• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Final Video Presentation Recap

What was your favorite part of the direct?

• Cloud and Midgar Stage Information

Votes: 95 12.9%
  • New Mii Costumes

Votes: 32 4.4%
  • Corrin Chooses To Smash

Votes: 184 25.0%
  • Bayonetta Gets Wicked! And New Umbra Clock Tower Stage

Votes: 424 57.7%

• Total voters
As Sakurai set to close the curtains on Smash 4, our excitements could not be contained. Whistles blew on hype trains across the world as Smash fans settled in for what was to be the final video presentation for Smash 4. We got many amazing announcement that are sure to entice. For those who have yet to watch the direct this is the final warning before we get to spoilers, so turn around now or learn what Smash 4 still has in store!

---​

Corrin, the main character from from Fire Emblem: Fates is coming to Smash! Corrin will have a male and female version of the character similar to Robin or Wii Fit Trainer. As "dragon blood runs through his veins" some of his moves will involve partial transformation. If Corrin is purchased for the Wii U version, two free songs will be included on the the Fire Emblem stages in the games from Fire Emblem Fates. Two special trophies for Fire Emblem Fates have also been added to Smash 3DS. Corrin has a hopeful release in February 2016 and is expected to cost $4.99 for the character.

Corrin Chooses To Smash!

Many details on Cloud's gameplay were explained during the presentation including the mechanics of his Limit Gauge as well as how the new stage Midgar would use 'summons' like Ifrit, Ramuh, Odin, and more! Cloud and his new stage Midgar will be coming to Smash 4 for download later today! They can be bought as a bundle for $5.99.

New Mii Costumes!

While many expected the Chocobo Mi hat after the Cloud's announcement, another character with strong ties to Square Enix and Nintendo also made his way into Smash as a costume: Super Mario RPG's Geno! This wasn't the end either as many more costumes were announced such as:
  • Knuckles (Sonic) - Mii Brawler Costume
  • Tails (Sonic) - Mii Gunner Costume
  • Bionic - Brawler
  • Ashley (Wario Ware Inc. Mega Microgame$)- Swordfighter
  • Gil - (The Tower Of Druaga) Swordfighter
  • Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) - Swordfighter

Bayonetta comes to Smash! She was the winner of the Smash Ballot in Europe, within the top 5 in America, and was the most "realizable fighter" within the ballot. Umbra Clock Tower will be coming as Bayonetta's stage with it's own unique music as well as special trophies form the game. February 2016 is also the targeted release date for Bayonetta. All characters announced today will also have amiibos made for them as well.

Bayonetta Gets Wicked!

The full presentation with more details can be viewed here. Feel the hype Smash fans? Is that pure energy unable to be contained? Jump into the comments section below and tell us what was the best part of this direct and as always stay tuned to Smashboards for the finest in Smash news coverage

Last edited:

Comments

To all those complaining about not getting K. Rool, Wolf, Snake, Shantae, whatever: Sakurai has created a fantastic game. Get over yourself and appreciate all the work he and his team to make Smash 4.

Actually i can't say for sure if i'm more hyped for corrin, or bayonetta...

yup def bayonetta, why she isnt in the options?

(Sakurai certainly LOVES Fire emblem)

I am personally amazed by the work put into both characters, even if it's at the cost of massive salt.

Though the salt was inevitable anyway.

H Y P E B O Y Z
For real tho, R.I.P. to all the Geno fans. That was legit heartbreaking and I don't even care about the character.

Last edited:
I was really salty, not gonna lie.

But that touching speech from Sakurai at the end there kind of made up for it. He's made a fantastic game, even if I disagree with a certain character.

Jk still kind of salty

Was dissapointed at first to see ANOTHER anime swordsman, from Fire Emblem no less, but as they doled out the mechanics, Corrin looks pretty unique and fun (if not broken).

R.I.P. Geno, can't wait to get that Bayoneta stage!

Eh. The newcomers look interesting enough. Still think Tails, Knuckles or Eggman should have been that second SEGA rep tho...

I miss Wolf...

Man how did X character didn't won the ballot? This sure is a scam!

Last edited:
Even though I expected Wolf and Shovel Knight, this was a nice direct. CLOUD AND BAYONETTA HYPE TRAIN.

These characters looking mad good to be used in competitive play. Bayo with them combos going to be real entertaining to watch.

I'm glad Bayonetta is in. She looks wicked. Though I'm going to be plenty entertained from the salt generated by the Geno Mii Costume.

I feel like the addition of this Corrin character was unnecessary and I'm not hyped for Cloud, but Bayonetta filled the void in me. I really really hope shes a good character.

Last edited:
That awkward realization where the most popular characters in America.....were only popular in America.

BRB, getting hyped for Sexy Sarah Palin.

My thoughts:

I was meh on Corrine. It would of happen sooner or later and would of preferred a returning veteran such as Snake or Wolf or a non-FE character such as Dixie Kong, Sceptile, Elma, P. Mario, Captain Toad, Lana, Impa, Toon Zelda, etc. Still baffles me some of those characters haven't been in the roster yet. Corbin looks good though and much different compared to the other sword fighters.

I will always be happy Cloud got in and excited to see FF content. It's a great game that literally defined my childhood and a series that really got me into RPG's. And lol at the Genk costume. I'm expecting epic levels of salt coming from Geno fans. Also, but dissapointed we never got a Street a Fighter Mii costume such as Chun-Li or M. Bison. Those would of been epic.

But what got me pumping my fist and nerding out was Bayonetta. She looks absolutely perfect, her moved look awesome, her visual effects are amazing, and that stage! I was enthralled the entire time. I'm so happy to see Bayonetta be included in Smash and feel she's the perfect character to include as the last DLC.

I was blown away. Sadly, my Wii U no longer reads my SSB disc so I'm unable to play and I sold my 3DS and Smash 3DS. I might have to rearrange my funds, tighten my belt, and download it from the eshop.

this is the last direct.....

but.......

THE HYPE TRAIN NEVER DIES!!!!

CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA CHOO CHOOOOO!!!!!!

:150:

Love this artwork. Subtle smash logo on top, yandere Villager, da evil gimz for killing pm, evil R.O.B from Subspace.

This is it. This was and is the greatest Smash game to ever be released, and no amount of children are going to put me down with their salt. I am beside myself with excitement to be honest. This is THE definitive Smash Bros. game. Oh my god.

Just in Case Sakurai or someone from his team takes the effort of reading the comments on this site:

Thank you all very much. You have created a game that is so epic it even brought friends back together who smashed back in the old days.
The game feels fantastic and looks amazing. If there would be a game of the decade award, for me personally, it would go to Sm4sh. Again, thank you all so much.

Last edited:
The salt would not surprise me cuz there's always gonna be some anyways. Regardless, that was one hell of a final presentation there.

Thank you, Sakurai, for developing such great masterpiece that is Sm4sh. :)

WOW! That is so disappointing. Of course they just HAD to add another garbage FE character nobody cares about instead of adding someone actually interesting. Oh, and I'm SURE Bayonetta was the "#1 ballot character". So disappointed.

As I predicted, the most voted-for character, King K. Rool isn't gonna be in Smash 4. I guess we just have to make do with that garbage excuse for a character: Corrin. And that so-called ballot winner Bayonetta. We ALL were just DYING for Bayonetta. Right guys?

Dang! That was a HUGE disappointment. I just can't get over it. All I can hope for is that they reconsider and add more DLC characters in the future...

For now:

I'll always love Smash 4, though. Thanks for all the hard work, Sakurai...

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm disappointing with Corrin. He's a Fire Emblem character, and we have enough. I felt Sakurai decided to go for franchise appeal over a Nintendo All Stars battle.

Personally, I wanted Isaac from Golden Sun. But alrighty then, Sakurai

The site crashed, no Bayonetta in the poll and the character Artwork are sublime.
...I still kinda feel bas for Isaac, but hey

At least Bayonetta seems to have the flashiest combo ever. I think Viewtiful Joe would be proud. I mean, look at all these Special Effects XD

Top Bottom