me, I need to work on landing Nosferatu with Robin (which is harder than it looks). Next time I (might) not hold back on your Rests!
Believe me I am normally better with the Rests, but I got too aggressive against you. I started to get better with them in the later matches, at least.

Don't hold back next time! I will definitely Rest any missed Nosferatus!

Yeah, Mario Kart is better off as a "Play with your family" game. Still, it is a bit understandable. After all, it is racing.
I have to disagree. Sure, people had that goal of beating Time Trials, but real competitive Mario Kart was having clan wars, which peaked back in Mario Kart Wii

Despite the drama and such that was pretty common in the clan scene, they were really fun to be apart of and I met so many great people. I'm a bit disappointed Smash doesn't have clans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Seriously, does anyone know how I can get more slots in the stage builder?

Before, I was able to make 94. Now, I'm stuck at 86. I have zero replays. Even deleting more than a few Mii Fighters didn't help.

And yet I hear some people can squeeze in more than 110. What's the big deal?!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have to disagree. Sure, people had that goal of beating Time Trials, but real competitive Mario Kart was having clan wars, which peaked back in Mario Kart Wii

Despite the drama and such that was pretty common in the clan scene, they were really fun to be apart of and I met so many great people. I'm a bit disappointed Smash doesn't have clans.
In any case, i don't care really about competive scene in any games. I just try to have the most fun i can have.
Also i have forget to say but i have finish Mega Man 2 on my 3DS!

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
*looks left*

*looks right*

Man, this place is dead right now. It's like people are at school on a Sunday.

Wonder if people are actually busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom