• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Final Video Presentation Recap

What was your favorite part of the direct?

• Cloud and Midgar Stage Information

Votes: 95 12.9%
  • New Mii Costumes

Votes: 32 4.4%
  • Corrin Chooses To Smash

Votes: 184 25.0%
  • Bayonetta Gets Wicked! And New Umbra Clock Tower Stage

Votes: 424 57.7%

• Total voters
As Sakurai set to close the curtains on Smash 4, our excitements could not be contained. Whistles blew on hype trains across the world as Smash fans settled in for what was to be the final video presentation for Smash 4. We got many amazing announcement that are sure to entice. For those who have yet to watch the direct this is the final warning before we get to spoilers, so turn around now or learn what Smash 4 still has in store!

---​

Corrin, the main character from from Fire Emblem: Fates is coming to Smash! Corrin will have a male and female version of the character similar to Robin or Wii Fit Trainer. As "dragon blood runs through his veins" some of his moves will involve partial transformation. If Corrin is purchased for the Wii U version, two free songs will be included on the the Fire Emblem stages in the games from Fire Emblem Fates. Two special trophies for Fire Emblem Fates have also been added to Smash 3DS. Corrin has a hopeful release in February 2016 and is expected to cost $4.99 for the character.

Corrin Chooses To Smash!

Many details on Cloud's gameplay were explained during the presentation including the mechanics of his Limit Gauge as well as how the new stage Midgar would use 'summons' like Ifrit, Ramuh, Odin, and more! Cloud and his new stage Midgar will be coming to Smash 4 for download later today! They can be bought as a bundle for $5.99.

New Mii Costumes!

While many expected the Chocobo Mi hat after the Cloud's announcement, another character with strong ties to Square Enix and Nintendo also made his way into Smash as a costume: Super Mario RPG's Geno! This wasn't the end either as many more costumes were announced such as:
  • Knuckles (Sonic) - Mii Brawler Costume
  • Tails (Sonic) - Mii Gunner Costume
  • Bionic - Brawler
  • Ashley (Wario Ware Inc. Mega Microgame$)- Swordfighter
  • Gil - (The Tower Of Druaga) Swordfighter
  • Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) - Swordfighter

Bayonetta comes to Smash! She was the winner of the Smash Ballot in Europe, within the top 5 in America, and was the most "realizable fighter" within the ballot. Umbra Clock Tower will be coming as Bayonetta's stage with it's own unique music as well as special trophies form the game. February 2016 is also the targeted release date for Bayonetta. All characters announced today will also have amiibos made for them as well.

Bayonetta Gets Wicked!

The full presentation with more details can be viewed here. Feel the hype Smash fans? Is that pure energy unable to be contained? Jump into the comments section below and tell us what was the best part of this direct and as always stay tuned to Smashboards for the finest in Smash news coverage

Last edited:

Comments

She was Top 5 overall, not the top. In Europe, yes, but not worldwide.
She was top 5 only in the USA and number one only in Europe... and number one worldwide (meaning the total votes from Japan and USA and Europe added up together made her the number one overall).

I guess more European fans voted for their number one character than the Japanese and the American fans did for their number one characters.

How many times will we have to clarify this? Did any of you even watch the direct?
I did watch it, and it said that she was number one overall worldwide. She was number 5 in only North America.

I'm not going to start any arguments with you, since you insist on naming nearly everybody who disagrees with you or tries to give factual evidence to support their claims 'fanboys', or something along those lines. It's all good man.

Last edited:
Well you see, by definition, a swordfighter is a fighter, as you can tell by the name, that uses a sword.
Well, what can I say about pure logic. He is by the rules "another swordfighter", but he's not "just" a regular swordfighter.

I mean, look at Marth, Lucina, Ike and Shulk (examples, don't judge them). Most of their techniques rely on being able to use their sword because that's their main way of attacking.
On the other side, Corrin is able to attack without relying on his sword. He DOES use it a lot, but he just has a good amount of moves that aren't reliant on it.
...I'd like to say the same for Cloud since unlike most of them he has a projectile, but even his projectile is sword-based... :(

Last edited:
I'm surprised they pulled the plug on DLC when they did. Honestly, Big N could have milked us for another two DLC characters (Bringing the number to an even 60) and avoided one hell of a fanboy ****storm. 58 is just such an odd number to end at, especially given the extra character slots present in the game.

So let's say Corrin, Cloud, and Bayo were non-negotiable. We've got our obligatory FE advertising rep, FF7 rep, and Europe's top Smash ballot request.

So let's say they added two more characters. If Big N picked two from this list: The ballot winner from North America. The ballot winner from Japan (or Asia as a whole). A returning character (Wolf, Snake, IC's, even Pichu), another 3rd party character.

They could have completely avoided the backlash and Smash fans would still throw their wallets in support. With the NX around the corner and an inevitable Smash 5 coming, I get that they don't want to dump too much time into this game, but a lot of the assets could be ported over to the new game. Add a blockbuster character now, get the money from the DLC sales, use the model and moveset in new game.

The way it stands now, Bayo is cool. . . but the fact that they kept having to add asterisks to justify her inclusion should have been a sign. * - The most realizable . * - Top in Europe * - Top 5 in the World of characters who were negotiable. At least her moveset looks super cool, and I'm praying that the background monsters in her stage are just visual effects because it looks like it could potentially be a cool counterpick stage. I may sound salty about her, but I'm not. I'm salty about the ballot in general.

It just . . . to me, it feels like my ballot vote was completely wasted because Sakurai / Nintendo just cherry picked who they wanted out of the results. The "realizable" and "negotiable" part rub me the wrong way. . . Really, any character could be dismissed given the criteria given.

Geno? Non negotiable, we already picked our Square Enix rep.
K.Rool? Not realizable. We don't like him, or the DK franchise.
Banjo Kazooie? Non negotiable. We'd have to ask big daddy Microsoft, and despite the fact that Wii U is getting Minecraft, which is owned by Microsoft, they clearly couldn't be bothered to negotiate.
Ridley? Too big, not realizable.
Simon Belmont? Non negotiable. Despite the fact we've worked with Konami before, and he's not only a classic character from a longstanding franchise, but had such close ties with Nintendo that he was part of the main roster of that ****ty Nintendo based 80's cartoon Captain N.
Captain Toad? Shovel Knight? Shantae? Sceptile? Inkling? Nope nope nope.
Isaac? Not, not realizable. We have too many sword characters.
Speaking of, here's Corrin.

Corrin, as cool as her moveset is, is ANOTHER advertising character for FE. One that spoiled that Corrin is a Manakete for all of us in the west who were waiting for Fates, like myself and my wife. Not only did Corrin spoil my Smash hype, Corrin managed to spoil my Fire Emblem hype.

Good job Nintendo. Good job.

Last edited:
I don't see the issue with Bayonetta. She fits most of the requirements for your typical Smash char (Well known, very unique style, been on a Nintendo console).

And as much as I wanted the likes of K Rool or Shantae in Smash, they aren't as recognizable as Bayonetta. Shantae premiered in 2002, and has had a recently released game but...when I first saw a video of her. I thought "Shantae? Who's that?" Even though I had followed Nintendo for a very long time. The same is with K Rool. He's fallen out. When was the last game he was in? Checking most sites say he was last a major antagonist in Donkey Kong 64...

Bayonetta is a pretty well known name and it hasn't been around as long. Bayonetta 2 was highly advertised so she is more recognizable among younger fans. And she has such potential for a moveset! I know there are people who are rightfully salty about chars like Snake or Wolf...but characters like K Rool and especially Geno have fallen out of style. They just aren't as recognizable to the GENERAL audience.

I was so disinterested in Corrin that I tuned out of the direct as Sakurai was explaining him. And this is coming from a FE fan. Just about the only thing I noticed was that his fsmash out distances Shulk's, which is ridiculous. Cloud I was strangely ok with, despite not ever playing his game, but Corrin... Probably the first character I truly dislike. Maybe it's just because playing so much Awakening burned me out on FE, but I am completely indifferent to both him and Fates. I guess that happens when you have too much of a good thing, be it games in a series or characters from a series appearing in smash. I suppose I'd probably feel the same if DK had 6 reps... maybe it's for the best if it's only got two.

And as for Bayo... I'm indifferent to her as well. I get her significance, though I agree with others that it seems off that she 'won' the ballot. Either way, I prolly won't use her much if at all. Too complex and combo-centric. I prefer characters that hit less and harder. Hence another reason why I like Cloud...;)

E
Corrin and Bayonetta look great, can't wait to use them.

For anyone complaining about another FE character seriously give it some thought. Mario is pretty big over here and we have 8 Mario characters in this game. FE is really big in japan, it isn't that bad then to have 6 FE chars (I think 6? didn't care to count lol); in fact it makes a lot of sense because so much of the game already feels a bit tailored to us in the US. I think Bayonetta and Corrin were very good editions if we consider the whole world.

Tl;DR It's good to keep an open mind and just be happy.

Last edited:
I did watch it, and it said that she was number one overall worldwide. She was number 5 in only North America.

I'm not going to start any arguments with you, since you insist on naming nearly everybody who disagrees with you or tries to give factual evidence to support their claims 'fanboys', or something along those lines. It's all good man.
This is hilarious. I sure do call everyone "fanboys". Hello, all you fanboys! :p

My Hope for my Vote is gone.
HeroOfLightFallintoBattle!2.JPG

Oh well, the Characters still seem interesting.
Maining Cloud and Bayonetta soon! Corrin looks incredibly interesting. Thank you Sakurai! For Everything!

Last edited:
I, for one, welcome our new bespectacled goddess.

But in all seriousness, both of the characters look great, and even though they weren't my picks (no Snake? ;_; ), I'm happy about them.

She was Top 5 overall, not the top. In Europe, yes, but not worldwide.
Actually She was Top 5 in US, She was around #1 Worldwide.

ALSO I think when they say realizable, there talking about the Votes for Shrek, Goku, and Cory Baxter not being able to be realized, because you know, most votes were more meme jokes than the more serious ones.

The game went from Saturday morning cartoon characters smacking each other around to creepy-a** anime characters slashing each other with swords.
AKA Soul Calibur.

What's next? The cast from Hexen?

...Just kidding but still, It's WAAAY too overrepped. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for Roy and Lucina. I hope they get cut next game.

...At least I got Pac-Man.

You know, looking at the comments is one of the reason why Smash 4 shouldn't have DLC in the first place.

Last edited:
You think a stage that appears to, from that trailer, have no side walls and no stage hazards and has the platform movement of the single most popular neutral stage choice doesn't have ANY chance of being tourney legal. You must be new here.
it's closer to pokefloats than battlefield and it isn't flat. this website has become so ****ing trash...

Last edited:
How many times will we have to clarify this? Did any of you even watch the direct?
Bayo was within top 5 USA, so she could have been anywhere from 2nd to 5th place. 1st place europe and WORLDWIDE 1st place.

I watched the direct multiple times. please do so posthaste

I'm surprised Bayonetta is getting by with all the partial nudity (which it doesn't seem like they changed) and the guns.

But she's probably the only DLC character I've been hyped for instead of just enjoying when I picked up. Speaking of which, Cloud's recovery lol

I'm surprised they pulled the plug on DLC when they did. Honestly, Big N could have milked us for another two DLC characters (Bringing the number to an even 60) and avoided one hell of a fanboy ****storm. 58 is just such an odd number to end at, especially given the extra character slots present in the game.

So let's say Corrin, Cloud, and Bayo were non-negotiable. We've got our obligatory FE advertising rep, FF7 rep, and Europe's top Smash ballot request.

So let's say they added two more characters. If Big N picked two from this list: The ballot winner from North America. The ballot winner from Japan (or Asia as a whole). A returning character (Wolf, Snake, IC's, even Pichu), another 3rd party character.

They could have completely avoided the backlash and Smash fans would still throw their wallets in support. With the NX around the corner and an inevitable Smash 5 coming, I get that they don't want to dump too much time into this game, but a lot of the assets could be ported over to the new game. Add a blockbuster character now, get the money from the DLC sales, use the model and moveset in new game.

The way it stands now, Bayo is cool. . . but the fact that they kept having to add asterisks to justify her inclusion should have been a sign. * - The most realizable . * - Top in Europe * - Top 5 in the World of characters who were negotiable. At least her moveset looks super cool, and I'm praying that the background monsters in her stage are just visual effects because it looks like it could potentially be a cool counterpick stage. I may sound salty about her, but I'm not. I'm salty about the ballot in general.

It just . . . to me, it feels like my ballot vote was completely wasted because Sakurai / Nintendo just cherry picked who they wanted out of the results. The "realizable" and "negotiable" part rub me the wrong way. . . Really, any character could be dismissed given the criteria given.

Geno? Non negotiable, we already picked our Square Enix rep.
K.Rool? Not realizable. We don't like him, or the DK franchise.
Banjo Kazooie? Non negotiable. We'd have to ask big daddy Microsoft, and despite the fact that Wii U is getting Minecraft, which is owned by Microsoft, they clearly couldn't be bothered to negotiate.
Ridley? Too big, not realizable.
Simon Belmont? Non negotiable. Despite the fact we've worked with Konami before, and he's not only a classic character from a longstanding franchise, but had such close ties with Nintendo that he was part of the main roster of that ****ty Nintendo based 80's cartoon Captain N.
Captain Toad? Shovel Knight? Shantae? Sceptile? Inkling? Nope nope nope.
Isaac? Not, not realizable. We have too many sword characters.
Speaking of, here's Corrin.

Corrin, as cool as her moveset is, is ANOTHER advertising character for FE. One that spoiled that Corrin is a Manakete for all of us in the west who were waiting for Fates, like myself and my wife. Not only did Corrin spoil my Smash hype, Corrin managed to spoil my Fire Emblem hype.

Good job Nintendo. Good job.
Geno? Cloud is the square rep and is the most iconic square character they could get their hands on. They aren't going to waste time on some random no name character nobody knows other than the whiny hardcore. From the looks of it cloud set them back a lot with licensing as Square seemed reluctant to give anything: only two songs on his stage? just cloud? one costume and one hat? check what other companies were willing to offer.
K.Rool? Irrelevant character. Not trending in any way whatsoever. Any smart director would have passed over this character as it doesn't add anything to the roster, not in the form of being an icon, being an interesting character nor being relevant or trending.
Banjo Kazooie?We just dumped a ton of money on Cloud from FF7. Do you know how much licensing Banjo might have sent them back? Banjo is also irrelevant, and not trending and also isn't a gaming icon so that leaves his moveset being interesting up for debate.
Ridley? Boss characters won't be made playable, same goes for assist trophies.
Simon Belmont? Ok, here's a decent choice. Gaming Icon, same as Snake, even though Snake is trending. Snake would sadly be the first choice. Problem lies with Konami somewhere. Kojima and Sakurai are friends and would not have minded, the problem is with Konami and Kojima :they were not getting along well to the point that Kojima finally got to leave the konami basement prison a few days ago and form a new Kojima productions working with Sony. This falls unders "adult circumstances."
Captain Toad? Shovel Knight? Shantae? Sceptile? Inkling? Al of the above are not trending or relevant other than the Inklings. So for the sake of Inklings I will give you that. As much as I love shantae, just like the rest: they aren't gaming icons, trending or controlled by nintendo in some shape, way or form (which naturally adds complications and if these can't be solved, what is Sakurai supposed to do? dig into his own pockets and pay other corporations for their mascots?)
Isaac? irrelevant and not trending. A lot of characters getting in or not is dependent on luck as well. It's as if you haven't spend time reading source gaming's interviews with Sakurai at all.

He does a fairly good job explaining varying factors that go into character decisions.

Once characters make it in, it becomes more difficult for them to be removed and are probably done so for a multitude of circumstantial reasons, as Sakurai (if he could) would want to include all characters if he could. He is on record saying that in one of his earlier interviews.

I remember Brawl Hype.

I remember ROB hate.

I remember most of all Wolf hate as he was the LAST unlockable character and was another starfox space animal with similar specials. Everyone called him a clone. Everyone was salty and hated him.

Everyone remembered how Melees last secret character was Mewtwo.

Look at this ****storm. Damn. I'm thoroughly disappointed in this community. I hope Sakurai does well and comes back for the next installment. He seems like a capable man with an eye for detail who has a strong vision and isn't bullied by rabid fanboys.
A lesser designer would have caved and given us a game akin to Playstation All Stars and it would have bombed completely.

I'm surprised Bayonetta is getting by with all the partial nudity (which it doesn't seem like they changed) and the guns.

But she's probably the only DLC character I've been hyped for instead of just enjoying when I picked up. Speaking of which, Cloud's recovery lol
She got censored.
She loses hair and ends up looking like she's wearing an overall, while she should be naked.

This is not what she looks like in smash

K.Rool? Irrelevant character. Not trending in any way whatsoever. Any smart director would have passed over this character as it doesn't add anything to the roster, not in the form of being an icon, being an interesting character nor being relevant or trending.
I'm thinking that K.Rool didn't make it in because people hate DK's franchise.

I'm thinking that K.Rool didn't make it in because people hate DK's franchise.
Who in the world hates DK's franchise. I've never heard anyone ANYWHERE say that? It's considered to have the best music of any video game franchise hands down and has had a series of amazing titles over the past years and since the 90's. I mean, why, just WHY make up **** like that. It's so stupid. Plus, it's hard to say K. Rool isn't trending when he got the most votes. Even ZeRo acknowledged that it was surprising K. Rool didn't get in.

Who in the world hates DK's franchise. I've never heard anyone ANYWHERE say that? It's considered to have the best music of any video game franchise hands down and has had a series of amazing titles over the past years and since the 90's. I mean, why, just WHY make up **** like that. It's so stupid. Plus, it's hard to say K. Rool isn't trending when he got the most votes. Even ZeRo acknowledged that it was surprising K. Rool didn't get in.
I highly doubt he had the most votes. All these mini polls in echochambers are not representative of the population that voted for smash as it didn't consist of hardcore smash tourney goers only.

If you fooled yourself into believing fan polls were representative of the actual ballot you have been going down a dark path my friend.

KingPinGamez KingPinGamez

It is the Smash cycle.

Melee gets announced. Fans get hyped.
Melee shows veterans and newcomers. Fans get hyped.
Melee shows final newcomers. Fans get salty and blame final newcomers for keeping their favorite characters out.
Fans don't want Sakurai to work on next Smash game.

Brawl gets announced. Fans get hyped.
Brawl shows veterans and newcomers. Fans get hyped.
Brawl shows final newcomers. Fans get salty and blame final newcomers for keeping their favorite characters out.

SSB4 gets announced. Fans gets hyped.
SSB4 shows veterans and newcomers. Fans get hyped.
SSB4 shows final newcomers. Fans get salty and blame final newcomers for keeping their favorite characters out.

I wouldn't rely on fanpolls for this.

And to be frank, I don't hate the DK franchise but I am indifferent to it.

KingPinGamez KingPinGamez

It is the Smash cycle.

Melee gets announced. Fans get hyped.
Melee shows veterans and newcomers. Fans get hyped.
Melee shows final newcomers. Fans get salty and blame final newcomers for keeping their favorite characters out.

Brawl gets announced. Fans get hyped.
Brawl shows veterans and newcomers. Fans get hyped.
Brawl shows final newcomers. Fans get salty and blame final newcomers for keeping their favorite characters out.

SSB4 gets announced. Fans gets hyped.
SSB4 shows veterans and newcomers. Fans get hyped.
SSB4 shows final newcomers. Fans get salty and blame final newcomers for keeping their favorite characters out.
This is the absolute worst community.
I have been holding off on doing smash videos because of these manchildren and their tears about every little thing.
Lucina and Dark Pit were costumes.
The dev team secretly squeezed in EXTRA TIME to make them playable as well as added ZSamus two extra outfits from Zero Mission and Fusion Completion screens!

Fans cry and complain.

Sakurai goes out of his way to negotiate for Cloud. THE FF REP THE RPG REP.
HE ACQUIRED THIS.

fans cry because of minor characters like K. Rool? Wolf?

Smash has reached the point where every must have character is in the game. Either other series should become super popular to deserve a spot on the roster, or the new games should have strong new characters that allow for translation into interesting fighters fro smash bros.

I was really happy with the presentation. It was great! I actually found myself begging for the video not to end, but alas, it did. Sad times.

I can remember, back when the game was still quite early in development, getting up early in the morning and checking out the website for any new updates or pics of the day.

Now, if there was one thing that should have been included was the final Smash Ballot results. I want to see the names of the different characters everybody voted for. Maybe that'll all be shown some time soon in the future? Who knows.

As for the characters, well, I've never heard of Corrin, but his moves look really cool. That's the good thing about Smash: you're introduced to new characters and franchises through their inclusion. I expected many people to be angry at the inclusion of another Fire Emblem sword user, but Sakurai is clearly fond of the franchise, and if he wants to put in loads of characters from it, he can.

I really didn't expect Bayonetta to be included. I mean, they're not even trying to cover up the fact that she straight up uses guns. I guess the rules about what weaponry characters can and can't use are more relaxed now (I wonder what kind of moves Snake would have been given now). Bayonetta is also well known for pretty much having been created to be video game sex appeal incarnate or something like that, so I thought that would have also lessened her chances of showing up. But nope! Her mannerisms are just as flirty and suggestive as in her own series. Overall, her special moves and combos look stylish and cool, so it's great to see her in Smash Bros..
Your optimism is refreshing!

If it's truly over than I'll accept it... but if there's one thing I'll be bothered by it as it is it's when you put the pieces together, the Wii U CSS will have toon link being separated from his zelda reps. leaving those who read this or have OCD to never unsee this. :(

You make a good point though, DLC is over, or at least ending when Bayonetta and Corrin are released... but when you think about who is included in the first dlc character bundle (think veterans to newcomers), and how a three character bundle would not feel right to some (and the fact that a certain Wii U title comes out in February)... call me crazy, but I think there will be no more than 1 certain veteran coming out along with Corrin and Bayonetta given the circumstances in February.

TL;DR I think Wolf be announced in February (as the true last fighter, along with Chrarcter Bundle 2 being announced with Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta, and Wolf) given that Star Fox Zero comes out by then and that in total 4 veterans and 4 newcomers would round out character DLC fairly well. Circumstantial? Totally. Does it make sense? When you think about it... yes, surprisingly.
Yeah; honestly, why did they have to make the CSS so messed up?

I mean, if Wolf was announced, it would just be a tweet or something. All I know is that they said this is the final broadcast; I don't remember if they ever said it was the final DLC, though I would bank on it. I just think it's 99.99% over.

If you're still stuck thinking Bayonetta was #1. At least admit that Corrin was an absolutely awful choice of newcomer when SO MANY other characters were more deserving. In fact, few people really mind Bayo's inclusion (other than feminists, maybe). But, there are few who would deny that if Wolf or Ridley (among others) got in instead of that trashy excuse for a character, Corrin, nobody would be complaining.

Yeah; honestly, why did they have to make the CSS so messed up?

I mean, if Wolf was announced, it would just be a tweet or something. All I know is that they said this is the final broadcast; I don't remember if they ever said it was the final DLC, though I would bank on it. I just think it's 99.99% over.
watch as these kids cry when it doesn't come true.
Naturally everyone wants more characters, but when the creator said this was the last broadcast, the last DLC characters and he's moving on?

I think you are just setting yourself up for disappointment

Smash 4 is going out with a big slap to the face for any real Smash fans. It's like Sakurai said: "Hey look, guys! Everyone wants Geno, K. Rool, and Ridley. Screw them! Let's add Corrin and Bayonetta!".

Gotta love adding characters nobody gives a **** about. Amirite?
Lol at "real Smash fans". You know someone is out of touch with reality when they feel compelled to say "real (insert any sort of franchise) fan" when in an argument. It's just laughable.

"Heroman obviously beats Wombatman because Heroman has invisible death rays!!! Anyone who disagrees isn't a real superhero fan!!"

This is the absolute worst community.
I have been holding off on doing smash videos because of these manchildren and their tears about every little thing.
Lucina and Dark Pit were costumes.
The dev team secretly squeezed in EXTRA TIME to make them playable as well as added ZSamus two extra outfits from Zero Mission and Fusion Completion screens!

Fans cry and complain.

Sakurai goes out of his way to negotiate for Cloud. THE FF REP THE RPG REP.
HE ACQUIRED THIS.

fans cry because of minor characters like K. Rool? Wolf?

Smash has reached the point where every must have character is in the game. Either other series should become super popular to deserve a spot on the roster, or the new games should have strong new characters that allow for translation into interesting fighters fro smash bros.
Actually, the Destiny community is by far the worse community I've ever been apart of. The salt content there compared to here is like comparing a teaspoon of salt to a bathtub of salt. Teaspoon obviously being here. The amount of trolling and flaming just because you play a particular character or use a particular weapon is off the charts. Coming here and participating in these manchildren throwing self-entitled temper tantrums is actually quite refreshing.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think people are too worried about being sympathetic to Sakurai. I mean, do any of you even realize that this a COMPANY we're talking about? THEY make games. WE give them money so we can play them. I don't care how "TIRED" Sakurai is. Nintendo doesn't have some kind of deep emotional relationship with their fans. At the end of the day, they're a great company. But that's just what they are: a COMPANY. We have no obligation to feel bad for them, or to say something like: "Sakurai and his team did sooo much work. How could we EVER complain".

So, please, for god's sake, stop saying that we should be grateful. In fact, Nintendo is doing themselves a disservice by not continuing to make DLC. They don't need Sakurai to make more DLC. They could get another team. Sakurai and his team already did the work of making the game engine so they don't need them for the DLC end of things. If they want more money, the next logical step is to make more DLC. The fact that they're stopping so soon is surprising to me, in fact. What game in 2015 stops adding DLC after just a year of development. There passing up an opportunity for more money. So, really, they're only hurting themselves.

Honestly, I think people are too worried about being sympathetic to Sakurai. I mean, do any of you even realize that this a COMPANY we're talking about? THEY make games. WE give them money so we can play them. I don't care how "TIRED" Sakurai is. Nintendo doesn't have some kind of deep emotional relationship with their fans. At the end of the day, they're a great company. But that's just what they are: a COMPANY. We have no obligation to feel bad for them, or to say something like: "Sakurai and his team did sooo much work. How could we EVER complain".

So, please, for god's sake, stop saying that we should be grateful. In fact, Nintendo is doing themselves a disservice by not continuing to make DLC. They don't need Sakurai to make more DLC. They could get another team. Sakurai and his team already did the work of making the game engine so they don't need them for the DLC end of things. If they want more money, the next logical step is to make more DLC. The fact that they're stopping so soon is surprising to me, in fact. What game in 2015 stops adding DLC after just a year of development. There passing up an opportunity for more money. So, really, they're only hurting themselves.
Am I glad you have no day in this.

Smash without sakurai at this point is business suicide.
It would most probably end up being a total disaster of a game that nobody would like.

Please refrain from speaking about things of which you know little of.

You might hurt yourself

D
I want the number 1 character in the ballot to get in. Not just a character in the top 5. If you're happy throwing money down the drain at a game that isn't doing anything right, then have fun. Maybe you should learn to stop sucking up to Nintendo and their garbage decisions.

You're just another one of those typical fanboy kids who can never see when their favorite developer screws up. Now stop crying and go hug your mommy or something. Whatever makes you feel better so you can stop being so butthurt about the real world.

But, on a serious note, it's stupid to just be satisfied with what they're adding currently. I mean, just the fact that they're ending DLC is silly for them and us.
You're now officially my favorite person on here thus far. Thank You. I've finally found somebody who's willing to tell the truth about Sm4sh.

Am I glad you have no day in this.

Smash without sakurai at this point is business suicide.
It would most probably end up being a total disaster of a game that nobody would like.

Please refrain from speaking about things of which you know little of.

You might hurt yourself
Like I said, Sakurai and his team already finished the game engine. Now that they're done. Another team in Nintendo could step in and create more DLC, nothing else. What issue is there with that?

Speaking of that, you clearly don't know **** about game development. So, maybe you should take some of your own advice.

Last edited:
Like I said, Sakurai and his team already finished the game engine. Now that they're done. Another team in Nintendo could step in and create more DLC, nothing else. What issue is there with that?

Speaking of that, you clearly don't know **** about game development. So, maybe you should take some of your own advice.
I would wager I have more knowledge about game development than you do.

There is a huge difference between japanese and western games.

what you are asking for is akin to what a western developer would do.

Western games are also known for their bugs. Take a look at skyrim, fallout, assassin's creed etc.

There's a reason Sakurai says he's not so sure if a team can pull of a Smash Bros game without him. There's a reason Iwata always returned to Sakurai for the task.

People have skills and abilities unique to them and it would not be wise to simply shove the work of DLC onto any willing person just for the sake of a quick buck.

that will give you the same thing that happened to the guitar hero franchise. Forcing it to be go dormant for a long time before being rebooted.

You literally know nothing. John Snow.

So my friend was never a Nintendo fan. We played Brawl together back in the day but he never knew or cared to know the characters. He did enjoy it because it was fun to play. He didn't care about silly mechanics or wasted character slots.

He was a diehard PS fan and a huge FF fan. He was ecstatic when FF moved to PlayStation. Well, time went on and he got married and had kids. I haven't seen him for 8 years at least. He randomly messages me last month hyping out on Cloud getting into Smash 4. He asked if I recall him telling me how Cloud should be Smash and how I dismissed it on the grounds that he isn't Nintendo and would be in a Sony Smash Bros. if it ever happens.

Not only was he ecstatic but he started saying how he might actually buy a Wii U. Turns out he bought the Wii U for the family for Christmas. Plus Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, 3 Amiibos, and SSB4. Just because Cloud was included in Smash. And that's just one customer who is doing that. I'm willing to bet there's a good amount of people who are investing in Nintendo

Smash is a marketing cash cow and that isn't something to be shameful of.

Last edited:
I would wager I have more knowledge about game development than you do.

There is a huge difference between japanese and western games.

what you are asking for is akin to what a western developer would do.

Western games are also known for their bugs. Take a look at skyrim, fallout, assassin's creed etc.

There's a reason Sakurai says he's not so sure if a team can pull of a Smash Bros game without him. There's a reason Iwata always returned to Sakurai for the task.

People have skills and abilities unique to them and it would not be wise to simply shove the work of DLC onto any willing person just for the sake of a quick buck.

that will give you the same thing that happened to the guitar hero franchise. Forcing it to be go dormant for a long time before being rebooted.

You literally know nothing. John Snow.
I never said anything about a western team. It doesn't even matter when all you're doing is adding new characters.

Honestly, you're the most arrogant little kid I've seen in this thread so far. It's just getting funny at this point. You might wanna stop before you embarrass yourself even more.

Last edited:
I never said anything about a western team. It doesn't even matter when all you're doing is adding new characters.

Honestly, you're the most arrogant little kid I've seen in this thread so far. It's just getting funny at this point. You might wanna stop before you embarrass yourself even more.
You and your strawmen.
Reread what I have written before writing a reply with no real content.
Please.
I beg of you.
This is not a conversation if you can't reply properly.

Kids these days....

Top Bottom