• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smart Bombs are a blast in Brawl!

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
I myself am somewhat annoyed that the Pause looks exactly the same as the Melee one on the Training update, in that it doesn't freeze the action at all. That was annoying.
How can you tell from a still screenshot?

You do it all the time. It's pretty **** annoying especially when the answers to your questions are so obvious. You would have to be incredibly stupid if you don't know that Electrode will be in Brawl.
You are an ***. Even if an answer is obvious and the person annoys you that's no excuse for being abusive, grow up a bit.

I found today's update a bit less mundane than most of last week's, I'd missed the Smart Bomb in the E for All videos and it was interesting seeing that football, even if we didn't learn anything about it.

Ryu Phoenix

Smash Rookie
You do it all the time. It's pretty **** annoying especially when the answers to your questions are so obvious. You would have to be incredibly stupid if you don't know that Electrode will be in Brawl.
Also, I don't think it's that obvious. Not counting blurry little few-second parts of E For All videos, no one really would know whether Electrode was in Brawl or not. Also, Pokemon from the original 64 version were cut in Melee, so I think it's quite feasible for Pokemon from Melee to be cut in Brawl. Seriously, man, if someone doesn't know something, I don't find it that annoyingly ignorant.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
nice update, both of em cuz the training 1 had 2 happen eventually.... not a bad thing tho.
I'm pretty curious about the soccer ball (foot ball). What will it do? if u kick it will it just bounce / roll around? i dunno...:confused::confused::confused:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Also, I don't think it's that obvious. Not counting blurry little few-second parts of E For All videos, no one really would know whether Electrode was in Brawl or not. Also, Pokemon from the original 64 version were cut in Melee, so I think it's quite feasible for Pokemon from Melee to be cut in Brawl. Seriously, man, if someone doesn't know something, I don't find it that annoyingly ignorant.
Except for the fact that there's a very clear picture of it on the update and in this thread...

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I don't have starfox assault (though I played it and didn't like it at all, but didnt encounter the smart bomb either)....so what is so special about it? I can see it has a huge blast radius, but does it also mean that upon contact it sucks its opponent into the center?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I don't have starfox assault (though I played it and didn't like it at all, but didnt encounter the smart bomb either)....so what is so special about it? I can see it has a huge blast radius, but does it also mean that upon contact it sucks its opponent into the center?
It's pretty much like the Bullet Bills at Princess PEach's stage in Melee, except without the huge knockback.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Before this update, PRINCESSPEACH777 was not aware that Electrode was in Brawl, prompting the question.
He/she asked after the update was posted, and after several posts with pictures of Electrode in them. Meh, it doesn't matter, all of that person's posts are like that anyway, and they're confined to this forum so they must be bored.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Hahaha. I love love love this update. It's cool seeing smart bombs in this game. Love the fact that they don't always explode. It'll be good for some laughs.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Kashakunaki said:
Star Fox Nerd Alert:

Is it just me or was the Smart Bomb actually called a Nova Bomb in the Star Fox Franchise? I was 99% sure it was, but I guess I might be mistaken.
Nope. They call them smart bombs in Star Fox 64.

And that is obviously the only one that matters :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nybb wins. I remember it being called the smart bomb in SF64 as well.

lol, "Use bombs wisely!" -Peppy

thst would be gay if you were able to pick up the soccer ball with your hands
It'd be even funnier if when you grabbed it, you gain damage for a penalty...

EPIC PHAIL

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Aww Poor electrode. He wanted to kill someone..

I Think Voltorb should be in Brawl and do the same thing as Electrode just on a smaller scale.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
He/she asked after the update was posted, and after several posts with pictures of Electrode in them. Meh, it doesn't matter, all of that person's posts are like that anyway, and they're confined to this forum so they must be bored.
i'm a SHE thank you very much
and i'm so so sorry for not being perfect like you guys

NukeA6

Smash Master
it's because i didn't see an update about Electrode
Do you not see the Electrode in the screenshot? That alone should have answered your question. The super scope didn't have its own update so are you doubting its inclusion in Brawl?

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
Do you not see the Electrode in the screenshot? That alone should have answered your question. The super scope didn't have its own update so are you doubting its inclusion in Brawl?
every pokemon have their own update but not Electrode

Akiak

Smash Ace
I love the dud thing. Now the game is much more realistic!
But maybe the smart bomb is too much like most final smashes...but it doesen't bother me.

Tanea

Smash Ace
Wow, you completely missed my point.

I was *****ing about not being able to use the C-Stick in training mode in Melee, and they're doing the same thing in Brawl.
oh................. i retract my statement :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sieged Eagle

Smash Cadet
In a small, unobstrusive office hidden beneath Len
Nice update, but I wanted a character update today. :(

Although this item would've been funner to use if you could detonate it like on the original Star Fox games, but still, it looks pretty powerful, but sometimes, it might end like the headless hammer, which would make many people laugh (like when one of my friends get a dud hammer when I'm about to die). I might as well use it on some fights, even though I'm used to Pokeball to no item fights.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I'm a little disappointed by training Mode. There appears to be no changes at all.

M.K

Level 55
I'm a little disappointed by training Mode. There appears to be no changes at all.
As am I.

The Smart Bomb update doesn't help the chances of Items POSSIBLY being in tournaments. Whether a bomb/Electrode/AT is a dud just adds even more luck and chance to the game.
Oh well, Im playing with Items ON!

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
isnt wedsday usually "newcomer" day, hopefully we'll get something on those lines. I liked this update, but I know people get ansy and need a character to tide them over for a few more weeks.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
This week already completely and totally trumps last week.

Iceberg was great, I find it hard to complain about a Final Smash that was previously completely unknown. The only thing that bugs me is it not being double-updated.

The Smart Bomb is fantastic and one of those items I've been wanting to see in Smash for a long time. I jumped for joy when I saw it in the demonstration footage. Glad to finally see the update, too, to stop completely worthless speculation as to what game it's from, even if 99% of us knew it was from Star Fox.

Training is a yawn as there's absolutely nothing new about it. Thank god they had the decency to double update this one.

Top Bottom