• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash 3DS Japanese Information Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Haven't seen this mentioned yet so wanted to point this out.

Zipzo discovered that ledge stalling seems to be gone. That is, dropping down from the ledge and jumping up again and grab. However, in the demo, this is still possible with Pikachu and Villager at least (feel free and try!), while Mario and Link aren't able to. So this seems like character-specific now.

Edit: I also remember Zipzo mentioning it being possible for some characters because of longer air time and that might be what this is, but it still feels like I can instantly regrab with Pikachu / Villager even without waiting anything. Well, this was just something I reacted to, it will need more testing after release.

Last edited:

ryd33n

Smash Rookie
The Chain-grabbing thing seems like a ploy to discourage really one-sided winning and streaks, which I see as discouraging competitive play.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Finally downloaded the demo and it's looking pretty good.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Chain grabbing is out?
Oh dear, things aren't looking good for poor Dedede suddenly. Fingers crossed that he hasn't been nerfed into oblivion...

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Finally downloaded the demo and it's looking pretty good.
Not sure if you are willing to answer to any questions, but I will take my chances. How is the falling speed in the game compared to previous entries (Project M included)? Thanks!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's a bit faster but not P:M level but faster than Brawl.

There's a new strange item which looks like red grass. When you pull it out, it becomes an item.

Also, Tanooki Villager :D

Attachments

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In order to make sure updates are kept organized without being drowned in discussions it was decided that there will be two seperate threads. This one which will focus on display information and the information discussion thread which has been stickied at the top in the 3DS section. When you see a new post in this thread, that wiki indicate there had been an update.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
One thing I came across was a red weed, potentially from Animal Crossibf that, when pulled pulls up a random item. I got an Ore Club from one and a Super Scope from another.

Also, here's a Tanooki Villager.

Attachments

Une

Smash Apprentice
It's a bit faster but not P:M level but faster than Brawl.

There's a new strange item which looks like red grass. When you pull it out, it becomes an item.

Also, Tanooki Villager :D
Maybe it's supposed to be grass from Mario 2? Like when you pull up grass to get things like veggies and stuff, maybe this is a new "container" for items like barrels and capsules. Would make lot of sense.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Maybe it's supposed to be grass from Mario 2? Like when you pull up grass to get things like veggies and stuff, maybe this is a new "container" for items like barrels and capsules. Would make lot of sense.
I find it funny how they call it "Grass". I'd rather it'd be "Shoot" or similar. I dunno.

But hohoho, I love now what this is actually. Another fun way to implement picking up items. (SMB2 was my first Mario-game after Doctor Mario)
Sad thing Toad's not around for this kinda stuff though.

EDIT: Can you show all the Alt colors? I want to see if Pikachu has the Ethan's/Gold's hat (The hat from Gold/Silver's Protagonist)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The only alt colors available int he demo are as follows:

Rock Man
Blue (default)
Red and Grey
Green and Grey
Bronze and yellow

Villager
Red (default)
Green (female)
Pink (d\female)
Yellow (male)

Pikachu
Regular
Red's Hat
Brandan's Green Band
Goggles

Link
Green (default)
Purple
Red
Blue

Mario
Red and Blue (default)
Yellow and purple
White and red
Purple and blue

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm going to be doing some things in this thread so don't fret if posts disappear.

Edit: Done!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We (as in Aero) moved some posts over from the Information thread to this thread so sorry if things look wonky.

Wondering, are you going to give Alph his own profile as a "sort-of" Newcomer or just slap him with Olimar?
He will be treated as an alternate costume much like th eothers unless he gets his own character roster slot.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think Alph should at least gets his own icon (:4olimar:) even though he is only an alt for Olimar.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Can someone please test out if this is possible with any other character besides megaman? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1aLKgGvQug

This allows getting out of every low % combo. Its actually a pretty big deal that could ruin Smash 4 competitively if its universal (and not patched out).
It's just Megaman. Let's not overreact here. There are sure to be other ways to combo Megaman if the glitch stays anyway. It certainly won't ruin Smash4's competitive scene lol.

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
Why has nobody ever thought to make the shiny coloring as an alternate for pokemon? It's right there.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Why has nobody ever thought to make the shiny coloring as an alternate for pokemon? It's right there.
Charizard. Just left of center. SHINING CHARIZARD WAS ORIGINALLY PURPLE. How many times am I going to have to remind people of this? :facepalm:

Also, Greninja. Also just left of center. Any Pikachu with a red hat. Literally the only Pokémon that isn't getting his shining palette is Lucario. :grrr:

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you, I'll add those alt colors to the information thread :)

mehcode

Smash Rookie
NNID
mehcode
3DS FC
4828-4767-1945
Found a compilation image of all the leaked alt colors from Famitsu.

Code:
http://i.imgur.com/Yab2WtT.jpg

mehcode

Smash Rookie
NNID
mehcode
3DS FC
4828-4767-1945
Looks like Link's diety alt is missing...or not in the game.

Also why does luigi have two default colours?
Fierce Deity Link is the eighth one. Look closely and you can see the markings on his face.

As for the second Luigi, perhaps its a misprint? No idea.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While it might be just blind hope, but I think that alternative colors can be unlocked. Sakurai mentioned how you are rewarded customizable items in Classic Mode after each match. I took that to mean power ups and equipment but maybe this is a way to unlock customizable moves and alt colors/costumes? I am really hoping for a Mr. L, Cosmic Mario and Rosalina, Psuedo-Palutena, those Pikachu cosplay outfits in the upcoming remakes, and Dry Bowser.

Needless to say, I am going to do my best to try and get any possible alternate costumes and such in the open when I get the game tomorrow night.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Wow, Pac-Man's alts are even more disappointing than Sonic's. At least Peach's, Pikachu's and Captain Falcon's new ones look awesome (plus, party hat Pikachu confirmed!). I feel like Greninja's last alt is supposed to be referencing another Pokémon, but I can't quite place it...

I'm thoroughly confused about Luigi's purported second alt; I see literally no difference, so I'm assuming that must be a mistake. Also, they totally stole my Maritime Luigi I made back in the Project: M team colors days. Really, it's practically identical; I guess I must have had insider information about Smash 4 way back in November 2012. Clearly the missing one must be Mars Luigi.

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Fierce Deity Link is the eighth one. Look closely and you can see the markings on his face.

It looks nothing like diety link. Every colour is wrong and fails to match this:

oh also mac is missing EIGHT OF HIS COSTUMES

mehcode

Smash Rookie
NNID
mehcode
3DS FC
4828-4767-1945
Hmm.. you may be right. Or perhaps that is how Deity Link looks in play. The profile picture just looks different. I want to agree with you but those red-ish blurs on on the eighth links face make me think otherwise.

Or.. maybe we're looking at unlock-able alts and Nintendo has decided to make Deity Link unlock-able.

XKan

Smash Apprentice

Wow, Pac-Man's alts are even more disappointing than Sonic's. At least Peach's, Pikachu's and Captain Falcon's new ones look awesome (plus, party hat Pikachu confirmed!). I feel like Greninja's last alt is supposed to be referencing another Pokémon, but I can't quite place it...

I'm thoroughly confused about Luigi's purported second alt; I see literally no difference, so I'm assuming that must be a mistake. Also, they totally stole my Maritime Luigi I made back in the Project: M team colors days. Really, it's practically identical; I guess I must have had insider information about Smash 4 way back in November 2012. Clearly the missing one must be Mars Luigi.
Famitsu has made mistakes before on their Smash Brothers 4 pages. So it is very likely. : )

Squishyfrog

Smash Rookie
NNID
Squishyfrog
It looks nothing like diety link. Every colour is wrong and fails to match this:

oh also mac is missing EIGHT OF HIS COSTUMES
It looks like Fierce Deity Link to me. You can see he has a dark blue upper half, you can just barely make out the orange trim around his neck, it appears there's some sort of red on his face, and his straps are also reddish in color as opposed to the brown on all the other Link palette swaps.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
It looks like Fierce Deity Link to me. You can see he has a dark blue upper half, you can just barely make out the orange trim around his neck, it appears there's some sort of red on his face, and his straps are also reddish in color as opposed to the brown on all the other Link palette swaps.
Yet here is what diety link actually looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom